College of Engineering Munnar will be releasing a notification for admission to M.Tech. Postgraduate Degree Programmes for the academic year 2020-21. Interested candidates need to read the complete details of College of Engineering Munnar M.Tech Admission 2020 from the notification before filling the application form. We have provided here all the details regarding M.Tech Admission 2020 such application form, eligibility criteria, seats intake, selection procedure etc. on this page.
College of Engineering Munnar M.Tech Admission 2020
Post Graduate Degree Courses in Engineering are being offered to the graduates in Engineering, in this College for awarding Masters Degree in the three branches by the APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University (KTU) . The course shall extent over a period of 24 months consisting of 4 semesters.
Schedule for College of Engineering Munnar M.Tech Admission 2020 is given below.
|Schedule of selection/ admission||Dates|
|Filling up of Application form in website||2nd week of Jul 2020|
|Last date to receive the printed application form||Last week of Jul 2020|
|Date of publishing Rank List||Last week of Jul 2020|
|Dates of admission & remittance of fee||Last week of Jul 2020|
|Date of Joining||Last week of Jul 2020|
|Commencement of Classes||1st week of Aug 2020|
Eligibility for admission
- The candidates shall be an Indian National.
- The candidates should have studied the Graduate course in an institution approved by the AICTE/Deemed Universities.
- Candidates should have a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in the Engineering Degree examination. For SC/ST candidates a pass in the Engineering Degree Examination is sufficient.
- Candidates, who have passed AMIE / AMIETE Examinations and satisfying the following conditions, are eligible for admission.
- They must have valid GATE score.
- A minimum of 55% marks for section B in AMIE/AMIETE examination.
- Minimum three years of Professional experience in the field of Specialization after acquiring the qualifying degree.
- Candidates who have appeared for the final semester examination can also apply, provided he/she has passed all the subjects up to and including the 6th semester exam. Selection of such candidates shall be subject to the production of qualifying degree – satisfying clauses V (a) to (d) as applicable.
- Admission shall normally be restricted to those with valid GATE score. However, this stipulation is relaxed in the case of Sponsored candidates.
- In case seats remain vacant due to lack of candidates with valid GATE score, candidates from Kerala State without valid GATE score will be considered against such vacancies. If seats are still remaining vacant, candidates from other states will be considered for admission.
Applications should be filled online for B categories of seats; logging on to the College website www.cemunnar.ac.in . The different entries in the application are to be filled with extreme care, as this information is used for preparing the rank list. Candidates can fill the online application form from the given below link as per the schedule.
A printout of the filled up application for the purpose should be taken by applicants seeking admission directly by the College and sent with copies of the following documents, to the Principal, College of Engineering Munnar P.B.No.45, County Hills, Munnar- 685612
- Engineering Degree certificate and Mark lists up to 8 th semester Or Course completion certificate and Mark lists up to 6 th semester
- GATE Score card (for Candidates with valid GATE Score)
- Community and Income certificate issued by the village officer for candidates who claim admission under SEBC quota.
- Community certificate issued by the Tahsildar for candidates who claim eligibility for relaxation/ reservation under SC/ST quota.
- True copy of professional experience certificate from the Head of the organizations where the candidate is working in case of those who passed AMIE/AMIETE.
- Nativity Certificate issued by the Village Officer (for Non-GATE candidates).
- Sponsorship Certificate (if applicable).
Reservation of seats (for admission through DTE)
as per last year
- 5% Seats are reserved for candidates belonging to SEBC. Only candidates belonging to SEBC communities having annual income less than Rs 4.5 lakhs will be eligible for reservation under this category.
- 15% Seats are reserved for SC/ST Candidates.
- The seats reserved for each category will be distributed among the eligible communities by observing the pattern of general reservation rules of the state.
- 3% seats are reserved for physically handicapped candidates.
Selection of Candidates
Allotment list will be prepared and published in the College, as well as in the website, www.cemunnar.ac.in. Selected candidates will be intimated through phone also from the college office.
Selected candidates have to remit the fee in the College on or before the last date; published in the College/ website.
Transfer Certificate issued from the institutions last attended must be produced at the time of admission.
The selection of Candidates will be provisional and subject to verification of original documents by the Principal at the time of admission.
Details of Specializations and Intake
as per last year
|Specialization||Total Intake||Admission by College||Admission through DTE|
|Computer & Information Science||18||6||12|
|VLSI & Embedded Systems||18||6||12|
Scholarship is available for candidates with valid GATE Score at the rate of Rs. 12400/- per month as per AICTE norms for the total period of 24 months subject to the following conditions.
- Each student shall undertake 8 to 10 hours of work per week related to teaching and research activities as assigned by the institutions.
- The student shall give an undertaking to the effect that he/she will not leave the course midway or appear for any Competitive examination not related to Engineering and Technology.
- The students shall not receive any emoluments, salary, stipend etc. from any other source during the course of study.
- The Students eligible to receive Gate Scholarship should have valid bank account which is linked with their Aadhar card number
as per last year
|Particulars of fee||Amount(Rs.)|
|Tuition Fee||12000/ Semester|
|University Examination Fee||1500/ Semester|
|Stationery & Internet fee||400/ Semester|
|Special Fee||3500 / Annually|
|Medical Insurance Fee||100 / Annually|
|Establishment Fund||1250 / Annually|
|Senate Fee||600 / Annually|
|Library fee||500 / Annually|
|TOTAL MISC FEE / YEAR||5950|
|Caution Deposit (Refundable)||5000 / One time|
|University Registration Fee||1000 / One time|
|Admission Fee||500 / One time|
|PTA Fund||4000 / One time|
|Placement fund||1000 / One time|
|Sports Fee||500 / One time|
College of Engineering Munnar M.Tech Admission 2020 – Check Last year’s Details.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.