ICSI CS Foundation 2018 refers to the Company Secretaries Foundation 2018. The last date to Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) will hold CS Foundation Dec 2018 examination. The candidates who have passed the Senior Secondary School Examination under 10+2 scheme of a recognized Board or equivalent may seek admission to Foundation Programme. The CS Foundation Dec examination will be held on the month of December 2018. The CS Foundation examination is conducted in June and December every year. Check more details about ICSI Company Secretaries (CS) Foundation Dec 2018 from this page.
ICSI CS Foundation 2018
The result for CS Foundation Jun 2018 has been announced on the month of August 2018. However, those who will be appearing for ICSI CS Foundation Dec 2018 can check the exam schedule from the table below.
Important dates of CS Foundation 2018
|Event||June 2018||December 2018|
|Last Date of Acceptance of Application for Foundation Program||30 Sep 2018||31 Mar 2018|
|Examination enrolment application ends on date||25 Mar 2018||25 Sep 2018|
|Examination enrolment application with late fee ends on date||09 Apr 2018||10 Oct 2018|
|Last Date for paper-wise exemption||09 Apr 2018||10 Oct 2018|
|Applying for Registration De Novo/Extension Exam||09 Apr 2018||10 Oct 2018|
|Start Date for submission of Online Requests for change of Examination Centre, Medium & Combination of Modules (Foundation, Executive & Professional Programme Examinations)||—||11 Oct 2018|
|Last Date for submission of Online Change Requests (Foundation, Executive & Professional Programme Examinations)||—||05 Dec 2018 upto 04:00 pm|
|Admit Card||24 May 2018||15 days before the test|
|CS 2018 Exam Result Announcement||25 Aug 2018||—|
Cut-Off Dates for the year 2018-19
|Particulars of Cut-off Dates||Scheduled Cut-off Date|
|Receipt of examination enrollment application for appearing in Dec 2018 Examination||25 Sep 2018|
|Acceptance of Applications for Admission to Foundation Programme ( for appearing in June 2019 Examination)||30 Sep 2018|
|Receipt of Examination Enrollment application for appearing in Dec 2018 Examination (with late fee)||10 Oct 2018|
|Applying for Paper-wise Exemption on the basis of Qualification for Dec 2018 Examination.||10 Oct 2018|
|Applying for Registration De Novo / Extension of registration (for Dec 2018 Examination)||10 Oct 2018|
|Acceptance of Applications for Admission to Executive/ Professional Programme (for appearing in Anyone module in June 2019 Examination)||30 Nov 2018|
|Declaration of Results of December 2018 Examination||25 Feb 2019|
|Acceptance of Applications for Admission to Executive / Professional Programmes (for appearing in All modules in Dec 2019 Examination)||28 Feb 2019|
|Receipt of Examination Enrollment application (for appearing in June 2019 Examination)||25 Mar 2019|
Complete details of ICSI CS Foundation Programme 2018 such as registration, application form submission, examination, admit card, and results announce online. Eligible students who wish to take up company secretaryship profession can know all about the CS Foundation programme, the first of three stages for ICSI CS.
Notification for CS Foundation Dec 2018
Eligibility for CS Foundation Programme
Candidates who have passed class XII or equivalent examination from a recognized board/university can join the CS Foundation Programme. ICSI has not prescribed any minimum percentage of marks to be secured in Senior Secondary level to register for CS Foundation Examination.
Class 10+2 pass students from Arts, Science or Commerce stream (Excluding Fine Arts) are eligible for ICSI CS Foundation programme.
CS Foundation Exam Enrollment Application Form
Fill CS Foundation exam enrollment application form to appear in CS Foundation examination.
Apply for CS Foundation Examination
Candidates can apply online for the examination from icsi.in or follow links given above. Login to accounts and submit the examination form along with the examination fee through available payment mode. A separate link for enrolment would be provided on the Institute’s website.
The examination will be held as per timetable given above. Some key points aspirants need to note are as follows.
- Complete the registration for CS Foundation programme, well in time.
