ICSI CS Foundation 2017 refers to the Company Secretaries Foundation 2017. The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) holds CS Foundation Dec 2017 and CS Foundation December 2017. Candidates can appear in CS Foundation programme examination to clear first level of Company Secretaries course.
Latest – ICSI CS Foundation 2017 Exam Result has been declared. Check it through the link provided below.
ICSI CS Foundation 2017
Upcoming CS Foundation Dec 2017 exam time table released along with the detailed programme. Interested aspirants may appear in the exam on these dates.
Important dates of CS Foundation 2017
|CS Foundation Dec 2017 examination enrolment application ends on date||to be announced|
|CS Foundation Dec 2017 examination enrolment application with late fee ends on date||to be announced|
|Candidates can apply for paper wise exemption for Company Secretaries Dec 2017 until this date||to be announced|
|Availability of admit cards||to be announced|
|Results announcement. CS Foundation Dec 2017 Result declaration date||to be announced|
|Cut off date for registering in Company Secretaries Foundation Course to appear in December 2017 exam||to be announced|
|Enrolment application form last date for Dec 2017 exam||to be announced|
|Enrolment application form with late fee last date for Dec 2017 exam||to be announced|
|Candidates can apply for paper wise exemption for Company Secretaries December 2017 until this date||to be announced|
|Cut off date for registering in Company Secretaries Foundation Course to appear in June 2018 exam||to be announced|
CS Foundation Dec 2017 Time Table
|1||29 Dec 2017||9.30 am – 11 am||I||Paper 1
|Business Environment and Entrepreneurship
Business Management, Ethics and Communication
|2||29 Dec 2017||12 noon – 1.30 pm||II|
|3||29 Dec 2017||2.30 pm – 4 pm||III|
|4||29 Dec 2017||5 pm – 6.30 pm||IV|
|5||30 Dec 2017||9.30 am – 11 am||I||Paper 3
Fundamentals of Accounting and Auditing
|6||30 Dec 2017||12 noon – 1.30 pm||II|
|7||30 Dec 2017||2.30 pm – 4 pm||III|
|8||30 Dec 2017||5 pm – 6.30 pm||IV|
Complete details of ICSI CS Foundation Programme 2017 such as registration, application form submission, examination, admit card, and results announce online. Eligible students who wish to take up company secretaryship profession, can know all about the CS Foundation programme, the first of three stages for ICSI CS.
Candidates please note that only exam dates has been announced yet. Other details updated on this page as per the last session. As soon as ICSI CS Foundation 2017 – Dec Session will be announced, same will be updated here.
Eligibility for CS Foundation Programme
Candidates who have passed class XII or equivalent examination of a recognized board / university, can join the CS Foundation Programme. ICSI has not prescribed any minimum percentage of marks to be secured in Senior Secondary level to register for CS Foundation Examination Dec 2017.
Class 10+2 pass students from Arts, Science or Commerce stream (Excluding Fine Arts) are eligible for ICSI CS Foundation programme.
CS Foundation Dec 2017 Exam Pattern
The examination pattern of the CS Foundation 2017 examination is as follows.
- There will be four papers containing 50 questions each.
- For each correct answer, candidate will be awarded 2 marks.
- Maximum marks to be scored in each paper is 100.
- The papers are as follows – (1) Business Environment and Entrepreneurship, (2) Business Management, Ethics and Communication, (3) Business Economics, (4) Fundamentals of Accounting and Auditing.
Above exam pattern is as per previous CS Foundation exams.
Qualifying / Cut offs
A candidate shall be declared to have passed in the Foundation Programme examination if he/she obtains at one sitting a minimum of forty per cent marks in each subject and fifty per cent marks in the aggregate of all subjects.
CS Foundation Dec 2017 Exam Enrollment Application Form
Fill CS Foundation Dec 2017 exam enrollment application form to appear in CS Foundation Dec 2017 examination.
Apply for CS Foundation Dec 2017 Examination
Candidates can apply online for the examination from icsi.in or follow links given above. Log in to accounts and submit the examination form along with the examination fee through available payment mode. A separate link for enrolment would be provided on the Institute’s website.
The examination will be held as per time table given above. Some key points aspirants need to note are as follows.
- Complete the registration for CS Foundation programme, well in time.
- You will be issued admit card for CS exams at least 15 days before the exam date. Know more about the ICSI CS Foundation Dec 2017 Admit Cards on admit card page.
- Results shall be declared online for all CS candidates.
- After clearing the CS Foundation Dec 2017 exam, you can register for the CS Executive programme.
Details of the Computer Based Examination
- In CBE, a candidate appears for the examination, which is conducted entirely through computer thus replacing use of paper and pen in the examination.
- The computer interface is easy to use and requires no previous knowledge of computer. Candidates would be required to sit before a computer terminal and use computer-mouse while attempting the questions. Therefore the candidates, at the most, need to know only how to use computer-mouse in CBE. IT professional(s) will remain present to assist the candidates in case of any eventuality.
- CS Foundation Examination would be held in all those cities in India and abroad where the Institute’s existing examinations are held and it shall be conducted at specified examination centres/venues. However, the address of examination centre/venue would be provided on the Candidates’ Admit Card.
- There would be 50 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) of two marks each in every subject of CBE. On day one, candidates would be examined in Paper -1 and Paper – 2, carrying 100 MCQs in all, which would be required to be attempted in 90 minutes session of examination. Similar pattern would be followed on day two for Paper – 3 and Paper – 4, as per the schedule of examination given above.
Practice test will be available on the ICSI website. A candidate can practice as many times as he/she wants. This will allow the candidates to get acquainted with the format of Computer Based Examination in simulation environment.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How to answer a question in Computer Based Examination?
The Questions may be answered in any order within the stipulated examination time. Each question shall be followed by four alternative answers marked as A, B, C and D. In order to answer a question a candidate would “click” the option/answer, which he/she thinks, as the most appropriate/correct. The option, so clicked will be highlighted, automatically saved and treated as “answer” given by the candidate.
Candidate should report at least one hour before the scheduled time of start of examination.
Is there any negative marking for the wrong answer?
No. There is no negative marking for the wrong answer.
Can a candidate skip any question and return to the same later on?
A candidate can answer the question in any order he/she likes to attempt. In case a candidate does not wish to answer any question, he/she should not “click” answer for that question and instead “click” next question.
Can a candidate review his/her answer?
A candidate has the option to “bookmark” any question to review at a later stage before clicking the “Finish” button.
Can a candidate change his/her answer to any question?
Yes. A candidate can make changes in his/her answer(s) already chosen, by simply clicking the other alternate answer of his/her choice at any time before conclusion of examination or before clicking “Finish” button.
If you have any queries regarding ICSI CS Foundation 2016 examination, please ask in comments below.