CDS MA Economics Admission 2021 – Centre for Development Studies Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala has released the list of candidates shortlisted for the online interview. The institute provides admission to the Indian nationals students as well as students from SAARC countries. For which the specification of seats is, twenty five seats for the Indian students . The degree is awarded by Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. Interested candidates can read this article regarding the CDS MA Economics Admission 2021 from below.
Latest: Candidates shortlisted for the online interview for MA Economics Programme 2021 has been released now. Scroll down to check it.
CDS MA Economics Admission 2021
The institute offers admissions in MA Economics to the students who are able to clear the entrance test. Students are required to look for the eligibility criteria, which is given below. Once they know they are eligible they can apply for the test by filling the application form.
|Last date to submit online application form||30 May 2021|
|Interview Shortlist Announcement||15 Jun 2021|
|Date of Online Interviews||21 Jun 2021 – 25 Jun 2021|
|Selection List & Wait list Announcement||30 Jun 2021|
|Commencement of Programme||26 Jul 2021|
Check Shortlisted for the online interview: Click here to check the Revised Shorlisted candidate’s list for the interview.
CDS MA Economics Admission 2021 Application Form
Candidates interested in the course can apply by filling up the application form which is released by the exam conducting body. They have provided online Application forms for the Indian candidates. The instructions to fill the form are given in the form itself, students are suggested to read it properly and fill the form before it hits the last date. The link to download the guidelines of how to fill application forms will be provided below after the release of the same.
Per semester tuition fee for the MA Programme is Rs.8000 (Rs. 2000 for students belonging to SC/ST category). Differently abled MA students will be charged only 25% of general tuition fee, provided that their annual family income does not exceed Rs. 2.5 lakh. There is also one-time JNU Registration/Enrolment fee of Rs.6115 and miscellaneous charges of Rs.500
How to apply for the CDS MA Economics Admission 2021
Candidates are required to apply online through the online application portal available in the website: http://www.cds.edu. It is the responsibility of the candidates to ensure that all the relevant details are correctly entered. Application Fee is Rs.500 and it is non-refundable. There is no application fee for candidates belonging to SC, ST/eligible PWD (with ≥40% disability) categories. The veracity of these details will be checked later and the candidates should be able to submit the relevant documents during that time. Applications that are found to be incomplete or contain incorrect information will be rejected without any notice.
CDS MA Economics Admission 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria is broadly classified for the two types of admission. One for the Indian students and the other for the SAARC students.
For Indian students
- A bachelor’s degree in any discipline with at least 50 percent of marks.
- Candidates from SC, ST and Persons with Disability (PWD) are eligible to apply irrespective of percentage of marks secured in the qualifying degree.
- Those who are appearing for their final examination may also apply. Such candidates, if selected, shall be allowed to join the programme only if they have secured the minimum prescribed percentage of marks in their qualifying examination at the time of registration to the programme. They should also submit the final mark sheets of the qualifying examination at the time of registration.
For SAARC students
- The candidate must have a Bachelor’s/undergraduate degree (three year programme) with English as the medium of instruction and the three year undergraduate programme must be equivalent to an undergraduate programme of an Indian university.
- All certificates provided by the candidate must be Apostille certified before joining the programme.
CDS MA Economics Admission 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates will be tested for their analytical ability and aptitude to undergo the programme. They are expected to be familiar with the course content of a standard Economics programme taught at the undergraduate level. They are also expected to be aware of current national and international economic issues of importance. It is important to note that the questions in the entrance examination need not be excluded from the suggested textbook or reference book.
- Microeconomics: (Consumer behaviour Utility maximization and Demand, Theories of production and cost, Choice under uncertainty, Perfect Competition and Monopoly, Basic models of Oligopoly and Cournot, Bertrand and Stackelberg
- Macroeconomics: (National Income accounting, Simple Keynesian model, ISLM model, Solow growth model, Theories of money demand and money supply, and Consumption and Investment)
- Mathematics: (Algebra, Matrix Algebra, and Calculus)
- Statistics: (Probability Theory, Descriptive Statistics, Sampling, Theoretical and Sampling Distributions, and Statistical Inference)
- Indian Economy: In this topic various issues in the contemporary Indian economy will be covered and suggested references include last two years’ Economic Survey published by the Ministry of Finance, Government of India and Reserve Bank of India Bulletin and Annual Report along with other publications.
A total number of multiple choice objective question in entrance test 100 questions. There will be negative marking for incorrect answers. Each correct answer will carry three marks and each incorrect -1 marks. The duration of the entrance examination is two hours and maximum marks will be 300. Though the pattern of examination is different in this year, prospective candidates may find question papers of the previous years on our website.
Minimum marks requirements:
Following are the minimum marks requirement to be eligible for selection.
- General Category Candidates: 40%
- OBC NCL Category Candidates: 36%
- SC/ST/PWD Category Candidates: 25%
CDS MA Economics Admission 2021 Admit Card
Admit card/ hall ticket for the Indian students is attached in the application form itself. Students are advised to fill and send the hall ticket along with the application form. Admit card will be sent to the eligible candidates by registered post/speed post in the first week of May to the ‘Communication Address’ given by the applicant. Students are requested to keep in touch with the official website for the information regarding the hall ticket.
CDS MA Economics Admission 2021 Test Centres
CDS MA Economics entrance test 12.00 at the various test centres in Bardhaman (West Bengal), Guwahati, Hyderabad Kozhikode, New Delhi, Pune & Thiruvananthapuram. No TA/DA will be provided for attending the Entrance examination. The candidates are advised to make their own arrangements for travel and lodging to attend the examination.
CDS MA Economics Admission 2021 Admission Procedure
Indian students and students from SAARC countries have separate admission procedures. The details are given below.
For Indian Candidates
Admission process for this year’s MA programme consists of two stages.
- In the first stage, candidates will be short listed for an online interview on the basis of their adjusted marks obtained in Bachelor’s Degree. Marks in the Bachelor Degree are the total marks obtained by the applicant in all the subjects including languages and subsidiary subjects, if any.
- The adjustment of the scores will be done using the following formula: SAdjusted=(SActual-), where SActual is the score obtained by the candidate in Bachelor Degree and is the average Bachelor Degree score among the applicants who are studying/studied in the same University as the candidate. While filling out the column on University where the candidate will be obtaining the Bachelor’s degree, the applicants have to provide the fullname of the University and not any short forms.
- In the second stage, shortlisted candidates will be called for an online interview and final selection will be done solely on the basis of the interview. Interviews will be conducted in the first or second week of June 2021.
- Those candidates whose final degree results are yet to be declared, need to give the percentage marks for the available semesters as on March 31,2021.
For SAARC candidates
There is no application fee for candidates from SAARC countries. Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed online.
CDS MA Economics Admission 2021 Answer Key
The Answer Key of MA Economics 2021 will be made available on the official website of the governing authority which is cds.edu. Candidates can estimate their scores by using the Answer Key. In order to check the same candidates can use the link that will be provided below.
CDS MA Economics Admission 2021 Result
MA Economics 2021 entrance exam result will be declared by the conducting body. Students are suggested to keep an eye over the announcement of the result by staying in touch with the official website. Candidates can able to check the result through the direct link which will be provided below.
CDS MA Economics Admission 2021 Reservation
Statutory reservation for Indian candidates belonging to SC, ST, OBC (NCL), Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) and Persons with Disability (PWD) (40%
disability) as per Govt. of India rules is provided. Reservation is applicable to only 25 seats earmarked for Indian students.
Official Website – cds.edu
For more details regarding the CDS MA Economics Admission 2020, Download Information Brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.