CCRT Scholarship 2018: Maximum 650 new scholarships will be awarded every year, subject to availability of funds. As the new scholarships to be awarded are limited in number proportionate to large number of art forms practiced in our country and that also subject to availability of funds, therefore, all the eligible applications will be scrutinized by the Central Selection Committee and then, only the shortlisted candidates will be informed about the interview/test dates, timings, and venue by post only, which may be held during the months of May-August, 2018 at regional level. Gurus/Parents are requested to ensure that their wards possess minimum (03) years of training and a certain level of proficiency in the field while applying except in Creative Writing/Literary Arts. If needed, then the application form may be photocopied or downloaded from CCRT’s website http://www.ccrtindia.gov.in.
CCRT Scholarship 2018
CCRT has released the application form for the scholarship program. The candidate must reach CCRT, New Delhi on or before January 31, 2018, with the completely filled application form along with the photograph of the child, relevant documents and their specimens of the latest original artwork. The candidates can download the application form from the link given below.
|Availability of Application Form||21 Dec 2017|
|Last Date To Apply||31 Jan 2018|
CCRT Scholarship Application Forms 2018
Application for the scholarship should be submitted by the parents/guardians in the prescribed form in one art form only, after getting necessary recommendations from school/ institution and guru/teacher, where the applicant is studying and receiving training respectively, directly to the CCRT, New Delhi by January 31, 2018. The CCRT may take the help of Central Board of Secondary Education, Education Boards of State Govts. and other Non-Governmental Voluntary Organizations in identifying the talented students in the various fields.
Apply Now: Click Here to apply for CCRT Scholarship 2018.
official Website: www.ccrtindia.gov.in
Instructions to the Parents/Gurus to Fill Up CCRT Scholarship Form 2018
- The Cultural Talent Search Scholarship Scheme is implemented at the national level. There are hundreds of art forms practiced in our country. Since the number of scholarships available is limited, only exceptionally talented and outstanding students need to apply.
- Children whose date of birth is in between 01.07.2004 and 30.06.2008 (both days inclusive) are eligible to apply for the award of scholarships for the year 2018-19. Please ensure before filling the form that your child is born on either of these dates or in between these dates.
- Minimum three (03) years’ training in the art form in which scholarship is being applied, either with a guru or in an institution is essential, for the same, Guru/teacher must fill up the details regarding the duration, training details and his/her profile/bio-data on the last page of the application form. However, the children applying in the field of Creative Writing/Literary Arts are not required to submit these details compulsorily.
- As this is a national level scholarship, the Gurus/Teachers/Parents must ensure that the applicants possess a certain level of proficiency in the field while applying. Only three (03) students of a Guru/Teacher/Institution will be considered for award of scholarships at a time. If more than one Guru/teacher is working in the same Institution, then also only three (03) applications of that Institution will be considered for award of scholarship(s). Therefore, in all such cases, if more than three (03) application(s) are received, then all of them would be rejected straight away, on the basis of their receipt date(s).
- The applicant must apply only in the art form, because only once and one scholarship could be availed under the scheme. All applications of those, who apply in more than one art form would be rejected straight away.
- Applicants applying under the Tribal Culture/Scheduled Tribe (ST) category, must attach the self-attested photocopy of their valid Scheduled Tribe (ST) certificate, issued by any competent authority.
- Applicants applying under the Differently Abled Children category must attach the self-attested photocopy of their Disability Certificate, issued by any competent authority.
- Applicants applying under the Traditional Artists Family (TAF) category, must attach a duly signed brief write-up on a separate sheet of paper giving complete details of minimum three (03) generations and their contribution to the art form.
- Applicants applying in the field of Creative Writing/Literary Arts must attach the three (03) specimens of their latest original work (such as poems, stories, prose, play and essay etc.) duly attested by the Principal/Headmaster of their respective schools. These compositions of the candidates may be in any language recognized by the Constitution of India in its eighth schedule including English.
- Applicants applying for Painting must attach three (03) specimens of their latest original artwork and those in Crafts, Sculpture etc. should attach three (03) photographs of their latest original art objects, duly certified by their Guru/Teacher on the backside or on a plain paper separately, that these are the artwork made by the applicant only and not aided by them.
