CAT 2020 Application Form – Last date to submit CAT application form is September 23, 2020. Those eligible candidates scored more than 50% marks in Graduation can apply for the exam. To apply for the Common Admission Test, candidates need to register, login, fill details in the application form, upload images, and pay the application fees. The amount of CAT application fee is Rs. 2000 for the GEN / EWS / OBC – NC candidates and Rs. 1000 for the SC / ST / PwD candidates. IIM-I will conduct the exam on November 20, 2020. Know how to apply for CAT 2020, details to be entered in it, fees, and more information from this page.
CAT 2020 Application Form
CAT 2020 application form must be filled very carefully. The form correction facility is not provided once the forms are submitted. The only correction facility provided after the submission of the form is editing of the photo and signature uploaded in the form. The important dates for to fill and complete CAT 2020 registration is given below:
|CAT 2020 Registration Starts On||05 Aug 2020 (10 am)|
|Registration Last Date|
|Image correction facility||to be announced|
Apply Online: Click here to fill and submit CAT 202 application form. (over)
- Click here to download CAT 2020 registration guide.
Also application form for IBSAT 2020 released – Apply Here
CAT 2020 Application Form Last Date
The last date to apply for CAT is September 23, 2020.
CAT 2020 Application Fee
CAT 2020 application fee must be submitted in order to complete the application process. The application fee can be paid in online mode only and it differs as per the category of the candidate.
The application fee of CAT, as per last year is as follows:
|GEN / EWS / OBC – NC||Rs 2000|
|SC / ST / PwD||Rs 1000|
Mode of payment:
- Debit card, or
- Credit card, or
- Net banking, or
- Cash card, or
Before Starting with CAT 2020 Application Form, Here is What to Do!
The candidates have to be ready with some important things and follow some instructions before starting the registration and form filling, here they are:
Check the eligibility: make sure you are eligible to apply for CAT 2020. If not, the candidature form shall be later cancelled as it is verified during admissions. Read CAT 2020 eligibility
Be ready with valid email Id and active mobile number: During registration, the mobile number and email address provided by the candidates are verified through an OTP sent to that mobile number and email address. Once the OTP is verified, the User ID and the Password for filling the application form is generated and sent to the candidates.
Gather all information: Make sure to be ready with all the information that is needed to fill the application form. There are 6 sections in the form that has to be filled these are Personal Details, Academic Qualifications, Work Experience, Programmes, Test City, and Payment. All these information must be gathered in advance.
Scanned images: Scanned images of your passport size photo and signature are required for uploading. Thus keep them ready.
Use any one of the given browsers to fill the application form.
Mozilla Firefox (Version 50 to 61), or
Internet Explorer (Version 11 and above), or
Google Chrome (Version 50 to 69)
Documents Required to Fill CAT Application Form 2020
The documents required to fill CAT 2020 application form are given below.
- 10th class mark sheet and certificates, for reference
- 12th class mark sheets and certificates, for reference
- Scanned image of photograph, to upload in the form
- Scanned image of signature, to upload in the form
- Pwd certificate (if applicable), to upload in the form
- SC / ST / OBC / EWS certificate (if applicable), to upload in the form
Image Specifications for CAT 2020 Application Form
The candidates have to upload the images in CAT 2020 application form as per the specifications allowed. The same is given in the table below:
|Photograph||JPG or JPEG||30 mm x 45 mm||upto 1 MB|
|Signature||JPG or JPEG||80 mm x 35 mm||upto 80 KB|
|SC / ST / OBC / EBC certificate (if applicable)||NA||NA|
|PwD certificate (if applicable)||NA||NA|
- Please upload your recent passport size photograph.
- The photograph should not be more than 6 months old.
- The photo-print should be clear and with a continuous-tone quality. It should have a white/offwhite background, full face, neck and shoulders, front view, eyes open.
- Please upload the same photograph, that you shall be affix on the admit card on the day of the test.
- Ensure that the photograph is scanned properly using a scanner only.
- Please do not use mobile phone or other mobile applications to scan your photograph.
The sample of acceptable and non-acceptable images are as follows:
How to Fill CAT 2020 Application Form?
Filling CAT application form, the candidates need to complete 3 stages. The candidates have to first register, fill the application form and upload images, and pay the application fee. Check the step-by-step process to fill CAT 2020 application form.
Step 1: Registration
- Click on the link given above.
- Next, click on the ‘register’ button under New Candidates heading.
- Next, read the instructions that opens in the next window that appear after clicking on Click here to register.
