CENTAC LE 2017 for II year B.Tech Degree Programmes – Government of Puducherry, Centralised Admission Committee (CENTAC) has released admission notification from Diploma holders and B.Sc. Graduates with Mathematics as one of the Subjects at degree level for admission to II year (III Semester) B.Tech Degree Programmes under LATERAL ENTRY Scheme in Government and Self- Financing colleges of Union Territory of Puducherry for the academic year 2017-18. Interested candidates can read the complete detail of CENTAC LE 2017 for II year B.Tech Degree Programmes such as application form, eligibility criteria, selection process etc. on this page.
Latest – CENTAC LE 2017 Counselling Schedule has been released, Check the schedule through the link below.
CENTAC LE 2017 for II year B.Tech Degree Programmes
Centralized Admission Committee for Lateral Entry (CENTAC LE) is the examination conducted by the Government of Puducherry for admission to 2nd year (III Semester) B.Tech Degree Programmes under LATERAL ENTRY Scheme in Government and Self- Financing colleges of Union Territory of Puducherry for the academic year 2017-18.
Schedule for the CENTAC LE 2017 for II year B.Tech Degree Programmes is given below.
|Online submission of application||12 Jun 2017|
|Last date of online submission||21 Jun 2017|
|Last date for receipt of online printout||24 Jun 2017|
CENTAC LE 2017 Merit Lists has been uploaded on the official website, Which can also be checked through the direct links provided below for your convenience.
- To Check Merit List – Click Here
Insofar, only admission notice has been announced yet. Other details updated on this page as per the last year. As soon as CENTAC LE 2017 for II yr B.Tech details will be released, same will be updated here.
Last year eligibility criteria is given below.
A pass in the three years Diploma Course or four years sandwich Diploma Course in Engineering / Technology with a minimum of 45% marks (40% for OBC/BCM/MBC/EBC/BT/SC candidates) in aggregate in the subjects covered in 3rd to 6th Semesters. OR
A pass in any B.Sc Degree ( with Mathematics as one of the subjects at Degree Level) with a minimum of 45% marks (40% for OBC / BCM / MBC / EBC / BT / SC candidates) in aggregate in subjects covered from first to last semesters except language subjects.
Age limit : No Age limit for the candidates applying for the LE (Direct Second Year) admission.
Domicile Criteria for UT of Puducherry
A candidate is considered to belong to the UT of Puducherry, if he/she satisfies at least one of the following domicile criteria (Refer Annexure – III for the Format of Certificates):
- Those candidates or whose parent (either mother or father or both) or Legal Guardian (in the case of children who have lost both the parents) has been residing continuously in this Union territory for at least five years immediately preceding the date of application.
- Those who have passed SSLC/HSC or any other public examination and for that purpose had undergone academic studies continuously for 5 successive classes immediately preceding the qualifying examination (including the year of the qualifying examination) in recognized education institutions (s) located in Puducherry Union Territory and having their residence in the Puducherry Union Territory for 5 years continuously during that period.
- Children whose parents are Central Government Servants, State Government Servants, Defence Personnel, Central Paramilitary Forces, Employees of Public Sector Undertakings wholly or substantially run either by the Central Government or by the Puducherry union Territory administration, posted and serving in the Puducherry Union Territory for at least a minimum continuous period of three years immediately prior to the last date of submission of application.
- Children of the above said employees should have studied in the Higher Secondary Course of two years in any of the schools in the U.T. of Puducherry and should have also passed the Higher Secondary Examination from the same school. [G.O. Ms. No. 04, Puducherry, dated 09-02-2016 of the Chief Secretariat, (Hr. & Tech. Edn.)Puducherry].
- Children of Defence Personnel who were killed or disabled in action and who have declared Puducherry as their hometown.
- French Nationals residing in the Puducherry UT and covered by the terms of the “Treaty of Cession” shall be treated on par with the candidates who produce the prescribed Puducherry UT residence certificate. Such French Nationals will be required to produce residence certificate issued by the Department of Revenue Disaster Management, Puducherry, not below the rank of Deputy Tahsildar. In addition they should produce a certificate of registration issued for this purpose from the French consulate, Puducherry.
Note : Children of these French Nationals shall not be considered for admission under the quota of non-residents.
Last year reservation policy is given below.
Reservation in admission for different categories of candidates of Union Territory of Puducherry is given below. Further SC/BT/EBC/MBC/BCM/OBC candidates are also eligible for selection under Open Competition / General Category in addition to the reservations made to them.
No other reservations or allocation of seats will be available for admission of candidates under Lateral Entry to II year B.Tech Degree.
CENTAC LE 2017 Selection Procedure
Last year selection procedure is given below.
The selection of the candidate shall only be based on the marks obtained in the PRE-FINAL AND FINAL SEMESTER EXAM of the candidates in the Diploma/B.Sc. Degree course. During the preparation of merit list if a tie occurs, the procedure given below will be followed one after the other to break the tie.
- The aggregate in percentage of the subjects of qualifying semesters of Diploma/Degree examination shall be the basis for merit.
- In the event of this also being the same, the total percentage of marks obtained in S.S.L.C/H.Sc. or equivalent examination shall be the basis for ascertaining the merit.
- Date of birth of higher age
Candidates will be called as per their order of merit in the each course. Candidates to be called for counseling will be intimated through SMS / Email.
Candidates need not have to wait for the call letter for counseling. They can generate the CALL letter from the CENTAC website www.centaconline.in by entering their REGISTER NUMBER.
For more detail of CENTAC LE for II year B.Tech candidates refer to the last year Information Brochure here.