Calicut University CAP UG 2020 – Calicut University has started the application process of Centralised Admission Process 2020 for the UG programmes. The candidates can fill the application form for Calicut University CAP UG 2020 at cuonline.ac.in/ug. The candidates can take admission in the programmes / courses at Arts and Science colleges affiliated to the university. To take admission in the Calicut University via CAP, the candidates have to first fill the application form, check the allotment list, pay the allotment fee, appear for the document verification process, and pay the admission fee. Get more information about Calicut University CAP UG 2020 here such as application process, allotment details, documents required for admission, seat reservation etc.
Latest: Calicut University has released the Fourth allotment for UG CAP-2020. Scroll down to check it.
Calicut University CAP UG 2020
Apart from the registration fee, the candidates need to pay the mandatory allotment fee in order to take admission in a particular course and college. Check more information regarding Calicut University CAP UG 2020 admission process given below.
|Registration of CAP 2020|
|Closing date of Registration|
|Last date for fee payment||17 Aug 2020 (till 5.00 PM)|
|Last Date of Admission|
06 Nov 2020
Bachelor of Theatre / BA (Music), Vocal, Veena, /Mridangam / Violin courses
– For admission into these courses, the candidates must compulsorily register through CAP. The colleges / centres offering these course shall conduct an aptitude test as per the dates announced by the colleges / centres. The principals will then prepare a rank list for the eligible students.
Calicut University CAP UG 2020 Fourth Allotment
- Click here to download the above notice.
Calicut University CAP UG 2020 Press Release
Click here to download the Notice
Calicut University CAP UG 2020 Second Allotment
- Click here to check Calicut University CAP UG 2020 Second Allotment Notice.
Calicut University CAP UG 2020 First Allotment
- Click here to download the above notice.
Afzal-Ul-Ulama (Preliminary) CAP 2020
Click here to apply online.
Click here to check the notification regarding Afzal-Ul-Ulama (Preliminary) CAP 2020.
Click here to check the prospectus.
Calicut University CAP UG 2020 Application Form
The registration for Centralized Admissions Process (CAP) UG 2020 can be done in the online mode only. The admission through CAP to first year UG programmes shall be conducted in two phases. The candidates can opt for 20 programmes or courses according to their choice from the list of affiliated colleges.
Phase 1: Submission of application
Part 1: CAP ID Generation
Firstly, the candidates need to enter their personal details and communication details to register. The candidates need to enter the details like name, date of birth, e-mail id, stream, mobile number, city, district, aadhar number etc. To get CAP id, after entering the details, click on the ‘register’ button to save the details. After the registration, the cap id and password gets generated.
Part 2: Student’s Profile
Next, create the student’s profile by entering the necessary details such as a number of chances for completing the qualifying examination, the stream of the qualifying examinations, reservation details. Also, upload the scanned image of the photograph after entering the details. Next, click on the ‘save and proceed’ button.
Part 3: Qualification Details
Now, enter the qualification details carefully.
Part 4: College Course Selection
After entering the qualification details, the candidates need to select the courses / colleges according to their preferences. By clicking the ‘take draft print’, the candidates can check the details that have been entered so far. If the details are correct, then, click on the ‘final submit and pay button’.
Phase 2: Fee Payment
After entering and saving all the details, pay the application fee. The application fee once remitted cannot be refunded. After the payment of the application fee, the candidates can take the printout of the completed application form.
|SC / ST||Rs 115|
The candidates who submit the applications after the closing of the registration process will have to pay RS 280 as the late fee.
Mode of payment: The candidates can pay the application fee using state bank online payment facility, payment gateway, Akshaya Centres & Friends Janasevana Kendram, Post Office.
Documents / Details needed to apply
- Proof of date of birth (SSLC) copy
- Valid mobile number
- Active e-mail id
- Copy of qualifying mark sheet
- Scanned copy of passport size photograph
Calicut University CAP UG 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Interested aspirants can check the eligibility criteria given below for Calicut University CAP UG 2020.
