Central Institute of Tool Design (CITD) Hyderabad is conducting the entrance exam for admission into M.E. (Tool Design) / M.E. (CAD/CAM) & M.E.(DFM) Courses for the academic year 2018-19. Interested candidates can check all the details of CITD Entrance Exam 2018 like application form, eligibility criteria, selection procedure etc from the page given below.
Central Institute of Tool Design is an ISO 9001:2008, ISO 29990:2010, ISO 14001:2004, and ISO 50001:2011 certified premier Institute in India to provide specialised training in Tool Engineering, CAD/CAM, Mechatronics & Robotics. The Institute was originally established in the year 1968 by the Govt. of India with the assistance of UNDP and ILO.
CITD Entrance Exam 2018
Applications are invited in the prescribed format for admissions into the following courses (Full Time) conducted under Industry Institution joint programme with University College of Engineering, Osmania University, Hyderabad, Approved by AICTE, commencing from August 2018.
Central Institute of Tool Design is conducting full-time Post Graduate programmes in collaboration with University College of Engineering, Osmania University, in :
- M.E. Mechanical CAD/CAM (MECC): 32 Seats
- M.E. Tool Design (METD): 32 Seats
- M.E. Design for Manufacture (MEDFM): 32 Seats
Schedule for CITD Entrance Exam 2018 is given below.
|Commencement of download of Applications||23 May 2018|
|Last date for submission of filled-in applications|
|Last date for submission of filled-in applications with late fee of Rs. 500/-||27 Jun 2018|
|Date of Entrance Examination||01 Jul 2018|
- For M.E. (Mech. – CAD/CAM): B.E./B.Tech.in Mechanical Engineering/Production Engineering/ Mechatronics Engineering or equivalent. Minimum of 55% marks in the qualifying examination from the Institutions approved by AICTE.
- For M.E. (Tool Design): B.E./B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering/Production Engineering or equivalent. Minimum of 55% marks in the qualifying examination from the Institutions approved by AICTE.
- For M.E. (Design for Manufacture): B.E. / B. Tech. Mechanical Engineering /Production Engineering / Mechatronics Engineering / Automobile Engineering / Aeronautical Engineering or equivalent. Minimum of 55% of marks in the qualifying examination from the Institution approved by AICTE.
- Age Limit: No age limit. However, candidates below 45 years of age are preferred.
For Industry Sponsored Candidates:
- The candidates must have a minimum of two years of full-time professional work experience after passing the qualifying examination in a Registered Firm/ Company/ Industry/ Educational and Research Institutions/ Govt. Department/ Govt. Autonomous organizations in the relevant field in which admission is being sought.
- There will be no age restriction. However, preference will be given to those who are below 45 years of age.
- A letter from the employer must be furnished sponsoring the candidate for admission into M.E.(Mech. – CAD/CAM) / M.E. (Tool Design)/ M.E. (DFM) . The employer should also indicate that the candidate sponsored will not be withdrawn midway till the completion of the course.
Application Form for CITD Entrance Exam 2018 has been released at the official website. Candidates who are interested to take admission into M.E. (Tool Design) / M.E. (CAD/CAM) & M.E.(DFM) Courses for the academic year 2018-19 has to filed the application which can be obtained by downloading it from the official website. Application form must be filled and submitted don or before its last date. Before filling the application form candidates must ensure their eligibility.
Rs.800/- for general and Rs 400/- for SC/ST category candidates and for PWD candidates fully exempted. However SC/ST/PWD category candidates need to enclose proof of their category duly attested by a Gazetted Officer.
- Admission is purely based on the rank obtained in the Entrance Test to be conducted by University College of Engineering, OU, Hyderabad.
- Rank holders of GATE also need to qualify themselves in the entrance examination.
- Reservation for SC/ST/PWD quota exists as per Govt. of India norms.
Provisional List of Selected Candidates
The provisional list of selected candidates will be displayed on Website/Notice Board of Central Institute of Tool Design, Balanagar, Hyderabad. Candidates have to be present themselves on July 16, 2018 with all the original certificates & prescribed fees, to be considered for admission at 10.00 a.m., at CITD, Balanagar, Hyderabad. For seats falling vacant, if any, such candidates desirous of seeking admission in the second & final phase have to be present themselves on July 23, 2018 at 10.00 a.m. with all original certificates and prescribed fee.
For Self Sponsored:
The candidates selected have to remit course fee of Rs. 41,000/- per semester at the beginning of each semester either in Online Mode, Bank Challan or DD in favour of the Principal Director, CITD, Hyderabad.
For Industry Sponsored:
The candidates selected have to remit course fee of Rs. 51,000/- per semester at the beginning of each semester either in Online Mode, Bank Challan or DD in favour of the Principal Director, CITD, Hyderabad. In addition, the candidates have also to pay one time Autonomy fee of Rs.9,770/-( OU Autonomy) at the time of admission.
Official Website: www.citdindia.org