ICSI CS Foundation 2018 refers to the Company Secretaries Foundation 2018. The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) holds CS Foundation Jun 2018. Candidates are going to appear in CS Foundation programme examination to clear the first level of Company Secretaries course. CS Foundation Jun 2018 which is going to be conducted on June 09 and 10, 2018. CS Foundation Jun 2018 Result will be announced by theInstitute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI). Get here complete details of CS Foundation Jun 2018 exam such as dates, application form, admit card, result.
ICSI CS Foundation 2018
CS Foundation Jun 2018 exam time table released along with the detailed programme. Interested aspirants may appear in the exam on these dates.
|09 Jun 2018||9.30 am – 11 am||I||Paper 1
|Business Environment and Law
Business Management, Ethics and Entrepreneurship
|09 Jun 2018||12 noon – 1.30 pm||II|
|09 Jun 2018||2.30 pm – 4 pm||III|
|09 Jun 2018||5 pm – 6.30 pm||IV|
|10 Jun 2018||9.30 am – 11 am||I||Paper 3
Fundamentals of Accounting and Auditing
|10 Jun 2018||12 noon – 1.30 pm||II|
|10 Jun 2018||2.30 pm – 4 pm||III|
|10 Jun 2018||5 pm – 6.30 pm||IV|
Important dates of CS Foundation 2018
|Event||June 2018||December 2018|
|Last Date of Acceptance of Application for Foundation Program||30 Sep 2018||31 Mar 2018|
|Examination enrolment application ends on date||25 Mar 2018|
|Examination enrolment application with late fee ends on date||09 Apr 2018||–|
|Candidates can apply for paper-wise exemption||09 Apr 2018||–|
|Applying for Registration De Novo/Extension Exam||09 Apr 2018||–|
|CS Jun 2018 Exam Result Announcement||–||–|
Complete details of ICSI CS Foundation Programme 2018 such as registration, application form submission, examination, admit card, and results announce online. Eligible students who wish to take up company secretaryship profession can know all about the CS Foundation programme, the first of three stages for ICSI CS.
Eligibility for CS Foundation Programme
Candidates who have passed class XII or equivalent examination from a recognized board/university can join the CS Foundation Programme. ICSI has not prescribed any minimum percentage of marks to be secured in Senior Secondary level to register for CS Foundation Examination.
Class 10+2 pass students from Arts, Science or Commerce stream (Excluding Fine Arts) are eligible for ICSI CS Foundation programme.
CS Foundation Exam Enrollment Application Form
Fill CS Foundation exam enrollment application form to appear in CS Foundation examination.
Apply for CS Foundation Examination
Candidates can apply online for the examination from icsi.in or follow links given above. Login to accounts and submit the examination form along with the examination fee through available payment mode. A separate link for enrolment would be provided on the Institute’s website.
The examination will be held as per timetable given above. Some key points aspirants need to note are as follows.
- Complete the registration for CS Foundation programme, well in time.
- You will be issued admit card for CS exams at least 15 days before the exam date. Know more about the ICSI CS Foundation Admit Cards on admit card page.
- Results shall be declared online for all CS candidates.
- After clearing the CS Foundation exam, you can register for the CS Executive programme.
Details of the Computer Based Examination
- In CBE, a candidate appears for the examination, which is conducted entirely through computer thus replacing the use of paper and pen in the examination.
- The computer interface is easy to use and requires no previous knowledge of computer. Candidates would be required to sit before a computer terminal and use computer-mouse while attempting the questions. Therefore the candidates, at the most, need to know only how to use computer-mouse in CBE. IT professional(s) will remain present to assist the candidates in case of any eventuality.
- CS Foundation Examination would be held in all those cities in India and abroad where the Institute’s existing examinations are held and it shall be conducted at specified examination centres/venues. However, the address of examination centre/venue would be provided on the Candidates’ Admit Card.
- There would be 50 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) of two marks each in every subject of CBE. On day one, candidates would be examined in Paper -1 and Paper – 2, carrying 100 MCQs in all, which would be required to be attempted in 90 minutes session of examination. The similar pattern would be followed on day two for Paper – 3 and Paper – 4, as per the schedule of examination given above.
The practice test will be available on the ICSI website. A candidate can practice as many times as he/she wants. This will allow the candidates to get acquainted with the format of Computer Based Examination in the simulation environment.
CS Foundation Exam Pattern
The examination pattern of the CS Foundation examination is as follows.
- There will be four papers containing 50 questions each.
- For each correct answer, the candidate will be awarded 2 marks.
- Maximum marks to be scored in each paper is 100.
- The papers are as follows – (1) Business Environment and Entrepreneurship, (2) Business Management, Ethics and Communication, (3) Business Economics, (4) Fundamentals of Accounting and Auditing.
Qualifying / Cutoffs
A candidate shall be declared to have passed in the Foundation Programme examination if he/she obtains at one sitting a minimum of forty percent (40%) marks in each subject and fifty percent (50%) marks in the aggregate of all subjects.
Switchover to New syllabus
From June, 2018 Session onwards, Foundation Programme Students shall only be allowed to enroll and appear in the examinations under 2017 (New Syllabus) only.
Students switching over from Foundation Programme 2012 (Old Syllabus) to 2017 (New Syllabus) shall be eligible for corresponding paper-wise exemptions on as under :
|Exempted Subjects under Syllabus (2012)||Corresponding Subjects under Syllabus (2017)|
|Business Environment and Entrepreneurship||Business Environment and Law|
|Business Management, Ethics and Communication||Business Management, Ethics and Entrepreneurship|
|Business Economics||Business Economics|
|Fundamentals of Accounting and Auditing||Fundamentals of Accounting and Auditing|
The mode of examination will be Computer based MCQs.
- For more details regarding switching over check official notice
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How to answer a question in Computer Based Examination?
The Questions may be answered in any order within the stipulated examination time. Each question shall be followed by four alternative answers marked as A, B, C and D. In order to answer a question a candidate would “click” the option/answer, which he/she thinks, as the most appropriate/correct. The option so clicked will be highlighted, automatically saved and treated as “answer” given by the candidate.
Candidate should report at least one hour before the scheduled time of start of the examination.
Is there any negative marking for the wrong answer?
No. There is no negative marking for the wrong answer.
Can a candidate skip any question and return to the same later on?
A candidate can answer the question in any order he/she likes to attempt. In case a candidate does not wish to answer any question, he/she should not “click” answer for that question and instead “click” next question.
Can a candidate review his/her answer?
A candidate has the option to “bookmark” any question to review at a later stage before clicking the “Finish” button.
Can a candidate change his/her answer to any question?
Yes. A candidate can make changes in his/her answer(s) already chosen, by simply clicking the other alternate answer of his/her choice at any time before the conclusion of examination or before clicking “Finish” button.
For more details check – Official Notification