- The candidates who are ‘eligible for higher studies’ as per the Higher Secondary Examination or a pass in the equivalent examination is the minimum criteria for admission to degree courses.
- All those candidates who have qualified annual examination of the previous academic years are eligible for admission.
- The candidates who have qualified HSE and VHSE of the Govt. of Kerala under ‘SAY’ scheme and compartmental examination of CBSE are also eligible for admission in the first year degree courses.
Who are not eligible?
– The candidates who have passed the higher secondary examination of Tamil Nadu (private study) will not be considered for any course.
– The physically challenged candidates are not eligible for the Geology course.
– The visually challenged and deaf candidates are not eligible for admission into Science subjects including practical.
Calicut University CAP UG 2020 Courses Information
The following programs/courses are not included in the Centralised Admission Process.
- All Under Graduate programs/courses with Entrance Examination
- BSc Medical Laboratory Technology
- Bachelor of Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology
- BSc Medical Biochemistry
- BSc Medical Microbiology
- All Under Graduate Programmes for which affiliation orders are issued after the commencement of online registration
- UG Programmes conducted in the Autonomous Colleges.
Calicut University CAP UG 2020 Admission Process
There shall be total 3 allotments for all the category of students and 2 special allotments SC / ST category. It must be noted that after the closing of the application process for Calicut University CAP UG 2020, a trial allotment is published on the allotted date. After this, the candidates can re-arrange the priority of their options.
The candidates receiving the allotment need to pay the mandatory allotment fee. Check the amount given below.
|SC / ST||Rs 115|
Note: Those candidates who take admission to the self-financing programmes must remit Sports Affiliation Fee of Rs 280 and University Union Fee of Rs 85 at the college while taking admission.
First Allotment: The first allotment list released on the official website on the notified date. To confirm the admission, the candidates need to pay the allotment fee. Those candidates who are satisfied with their allotment must cancel all their higher options. If in case, the higher options are not cancelled, then, the candidates shall be considered for the higher options and then, will have to take admission as per those higher options.
Second Allotment: The second allotment list also releases on the official website only. To take admission according to the second merit list, the candidates need to pay the mandatory allotment fee. Those candidates who have paid the allotment fee during the first allotment, need not pay the allotment fee again. The candidates satisfied with the current allotment must cancel all their other higher options.
In case, the candidates do not cancel their higher options, then, the candidates shall be considered for the higher options and will be bound to give up the previous allotment and must take admission to the allotment received for the higher options.
Points to Remember after first and second allotment
- The candidates who have received first and second allotment must take permanent or temporary admission in the respective colleges.
- Those candidates who are satisfied with the first and second allotment must cancel all their other higher options and take permanent admission.
- All the remaining candidates waiting for the higher options must take temporary admission retaining / without cancelling their other options.
Note: Those candidates who will not take admission after the second allotment on the temporary basis shall be expelled from further admission process.
Third Allotment: The third allotment list also releases on the official website. The candidates who get admission according to the third allotment list are required to pay the mandatory allotment fee.
Check more information about the third allotment given in the image below.
Special Allotment: Once the third allotment is completed, two special allotments for SC / ST shall be considered. The vacancy position in SC / ST in forward community releases at cuonline.ac.in/ug. The candidates belonging to these categories can submit fresh options as per the vacancies. After receiving the allotment, the candidates need to pay the allotment fee.
Calicut Universty CAP UG Admission 2020
The candidates can check the particulars about the different admission at Calicut University.
- Permanent Admission: The candidates who get the allotment according to the first allotment and are satisfied with it, can take admissions in the respective colleges. After the third allotment, the candidates need to take permanent admission.
- Temporary Admission: After the second allotment, all candidates who have received allotment but not satisfied with their current allotment and willing to be considered for admission for higher options, must take temporary admission. Those candidates who take temporary admission, will then be considered for the higher options.
