CEED 2021 – The last date to submit an application form for CEED 2021, with a late fee is November 17, 2020. Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay, is going to hold CEED exam on January 17, 2020. The exam is held at national level for admission of eligible candidates in Master of Design (MDes) programmes. CEED is an online exam and consists of Part A and B. IIT only checks Part B, if candidates qualify in Part A. On the basis of CEED 2021 score and rank 7 IITs and other 12 other result sharing institutes. Check CEED 2021 exam dates, syllabus, previous year question paper, exam pattern, and more details from this page.
Latest: The last date to apply for CEED 2021 with a late fee is extended up to November 17, 2020 – Click Here to Apply.
CEED is held by IIT Bombay but IIT Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kanpur, IIITDM Jabalpur, and IISc Bangalore are the core participating institutes. The institutes might hold further tests and / or interviews before granting admission to CEED qualified candidates. All the important dates for CEED 2021 are as follows:
|Application form released on||09 Sep 2020|
|Last date for registration, with late fee||10 Sep 2020|
|Registration with late fee ends on|
|Admit Card for CEED will release on||1 Jan 2021|
|CEED 2021 exam date||17 Jan 2021|
|Answer Key releases on||21 Jan 2021|
|Last date to objections against the answer key||24 Jan 2021|
|CEED 2021 final answer key releases||31 Jan 2021|
|Result to be out on||8 March 2021|
CEED Study Material
CEED 2021 Latest Updates
Nov 16, 2020 –
Nov 13, 2020 –
Nov 09, 2020 –
CEED 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The applicants need to read and check each and every aspect given in the CEED 2021 eligibility criteria. If any one is found eligible at later stages, then candidature is cancelled. Candidates should also note that the conditions or appearing in CEED, differ from the eligibility criteria for admission into participating institutes, hence, one should read both.
- There is no age limit for applying to CEED 2021.
Number of Times:
- Candidates can appear for CEED 2021 as many times as they want to.
- The candidate must have completed 3 year graduation degree / diploma / post graduate degree after their Class 12 Boards.
- They should have completed GD Arts diploma programme (10+5 level) by July 2021
- The applicant appearing for their final exams by July 2021, can also apply.
CEED 2021 Application Form
IIT Bombay releases the application form for CEED 2021 on the official website i.e ceed.iitb.ac.in. Candidates can apply online only. No paper copies of the filled CEED 2021 application or any document are not required, hence should not be sent to the CEED office. Any incomplete application form for CEED 2021, rejected there and then. Hence, candidates should complete and genuine information in the same. The following are the steps on how to apply for CEED 2021.
How to apply for CEED 2021?
- First, go to the official website and click on the registration button.
- Then, enter the email id for registration.
- After doing so, the activation link is sent to the registered email id of the applicant.
- Then, proceed to fill personal, qualification, address details in the application form.
- Next, upload relevant documents in the specified format.
- At last, pay the application form fee and take a print out of the receipt.
Important Documents Required for CEED 2021 application form: If the name is not the same in any of the documents, then proof has to be submitted along with it.
- Recent Colour Photograph (.jpg file)
- Scanned copy of your signature (.jpg file)
- Scanned copy of your degree / diploma certificate (.pdf file)
- Upload final year marksheet or provisional certificate if degree not available.
- Valid caste certificate
- PWD certificate
CEED 2021 Application Form Fee: The applicants have to pay the fee for CEED 2021 through online modes like debit / credit or net banking facility. This fee is non-refundable. The late fee of Rs.500 is levied on all forms submitted after the last date
|Category||CEED 2021 Application Form Fee|
|(SC / ST / PwD)||Rs.1600/-|
CEED 2021 Schedule
The CEED 2021 examination is scheduled to be conducted as per the following. The question paper has 2 parts and candidates have to attempt both of them.
|Part A||Sunday||9:00 am to 12:00 pm|
|Part B||Sunday||10:00 am to 12:00 pm|
CEED 2021 Admit Card
The official authority releases the CEED 2021 admit card on official website i.e ceed.iitb.ac.in. Candidates need to login with their user id and password to download the same. The CEED 2021 admit card comprises of important details like name of candidate, test centre name and address, timings, date of the exam and the important instructions. Candidate have to carry a clear a printout of the CEED 2021 admit card and a valid idenity proof along with them. In case of any discrepancy in the CEED 2021 admit card, candidates can write an email to [email protected]
Services of a Scribe and Compensatory Time: The scribe facility is only available for Part A of the examination. To avail this facility, candidates have to select the option while filling the application form. They have to upload a copy of PwD certificate as proof. In necessary, the official authority contacts the candidate on their registered email id.
