|Exam||Last Date||Apply Now|
|CAT||25 Sep 2017||Click Here|
|SNAP||24 Nov 2017||Click Here|
|NMAT||03 Oct 2017||Click Here|
|XAT||30 Nov 2017||Click Here|
CMC Ludhiana PG Admission 2017 – Christian Medical College Ludhiana has announced that PG Medical Admission 2017 is through NEET 2017. CBSE is organizing National Eligibility cum Entrance Test on all-India level. Admission to Post Graduate courses at CMC Ludhiana will now be as per NEET exam. Hence, candidates interested in CMC Ludhaia PG Admission 2017 for MD, MS, PG Diploma need to appear in NEET 2017. Qualified candidates can take part in counselling and seat allotment provided that they are eligible. CMC Ludhiana will allot seats as open and sponsored. You can know here all about CMC Ludhiana PG Admission 2017 for MD, MS, PG Diploma through NEET 2017.
CMC Ludhiana PG Admission 2017
CMC Ludhiana has published that PG Admission 2017 is based on merit in the NEET PG 2017. Candidates are requested to keep in mind that there will not be a separate CMC Ludhiana PG Entrance Exam 2017. CMC Ludhiana PG Admission was on basis of CMC Ludhiana PG Entrance till last year.
CMC Ludhiana PG Medical Counselling Postponed
Christian Medical College Ludhiana Society has approached the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India regarding the matter of Post Graduate Counselling 2017, vide Case No. W.P (C) No.102 of 2017. The matter was heard today and is further listed for hearing next week. In view of this, the counselling scheduled for 17th and 18th February is herewith postponed. Further date of counselling will be informed after the Hon’ble Supreme Court order.
Latest Update: – With reference to the matter filed before the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India in CMC Writ Petition (C) No. 102/2017 and (C) No. 171/2017, orders were awaited on 20th April 2017. Baba Farid University of Health Sciences Faridkot displayed a counselling notice after 5 pm on 11th April 2017 notifying counselling for PG Admissions 2017 on 13th to 15th April. In response to this, CMC filed an IA regarding the same.
NEET PG Result 2017
You can check result of National Eligibility cum Entrance Test 2017 online. National Board of Examinations (NBE) evaluates and publishes NEET PG Result 2017.
CMC Ludhiana PG Admission 2017 – Admission to MD, MS and PG Diploma at CMC Ludhiana is offered purely on the basis of merit in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test. There are all in all total 56 Degree Seats and 24 PG Diploma seats. Details for the same is given below.
You can seek to opt for college sponsorship at CMC Ludhiana if you are eligible for it.
In order to be eligible for college sponsorship, here are are few points you need to fulfill.
- You are a CMC graduate who has completed 2 years of service agreement with Christian Medical College Ludhiana Society or supporting bodies for sponsorship for the Undergraduate course.
- You have finished 2 years service at CMC Ludhiana or hospitals of the supporting bodies.
- Your standing with previous employers is good and also you do not have any disciplinary action in the past.
- Once you complete postgraduate course you will fulfill 3 years service agreement in CMC Ludhiana or any of the affiliated hospitals deputed in.
If you are eligible for college sponsorship, then apply before December 30, 2016. Christian Medical College Ludhiana will shortlist candidates and then call them for interviews on January 3, 2017.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE ON COLLEGE SPONSORSHIP
CMC Ludhiana PG Admission Important Dates 2017
Dates for application form, seat allotment, and admission are announced. Following table contains dates of CMC Ludhiana PG Admission 2017.
|Prospectus for CMC Ludhiana PG Admission||24 Dec 2016|
|Declaration of NEET PG Result 2017||By 15 Jan 2017|
|Last date for Online Submission||31 Jan 2017|
|Online Submission of NEET Score||15 Jan to 25 Jan 2017|
|Last date for Receipt of Printed Applications||28 Jan 2017|
|Declaration of Merit List (Category A & B)||9 Feb 2017|
|Declaration of Merit List (NRI)||9 Feb 2017|
|Counselling||17 Feb 2017|
|Orientation, Medical Examination & BLS Course||30 & 31 Mar 2017|
|Reporting to Teaching Departments||03 Apr 2017|
For All Candidates
All admissions shall be based on the eligibility as per the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET PG 2017) and the marks for minimum 2 years service in the peripheral hospitals.