- Then, enter your name, date of birth, e-mail id, mobile number etc.
Make sure to enter the name exactly as it appears in the class 10th certificate.
- After entering the details, click on ‘Generate OTP’.
- Enter the captcha next and then the OTP is sent o the mobile number and email id for verification, as shown below:
- Enter the OTP and click on the ‘Validate OTP’ button.
The OTP is only applicable to validate the Indian mobile numbers.
- After clicking on the ‘I Agree’ and ‘Submit’ button, your registration is completed. Write down the User id and password that is sent at their registered e-mail address and contact number. These details have to be used each time to login to CAT 2020 portal.
The registration is successful when the candidates receive the User Id and password on their registered mobile number and email ids.
Step 2: Fill the Application Form
After the registration is done, proceed with filling the application form. Click on ‘Go to application form’ and then fill the form.
- Start filling the personal details such as name, parent’s name, date of birth, category, aadhar card number etc as shown in the image below.
- Next, enter the communication details such as name of the country, district, state, pin code etc.
- Next, upload the documents such as photograph, signature, caste certificate (if applicable), PwD certificate in the proper format.
- After uploading the documents and images, enter the educational details such as details about class 10th, 12th, bachelor’s degree details, master’s degree details (if any).
- Next, enter the work experience details. Only enter the full-time details after graduation.
- Then, after entering the work experience details, select the programmes and test city name for the interview.
- After selecting the programmes, enter the preferences for the test cities for CAT 2020. The candidates can select 6 centres in order of preference.
Step 4: Payment of Application Fee
After completing all the above steps, pay the application fee. Select the payment method and pay the application fee.
Details to be Entered in CAT 2020 Application Form
The details that have to be entered in CAT 2020 application form are given below.
- Date of birth
- E-mail id
- Mobile number
- Father’s / Husband’s name
- Mother’s name
- Date of birth
- Aaadhar card number
- House number / Street name
- Pin code
- E-mail address
- Primary contact number
Academic Details (10th std, 12th std, Graduation / Post-Graduation)
- Board name
- Passing year
- Maximum marks
- Total marks obtained
Bachelor’s degree / Post-Graduation degree details
- Completed Bachelor’s degree or not
- Total duration of degree
- Type of university
- Name of the college
- Name of the degree
- Year of completion
- Year of course commencement
- Name of the programes and venue for the interview
- 4 Preferences of the test cities
CAT 2020 Application Form Correction
Note that the chance to correct the details in the CAT 2020 application form is not provided. However, the candidates are allowed to make changes in the uploaded scanned images if needed even after submission. Before the last to register candidates can make changes in the details as many times as possible. However, after the deadline, the facility to correct any details in the form is not given.
If candidates make a mistake in these details, they must register again with a new email ID before the last date. However, if any correction is needed in the details entered in the application form then candidates can try contacting to CAT helpdesk at [email protected]
CAT 2020 Admit Card
Candidates can download their CAT 2020 admit card from the official website by entering the user id and password. It is a necessary document that candidates need to carry positively on the day of examination. On the day of the examination, candidates need to carry a valid id proof along with the admit card.
On the admit card of CAT 2020 candidates gave to paste the exact photo that they upload on the application form. Via the admit card the exam centre is allotted. The 6 preferences that the candidates given in the application form for exam centres is used for allotment of the centres.
Details Mentioned on CAT Admit Card
- Registration number
- Date of birth
- Reference number
- Pwd Status
- Exam date
- Exam time
- Name and address of the test centre
About CAT 2020
Common Admission Test is a national level entrance test that is conducted by one of the IIMs to offer admission into MBA / PGP courses. CAT is a computer-based test. It consists of multiple-choice questions (MCQs) and Type in the answer type questions (TITA). More than 200+ Business schools offer admission to students in MBA course. It has questions from topics like Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR), Verbal Ability, and Reading Comprehension (VARC), Quantitative Aptitude.
Apart from the computer-based test, the candidates need to appear for Personal Interview (PI), Group Discussion (GD), Written Ability Test (WAT). These 3 constituent parts of the admission process decide the final admission of the candidates.
FAQs for CAT 2020 Application Form
I am in the final year of Graduation and my results have not been announced yet, am I eligible to fill CAT 2020 application form?
Can I pay the application fee for CAT through offline mode?
I have made a mistake while filling CAT application form. Can I edit it after its submission?
How will I get to know that my CAT application form has been submitted?
Can I fill CAT 2020 application form through the offline mode?
Official website: iimcat.ac.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.