Chandigarh University offers admission into Ph.D Programmes 2018-2019 for January Session in full time / part time. Eligible candidates who wishes to apply for Chandigarh University Ph.D Admission 2018 for January Session can apply online or offline on or before the last date of application/ Candidates can check the complete information of Chandigarh University Ph.D Admission 2018 (January Session) Application process, eligibility criteria and other information through this page below.
Chandigarh University Ph.D Admission 2018 – January Session
Candidates seeking admission in various Ph.D Courses for January Session have to fill the online or offline application from the official website www.cuchd.in. For admission into said course candidate have to appeared in the entrance test which will be conducted on 17 Dec 2017.
Schedule for the Chandigarh University Ph.D Admission 2018 is given below.
|Online applying||18 Sep 2017|
|Last Date for submission of Online Application Form||06 Dec 2017|
|Conduct of Ph.D Entrance Examination||17 Dec 2017|
|Interview Schedule||03 & 04 Jan 2018|
|Admission notification||08 Jan 2018|
Result of Ph.D Entrance Examination held on December 17, 2017 has been announced by Chandigarh University. Candidates can check their result form the direct link provided below. Qualified candidates are required to appear for the second round i.e. for interview and presentation. The candidates should come prepared with a 10 minutes PPT on any research topic related to their field.
Result: Click Here to check the result.
Chandigarh University has issued admit card for Ph.D entrance exam to be held on December 17, 2017. Candidates have to download their admit card by login into their account through “Username” & “Password”. Candidates can download the admit card from the official website Or through the direct link provided below.
Admit Card downloading process is over..!!
For admission to Ph.D programmes for January 2018 (Intake) of the session 2017-18 candidates need to register and fill the application from 06.12.2017 ONLINE only by accessing the website http://www.cuchd.in on or before the last date of application.
- Apply Online – Process Over..!!
Application Fee: Rs. 1100/-
- Deposit the requisite fee of Rs. 1,100/- (Rs. One Thousand One Hundred Only) through NetBanking/Debit/Credit Card after Registration.
- Deposit the requisite fee of Rs. 1,100/- (Rs. One Thousand One Hundred Only) in any branch of State Bank of India throughout the country on next working day. (Bank Service Charges will be extra) on downloaded bank challan form alongwith completed application form.
- Bank will retain a copy and will return two copies to you. Out of these two copies, retain the Candidate’s copy with you and attach the Chandigarh University’s copy with the application form.
How to Apply?
Before applying, candidates are advised to read the Ph.D. Information Brochure 2016-17 carefully. Candidates must follow the following Steps while applying online Application Form.
Step 1: Apply for PhD Programme
- Apply Online.
- Finalize Application Form
- Download Application Form and Bank Challan simultaneously (Take a print out of the entire file on A4 size white sheets)
- Pay the Application Fee
- Paste your recent photograph (3.5 cm X 3.5 cm) at the designated place.
- Sign at the designated place.
Submission Before submission of your application form, make sure that, in addition to the above other relevant documents as indicated below are attached:
- Chandigarh University copy of challan
- GATE/NET Certificate (if applicable)
- Copies of all the marksheets, degree certificates, or provisional certificate if they have passed their qualifying degree.
- Copy of OBC/SC/ST/PD category certificate if any.
- Copy of experience and NOC certificate for part time candidates.
All documents can be handed over personally to the DEAN RESEARCH OFFICE, CHANDIGARH UNIVERSITY, GHARUAN, MOHALI, PUNJAB on or before December 15, 2017.
Minimum Educational Qualification
The minimum educational qualifications for admission to the Ph.D programme of the Institute are as follows:
Ph.D in Engineering
Candidates with a Masters degree in Engineering/Technology with a good academic record (minimum CGPA of 5.5 on a 10 point scale or 55% marks in aggregate where marks are awarded).
Admission of a Ph.D candidate in a department/school other than his/her basic background: Suitability of a candidate is the purview of admission committee, if a candidate qaulifies the test and interview then he/she should be allowed to pursue PhD Program. However, the admission committee may recommed additional courses for the candidate to clear.
Ph.D in Computer Applications
Master’s degree in Computer Applications/ Computer Science / Information Technology or equipment with a good academic record (minimum CGPA of 5.5 on a 10 point scale or 55% marks in aggregate where marks are awarded) and having a valid score in GATE/UGC/CSIR-NET/CU-Ph.D Entrance Test.
Ph.D in Sciences
Masters degree in Sciences with a good academic record (minimum CGPA of 5.5 on a 10 point scale or 55% marks in aggregate where marks are awarded) and having a valid score in GATE UGC/CSIR-NET/NBHM /CU-Ph.D Entrance Test or equivalent qualification tenable for the current year in the relevant area.
Ph.D in Management
MBA / MCom degree or equivalent PG Diploma or Associateship in a relevant discipline, and a Bachelors degree with a good academic record OR Five year integrated masters degree / dual degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline with a good academic record (minimum CGPA of 5.5 on a 10 point scale or 55% marks in aggregate where marks are awarded).
Ph.D. in Bio-Technology
Candidate with a Master’s degree in Bio-Technology/Sciences/ Pharmacy or relevant stream with a good academic record (minimum CGPA of 5.5 on a 10 point scale or 55% marks in aggregate where marks are awarded) and having a valid score in UGC/CSIR-NET/ CU-Ph.D. Entrance Test or equivalent qualification tenable for the current year in the relevant area.
Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Sciences
Candidate with a Master’s degree in Pharmacy/Biology/ Bio-Technology or relevant stream with a good academic record (minimum CGPA of 5.5 on a 10 point scale or 55% marks in aggregate where marks are awarded) and having a valid score in GPAT/UGC/CSIR-NET/CU-Ph.D. Entrance Test or equivalent qualification tenable for the current year in the relevant area.
Ph.D in Forensic Science
Candidates with a Master’s degree in Forensic Sciences and related fields i.e M.A Criminology, Digital Forensic (MCA), LLM, M.Sc. in Life Sciences i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Postgraduate in Social Science, Psychology, Computers, Engineering, Physical Science, Engineering, Ballistics, Arms and Ammunition with good academic record (minimum CGPA of 5.5 on a 10 points scale or 55% marks in aggregate where marks are awarded ) and having a valid score in GPAT /UGC /CSIR / NET / CU-PhDs entrance test or equivalent qualification tenable for the current year in relevant area.
- Eligible candidates possessing the minimum educational qualifications and satisfying additional criteria as set above, will be called for an Interview by the Ph.D Admission Committee.
- Based on the academic record and the performance of the candidates in the interview and/or test, the Admission Committee will recommend to the Vice-Chancellor the names of candidates found suitable for admission to the Ph.D Programme.
Candidates whose selection is approved by the Vice-Chancellor will be admitted to the Ph.D programme after payment of prescribed feees.
Ordinarily, a candidate is not eligible for re-registration for Ph.D after cancellation of his /her earlier registration for any reason. Based on the merits of the individual case and taking into consideration of any special circumstances, a candidates may be considered for re-registration.
For complete detail of Chandigarh University Ph.D Admission 2018 January Session – Download Information Brochure.