- Cancellation of higher options: The cancellation of higher options after receiving allotment can be done through Nodal centres only. Partial cancellation can be done by the candidates using the services of Akshaya centres and other firms providing internet facilities. For partial cancellation of higher options, the candidates can log in into CAP after the completion of each allotment.
- Re-arrangement of college and course: After the trial allotment, the candidates can change the priority of their options using the ‘drag and drop facility’. It must be noted that no new course or college can be added during the allotment process.
Calicut University CAP UG 2020 Admit Card
Admit card for Calicut University CAP UG releases for all those candidates who have received allotment and are willing to take the permanent admission. The admit card mentions the name of the course and college in which a candidate has taken admission. The candidates who have received allotment as per their first options and are satisfied with it can take the admit card, and report for the permanent admission.
Those candidates who receive the allotment after the third allotment but are not satisfied with the first, second, and third allotment can download Calicut University CAP UG 2020 admit card without cancelling their higher options in order to take permanent admission.
The admit card for Calicut University CAP UG is not released for the candidates belonging to the following category:
- Management Quota
- Lakshadweep Quota
Note: No admit card releases for the candidates who take temporary admission.
Calicut University CAP UG 2020 Post-Allotment Activities
Those candiates who get the allotment are required to report for the further admission process at the concerned college after remitting the university mandatory fee. The candidates need to produce the following original documents to the concerned authorities. The original documents shall be returned to the candidates after the verification process. Check the list of the documents given below.
- Admit card (only for candidates who received allotment)
- Printout of the application form
- Receipt or Challan of the remitted university / allotment fee
- Age proof
- Qualifying exam certificate
- Mark sheets of the qualifying exam
- Transfer certificate from the institution last studied
- Conduct certificate
- SSLC certificate
- Those candidates who have qualified examinations other than HSE / VHSE except CBSE / CISCE should produce equivalency certificate / recognition certificate
- Non-creamy layer certificate / nativity certificate / community certificate / EWS certificate as directed by the admitting authorities
- Candidates who claim bonus / weightage claims should produce relevant certificates
Click Here to check fee structure of Calicut University UG CAP 2020.
Seat Distribution for Calicut University CAP UG Admission 2020
The candidates can check the seat distribution given below according to different quotas in various type of colleges.
A. Government Colleges
|Seat Reservation||Percentage of reservation|
|Open Quota (on the basis of merit)||50%|
|Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC)|
– Ezhava (8%)
– Muslim (7%)”
– Latin Catholic Other Than Anglo Indian (1%)
– Other Backward Christians (OBX) (1%)
– Other Backward Hindus (3%)
|Economically Weaker Sections Among |
Forward Communities (EWS)
|SC / ST|
SC – 15%
ST – 5%
B. Mandatory Reservation in Aided Colleges
|Seat Reservation||Forward Community Colleges||Backward Community Colleges|
C. Reservation in Self-Financing programmes in Un-aided colleges, Aided Colleges, IHRD Colleges
In the case of un-aided colleges and self-financing programmes conducted in Aided and IHRD colleges, 50% of the total seat shall be filled by the management from among the candidates of their choices provided if they satisfy the eligibility conditions. The remaining 50% of the seats shall be distributed as follows:
|Distribution of 50% seats earmarked |
|% of reservation|
|Ezhava, Thiyya & Billava||9%|
|Latin Catholics other than Anglo Indians||2%|
|Other Backward Christians||1%|
|Other Backward Hindus||5%|
Official Website: cuonline.ac.in.
FAQs for Calicut University CAP UG 2020
Ques. Where can I fill application form for Calicut University CAP UG 2020?
Ques. Do I need to send the printout of the submitted application form or payment slips to the university?
Ques. What are nodal centres?
Ques. Can I edit my application form after its submission?
Ques. What are the documents needed to produce at the time of admission?
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.