- The candidate must be an Indian National
- A candidate who holds MBBS degree from a medical college recognized by MCI or a foreign medical degree included in the schedules to the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956 and who has obtained full registration from the Medical Council of India or any of the State Medical Councils after completing compulsory rotating internship shall be eligible for admission to Christian Medical College, Ludhiana.
- Candidates who have obtained their MBBS from colleges which are not recognized by Medical Council of India will not be granted admission.
- An Indian National who qualified from a Foreign University/School must produce an eligibility certificate recognizing the qualifying examination as equivalent to MBBS, as recognized by the Baba Farid University of Health Sciences and the Medical Council of India. This may be obtained from the
- Registrar, Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Kotkapura Road, Faridkot- 151203, Punjab, http://www.bfuhs.ac.in
- The Secretary, Medical Council of India (MCI), Sector-8, Pocket-14, Dwarka-1, New Delhi-110075. http://www.mciindia.org
- A candidate who after passing the final qualifying examination (MBBS or the foreign Medical degree recognized by MCI) is undergoing 12 month compulsory internship / practical training and is likely to complete the same by 31.03.2017 can take the examination but he/ she shall not be eligible for admission unless he / she has completed the compulsory rotating internship and obtained full registration on or before 31.03.2017, or the candidate produces a certificate from the head of institution certifying that he / she will be completing internship by 31.03.2017
- No condonation of compulsory rotating internship shall be accepted unless approved by the Medical Council of India along with necessary proof of the approval of the Medical Council of India. The condonation of compulsory rotating internship shall be restricted to the period up to 31.03.2017 and not beyond that date.
- Registration with the MCI / State Medical council is necessary and its documentary proof shall be furnished at the time of counselling.
- PG Diploma candidates currently registered for a diploma course under any university including Baba Farid University of Health Sciences may only be considered as per the existing rules and regulations of Baba Farid University of Health Sciences.
- Service obligation: An applicant, who is expected to complete the service obligation in lieu of Service Commitment (for MBBS/PG-Diploma) by 31.03.2017, may apply. A letter to this effect must be provided, along with the application, from the Principal of the concerned Medical College or authorized representative of the Body/ Church or any other appropriate authority. Applicants should have completed a minimum of 2 years of service obligation by 31.03.2017, allowing for adjustment of un-availed leave, if any.
- The primary aim of the Christian Medical College, Ludhiana is to make a significant contribution to the health standards of all communities of our nation with a special emphasis on health care in the rural underserved and unreached areas/communities in India. This mandate is fulfilled by graduates who fulfill their service obligation by working in such areas, participating in preventive and curative medicine and understanding the needs of the society.
- NRI Candidates interested in applying to the NRI Category should apply on the NRI application form and ensure all eligibility criteria are fulfilled (before applying), as per guidelines of the Baba Farid University of Health Sciences. Such candidates should submit „Proof of NRI‟ and the Eligibility Certificate obtained from the Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot, Punjab.
For Open Candidates (Category A)
Following applicants are also eligible to apply for the Open General seats (without service commitment- Category A)
- MBBS graduates of CMC Ludhiana and CMC Vellore with a service commitment who have completed at least 2 years of the service, as per agreement for service obligation made with the body/ church at the time of MBBS admission. Such applicants must produce a detailed certificate showing the period of service rendered by the applicant, mentioning the dates and the place(s) where the applicant worked in this connection. This must be issued by the authorized signatory of the body/ church of the CMCL Society to this effect, stating that the body/ church has no objection for the applicant to apply.
- CMC Ludhiana graduates having original Service Agreement with the Christian Medical College, Ludhiana who are pursuing the service and who will complete minimum 2 years of the service by 31-03-2017 as per agreement with Christian Medical College Ludhiana Society (Regd.), at the time of MBBS admission.
- Such applicants must produce a letter to this effect from the Principal of Christian Medical College, Ludhiana mentioning the period of service rendered with dates and areas of service along with a no-objection certificate
- For MBBS graduates of other colleges, a no-objection certificate from the Principal or appropriate authority along with a certificate of completion of any agreement or obligation for MBBS program, if applicable, should be provided at time of counselling.
