CENTAC 2020 Lateral Entry – The updated final merit list has released for UG Admission. Centralized Admission Committee (CENTAC) had conducted the lateral entry admission for total seats are 1574 in all the courses that allow lateral entry schemes. Lateral entry admission for B.Tech / B.Com. / B.C.A./ B.Sc. (Comp.Sci.) / B.P.A. (Music) / B.P.A. (Dance) / Post Basic B.Sc. (Nursing) / B. Pharma Degree Programmes under Lateral Entry Scheme shall be done at the CENTAC. Candidates will be called for counselling as per the merit list prepared. Candidates to be called for counseling will be intimated through call letters and in the official website of CENTAC. Get here all the information for CENTAC 2020 Lateral Entry on this page.
– CENTAC UG Lateral entry allotment round II has been released now. Click here to check it
– CENTAC UG LE 2020 Updated Final Merit List has released. Click here to get it.
– CENTAC 2020 List of candidates ineligible for lateral entry to B.Tech. courses. Click here to check it.
– Last date to submission of B.Tech (Lateral Entry) Application form has been extended up to October 31, 2020. Click here to Apply.
– The candidate who wants to apply for lateral entry to 2nd year (B.Sc. (Comp.Sci.), BCA, BBA Tourism, B.Com) may have to directly visit the concerned college on or before September 16, 2020, 5 pm.
CENTAC Lateral Entry 2020
If the total seats are not filled, merit list will get updates according to the new additions. Lateral Entry to Degree Courses is B.Tech. / B.Com. / B.C.A./ B.Sc. (Comp.Sci.) / B.P.A. (Music) / B.P.A. (Dance) / Post Basic B.Sc. (Nursing) / B. Pharma. and M.C.A. The complete schedule for CENTAC Lateral Entry 2020 is given below.
Diploma Courses in Polytechnic Colleges (including Part Time & Lateral Entry)
|Submission of Online Application||29 Aug 2020|
|Last date to Apply|
31 Oct 2020 – B.Tech (Lateral Entry)
|Time for Objections for the Draft Merit List Till||To be announced|
|Publication of Final Merit List||13 Nov 2020|
|1st Round of Counselling / Allotment||To be announced|
|Last Date for Joining for 1st Round||To be announced|
|2nd Round of Counselling / Allotment||To be announced|
|Last Date for Joining for 2nd Round||To be announced|
|Subsequent Rounds of Counselling / Allotment||To be announced|
CENTAC Lateral Entry Admission 2020 Press Release
Click here to download the Press Release
CENTAC B.Tech (Lateral Entry) Admission 2020 Last Date to Apply Extended Notice
- Click here to download the above notice.
CENTAC Letray Entry 2020 – Updates
CENTAC Letray Entry 2020 Eligibility Criteria
B.Com., B.Com. (Co-operative Management), B.Com. (Corporate Secretaryship) and B.Com. (Foreign Trade) – Candidates who have passed Diploma in Commerce or Diploma in Modern Office Practice (Three Years Course) awarded by the Directorate of Technical Education, Govt. of Tamil Nadu or other
states shall be admitted to the second year of the above-mentioned courses, subject to the availability of seats purely on merit up to 10% of the sanctioned strength in the course. However, the total strength should not exceed the sanctioned strength.
B.C.A. and B.Sc. Computer Science – Candidates who have passed Diploma in Computer Science / Information Technology / Computer Technology / Computer Application in First Class (10+3 years of study) as mentioned in the Degree / Provisional certificate are eligible to apply for lateral entry to the second year of the above-mentioned courses, subject to the availability of the seats but limited to 10% of the sanctioned strength in each course. However, the total strength should not exceed the sanctioned strength in each course.
B.B.A. (Tourism) – Candidates who have passed Diploma in any field of study II class (10+3 years of study) are eligible to apply for lateral entry to the second year of the course subject to availability of seats, but limited to 10% of the sanctioned intake.
CENTAC Letray Entry Counselling Fee
Candidates will forfeit the counseling fee of Rs. 850/- (Rs. 350 for SC/BT Candidates) only on the selection of a seat in the first counseling and in subsequent counseling(s) a non-refundable counseling fee of Rs. 750/- (for SC/BT candidates Rs. 300/-) will be collected irrespective of selection of seat.
The counseling fee should be in the form of Demand Draft drawn in favour of The Convenor, CENTAC-LE payable at Puducherry. No candidate will be allowed to attend the counseling without the prescribed counseling fee.
- The selected candidates shall be required to submit all the documents in original at the time of counseling
- The candidates are advised to take enough number of photocopies before submitting the original documents
- All admissions made are provisional and subject to the approval of Pondicherry University
- It shall be the responsibility of the candidate who applies for admission to study the details given in this information brochure and ensure that he/ she is eligible for admission. The admission of any candidate not possessing the required qualification, allotted either based on false certificates or by oversight shall be liable to be cancelled or the candidates shall have no cause for grievance on this account.
CENTAC 2020 Selection Procedure
The selection of the candidate shall only be based on the marks obtained in the 2nd and 3rd-year examination (4 semesters) in the Diploma course.
- The aggregate in the percentage of the subjects of qualifying examinations (4 semesters) of Diploma shall be the basis for merit.
- In the event of this also being the same, the total percentage of marks obtained in S.S.L.C. /H.Sc. or equivalent examination shall be the basis for ascertaining the merit.
- Date of birth of higher age.
About CENTAC 2020
The Centralised Admission Committee (CENTAC) is the common counseling for admission into various PG, UG, and Diploma courses of the government colleges as well the government quota seats in private and unaided colleges in the Union Territory of Puducherry. The application form is released first for different courses as per the schedule on the official website of CENTAC. The application form is provided in online mode only. After successful payment of fees the candidature will be submitted. The merit list will be released on the basis of marks in qualifying examination. A window is given to challenge the merit list. The final merit list will be obtained after taking into consideration the challenges and the tie-breaking criteria.
For getting more details about CENTAC 2020 Admission Download Information Brochure for –CENTAC 2020
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.