- Incomplete and applications in old formats/forms and those without required documents art specimens will be rejected straight away and will not be placed in front of Central Selection Committee.
- Those who are already receiving any type of scholarship from CCRT or any other institution(s) must not apply again either for a new scholarship or for extension of the old CCRT Scholarship.
- A scholarship holder shall not receive any scholarship/stipend from any other Institutions in case he/ she is selected for CTSS Scheme.
- The last date for submission of complete and duly filled application form in the CCRT, New Delhi is January 31, 2018. CCRT shall not be responsible for any postal delay/non-receipt of application due to some other reason( s) in its office and the applications received after the last date i.e. January 31, 2018, will not be considered.
- Only those applicants, whose names are shortlisted by Central Selection Committee, will be informed about the date, timing, and venue of the interview/test by post which may be held during the months of May 2018 onwards at Regional Level. It will not be possible for the CCRT to inform/correspond with the applicants, rejected by the Committee.
For the shortlisting of candidates to be called for Interview/Test, the CCRT will constitute a Central Selection Committee, whose decision shall be final. Only the shortlisted candidates will be informed by post only about the dates, timings, and venue of the Interview/Test which may be conducted at a Regional level during the months of May 2018 onwards. The children appearing for the Interviews/Tests for the award of new scholarships will be assessed/evaluated on the scale of 1(one) to 10(ten) marks by each Expert Committee Member and children will be recommended for scholarship(s) on the basis of total marks obtained by them, strictly in order of ‘Merit’, subject to availability of numbers of scholarships, for that year.
Centre for Cultural Resources and Training Cultural Talent Search Scholarship Scheme
The object of the scheme is to provide facilities to outstanding talented children selected in the age group of 10 to 14 years (as per the cut off eligibility dates), studying either in recognized schools or belonging to families practicing traditional performing arts for getting specialized training in various cultural fields such as traditional forms of music, dance, drama, painting, sculpture, crafts and literary arts, laying special emphasis on rare art forms, which are in the process of becoming extinct.
Nature of Scholarship
Subject to availability of funds, the total number of fresh scholarships to be awarded every year will be 650, of which 100 scholarships are marked for Tribal Culture/Scheduled Tribe children (those who possess a valid ‘ST’ certificate issued by competent authority), 125 are reserved for children of families practicing traditional arts, etc. (TAF- which are continuously practicing art form(s) for the minimum previous 03 generations), 20 for differently a bled children (having valid disability certificate) and 30 in the field of Creative Writing/Literary Arts (for those who have evidences of their original work). The remaining 375 scholarships will be treated as general scholarships.
The talented children in the age group of 10 to 14 years (as per the cut off eligibility dates), studying in the recognized schools will be eligible to apply under the Scheme.
The children whose parent’s/guardian’s total monthly income is less than Rs. 8000/- only (Rs. Eight Thousand Only) per month will be given preference for the award of scholarship. However, the criteria of talent and potential will be taken into consideration for all the candidates.
The Scholarship awarded under the scheme will be initially for two years at a time and is renewable after every two years till the completion of the first university degree stage of education or up to the age of 20 years, whichever is earlier, subject to the awardee maintaining satisfactory progress. However, if the Half-Yearly Progress Reports are not submitted in time regularly, then the decision regarding discontinuation can be taken anytime without prior notice, as and when required.
The payment of scholarship will start from the date which may be specified by the Centre or from the date on which the admission is obtained in the approved course in an Institution or with the approved Guru, whichever is later.
Value of Scholarship
- The value of scholarship will be Rs 3600/- (Rupees Three Thousand Six Hundred Only) per year.
- The actual fee paid for the specialized training to the Institution or to the guru/teacher shall be reimbursed to the scholarship holder in addition to the value of scholarship indicated under/above, subject to a ceiling of Rs. 9000/- (Rupees Nine Thousand only) per year.
All payments of the scholarship shall be made in the bank account of authorized parent/guardian of scholarship holders, who shall be responsible to pay the approved tuition fee to the guru/teacher and send the duly signed by him and Guru / Teacher also.
CCRT Scholarship Result 2018
After filling up the application form, the candidates will be shortlisted. These candidates will go for the interview/Test. After the interview, the candidates will be shortlisted for scholarship according to the marks they get. So CCRT Scholarship Result 2018 will be announced after the Test /Interview.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.