Chettinad MBBS Admission 2017 – Chettinad Academy of Research & Education offers admission to MBBS course for the eligible candidates. We expect that for Chettinad MBBS Admission 2017 the institute will look at NEET exam scores for the academic year 2017-2018. Candidates can fill their application form for admission in Chettinad Academy as per schedule. Candidates can check the complete information of Chettinad MBBS Admission 2017 such as application process, eligibility criteria and other information on this page below.
Chettinad Academy cancelled its entrance exam for admission to MBBS Course. Last year Chettinad Academy MBBS Admission was done on the basis of marks obtained in the NEET exam.
To know more about NEET exam, click here.
Chettinad MBBS Admission 2017
Candidates seeking admission in MBBS Course can fill their application form we expecte will be available at university website. As NEET is now the single common medical entrance exam, we expect that in Chettinad University also selection of candidates will be on the rank obtained in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) for admission MBBS Course at Chettinad Academy.
Expected schedule for the Chettinad MBBS Admission 2017 is given below.
|Downloading of Application starts||Jun 2017|
|Last date for receipt of filled in Application||Jul 2017|
Insofar Chettinad University has not yet officially released details of Chettinad MBBS Admission 2017. All information on this page is as per last year’s admission and only for reference. As soon as Chettinad University releases Chettinad MBBS Admission 2017 details, we will update details here.
Following was eligibility criteria last year.
- No domicile restriction and candidates belonging to any State/Union territory of India can apply.
- Candidates should have qualified in the NEET.
- The candidate should have completed the age of 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission to the M.B.B.S. Course.
- Candidate must have passed HSC/CBSE / ISCE in subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Botany and Zoology /Biotechnology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 60% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Botany and Zoology/ Biotechnology.
- Candidates should have passed the HSC/ CBSE/ ISCE Exam in all the subjects in the FIRST ATTEMPT.
- Candidates who have passed the HSC in Vocational stream are not eligible to apply.
Shortlisted candidates will be called for Counselling.
- MBBS Degree Course – (4 ½ years + 1 year CRRI)
- 150 Seats – Including 15% NRI / Foreign category seats which will be filled by a separate application process.
Document to be submitted in original at the time of Counselling
- NEET Result Statement.
- Mark sheet of HSC/ CBSE/ ISCE or its equivalent.
- Conduct Certificate from the Institution last studied.
- Transfer Certificate from the Institution last studied.
- Proof of Date of Birth.
- Community Certificate.
- Migration Certificate (if necessary).
- Certificate of Extracurricular activities.
- Three sets of self attested photo copies of certificates also to be produced.
- Five passport size colour photographs.
Verification of Original Certificates – Verification of original certificates will be made at the time of Counselling. Candidates provisionally selected for admission will have to submit all required original certificates with the University office. Therefore, candidates are advised to keep with them sufficient number of photocopies of their certificates.
Rules for Discontinuance from Course of Study
Where any student applies for discontinuance, or without any application discontinues on his/her own, from the course to which he/she has been admitted to, for any reason, either on or after the cut-off date prescribed by the statutory and/or University authorities for admission to the first year of course concerned or where the seat is rendered vacant without having any chance of being filled up with any other candidate such students will have to remit the tuition fee and other applicable fees for the entire/remaining course period.
Instruction to Candidates
Following were instructions to candidates last year for admission.
- Mere appearance in NEET does not confer any right to the candidate for admission in MBBS Course. The selection and admission of candidate to MBBS course in Chettinad Academy of Research & Education is based on Supreme Court order, MCI, UGC guidelines, and counselling.
- All admissions are subject to fulfillment of all the eligibility conditions prescribed by the University. If it is found at a later stage, that the candidates has given false information/forged certificates or concealed material information, his/her admission will be cancelled without any notice.
- Tutition fees prescribed is for the academic year only. The University reserves the right to change the curriculum, course structure, fees and the rules relating to admission, examinations, etc.
- All disputes arising in the interpretation and implementation of the provisions in this prospectus will be referred to the Vice-Chancellor of this University and his decision shall be final and binding.
- In respect of matters relating to or arising out of this prospectus and application the jurisdiction shall lie in Chennai alone.
- The candidates provisionally selected for admission will have to undergo a medical examination at Chettinad Hospital & Research Institute and only those who are found medically fit will be admitted to the course concerned.
- All fees, once paid to the University account, will not be refunded or adjusted for any other purpose under any circumstance. Tuition fee and other dues shall be paid by due date fixed by the University failing which the name of the defaulting students shall be removed from the rolls of the College after the expiry of due date.
For more detail of Chettinad MBBS Admission – Download Information Brochure. Last year’s brochure is available right now.