CITD Admit Card 2017 will be available to download for CITD Entrance Exam 2017 which will be held on 02 Jul 2017. Candidates who have submitted the application form on or before the last date will be eligible to download the admit card for the entrance exam. Admit Card / Hall Ticket is an essential document which needs to be carried at the time of entrance exam. No candidates will be allowed to enter in the examination hall without the print out of admit card. Get here complete details of CITD Admit Card 2017 here.
CITD Entrance exam 2017 will be conducted for admission into M.E. (Tool Design) / M.E. (CAD/CAM) & M.E.(DFM) Courses for the academic year 2017-18.
|Date of Entrance Examination||02 Jul 2017|
CITD Admit Card 2017
Admit Card for CITD Entrance Exam 2017 will be issued on the official website of Central Institute of Tool Design (CITD) Hyderabad i.e. www.citdindia.org. Direct link to download the admit card will also be provided here as per official announcement.
Get CITD Admit Card here – Link to download the admit card for CITD Entrance Exam 2017 will be available here.
Official website where CITD Admit Card 2017 will be available is www.citdindia.org
Entrance Examination will be held at: Main Building, University College of Engineering, Osmania University, Hyderabad-500 007.
Note: The list of eligible candidates for writing the Entrance examination may be seen from the Institute’s website www.citdindia.org. The eligible candidates who have not received Hall Tickets, can collect Duplicate Hall Tickets in person by producing one passport size photograph at CITD, Balanagar, Hyderabad upto one day before commencement of the examination. The Institute is not responsible for any postal delay or delay in collection of Hall Ticket as per schedule by the candidates.
Syllabus for Entrance Examination
(Online/ offline, Objective type)
- M.E (Mech. – CAD/CAM)
- M.E (Mech. – Tool Design)
- M.E (Mech. – Design For Manufacture)
Element of Material Science: Ref: V. Raghavan
- Structure of Metals, Bonding in solids, imperfections of metals, imperfections in crystals, fracture, creep, fatigue and corrosion.
Engineering Metallurgy: Ref: D. Swarup
- Structure of alloys, manufacture of iron and steel, heat treatment of steels, alloy steels, properties and use of common non-ferrous metallurgy, weldability of metals. Materials used for various applications
Kinematics of Machines: Ref: Thomas Bevan
- Velocity and acceleration of simple mechanisms with lower pairs, Cam motions and profiles, friction, belt rope and chain drives, toothed gearing and gear trains, brakes and dynamometers.
Dynamics of Machines: Ref: (i) Shigley (ii) Thomas Bevan.
- Static and dynamic force analysis, flywheels, gyroscopes, vibrations, balancing governess.
Design of Machine Elements: Ref: Shigley, J.E.
- Design considerations, design of joints, shafts, bearings, couplings, belt drive, gear drive, power screws, springs, cranks, connecting rod, piston, eccentric, cross head and flywheel.
Basic Thermodynamics: Ref: Vam Wylen
- Thermodynamic system, temperature, work, heat, first law of thermodynamics, ideal gas, gas mixtures, carnot cycles, reversed carnot cycle, C.O.P., second law of thermodynamics and their corrolaries, properties of pure substance, air standard cycles, psychrometry.
Reciprocating Engines: Ref: E.H. Lewit, V.L. Malleen
- I.C. Engines, classification, working and performance of I.C. Engines, combustion, problems in I.C. Engines, rating of fuels, combustion chambers, reciprocating air compressors and steam refrigeration.
Turbo machines and Compressors: Ref: P.L. Ballaney
- Flow through turbo machines, rotary blowers and compressors, flow through nozzles, steam turbines, gas turbines, jet propulsion.
Heat Transfer: Ref: Gupta and Prakash
- Conduction, convection, heat exchangers, radiation, condensation and boiling.
Hydraulic Machines: Ref: Jagadishlal
- Impact of jets, turbines, centrifugal pumps, reciprocating pumps, ram, accumulator, intensifier.
Instrumentation: Ref: R.K. Jain
- Basic standards, analysis of experimental data, resistance strain gauge, measurement of displacement, temperature, flow force torque, vibrations, acceleration, pressure measuring transducers, photo elastic stress – strain analysis.
Industrial Management: Ref: O.P. Khanna
- Industrial organization, plant layout, material handling, production planning and control, materials, management, work studies, inspection, quality control, cost analysis, operations research.
Foundry, Welding and Forging: Ref: (i) Rosenthal (ii) O.P. Khanna, (iii) Kovan
- Pattern making, moulding, core making melting, cleaning and inspection, heat treatment.
Metrology and Machine Tools: Ref: (i) Jain (ii) Chapman
- Standards of measurement, limits, fits, gauges, measuring instruments, semi automatic lathes, drilling, shaping, planning, slotting, milling, gear cutting, broaching and grinding machines
Metal Cutting: Ref: Bhattacharya
- Physical and thermal aspects of metal cutting, tool wear and tool life, kinematics of machines tools, micro finishing machines ECM, EDM and USM. Plastics, NC machines, jigs and fixtures.