CAT 2019 Application Form – IIM Kozhikode has released CAT 2019 Registration Form, on iimcat.ac.in. The form is only available online, for 43 days, as the registration ends on September 18, 2019. To apply, eligible graduate first need to register by entering name, date of birth, e-mail id, country, and mobile number. Next, they have to fill details in the form and upload images. Last step is to pay Common Admission Test application fee, which is Rs. 1900 (Rs. 950 for SC / ST / PwD candidates). Candidates properly registered for CAT 2019, will get admit card on October 23, 2019. Check CAT 2019 Application Form process, fee, important documents and more details here.
Latest: The application form for CAT 2019 has been released. Link to apply given below.
CAT 2019 Application Form
Common Admission Test is a the biggest national level MBA entrance exam. Around 2 lakh candidates apply for the exam and only handful get a call from IIMs. While applying for CAT 2019, the candidates automatically register for all the IIMs. Check CAT 2019 application form dates from below:
|CAT 2019 Application Form||Date|
|Commencement of registration for IIM CAT 2019||07 Aug 2019|
|Last date to register and pay fees||18 Sep 2019|
|Form correction||to be announced!|
Application Fee of CAT 2019
It is mandatory for the candidates to pay the application fee of CAT 2019. The amount of application fee is as follows:
- Rs. 950 – SC, ST, PwD Category Candidates.
- Rs. 1900 – Rest of the Category Candidates.
Below are the mode of payments and the extra service charge the candidates have to pay as per the mode is chosen:
|Mode of payment||Transaction Processing Fees|
|Credit Card (Visa / Master)||1.2% of the value of the transaction|
|Credit Card (Amex / Diners Club)||2.85% of the value of the transaction|
|Debit Card (Visa / Master / RuPay)||0.75% of the value of the transaction for an amount up to Rs 2000 and 1.00% for value more than RS. 2000|
|ATM – Cum Debit Card||0.75% of the value of the transaction for an amount up to Rs 2000 and 1.00% for value more than RS. 2000|
|Net Banking||Rs 18 per transaction for HDFC, ICICI, AXIS, and SBI Rs.15 per transaction for rest of the banks|
|Cash Card and Wallet||1.75% of the value of the transaction|
Documents Needed While Applying for CAT 2019
Certain documents and things that candidates need while filling the application form of CAT 2019 are as follows:
- E-mail id and phone number. (better if it is yours own).
- Class 10 and 12 certificates. (to enter details)
- Graduation degree. (to enter details)
- Master’s degree. (to enter details)
- Other professional details.
- Passport size photograph. (to be uploaded)
- Scanned copy of signature. (to be uploaded)
- Scanned copy of EWS/NC-OBC/SC/ST/PwD certificate. (is to be uploaded)
Candidates should note that in CAT examination is a specific format for EWS/NC-OBC/SC/ST/PwD certificate. You have to download the form, fill it, and upload it with the application form. You can download EWS/NC-OBC/SC/ST/PwD certificate from below:
– NC-OBC Certificate
– SC / ST Certificate
– EWS Certificate
– Disability Certificate (PwD) – Form – V
– Disability Certificate (PwD) – Form – VI
– Disability Certificate (PwD) – Form – VII
Candidates seeking scribe facility also need to submit scribe affidavit, in the prescribed format.
Image Specification for CAT 2019 Application Form
IIM-K has clearly stated that the specification of the scanned images should be as follows:
The candidates can check the specifications of the images below:
|Photograph||30 mm x 45mm|
less than 80kb
|Signature||80 mm x 35mm|
less than 80kb
|Any certificate – caste/PWD||JPG/JPEG|
less than 80kb
The correct way to click the photo for uploading in the CAT 2019 Application Form is shown via the images below:
How To Fill The CAT 2019 Application Form
Basically, the candidates have to complete the entire application process in 3 steps. These includes:
1st Step: Registration
2nd Step: Filling the application form and uploading images
3rd Step: Payment of the application fee
Below a detailed explanation of all the above stages is given for the candidates to complete the application process in an error-free manner.