For candidates in ‘Category with service commitment’ – Category B
Candidates who have applied under Category B (i) and (ii) should apply to one of the authorized members of the Christian Medical College Ludhiana Society for endorsement for this category. A candidate must be endorsed for the category and for a particular Stream (Surgical, Medical, Basic Sciences )/Subject by the member of CMC Ludhiana Society. The list of members of the society is given in annexure A. The “Letter of Service Commitment”, duly signed by the authorized signatory should mandatorily reach the office of the Registrar, CMC Ludhiana, by 20th January 2017. Candidates in this category are required to submit an “Affidavit of Service” and the “Letter of Service Commitment”. Christian candidates should also submit photocopies of church membership certificate, baptism certificate and confirmation certificate (if applicable), along with the printed application form to be considered in this category by the due date, 20th January 2017.
Candidates applying in category B (i) and (ii) but have not submitted relevant documents for verification by the last date, will be considered in category A. No enquiries regarding change of categories will be entertained after submission of Online Application form.
All candidates who have opted for and are selected in category B are required to enter into a service agreement with the respective member body of the Christian Medical College Ludhiana Society without which admission will not be granted. Service Commitment is for a minimum period of two years for diploma & three years for degree, after completion of the course, in a hospital or in an institution prescribed by Christian Medical College Ludhiana Society or the Supporting Body/Church.
For NRI Candidates – Category C
Non-Resident Indian (NRI)
An Indian Citizen who stays abroad for employment/carrying on business, to pursue a vocation outside India or under circumstances indicating an intention for an uncertain duration of stay abroad is a non-resident. (Persons posted in U.N. organizations and officials deputed abroad by Central/State Governments and Public Sector undertakings on temporary assignments are also treated as non-residents). Non-resident foreign citizens of Indian Origin are treated on par with non-resident Indian citizens (NRIs) for the purpose of certain facilities.
Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)
For the purposes of availing of the facilities of opening and maintenance of bank accounts and investments in shares/securities in India, Person of Indian Origin means a citizen of any country other than Pakistan or Bangladesh if,
- He at any time, held an Indian passport
- He or either of his parents or any of his grandparents was a citizen of India by virtue of the Constitution of India or Citizenship Act, 1955 (57 of 1995)
- The person is a spouse of an Indian citizen
- For investments in immovable properties, Person of Indian Origin means an individual (not being a citizen of Pakistan or Bangladesh or Afghanistan or Bhutan or Sri Lanka or Nepal or China or Iran)
- Who at any time, held an Indian passport
- Who or either of whose father or whose grandfather was a citizen of India by virtue of the Constitution of India or the Citizenship Act, 1955 (57 of 1955)
- Proof of NRI (as given below and as may be applicable) must be submitted
- Passport with appropriate Visa
- PIO/OCI card
- Certificate from Employer proving NRI status of Parent
- Certificate attesting the NRI status from Indian Embassy / Consulate
- Citizenship of another country with proof of origin in India for parents
CMC Ludhiana PG Seats Categorization & Distribution
Category with Service Commitment
- For Christian candidates who had a service obligation for MBBS and have completed at least two years of service obligation as part of agreement for their MBBS Service Commitment.
- Candidates who had served in CMC Ludhiana or any hospital of the church / bodies of CMC Ludhiana Society for a period of two years or more after completion of internship. The candidate must have a certificate to this effect from the authorized signatory of the member body.
NRI Category: For NRI candidates Only. Proof of NRI and Eligibility certificate (to be obtained from Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot) has to be submitted.
Candidates are encouraged to work in CMC Ludhiana in areas of interest soon after graduation (MBBS) to familiarize themselves and identify the subjects of their interest and to get experience.
The Post graduate degree Courses (MD&MS) are of 3 years duration and Post graduate Diploma Courses of 2 years duration and this period must be completed before the candidates are permitted to appear for the Post Graduate Examination. Senior Residency of at least One year, on successful completion of the Post Graduate course, is essential to complete practical training.
CMC Ludhiana PG Distribution of Seats
For complete details of CMC Ludhiana PG Medical Admission 2017 – Download Information Brochure