Candidates are given 20 minutes in addition to the duration of CEED 2021 exam.
CEED 2021 Test Centres
The CEED 2021 exam is held in various cities across India. Candidates need to choose 3 cities, while filling their application form. The city is not changed, once the application form has been submitted. In case, the first preference of city is full, the second or third choice of city is allotted to the candidate.
CEED 2021 Exam Pattern
In order to ace the examination with flying colors, candidates need to understand the exam pattern of CEED 2021 thoroughly. It is as follows.
CEED 2021 examination is held in 2 parts i.e Part A and Part B. The exam pattern of each are as follows.
For Part A
Mode of Test: The exam is held in the computer based mode.
Number of Questions: There are 41 questions in Part A of CEED 2021.
Type of Questions: There are MCQ type questions of three types. They are as follows.
- Numerical Answer Type
- Multiple Choice Question
- Multiple Select Questions
Distribution of Questions: The CEED 2021 exam consists of the following structure.
|Number of Questions||Marks for correct answer||Marks for incorrect answer|
For Part B
Mode of Test: It is held in the pen and paper mode. However, candidates need to tick an appropriate box on the computer screen to indicate that you have answered the same.
Number of Questions: There are 5 questions in the exam.
Total Marks: The question paper is for 100 marks.
Distribution of Questions: The question paper has 5 questions, the distribution is as follows.
|Number of Questions||Total Marks|
CEED 2021 Syllabus
The CEED 2021 exam is an aptitude based examination. Candidates are advised to practice their drawing, visualisation skills, they can also prepare from the following mentioned topics.
For Part A
- Visualization and spatial ability: The questions can be asked from Pictorial and diagrammatic topics to test the understanding of transformation and / or manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D objects and their spatial relationships.
- Environmental and social awareness: The paper consist of General awareness of environmental factors such as climate, population, water, vegetation, pollution, weather, natural resources etc., and their implications on the design of products, images, infrastructure and environment. Awareness of design terminologies, social and cultural connection with design, history of the designed artefact, and socially responsible and environmentally sustainable design responses. History of art, sculpture and literature.
- Analytical and logical reasoning: The exam also tests the ability to analyse given information logically and select the most appropriate solutions. Ability to weigh opinions, arguments or solutions against appropriate criteria. Ability to use logic and structured thinking to deduce from a short passage, which of a number of statements is the most accurate response to a posed question.
- Language and creativity: Candidates must also have an ability to understand passages in commonly used English language. Ability to think creatively in terms of alternatives, ability to distinguish innovative options and think out of the box.
- Design thinking and problem solving: They should be able to understand the context, the users and the constraints and select the most appropriate solution for a given design problem.
- Observation and design sensitivity: Candidates must have an ability to detect concealed properties in day to day life and think critically about them. Ability to discern subtle differences in visual properties and aesthetic outcomes.
For Part B
- Drawing: Candidates should have an ability to draw products, people or scenes in proportion with good line quality, composition, proportion, perspective, and shading.
- Creativity: The applicants must think out of the box and come up with unique as well as diverse solutions.
- Communication skills: The paper tests the ability to communicate concepts and ideas clearly with the help of text and visuals.
- Problem identification skills: Candidates must understand the user and the context, knowledge of properties of materials and their appropriate use in design, etc.
CEED 2021 Important Books
Although the conducting body does not recommend any specific text book or guide for CEED 2021 preparation, candidates can still gain a broader perspective of the questions asked in CEED 2021 exam. The important books for the same are as follows.
|Name of Book||Like to Purchase|
|Cracking UCEED and CEED||Buy Here|
|NIFT, NID PG & CEED PG Study||Buy Here|
|CEED entrance||Buy Here|
|Designer Notes||Buy Here|
CEED 2021 Previous Year Question Paper
The applicants can also refer to the previous year question paper for CEED 2021 exam preparation.
Podcast: Candidates can also listen to the CEED 2021 podcast for preparation.
