Christ University Ph.D. Admission 2020 – Christ University has released an online application form for admission to various Ph.D. for June 2020 Session. Christ University is conducting admission for Ph.D. courses twice a year i.e. June and December. The selection process for admission to Ph.D. courses is comprised of Entrance Examination, Research Skill Assessment, and Personal Interview. Check the details on Christ University Ph.D. Admission 2020 like Availability of form, Eligibility criteria, Selection Procedure, etc, go through this article.
Latest: The exam date for Christ University Ph.D. Admission has been announced. You can check the details from below.
Christ University Ph.D Admission 2020
Applications are invited for full-time Ph.D. Programme under CHRIST JRF/SRF Scheme for individuals with high academic records. Candidates admitted to the Ph.D. program are eligible to receive CHRIST Junior Research fellowship for eighteen months followed by Senior Research Fellowship for the next eighteen months provided all program requirements are met.
|Exam Date||13 Jun 2020|
Christ University Ph.D Application Form 2020
Candidates seeking admission in Christ University in various Ph.D programme are required to create an online registration id by entering their name (as on class 10th marksheet), email id and password. Before applying, candidates must ensure their eligibility for the respective programme they are applying for.
- Application Fee : Rs. 5000/- (Non refundable)
- Mode of application fee payment : Application Fee can be paid through Net Banking, Credit / Debit Card
Step to apply for Ph.D programme.
Step 1 : Visit the official website and register yourself by entering name (as on class 10th Marksheet) and email id. Set password accordingly.
Step 2 : Log into your account and fill up the whole application form.
Step 3 : Scan and upload recent passport size photograph as per the specifications.
Step 4 : Attach the necessary documents in the application form.
Step 5 : Pay the application fees and take a print out of the application form for future reference.
Documents required at the time of filling application form.
- Marksheets of Class 10, 12, Undergraduate and Postgraduate
- If appeared or qualified in MPhil / UGC-CSIR NET / JRF / SRF / SLET / GATE / KSET for Lectureship / Professor (whichever is available), marks or grades sheets.
- Research Proposal in the prescribed format.
- Recent Passport size photograph (3.5 cms x 4.5 cms formal dress with white background)
Christ University Ph.D Admission 2020 – Programmes
Below we have mentioned the Ph.D courses, which is going to be offered in June Batch.
- PhD-Cultural Studies
- PhD-Data Science
- PhD-Computer Science
- PhD-Social Work
- PhD-Media Studies
- PhD-International Studies
- PhD-Mechanical Engineering
- PhD-Information Technology
- PhD-Electronics and Communication Engineering
- PhD-Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- PhD-Computer Science and Engineering
- PhD-Civil Engineering
Christ University Ph.D Eligibility Criteria 2020
Candidates aspiring for Ph.D Admission must fulfill the below given eligibility criteria.
- The eligibility criteria will be minimum 55% marks in post graduation.
- The students who have cleared UGC-NET (including JRF) / UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF) / SLET / GATE / teacher fellowship holder (KSET, SET etc.) or have passed M.Phil Programme shall be exempted from the Entrance Examination and take only a Research Skill Assessment Test along with their Personal Interview.
- Candidates who have qualified UGC-NET (including JRF)/UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF)/SLET/GATE/ teacher fellowship holder (KSET, SET etc.) or have passed M.Phil Programme may apply for PhD programme online, and send the Research Proposal and CV to [email protected] any time of the year.
Note : Students who have completed their post graduation from an international university must submit an equivalency certificate from Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
Christ University Ph.D Admission 2020 – Selection Process
Following is the selection process for Christ University Ph.D Admission.
|Entrance Test||Two hour written test for each candidate|
|Skill Assessment & |
|Skill Assessment &|
|Academic Performance||Assessment of past performance in Degree and MPhil |
and the research proposal during the Personal Interview
Important Instructions regarding selection process.
- The Admit card for selection process will be generated as per mentioned in the important dates.
- Candidates must report at least 30 minutes prior to the allotted time as stipulated in the selection process admit card.
- Those candidates not reaching the venue at the allotted time will not be permitted to take part in the selection process.
- The candidates are requested to start early to avoid traffic last minute rush.
- Request for change in selection process dates and time will not be entertained.
- Candidates have to access their selection process admit card from the link “Application Status” from the University website and print the same.
Christ University Ph.D Admission 2020 Procedure
Candidates will be intimated about the selection status (Selected / Wait Listed / Not Selected) through their unique ID login page/application status page on the University website, i.e., christuniversity.in. The selection process results will be declared as mentioned in the important dates.
The selected candidates must process admission at Office of Admissions, Central Block, Christ University Main Campus, of the declaration of Selection results as per the stipulated date and time mentioned in the offer of admission card / by Office of Admissions.
Admission will not be processed without the presence of the candidate and the submission of mandatory original documents mentioned below;
- Copy of statement of marks of Class 10, Class 12, Undergraduate & Postgraduate (Mandatory).
- Original mark statement of the semester I & II / Year I, if candidate is pursuing a two semesters / one year MPhil course (Mandatory).
- Copy of UGC-CSIR NET/JRF examination or SLET/GATE (Mandatory).
- Copy of Transfer Certificate from last qualified Institution and Migration Certificate from last qualified Institution for candidates from outside of Karnataka (If Available).
- Provisional degree certificate / Degree certificate (Convocation certificate) if candidate has completed / graduated in or before November 2019 (Mandatory).
Christ University Ph.D Admission 2020 – Fee Structure
Following is the Fee structure for Ph.D Programme.
|Category||Full Time PhD||Part Time PhD|
|For Indian Nationals||30,000 INR||60,000 INR|
|For Foreign Nationals / OCI / PIO||450 USD||900 USD|
Time of Payment : All the candidates have to pay the Ist Year fee immediately after confirmation of the admission.
Christ University Ph.D 2020 Admission Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : The Christ University is conducts admission for Ph.D courses twice a year i.e. June and December
Ans : Candidates can apply on the official website of the University.
Ans : Aspirants are required to pay Rs. 5000/- as application form fee for Ph.D. programme.
Ans : No, the application fee is non refundable.
Ans : No, candidates who have cleared GATE shall be exempted from the entrance examination.
Official Website: christuniversity.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.