CENTAC PG 2018 Result – The aspirants of CENTAC PG-2018-19 will be announced by Centralised Admission Committee on the official website. The result will be announced in form of merit list programme wise. There will be separate list for MBA, MCA, M.Tech. The merit list will display Serial Number, Region Number, Marks, programme name. The marks will be displayed Region wise. Candidates whose names appear in the merit list shall have to appear for the counseling. You will be informed through call letters.
This call letter will carry time, date and venue address. Each and every participant has to carry original documents, counselling fees (most preferably DD mode) to attend each round. If seats are left in 01st round of counselling, another subsequent round can also be held to fill the seats. Reservation policy will be applicable as per the government norms. According to which, 75% seats are reserved for candidates of Puducherry and rest 25% seats for candidates of other states/ UT.
CENTAC PG 2018 Result
Candidates will be surprised to know that last year the result of the CENTAC PG was announced the next day of the entrance examination held for MBA and MCA programmes, while for M.Tech programmes, the result was announced 2 days later. Based on this information, we have indicated a rough idea of the result declaration dates. It is not necessary that like last year, the results are announced just next day. That is why we have kept provision for 7 days.
CENTAC PG 2018 Result Important Dates
The dates indicated in the table are temporarily based on the previous year events. The dates may get delayed. It is uncertain.
|Entrance exam dates||4th week of Jul 2018|
|Result declaration||Within a week|
Steps to download the result of CENTAC PG 2018
- Visit the official website at pec.edu or click the link available on this page.
- The programme wise merit list will be displayed in front of you
- Select the programme for which write the exam
- The list will appear
CENTAC PG admissions Counselling
Admissions to the said courses i.e. MBA, MCA, M.Tech etc. will be based on the merit obtained by the candidate. Along with that category, the number of seats as indicated by affiliated colleges at the time of counseling will also impact admissions. Meritorious candidates will be intimated through newspaper publishing, through website pec.edu. You will be informed about the venue, time, counseling fees though call letter. There will be counseling fees for attending the process.
You will have to report at the specified time and date for counseling or forego the claim if you do not attend the process. If unable to do that, you may attend the subsequent rounds with the permission of the convenor. Dates for the subsequent rounds of counseling will be alerted through the website. Carry all your original documents for verification. You will have to submit them. Also, carry counseling fees in DD mode (up to Rs. 1100/-) in favor of counseling payable at Pondicherry.
Reporting at the allocated college
Candidates who get seats allocated should report at the college on or before the due date indicated by CENTAC-PG. Do not provide false information, your admission will be canceled. Legal proceedings may also be levied against you.
Reservation policy as per last year
|Vertical Reservation||Horizontal Reservation|
|Open Competition / General Category (OC)||50%||Children / Grand Children of Freedom Fighter (FF)||04%|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||11%||Physically Handicapped (PH)||03%|
|Backward Classes Muslims (BCM)||02%||Wards of Ex-servicemen (EX)||03%|
|Most Backward Classes (MBC)||18%||Candidate who are Meritorious in Sports (SP)||01%|
|Extreme Backward Classes (EBC)||02%||–|
|Backward Tribes (BT)||01%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||16%|
Selection Procedure as per last year
CENTAC PG Result Analysis
Last year, the result was announced next day of the entrance examination. The exam was held on 29 and 30 July and the result was announced on 31 July.
- In MCA- 73 candidates were selected. Highest score- 158/ 360 marks
- In MBA- 69 candidates were selected. Highest score- 176/ 360 marks
- In M.Tech.
- Civil Engineering- 55 candidates were selected. Highest score- 165/ 360 marks
- Chemical Engineering- 1 candidate was selected. Highest score- 89/ 360 marks
- Computer Science and Engineering- 35 candidates were selected. Highest score- 114/ 360 marks
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering- 10 candidates were selected. Highest score- 114/ 360 marks
- Electronics and Communication Engineering- 55 candidates were selected. Highest score- 135/ 360 marks
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering- 3 candidates were selected. Highest score- 24/ 360 marks
- Information Technology- 20 candidates were selected. Highest score- 178/ 360 marks
- Mechanical Engineering- 30 candidates were selected. Highest score- 111/ 360 marks
Insofar, official details of CENTAC PG Result 2018 have not been announced. Information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as CENTAC releases CENTAC PG 2018 information brochure, details will be updated here.