CEED 2021 Answer Key
After the examination, IIT Bombay releases the answer key of CEED. It is released on the website, but only for Part A. Candidate can download it as a pdf. After the released of the key, candidates can challenge it. Once all the challenges have been submitted, the conducts body checks it and makes the needed changes.
Along with the answer key of CEED, response sheet is also released. Using both, candidates can predict their marks in the exam. It should be noted that the answer key of CEED is only released for Part A, because Part B is subjective in nature.
CEED 2021 Cut Off for Part A
The cut off of CEED is only applicable for Part A of the exam. Candidates who score more than the cut off are shortlisted and their Part B is checked.
The cut off for Part A, for open category candidates, is determined on the basis of the formula below:
—> µ + (σ 2) = δ <—
- µ – is the average marks.
- σ – is the standard deviation of marks obtained by all the candidates in part A.
When needed, µ and σ are rounded off after the first decimal.
The cut off score for the candidates who belong to reserved category candidates are as follows:
CEED 2021 Result
IIT Bombay releases CEED result online, on ceed.iitb.ac.in. Candidates need user id and password to download it. The scorecard for CEED is valid for 1 year, from the date of declaration. Candidates should note that the request for re-evaluation or hard copy of CEED result is not entertained. In the result, Part A marks of all the candidates are displayed but Part B marks are displayed if the candidate has qualified the exam.
IIT-B first checks the Part A. If candidates passes it, their Part B is checked. Part B of the exam is subjective in nature and is checked manually. However, it holds more weighatge in determining if the candidates has qualified the exam or not. The final score of CEED 2021 is calculated as follows:
- 25% weightage is given to marks obtained in Part A and 75% weightage is given marks obtains in Part B.
CEED 2021 Participating Institutes
In all, there are only 7 participating institutes of CEED. However, 12 private institutes also accept the score of the exam.
Participating institutes of CEED and courses offered by these is as follows:
|Institute||Name of Programme|
|Industrial Design Centre, IIT Bombay||M.Des in:|
Ph.D in Design
|Centre for Product Design and Manufacturing,IISc Bangalore||M.Des in:|
-Product Design and Engineering
Ph.D in Design
|Department of Design, IIT Delhi||M.Des in:|
Ph.D in Design
|Department of Design, IIT Guwahati||M.Des in:|
Ph.D in Design
|Department of Design, IIT Hyderabad||M.Des in:|
– Visual Design
Ph.D in Design
|Design Programme, IIT Kanpur||M.Des in:|
Ph.D in Design
|Design Discipline, IIITDM Jabalpur||M.Des in:|
Ph.D in Design
The following are the result sharing institutes of CEED 2021:
- Srishti Institute of Art and Design, Bengaluru
- Lovely Professional University, Punjab
- Jain University, Bangalore
- Shiv Nadar University,
- World University of Design, Haryana
- Central University of Technology, Kokrajhar
- UPES School of Design, Dehradun
- ISDI School of Design, Mumbai
- Vishakapatnam University
- School of Planning and Architecture
- SRM Institute, Chennai
- Delhi Technology University
Important Instructions for CEED 2021
Candidates need to abide by the following instructions when appearing for CEED 2021.
- The candidate should report at the centre at 7:00 am sharp.
- They need to cooperate while biometric information (thumb impression and photograph) is taken.
- Candidates can bring any ID proof along with themselves in the original format. They are driving license, PAN card, Voter ID, Aadhar card or printed e-Aadhar card.
- The applicant must not carry mobile phones, calculators, smart or digital watches.
- They should sit as per their seat arrangement only.
- They should not carry drawing sheet to the exam hall. They can carry pencil, poster colors and other types of stationery.
For more information, check CEED 2021 Information Brochure
Official Website – ceed.iitb.ac.in/2021
FAQ’s for CEED 2021
Ans 1. The CEED 2021 examination is held by IIT, Bombay.
Ans 2. Yes, it is separate for every institute. Candidates should read the eligibility conditions for the same carefully.
Ans 3. No, CEED 2021 score card cannot be treated as a proof of date of birth, category or disability status.
Contact Information :
Address: Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai 400076
Phone:+ 91 22 2576 4063 / 9093 / 9094
Timings: Monday to Friday, 09:30 – 17:30 hrs
E-mail: [email protected]
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.