- You will be issued admit card for CS exams at least 15 days before the exam date. Know more about the ICSI CS Foundation Admit Cards on admit card page.
- Results shall be declared online for all CS candidates.
- After clearing the CS Foundation exam, you can register for the CS Executive programme.
Details of the Computer Based Examination
- In CBE, a candidate appears for the examination, which is conducted entirely through computer thus replacing the use of paper and pen in the examination.
- The computer interface is easy to use and requires no previous knowledge of computer. Candidates would be required to sit before a computer terminal and use computer-mouse while attempting the questions. Therefore the candidates, at the most, need to know only how to use computer-mouse in CBE. IT professional(s) will remain present to assist the candidates in case of any eventuality.
- CS Foundation Examination would be held in all those cities in India and abroad where the Institute’s existing examinations are held and it shall be conducted at specified examination centres/venues. However, the address of examination centre/venue would be provided on the Candidates’ Admit Card.
- There would be 50 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) of two marks each in every subject of CBE. On day one, candidates would be examined in Paper -1 and Paper – 2, carrying 100 MCQs in all, which would be required to be attempted in 90 minutes session of examination. The similar pattern would be followed on day two for Paper – 3 and Paper – 4, as per the schedule of examination given above.
The practice test will be available on the ICSI website. A candidate can practice as many times as he/she wants. This will allow the candidates to get acquainted with the format of Computer Based Examination in the simulation environment.
CS Foundation Exam Pattern
The examination pattern of the CS Foundation examination is as follows.
- There will be four papers containing 50 questions each.
- For each correct answer, the candidate will be awarded 2 marks.
- Maximum marks to be scored in each paper is 100.
- The papers are as follows – (1) Business Environment and Entrepreneurship, (2) Business Management, Ethics and Communication, (3) Business Economics, (4) Fundamentals of Accounting and Auditing.
Qualifying / Cutoffs
A candidate shall be declared to have passed in the Foundation Programme examination if he/she obtains at one sitting a minimum of forty percent (40%) marks in each subject and fifty percent (50%) marks in the aggregate of all subjects.
The revised syllabus for Foundation Programme is given below.
Switchover to New syllabus
From June 2018 Session onwards, Foundation Programme Students shall only be allowed to enroll and appear in the examinations under 2017 (New Syllabus) only.
Students switching over from Foundation Programme 2012 (Old Syllabus) to 2017 (New Syllabus) shall be eligible for corresponding paper-wise exemptions on as under :
|Exempted Subjects under Syllabus (2012)||Corresponding Subjects under Syllabus (2017)|
|Business Environment and Entrepreneurship||Business Environment and Law|
|Business Management, Ethics and Communication||Business Management, Ethics and Entrepreneurship|
|Business Economics||Business Economics|
|Fundamentals of Accounting and Auditing||Fundamentals of Accounting and Auditing|
The mode of examination will be Computer based MCQs.
- For more details regarding switching over check official notice
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How to answer a question in Computer Based Examination?
The Questions may be answered in any order within the stipulated examination time. Each question shall be followed by four alternative answers marked as A, B, C and D. In order to answer a question a candidate would “click” the option/answer, which he/she thinks, as the most appropriate/correct. The option so clicked will be highlighted, automatically saved and treated as “answer” given by the candidate.
Candidate should report at least one hour before the scheduled time of start of the examination.
Is there any negative marking for the wrong answer?
No. There is no negative marking for the wrong answer.
Can a candidate skip any question and return to the same later on?
A candidate can answer the question in any order he/she likes to attempt. In case a candidate does not wish to answer any question, he/she should not “click” answer to that question and instead “click” next question.
Can a candidate review his/her answer?
A candidate has the option to “bookmark” any question to review at a later stage before clicking the “Finish” button.
Can a candidate change his/her answer to any question?
Yes. A candidate can make changes in his/her answer(s) already chosen, by simply clicking the other alternate answer of his/her choice at any time before the conclusion of examination or before clicking “Finish” button.
Official Website: www.icsi.edu
For more details check the December Session 2018- Official Notification