CDS MA Economics Admission 2020 – The last date to submit applications has been extended till May 10, 2020. Centre for Development Studies Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala invites applications for the students to take admission for its MA program in Applied Economics for the year 2020-2021. The entrance examination has been postponed until the next orders. The institute provides admission to the Indian nationals students as well as students from SAARC countries. For which the specification of seats is, twenty seats for the Indian students and five seats are for the foreign students. The degree is awarded by Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. Interested candidates can read this article regarding the CDS MA Economics Admission 2020 from below.
Latest: The last date to submit the application form for MA Economics Programme 2020 has been extended up to May 10, 2020. The examination date has also been postponed until the next orders.
MA Economics Admission 2020
The institute offers admissions in MA Economics to the students who are able to clear the entrance test. Students are required to look for the eligibility criteria, which is given below. Once they know they are eligible they can apply for the test by filling the application form.
|Last date for the application form|
|Result||To be Announced|
MA Economics Admission 2020 Application Form
Candidates interested in the course can apply by filling up the application form which is released by the exam conducting body. They have provided two separate Application forms for the Indian and SAARC candidates. The instructions to fill the form are given in the form itself, students are suggested to read it properly and fill the form before it hits the last date. The link to download the application forms will be provided below after the release of the same.
Application Fee: Application Fee of Rs. 500, in the form of a DD drawn from State Bank of India (SBI) only in favour of the Centre for Development Studies, payable at Thiruvananthapuram (SBI Thiruvananthapuram Medical College Branch Code – 070029). The application fee is non-refundable. Candidates belonging to SC, ST and PWD (with ≥ 40% disability) are exempted from payment of the application fee.
Note: Duly filled application form along with self-attested copies of the above documents should be sent to the following address:
Academic Programme Office
Centre for Development Studies
Ulloor, Medical College P.O.,
Thiruvananthapuram – 695011,
How to apply for the CDS MA Economics Admission
For Indian Candidates:
Candidates have to submit the completed filled application form along with the Hall ticket in the prescribed Format. Below mentioned documents have to be submitted by the candidates with the form.
- Copies of mark-sheets for Bachelor’s degree (latest available).
- Age Proof- SSLC Certificate or any other relevant document.
- Candidates belonging to the following categories should submit self-attested copies of latest relevant certificates issued from competent authorities.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST: Caste certificate.
- Candidates belonging to OBC (non-creamy layer): OBC (non-creamy layer) certificate.
- Candidates with disability (PWD) (with ≥ 40% disability): PWD certificate.
- Candidates working in Government Departments and Public sector undertakings must forward their application through proper channel along with a no objection certificate from the competent authority. However, an advance copy may be submitted, if they expect procedural delays.
For SAARC Candidates
Candidates can take the application form from the link given above and have to email the duly signed form along with the documents on the email address – email@example.com. as an attachment with MA-SAARC.
MA Economics Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria is broadly classified for the two types of admission. One for the Indian students and the other for the SAARC students.
For Indian students
- A bachelor’s degree in any discipline under 10+2+3 pattern, with at least 50 percentage of marks.
- Candidates from SC, ST & Persons with Disability (PWD) (with ≥40% disability) are eligible irrespective of percentage of marks secured in the qualifying degree.
- Those who are appearing for their final examination may also apply. Such candidates, if selected, shall be allowed to join the programme only if they have secured the minimum prescribed percentage of marks in their qualifying examination at the time of registration to the programme. They should also submit the final mark sheets of the qualifying examination at the time of registration.
For SAARC students
- The candidate must have a Bachelor’s/undergraduate degree (three year programme) with English as the medium of instruction and the three year undergraduate programme must be equivalent to an undergraduate programme of an Indian university.
- All certificates provided by the candidate must be Apostille certified before joining the program.
MA Economics Admission 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates will be tested for their analytical ability and aptitude to undergo the programme. They are expected to be familiar with the course content of a standard Economics programme taught at the undergraduate level. They are also expected to be aware of current national and international economic issues of importance. It is important to note that the questions in the entrance examination need not be excluded from the suggested textbook or reference book.
