Christ University Ph.D. Admission 2018 – Christ University has released notification for admission to various Ph.D. Courses for the academic year 2018-2019. Interested and Eligible candidates can follow the schedule to apply online or offline mode. Complete information like the dates for final submission of form, eligibility criteria etc will be provided below for Ph.D. Admission 2018-19.
Christ University Ph.D. Admission 2018-2019
Applications are invited for full-time Ph.D. Programme under CHRIST JRF/SRF Scheme for individuals with high academic records. Candidates admitted to the Ph.D. programme are eligible to receive CHRIST Junior Research fellowship for eighteen months followed by Senior Research Fellowship for the next eighteen months provided all programme requirements are met.
Schedule for the Christ University Ph.D. Admission 2018 is given below.
|1.||Announcement and issue of Ph.D. Application Form||16 Apr 2018 (for fellowship program)
07 Aug 2018
|2.||Last date of issuing Application Form||31 May 2018 (for fellowship program)
28 Oct 2018
|3.||Last date of receiving filled in Application Form||to be announced|
|4.||Selection Process Admit Card will be generated *||to be announced|
|5.||Written Test & Interview||09 Jun 2018|
|6.||An announcement of Results||to be announced|
|7.||Last date for the Payment Fees||to be announced|
|8.||Inauguration of Ph.D. Course||to be announced|
|9.||Commencement of Ph.D. Course Work -Phase 1 various topics||to be announced|
|10.||Course Work- Phase 2
1-Course content-Advanced research methodology
|to be announced|
|11.||Course Work -Phase 3
Presentation of the second draft copy of the research proposal and copy on various topics
|to be announced|
|12.||Course Work- Phase 4
Final presentation of the research proposal
|to be announced|
Venue of Inauguration / Commencement of PhD Course – Room No.802, Auditorium Block
Christ University Ph.D. Application Form 2018-2019
Candidates seeking admission in Christ University in various Ph.D. programme can apply for this session 2018-19 before the last date prescribed above in schedule. Before applying, candidates must ensure their eligibility to take admission. Candidates can apply online or offline. Application for the Ph.D. programme from given below link.
Application Form: Click here to apply online for P.hD. Program.
To apply offline or in direct mode, candidates can visit Christ University, Office of Admissions, Ground Floor, Central Block, Main Campus, Hosur Road, Bengaluru – 29. Those who apply through direct mode can fill the application online by above link.
The eligibility criteria will be minimum 55% marks in post graduation and M.phil. The students who have cleared UGC-CSIR NET/JRF examination or SLET/GATE examinations and also the students who have worked as JRF for one year in the externally funded major research projects may be exempted from MPhil requirement. In case of internally funded major research projects (MRP), the students may be exempted from MPhil requirement after two years of research experience.
Under certain conditions like students with a high academic performance at postgraduate level, can be directly admitted for the Ph.D. program.
Eligibility requirements: (For exemption only)
- Post Graduate Degree in the related field of Research with not less than 55% marks.
- The candidate must have completed and/or being involved as a Research Associate/ Fellow, in a major research project (sponsored by UGC or any other approved institution) of a specified duration of not less than 2 years.
- The candidates who are doing such research project must have completed at least one year of such research.
- The research project done/being done must be in the faculty area of the Ph.D. Course applied for. Approved Institution for the purpose may be any national or international organization engaged in the field of Research and having recognition as an approved body of research.
- **Candidates seeking admission to PhD in Commerce/Management based on membership of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India / Institute of Cost & Works Accountants of India/ Institute of Company Secretaries of India must have not less than 5 years of post qualification professional / industry experience, as may be acceptable to the University, as equivalent to Research.
- Admission registration fee is Rs 5000 for exemption.
Eligibility For the Fellowship Program June batch:
CHRIST (Deemed to be University) opens applications for Ph.D. in the month of June to motivate full time devoted research from candidates with exceptional postgraduate records and publications. Candidates in the fields of Sciences, Engineering, Humanities, Social Sciences, Commerce, Management, Law, and Education are eligible to apply to the Ph.D. programme. Postgraduate degree holders with exceptional academic records, NET qualified or with having publications in SCOPUS and WoS are invited to apply to the Ph.D. programme.
- Candidates who are UGC-NET and/or MPhil qualified will be preferred.
- Candidates who possess JRF from UGC are also invited to apply to the Ph.D. programme in this intake.
Candidates will be intimated about the selection status (Selected / Wait Listed / Not Selected) through their unique ID login page/application status page on the University website www.christuniversity.in. The selection process results will be declared as mentioned in the important dates.
The selected candidates must process admission at Office of Admissions, Central Block, Christ University Main Campus, of the declaration of Selection results as per the stipulated date and time mentioned in the offer of admission card / by Office of Admissions.
Admission will not be processed without the presence of the candidate and the submission of mandatory original documents mentioned below;
- Copy of statement of marks of Class 10, Class 12, Undergraduate & Postgraduate (Mandatory).
- Original mark statement of the semester I & II / Year I, if candidate is pursuing a two semesters / one year MPhil course (Mandatory).
- Copy of UGC-CSIR NET/JRF examination or SLET/GATE (Mandatory).
- Copy of Transfer Certificate from last qualified Institution and Migration Certificate from last qualified Institution for candidates from outside of Karnataka (If Available).
- Provisional degree certificate / Degree certificate (Convocation certificate) if candidate has completed / graduated in or before November 2017 (Mandatory).
Candidate must print the South Indian bank account opening form attached with the E-Admission card, and carry the copy to process admission. Fields marked with (*) are mandatory. Affix 1 passport size photograph and 1 stamp size photograph in the space provided (Mandatory).
The selected candidates must remit the annual fee at the South Indian Bank, Christ University, main campus branch, on collecting the fee challan from the Office of Admissions, Ground Floor, Central Block, Christ University Main Campus, within the stipulated date and time mentioned in the e-admission card / mentioned by the Office of Admissions or else, the offer of admission will stand cancelled.
The University ID card is a smart card, which is an ID card as well as a South Indian Bank ATM card with a chip containing the student personal details. All transactions within the University campus after the commencement of classes, including fees paid will be processed only through this card. It is also an access card for Library and other restricted places.
Candidates who fall under International student category (ISC), selected, should register with the Foreigner Regional Registration Officer (FRRO / FRO) of the Local Police in Bengaluru, India within 14 working days from the date of admission or arriving in Bengaluru.
Class commencement date and time will be intimated during the admission process for the Academic Year 2017 – 18.
- The University does not collect any donation/capitation fees other than that stipulated as the annual fees.
- All those admitted to the course will have to purchase a laptop at their own cost (If required).
- An admitted student who wishes to avail of bank loan will be provided a recommendation letter after processing the admission by paying the fees for the programme.
- The decision of the admission committee is final and binding.
Click here For more details about the Fee structure, Eligibility.
Official Website: christuniversity.in