Step 1: Registration
- First, the candidates have to access the direct link to get to the registration link. The link is available on this page throughout the registration window is open.
- Click on the link and you can see a screen next with the below window. Click on the button that says “Registration for new user”.
- In doing o in the next window, a pop up appears in which the candidates can check the recommended browsers, as shown in the image below. Read the same and click on the ‘close’ button to continue.
- In doing so the candidates can check the next window that has the important instructions and the registration form. Read the instructions and proceed to fill the registration details:
- The candidates have to register using the details that are
Date of birth
- Next, click on Generate OTP to get an OTP on your mobile number. The candidates have to enter the same OTP sent in their registered email id and mobile number in the space to proceed ahead as shown in the image below:
- Next, the candidates have to click on “I Agree” in the declaration part and then click on the “Submit” button.
- Finally, on submitting the details, you get your CAT 2019 User ID and Password via the email Id and mobile number that you have entered in the registration form. The candidates must keep the user id and password safe as they are needed at the time of checking the CAT Result and other details.
Step 2: Filling the CAT 2019 Application Form
Once the registration is complete the candidates need to proceed with the application form. The steps are given further below.
The candidates have to complete the application form in 5 stages these are:
- Personal Details
- Academic Details
- Work Experience
- Selection of the Programs
Personal Details: The candidates have to enter these details in the application form in this section.
- Name of Father / Husband / Guardian
- Name of Mother
- Gender Along with all these
- Persons with Disability
Upload Documents: The candidates have to upload the scanned images of the following –
- Passport size photograph
- Caste certificate, if applicable
- PWD certificate, if applicable
After uploading them, the candidates have to click on the “save and continue” button, as shown in the image below:
Academics Details: In the Academics section, candidates have to enter the educational details such as details of the following:
- Class SSC/10th: Enter the aggregate marks, total marks, maximum marks, the board of studies, and the year of completion.
- Class HSC/12th: Enter the aggregate marks, total marks, maximum marks, the board of studies, and the year of completion.
- Bachelor’s Degree details: Enter the details in the space provided for that purpose. Details should be entered in accordance with whether you have completed the graduate or pursuing it.
- If in case the candidate has more than one Bachelor’s degree (BCom + LLB or BE + BPharm) then the candidate has to select the box mentioning “Click here if you have more than one Bachelor’s Degree” and fill in the details for the other bachelor’s degree.
- If you have a dual degree with both a Bachelor’s and a Master’s (BTech + MTech or BTech + MSc) enter the appropriate details in both the Bachelor’s and Master’s degree sections.
- At last in the Academics section, enter the details of other Professional Degree Details such as CA, ICWA, CS and enter the marks of that degree in the appropriate spaces.
Note: If you have not undergone any Bachelor Degree, then completion of any one of the above professional degrees is mandatory.
Work Experience: The third section is the Work Experience in which candidate have to enter the details related to work experience completed as on July 31, 2019. Enter the details as a Part time/ Project / Internship article ship / pre-graduation in the experience section.
Selection of the program: In the programs section, candidates have to select any number of program names in the section given in the window and then select the interview city for that program. check the image below for reference.
Exam Center City Preference: Candidate can select the cities as per the preference. After the last date of registration, the candidate is allotted one among the 4 preferred cities and either of the two sessions. In the rare case that you cannot be allotted any of the preferred cities, candidates are allotted to a nearby city. After giving the preference click on the save and continue button.
Step 3: Payment of the CAT 2019 Application Fee
The last stage is to make the payment. The candidates can make the payment online only. Select the payment method and make the payment.
The candidates must note that unless they pay the application fee successfully their CAT 2019 application form is not submitted. Therefore ensure that while paying the application fee the transaction is complete and successful.
