Central Institute of Tool Design (CITD) Hyderabad is conducting the entrance exam for admission into M.E. (Tool Design) / M.E. (CAD/CAM) & M.E.(DFM) Courses for the academic year 2017-18. Interested candidates can check all the details of CITD Entrance Exam 2017 like application form, eligibility criteria, selection procedure etc from the page given below.
CITD Result 2017 Announced! – Check here
Central Institute of Tool Design is an ISO 9001:2008, ISO 29990:2010, ISO 14001:2004, and ISO 50001:2011 certified premier Institute in India to provide specialised training in Tool Engineering, CAD/CAM, Mechatronics & Robotics. The Institute was originally established in the year 1968 by the Govt. of India with the assistance of UNDP and ILO.
CITD Entrance Exam 2017
Applications are invited in the prescribed format for admissions into the following Long Term Courses (Full Time) conducted under Industry-Institution joint programme with UCE, Osmania University, Hyderabad, Approved by AICTE, commencing from August 2017.
The Central Institute of Tool Design is conducting fulltime Post Graduate programmes in Collaboration with University College of Engineering, Osmania University, in:
- M. E (Mechanical – CAD/CAM) – 32 seats
- M. E (Mechanical – Tool Design) – 32 seats
- M. E (Mechanical – Design for Manufacture) – 32 seats
Post Graduate programmes in Engineering prepare the students to enhance their interest and develop skills in specialized areas in the above fields.
Duration: 24 months (4 Semesters)
Schedule for CITD Entrance Exam 2017 is given below.
|Commencement of download of Applications||10 May 2017|
|Last date for submission of filled-in applications||10 Jun 2017|
|Last date for submission of filled-in applications with late fee of Rs. 500/-||20 Jun 2017|
|Date of Entrance Examination||02 Jul 2017|
- M.E (Mech. – CAD/CAM): B.E./B.Tech.in Mech./Production / Mechatronics or equivalent. Minimum of 55% marks in the qualifying examination from the Institutions approved by AICTE.
- M.E (Mech. – Tool Design): B.E./B.Tech. in Mech./Production/Mechatronics or equivalent. Minimum of 55% marks in the qualifying examination from the Institutions approved by AICTE.
- M.E (Mech. – Design For Manufacture): B.E./B.Tech. in Mech./Production/Mechatronics/Automobile/Aeronautical or equivalent. Minimum of 55% marks in the qualifying examination from the Institutions approved by AICTE.
For Industry Sponsered Candidates
- The candidates must have a minimum of two years of full-time professional work experience after passing the qualifying examination in a Registered Firm/Company/Industry/ Educational and Research Institutions/ Govt. Department/ Department of Govt. Autonomous organizations in the relevant field in which admission is being sought.
- There will be no age restriction. However, preference will be given to those who are below 45 years of age.
- A letter from the employer must be furnished sponsoring the candidate for admission into M.E.(Mech. – CAD/CAM) / M.E. (Tool Design)/M.E. (DFM). The employer should also indicate that the candidate sponsored will not be withdrawn midway till the completion of the course.
- Candidates under all categories will be selected based on the rank obtained in the Entrance examination.
- Reservation for SC/ST/PWD quota exists as per Govt. of India norms.
General Terms and Conditions
- The Institute reserves the right not to conduct any course at its sole discretion.
- The course fee for next semester should be paid i.e. by 31st January/31st July every year. A late fee of Rs. 1000/- per week subject to the maximum of two weeks will be levied if the semester fee is not paid in time. Thereafter defaulters are liable to be terminated from training. Their results of previous semester will be with held and they will not be allowed to attend the next semester.
- The candidates have to place a caution deposit of Rs.1,000/- at the time of admission refundable on completion of the course. If the trainees causes any damage to the Institute property, the caution deposit will not be refunded.
- No traveling allowance or any other allowance will be paid for attending entrance examination, joining the course or on termination thereof.
- Limited hostel facility is available and the candidates are advised to make their own arrangements for boarding and lodging.
- The student shall not cause any damage or loss to the property of the Institute / University, failing which they are liable to bear the loss.
- Any information given in the application by the candidate, if found incorrect after selection to the course, is liable for such punishment as may be deemed fit including his/her disqualification and/or dismissal from the course.
- Once the selected candidates report for the course and pay the fee by the prescribed date, the admissions are treated as closed and the waiting list ceases. Fee once paid will not be refunded.
- The Institute reserves the right to terminate the student at any time at its discretion for misconduct/indiscipline, breach of rules, etc. In such an event the course fee paid by the candidates shall not be refunded
- The rules are liable for change from time to time depending upon exigencies of the course.
- All matters concerning the admissions and conducting the courses shall be subject to Hyderabad jurisdiction only.