CENTAC MBBS/BDS 2020
CENTAC MBBS / BDS 2020 – Centralized Admission Committee (CENTAC) is handling Puducherry MBBS / BDS / BAMS admissions 2020. As per regulations framed under the Indian Medical Council, admissions in 100% seats of MBBS/BDS is done through National Eligibility cum Entrance Test- NEET. Candidates first need to fill the application form for the same and then merit list will be released for the candidates. Scroll down below to check the full details on CENTAC MBBS / BDS 2020 Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Counselling, etc on this page.
For NEET 2021 – Click Here
CENTAC MBBS / BDS 2020 – Latest Updates
22 Jan 2021 – CENTAC has released the list of Candidates ( Other State) participating in Self Sustaining Mode Management Quota Seats in MGPDIS – Check Here
22 Jan 2021 – CENTAC has released List of Candidates (UTP) participating in Self Sustaining Mode Management Quota Seats in MGPDIS – Check Here
18 Jan 2021 – CENTAC has released the notice for fresh registration and application form participating in BDS Mop Up Counselling – Download PDF Here
17 Jan 2021 – CENTAC has released Vacancy for BDS/BAMS Mop Up Round – Download PDF Here
17 Jan 2021 – CENTAC has released BDS/BAMS Mop Up Counselling instruction – Download PDF Here
16 Jan 2021 – CENTAC has released Final list of admitted candidates after completion of MBBS Counselling for AY – Download PDF Here
14 Jan 2021 – CENTAC has released the additional 1:10 list for MBBS admission 2020 under management quota – Download PDF Here
14 Jan 2021 – CENTAC has released the additional 1:10 list for MBBS admission 2020 under government quota – Download PDF Here
14 Jan 2021 – CENTAC has released the list of willing candidates (Puducherry UT) for self supporting MBBS course at IGMC & RI, Puducherry – Download PDF Here
14 Jan 2021 – Press release for willingness was called from unallotted candidates for the 10 MBBS seat under self-supporting quota in Indira Gandhi Medical College – Download PDF Here.
14 Jan 2021 – CENTAC has released List of willing candidates Other states for self-supporting MBBS Courses at IGMC&RI, Puducherry – Download PDF Here
14 Jan 2021 – CENTAC has released List of willing candidates (Puducherry UT) for self-supporting MBBS courses at IGMC&RI, Puducherry – Download PDF Here
13 Jan 2021 – CENTAC has released Provisional allotment for NEET based UG Medical Courses Mop Up round (MBBS/BDS/BAMS) 2020 – 2021. Click here to check it.
13 Jan 2021 – CENTAC has released the Vacancy Position after MBBS Mop Up Round – Download PDF Here
13 Jan 2021 – UG NEET MBBS 2020 List of Management Quota has been released by CENTAC – Download PDF Here
13 Jan 2021 – CENTAC has released the list of already joined candidates participating in mop-up round – Download PDF Here
13 Jan 2021 – CENTAC has released the list of candidates who have registered and paid tuition fee for mop-up round – Download PDF Here
12 Jan 2021 – CENTAC has released the MBBS Mop Up Counselling important instruction – Download PDF Here
12 Jan 2021 – CENTAC has released the notice regarding the vacancy for the Mop-Up round for MBBS admission 2020 – Download PDF Here
12 Jan 2021 – CENTAC has released the list of candidates admitted in second round for MBBS/BDS/BAMS admission 2020 – Download PDF Here
12 Jan 2021 – CENTAC has released the vacancy for the Mop-Up round for MBBS admission 2020 – Download PDF Here
12 Jan 2021 – CENTAC has released the notice regarding the important instructions for MBBS Mop-Up Counselling – Download PDF Here
09 Jan 2021 – CENTAC has released the notice regarding the important instructions for MBBS Mop-Up Counselling – Download PDF Here
06 Jan 2021 – CENTAC has released the Provisional allotment for NEET UG Medical courses round II MBBS/BDS/BAMS 2020. Click here to check it.
06 Jan 2021 – Press release for Provisional allotment lists for 2nd round NEET – Download PDF Here
28 Dec 2020 – CENTAC has released the list of candidates admitted in 1st round for admission to MBBS/BDS/BAMS for session 2020 – 2021. Click here to check it.
28 Dec 2020 – CENTAC has released the press notice for vacancy position, joined list, seat conversion of MBBS/BDS/BAMS – Download PDF Here
28 Dec 2020 – CENTAC has released the NEET based courses vacancies for round 2 – Download PDF Here
25 Dec 2020 – CENTAC has released notice for extension of date for registration fee payment and submission of course preferences under 2nd Round MBBS/BDS/BAMS Counseling – Download PDF here
23 Dec 2020 – CENTAC Press release for 2nd round registration fee for MBBS/BDS Counselling – Download PDF Here
22 Dec 2020 – CENTAC has released MBBS/BDS/BAMS Round One Admitted Candidates can download their Allotment order – Click Here.
