CEE AMPAI – The Common Entrance Examination (CEE) is organised by Association of Minority Professional Academic Institutes (AMPAI) for the candidates seeking admission to the various Degree courses in Engineering and Pharmacy. AMPAI will conduct this examination for the candidates in the State and National level. Admission will be based on the merit position of the candidate in the CEE and the physical counselling. Candidates can check the Eligibility, Exam Pattern, and sample paper from this article.
CEE AMPAI is national and state level entrance exam for the admission into first year of 4 years B.Tech and B.Pharm courses. Candidates can check the Exam Dates from the below table.
Candidates who will apply for CEE AMPAI will have to go through the eligibility criteria given by the conducting body before filling the application form. The candidates need to be eligible in the following way:
Citizenship – The candidate must be a citizen of India.
Age – The candidates must be 17 years of age as on December 31, 2019. There will be no upper limit. The date of birth mentioned in the Class X certificate will only consider as eligible.
|Name of the Course||Qualifying Examination||Percentage Required|
|Bachelor in Engineering/Technology||Passed in 10+2 Standard||45% in the 3 subjects and 30% in English|
|Bachelor in Pharmacy||Passed in 10+2 Standard||45% in the 3 subjects and 30% in English|
Subject – Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biotechnology/Biology/Computer Science/ Computer Application
Exam Syllabus – The questions for CEE AMPAI will be based on the WBJEE syllabus.
Domicile Certificate – The candidates seeking admission under reserved quota in colleges mentioned above will have to submit the domicile certificate in prescribed format from a competent authority. The Domicile Certificate will be accepted for those candidates who are either residing in any State/UT of India continuously for last 10 years as on December 31, 2019 or whose parent(s) is/are permanent resident of any State/UT of India having permanent address within the state.
The applied candidates need to follow the exam pattern of CEE AMPAI before appearing for the final written examination. The exam pattern will be as follows:
Question Type – Each subject will consist of Multiple Choice Questions with four options for each question and the answer will be marked in the OMR sheet. The questions will be in two categories:
|Subject||Category 1||Category 2||Total Marks|
|Mathematics||60 X 1 mark each||20 X 2 marks each||100|
|Biological Sciences||60 X 1 mark each||20 X 2 marks each||100|
|Physics||45 X 1 mark each||15X 2 marks each||75|
|Chemistry||45 X 1 mark each||15 X 2 marks each||75|
Marking Scheme – In category 1, each correct answer will get one mark and in category 2, each correct answer will get two marks. There will be no negative marking in both the categories.
Mode of Answering – The questions must be answered on specially designed machine readable answer sheets (OMR sheets). The candidates will have to mark (bubble) the answer with blue/black point pen on the OMR sheet only.
- The candidates will have to report half an hour before the commencement of the examination.
- Candidates must bring the admit card of CEE along with the admit card of Class X/XII examination as photo identity card and blue/black pen.
- Candidates without the admit card, will not be allowed to appear for the examination.
- Candidates will not be allowed to carry any textual material, printed copies or bits of paper at the examination hall.
- Candidates must leave the examination hall by giving the OMR sheet to the invigilator or else the OMR sheet for the concerned subject will be cancelled.
CEE AMPAI Sample Papers
The CET AMPAI will be held in the following colleges of West Bengal as per last year record. Below information is as per last year, candidates can follow this for information for reference purpose only.
- JIS College of Engineering, Kalyani with total 360 seats.
- Narula Institute of Technology, Kolkata with total 330 seats.
- Guru Nanak Institute of Technology, Kolkata with 270 seats in total.
- Guru Nanak Institute of Pharmaceutical Science and Technology, Kolkata with 60 seats.
- Dr. Sudhir Chandra Sur Engineering College, Kolkata with 144 seats.
Official Website: www.ampai.in.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.