Details To Be Filled In The CAT 2019 Application Form
In the CAT application form 2019, the candidates have to submit the following details:
- Name of Father / Husband / Guardian
- Name of Mother
- Gender Along with all these
- Persons with Disability
- Temporary Address
- Permanent Address
Emergency Contact Details
- Contact Details
- Class 10 aggregate marks, total marks, maximum marks, the board of studies, and the year of completion.
- Class 12 aggregate marks, total marks, maximum marks, the board of studies, and the year of completion.
- Bachelors degree details.
- Work Experience Detail.
Work Experience Details
- Enter your experience in completed months as on July 31, 2019. (Only full time experience is to be added)
- Here, candidates have to select course choice in IIMs. (Submit in order of priority).
- CAT 2019 is being held in 156 cities and in the application form you can enter 4 choices. (Enter in order of priority).
CAT 2019 Registration Guide
To be able to check the CAT 2019 registration process and the interface of the same, the candidates can check the PDF file of the CAT Registration Guide as uploaded by IIM K.
CAT 2019 Application Form Correction
The application form correction facility may or may not be provided. Last time, IIM only allowed candidates correction in the photograph and signature. Hence, candidates should not rely on correction window. Instead ensure that the form is submitted correctly in the first go. The correction in the photograph and signature will be provided, as it is the major cause of rejection in the application from.
CAT 2019 Test Centers
The candidates have to enter 4 exam center choice in their application form. Therefore below is the table that shows the name of cities where the CAT 2019 Exam is to be held:
|State / Union Territory||City|
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||Port Blair|
|Andhra Pradesh||Guntur |
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu|
Dharwad Hubballi (Hubli)
Past year trends of CAT Registrations
Here is the number of registration received in CAT over the period of years:
|Year||No. of Application|
CAT 2019 Eligibility
The candidates must know whether or not they are eligible to apply for the CAT 2019 exam. If they find themselves to be eligible then they can go ahead to fill the application form. The eligibility criteria of CAT 2019 is as follows:
You should have completed Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University or should possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
Qualifying Percentage needed:
- You must have obtained at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% in case of SC/ST/ PWD candidates) in degree examination.
- Or you are appearing the final year of the degree examination.
CAT 2019 Admit Card
The candidates who register successfully for CAT 2019 are issued the admit card online to appear in the exam. The admit card of CAT 2019 is what allows the candidate to enter the exam center and take the exam. To get the admit card the candidates have to log in using their application number and password. The admit card has details of the exam date, time and venue. No admit card is sent via post, the candidates have to download it at their own responsibility from the official website as and when it releases.
Common Admission Test (CAT) for MBA / PGPM admission is conducted by Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) on a rotational basis. It is a computer-based test. The score of CAT is accepted by 21 IIMs and more than 200 B-Schools. The candidates have to appear for the exam and answer MCQ and TITA (type in the answer) type questions.
In CAT 2019 the questions are asked from Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC), Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR) and Quantitative Ability (QA).
CAT 2019 Registration Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : Some candidates have conveyed that they are unable to move ahead in the registration process as when they fill class 12 percentage it is showing wrong. To this, some users have informed that when they faced the same issue, they were able to proceed by rounding up the class 12th percentage to two decimal places. Try doing the same.
Ans : Yes. Eligibility norms of CAT 2019 state that those who will complete the degree by May 2019 are eligible. However, such a candidate should select Yes to the question “Are you in the final year of Bachelor Degree”.
Ans : You do not need to upload any degree mark sheets while filling up the CAT 2019 application form.
Ans : You cannot edit personal details (Personal details, other personal details, communication address, uploaded documents) and any details in the academic section except percentage marks scored after making payment. If you have made a mistake in these details, you must register again with a new email ID. However, after you submit the application, there will be a limited time window during which can you modify very limited details like the percentage of marks scored, work experience, programs names/interview city centers.
Ans : In case there is no criterion to convert grades into a percentage, then you must ask your institute to provide you the equivalent percentage or scores.
Ans : Yes, you can appear for the exam. However, you must obtain at least 50% during the time of admission.
Ans : No. IIMs themselves randomly allots the test slot.