20 Dec 2020 – CENTAC has released the merit list for NEET Based Degree Courses (MBBS , BDS and BAMS ) for GQ/MQ/NRI Categories – Click here to check it.
18 Dec 2020 – CENTAC has released the NEET UG Sports Final Merit List for the academic year 2020 – 21- Click here to check it.
17 Dec 2020 – To check revised draft merit list for NEET based degree courses (MBBS, BDS and BAMS ) – Check here
17 Dec 2020 – CENTAC has released the Press Release for the revised draft merit list for NEET based degree courses. Check the below image to know more.
Click here to register for CENTAC NEET 2020
Draft merit list for NEET Based Degree courses (MBBS, BDS AND BAMS) –
Government Quota – Download PDF Here | Press Release
Management Quota – Download PDF Here
NRI – Download PDF Here
27 Oct 2020 – CENTAC had invited applications for all NEET related courses, and the last date for submission was fixed on 27 -10-2020. CENTAC has received requests from the Public, to extend the last date for submission, in view of the Public Holidays and consequent difficulty in obtaining relevant certificates. Considering the same, the last date for submission of UG-NEET related courses [M.B.B.S. /B.D.S./ B.A.M.S.) is extended till 2nd November 2020. till 5.00 P.M.
|Submission of Online Application||17 Oct 2020|
|Last date to apply||02 Nov 2020|
About CENTAC NEET Admission 2020
State Counselling Authority, CENTAC, does counselling for all the M.B.B.S. / B.D.S./ B.A.M.S. seats in the U.T. Government Colleges and unaided Private Medical / Dental Colleges.
The seats allotted under different categories are as below:
i. Seats in Government Colleges including surrendered seats from All India Quota Pool.
ii. Self-Sponsored Seats in Government Colleges.
iii. Government Quota Seats in Private Colleges.
iv. Management Quota Seats in Private Colleges.
v. Minority (Management) Quota Seats in Private Minority Colleges.
vi. NRI Quota Seats in Government / Private Colleges.
The Selection through Counselling for M.B.B.S., B.D.S. and B.A.M.S. courses is done based on the NEET Score of the current year.
Admission to the “Government Quota Seats” in Private Medical/Dental colleges including the Minority Medical/Dental Colleges will be as per the law / regulations / orders of Government of India and that of the Government of Puducherry, on the subject. The details regarding the Colleges and the number of seats will be published in the website.
CENTAC NEET 2020 Application Form
In view of COVID the application fee is waived for the current year for all the students who apply for Government Quota seats.
The application fee for students applying for Management Quota and NRI quota will be as follows:
Puducherry Medical Colleges 2020
Indira Gandhi Medical College & Research Institute, Puducherry
Rajiv Gandhi Ayurveda Medical College, Mahe
New Mahe, 673311
Mahatma Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Dental Sciences, Puducherry
Private Medical Colleges
|Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences, Puducherry||Kalathumettupathai,|
|Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College & Hospital, Puducherry||Kalitheerthalkuppam,|
|Sri Venkateshwaraa Medical College & Research Institute, Puducherry||13-A, Pondy- Villupuram|
Main Road, Ariyur,
Private Dental Colleges
|Mahe Institute of Dental Sciences, Mahe||Chalakkara Post,|
|Sri Venkateshwaraa Dental College, Puducherry||13 A, PondicherryVillupuram Main Road,|
Ariyur, Puducherry 605102
Puducherry MBBS Seats 2020
MBBS, BDS – Candidates seeking admission to the M.B.B.S. / B.D.S.., Degree courses must have passed H.Sc. (Academic) examination conducted by the Board of Higher Secondary Examination of Tamil Nadu or any other equivalent thereto, with a minimum of 50% marks (40% of marks for OBC / BCM / MBC / EBC / BT / SC / ST candidates) in aggregate, in the prescribed subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Bio-technology, Botany and Zoology. Further they should have studied English as one of the subjects and they must have passed the above four subjects individually.
- Candidates seeking admission for B.A.M.S. course must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English individually and must have obtained a minimum marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology at the qualifying examination with a minimum of 50% marks for General and 45% of marks for OBC / BCM / MBC / EBC / OPH (General &OBC) and 40% of marks for SC / ST / BT & OPH.