- Microeconomics: (Consumer behaviour Utility maximization and Demand, Theories of production and cost, Choice under uncertainty, Perfect Competition and Monopoly, Basic models of Oligopoly and Cournot, Bertrand and Stackelberg
- Macroeconomics: (National Income accounting, Simple Keynesian model, ISLM model, Solow growth model, Theories of money demand and money supply, and Consumption and Investment)
- Mathematics: (Algebra, Matrix Algebra, and Calculus)
- Statistics: (Probability Theory, Descriptive Statistics, Sampling, Theoretical and Sampling Distributions, and Statistical Inference)
- Indian Economy: In this topic various issues in the contemporary Indian economy will be covered and suggested references include last two years’ Economic Survey published by the Ministry of Finance, Government of India and Reserve Bank of India Bulletin and Annual Report along with other publications.
A total number of multiple choice objective question in entrance test 100 questions. There will be negative marking for incorrect answers. Each correct answer will carry three marks and each incorrect -1 marks. The duration of the entrance examination is two hours and maximum marks will be 300. Though the pattern of examination is different in this year, prospective candidates may find question papers of the previous years on our website.
Minimum marks requirements:
Following are the minimum marks requirement to be eligible for selection.
- General Category Candidates: 40%
- OBC NCL Category Candidates: 36%
- SC/ST/PWD Category Candidates: 25%
MA Economics Admission 2020 Admit Card
Admit card/ hall ticket for the Indian students is attached in the application form itself. Students are advised to fill and send the hall ticket along with the application form. Admit card will be sent to the eligible candidates by registered post/speed post in the first week of May to the ‘Communication Address’ given by the applicant. Students are requested to keep in touch with the official website for the information regarding the hall ticket.
MA Economics Admission 2020 Test Centres
CDS MA Economics entrance test 12.00 at the various test centres in Bardhaman (West Bengal), Guwahati, Hyderabad Kozhikode, New Delhi, Pune & Thiruvananthapuram. No TA/DA will be provided for attending the Entrance examination. The candidates are advised to make their own arrangements for travel and lodging to attend the examination.
MA Economics Admission 2020 Admission Procedure
Similar to the Application form, there are two distinct admission procedures for Indian Candidates and SAARC candidates too.
For Indian Candidates
Admission is based on an entrance test at (West Bengal), Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kozhikode, New Delhi, Pune & Thiruvananthapuram. No TA/DA will be provided for attending the Entrance Test. The candidates are advised to make their own arrangements for travel and lodging to attend the Entrance Test.
For SAARC candidates
Separate application form is available for students from SAARC countries, which can be downloaded from our website: .cds.edu. Scanned copy of the filled up and signed application form should be send to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment with “MA-SAARC” on the subject line. Short listed applicants will be interviewed over Skype or telephone. The candidates should also keep scanned copies of their mark list/grades sheets for later detailed verification before Skype/telephonic interview. Applicants will be informed of the date and time of interview well in advance.
MA Economics Admission 2020 Answer Key
The Answer Key of MA Economics 2020 will be made available on the official website of the governing authority which is cds.edu. Candidates can estimate their scores by using the Answer Key. In order to check the same candidates can use the link that will be provided below.
MA Economics Admission 2020 Result
MA Economics 2020 entrance exam result will be declared by the conducting body. Students are suggested to keep an eye over the announcement of the result by staying in touch with the official website. Candidates can able to check the result through the direct link which will be provided below.
MA Economics Admission 2020 Reservation
Statutory reservation for Indian candidates belonging to SC, ST, OBC (NCL) & Persons with Disability (PWD) (≥ 40% disability) as per Govt. of India rules is provided. Reservation is applicable to only 20 seats earmarked for Indian students.
Official Website – cds.edu
For more details regarding the CDS MA Economics Admission 2020, Download Information Brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.