CAT 2020 Application Form – Candidates can fill Common Admission Test (CAT) application form in the online mode only at iimcat.ac.in. It is released for the students who want to pursue MBA / PGP programmes in any one of the IIMs or in any business school offering admission in management programmes. Only those candidates can do CAT 2020 registration who have completed their Bachelor’s degree with minimum 50% marks. For the submission of CAT application form 2020, the candidates need to first register, login, and then fill the application form, upload the images and pay the application fee. Check more information regarding CAT 2020 application form here such as image specifications, process to apply, details to be entered in the form etc.
CAT 2020 Application Form
Every year almost 2 lakh candidates apply for Common Admission Test (CAT) making it one of the most popular competitive examinations conducted for the students aiming to get admission in Management courses at IIMs. Check the important dates regarding CAT 2020 application form given in the table below.
|Availability of application form||1st week of Aug 2020|
|Last date to register and submit application fee||4th week of Sep 2020|
|Image correction commences from||4th week of Sep 2020|
Apply Online: Candidates can fill CAT 2020 application form as per the schedule at iimcat.ac.in.
CAT 2020 Application Fee
In order to submit CAT 2020 application form, the candidates need to complete the last step of the application process i.e. payment of application fee. Check the amount given below for CAT 2020.
The application fee is as per the last year’s information
|GEN / EWS / OBC – NC||Rs 1900|
|SC / ST / PwD||Rs 950|
Mode of Payment: The candidates can pay CAT 2020 application fee using debit card / credit card / net banking / cah card / e-wallet.
Image Specifications for CAT 2020 Application Form
It is necessary for the all the candidates to upload the images in the application form in the proper format. If the images are not uploaded properly in the form, then, this might lead to rejection of the application form. Check the image specifications for CAT 2020 application form given below.
|Photograph||JPG or JPEG||30 mm x 45 mm||Not more than 80 KB|
|Signature||JPG or JPEG||80 mm x 35 mm||Not more than 80 KB|
|SC / ST / OBC / EBC certificate (if applicable)||NA||NA|
|PwD certificate (if applicable)||NA||NA|
- The images must be clear with a resolution of 150 pixels.
- The photograph must be taken against the white background.
- The photograph must be recent and must not be old than 6 months.
Things to Keep in Mind Before CAT 2020 Registration
There are some important points that the all the candidates are required to keep in mind before CAT 2020 registration. Check the points given below for the same.
- Check your eligibility properly before applying.
- Ensure that you have a valid and active e-mail address and mobile number. Keep in mind that number and e-mail address is active till the completion of CAT admission process.
- Fields marked with * indicates are mandatory to be filled.
Use any one of the given browsers to fill the application form.
– Mozilla Firefox (Version 50 to 61)
– Internet Explorer (Version 11 and above)
– Google Chrome (Version 50 to 69)
Documents Required to Fill CAT Application Form 2020
The documents required to fill CAT application form are given below.
- 10th class mark sheet and certificates
- 12th class mark sheets and certificates
- Scanned image of photograph
- Scanned image of signature
- Pwd certificate (if applicable)
- SC / ST / OBC / EWS certificate (if applicable)
Details to be Entered in CAT 2020 Application Form
The details that have to be entered in CAT 2020 application form are given below.
- Date of birth
- E-mail id
- Mobile number
- Father’s / Husband’s name
- Mother’s name
- Date of birth
- Aaadhar card number
- House number / Street name
- Pin code
- E-mail address
- Primary contact number
Academic Details (10th std, 12th std, Graduation / Post-Graduation)
- Board name
- Passing year
- Maximum marks
- Total marks obtained
Bachelor’s degree / Post-Graduation degree details
- Completed Bachelor’s degree or not
- Total duration of degree
- Type of university
- Name of the college
- Name of the degree
- Year of completion
- Year of course commencement
- Name of the programes and venue for the interview
- 4 Preferences of the test cities
How to Fill CAT 2020 Application Form?
Filling CAT application form, the candidates need to complete 3 stages. The candidates have to first register, fill the application form and upload images and pay the application fee. Check the step-by-step process to fill CAT 2020 application form.
Step 1: Registration
- Click on the link given above.
- Next, click on the ‘register’ button under New Candidates heading.
- Next, read the instructions that opens in the next window that appear after clicking on Click here to register.
- Then, enter your name, date of birth, e-mail id, mobile number etc.
- After entering the details, click on ‘Generate OTP’. Enter the OTP and click on the ‘I Agree’ button.
- After clicking on ‘I Agree’ button, your registration will be completed. Write down the e-mail id and password that is sent at their registered e-mail address and contact number.
Step 2: Fill the Application Form
After the registration is done, proceed with filling the application form. Click on ‘Go to application form’ and then fill the form.
- Start filling the personal details such as name, parent’s name, date of birth, category, aadhar card number etc as shown in the image below.
- Next, enter the communication details such as name of the country, district, state, pin code etc.
- Next, upload the documents such as photograph, signature, caste certificate (if applicable), PwD certificate in the proper format.
- After uploading the documents and images, enter the educational details such as details about class 10th, 12th, bachelor’s degree details, master’s degree details (if any).
- Next, enter the work experience details. Only enter the full-time details after graduation.
- Then, after entering the work experience details, select the programmes and test city name for the interview.
- After selecting the programmes, enter the preferences for the test cities for CAT 2020.
Step 3: Payment of Application Fee
After completing all the above steps, pay the application fee. Select the payment method and pay the application fee.
CAT 2020 Admit Card
Candidates can download their CAT 2020 admit card from the official website by entering the user id and password. It is a necessary document that candidates need to carry positively on the day of examination. On the day of examination, candidates need to carry a valid id proof along with the admit card.
Details Mentioned on CAT Admit Card
- Registration number
- Date of birth
- Reference number
- Pwd Status
- Exam date
- Exam time
- Name and address of the test centre
About CAT 2020
Common Admission Test is a national level entrance test that is conducted by one of the IIMs to offer admission into MBA / PGP courses. CAT is a computer-based test. It consists of multiple-choice questions (MCQs) and Type in the answer type questions (TITA). More than 200+ Business schools offer admission to students in MBA course. It has questions from topics like Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR), Verbal Ability, and Reading Comprehension (VARC), Quantitative Aptitude.
Apart from the computer-based test, the candidates need to appear for Personal Interview (PI), Group Discussion (GD), Written Ability Test (WAT). These 3 constituent parts of the admission process decide the final admission of the candidates.
FAQs for CAT 2020 Application Form
I am in the final year of Graduation and my results have not been announced yet, am I eligible to fill CAT 2020 application form?
Yes, you are eligible to fill the application form for CAT 2020.
Can I pay the application fee for CAT through offline mode?
No, the candidates can pay the application fee using the online payment gateways only such as debit card / credit card / net banking.
I have made a mistake while filling CAT application form. Can I edit it after its submission?
No, the candidates cannot edit CAT application form once the payment of fee has been done. However, till the time payment is not done and there is still days left for the application process to end, then, you can do the correction in the application form and save the details.
How will I get to know that my CAT application form has been submitted?
After completing all the steps and doing the payment, the registered candidates will receive a confirmation mail stating the successful submission of the application form on their registered contact number and e-mail address.
Can I fill CAT 2020 application form through the offline mode?
No, the candidates can fill CAT 2020 application form only through the online mode.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.