- The Higher Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to10 +2 Higher Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of study comprising of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics or any other elective subjects with English at a level not less than core course of English as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training after the introduction of 10+2+3 years educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on Education.
- As per U.T. Govt. norms for all Government quota seats, only Candidates who are resident of the U.T. of Puducherry are eligible. Minority Quota Seats (Management Quota) in Private Medical / Dental Colleges
- For Minority Quota seats in Minority Medical / Dental Colleges, candidates who are residents of the U.T. of Puducherry and belonging to respective minorities are only eligible, i.e., for the minority quota seats in PIMS, candidates who are resident of U.T. of Puducherry and belonging to Christian religious minority alone are eligible. For the minority quota seats in SVMCH & RI candidates who are resident of the U.T. of Puducherry and belonging to Telugu linguistic minority alone are eligible.
- U.T. of Puducherry candidates claiming seats under Christian Minority Quota should produce any valid documentary proof like Transfer Certificate or similar document to prove that his / her religion is CHRISTIANITY.
- U.T. of Puducherry candidates claiming seats under Telugu Minority Quota should produce any valid documentary proof like Transfer Certificate or School admission certificate to prove that his / her mother tongue is TELUGU.
- Conversion of Minority Quota seats into General Management Quota seats: In case these minority quota seats are not filled in the TWO rounds of Counselling, then these unfilled seats will be converted to general management quota seats and filled on All India basis. In the computerised module of allocation, the unfilled seats will be converted after exhausting the minority candidates and allotted as General Management Quota seats in the second round itself.
- For Management Quota seats in Private Colleges candidates are eligible on All India basis without any restriction to residence in the U.T. of Puducherry
About MBBS BDS Admission 2020
The schedule of allotment will be in accordance with the schedule notified by the MCI / DCI. For M.B.B.S., B.D.S. typically TWO rounds of allotment will be done. After this, one Mop Up Counselling will be done.
The restrictions regarding participation in further rounds of counselling for M.B.B.S. / B.D.S. are as follows:
Forfeiture of Registration Fee / Tuition Fee
- After publication of Final allotment list in 2nd round if any candidate fails to join the college then the registration fee will be forfeited.
- During mop up counselling, seats will be allotted only after the entire tuition fee is paid, preferably by way of DD (Demand Draft) or through RTGS / NEFT. If the student fails to join the allotted college after mop up counselling and if the college is not able to fill the seat from the 1:10 list sponsored by CENTAC, then the entire tuition fee will be forfeited.
- The tuition fee deposited will be refunded after deducting 1 lakh where the college is able to fill the seat. The amount after deduction will be refunded after 6 months so that this acts as a deterrent for blocking of seat. Therefore, it is advised that the candidates make a considerate decision before taking the seat in mop up counselling. CENTAC reserves the right to modify these guidelines relating to mop up counselling, depending upon necessity.
Refund of Registration Fee / Tuition Fee.
- In case the candidate is not allotted any seat during the 2nd Round and Mop Up Round, the Registration Fees / Tuition Fees will be refunded to the same account of the candidate from which payment had been made.
- The candidates should keep their card / bank account active till refund process is completed. The candidates are advised not to use unrelated card / bank accounts for remitting Registration Fee / Tuition fee amount. CENTAC will not entertain such requests.
- As per Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Rules, refund cannot be done to NRI Accounts. If the candidate wants to use the funds available in his / her NRI Account to register for counselling, he / she has to first transfer funds from the NRI Account to an NRO Account and from the NRO Account to the CENTAC Account. The refund from CENTAC will be credited to the NRO Account only.
Special Note to Students who have been allotted seats in JIPMER
It is observed that students who have got seats allotted in M.B.B.S. in JIPMER do not opt out and unnecessarily block the seat allotted in CENTAC thereby causing unwarranted sliding. CENTAC will obtain the list of candidates who are allotted seats in JIPMER and these candidates will not be allotted any seats despite their eligibility. If any candidate who has been selected in JIPMER wants his / her name to be considered, then the candidate has to deposit Rs.1,00,000/- (Rs. One Lakh only) as Cautionary Deposit. This Cautionary Deposit will be forfeited if the candidate is allotted a seat by CENTAC and fails to join within the prescribed date.
Special note for NRI, PIO, OCI candidates
List of 1:10 candidates
After mop up counselling, if any stray vacancies remain, the list of candidates in the ratio of 1:10 (i.e., ten times the number of vacancies), in order of merit will be sponsored to the colleges. In order to sponsor only those candidates who are interested, CENTAC asks specifically for the willingness of candidates for sponsoring and also may open fresh registration as well, in addition to the existing candidates.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.