Indo-Swiss Training Centre (ISTC) of CSIR Central Scientific Instruments Organisation (CSIO) offers admission to Diploma courses. Admission is open to both Boys and Girls who have passed their qualifying examination from recognized boards/school in India. Admission will be granted on the basis of merit in the Entrance Test to be conducted by ISTC and the total number of seats that are available is 140. Candidates can check complete details of CSIR CSIO Admission 2018 like application procedure, eligibility criteria, selection procedure etc from this page given below.
CSIR CSIO Admission 2018
Interested candidates can apply for Diploma courses being conducted by Indo-Swiss Training Center (ISTC). Candidates can fill their Application from here as per schedule date. The complete information of CSIR CSIO Admission 2018 will be released soon officially.
Schedule of CSIR CSIO Admission 2018 is given below.
|Opening Date for Online submission of ISTC Entrance Form||01 May 2018(9 a.m)|
|Closing Date for Online submission of ISTC Entrance Form||31 May 2018(up to 5 p.m)|
|Last date for Receipt of Application Form||08 Jun 2018 (upto 5 pm)|
|Starting Date to print the e – Admit Card||20 Jun 2018(4 p.m onwards)|
|Entrance Test Date (Day)||15 Jul 2018(9:15 a.m)|
|Result declaration||18 Jul 2018|
|Admission Counselling (Tentative)||25-26 Jul 2018(10 a.m)|
|Session starts on||06 Aug 2018(9 a.m)|
Application Form 2018
Application Form for CSIR CSIO Admission 2018 is available as per schedule date. The candidates can apply online through the link given below.
Apply online: Click here to apply online for CSIR CSIO Admissions 2018.
- General/OBC Candidates – Rs. 1200/-
- SC/ST Candidates – Rs. 600/-
How to Apply?
The application form is required to be filled on-line only.
- Application form along with detailed relevant information is available on official websites www.istc.ac.in or www.csio.res.in w.e.f. May 01, 2018.
- Before applying on-line, the candidates are advised to read instructions carefully given in the Information Brochure.
- Choose State of Corporate/Institution: ‘Chandigarh’ and Type of Corporate/Institution: ‘Educational Institutions’. Then Click on ‘Go’ button.
- Choose Educational Institutions Name: ‘CSIO’ then click on ‘Submit’ button
- Choose Select Payment Category: ‘ISTC Entrance Exam Fee’. Then fill up the details as opened in new window.
- Submit and confirm the details before depositing examination fee.
- Please select the mode of payment as per following options:
- Online Mode: Net Banking, Debit Card, Credit Card. (Candidate take the print of payment make through online mode after the payment)
- Offline Mode: ‘Other Payment Modes’ (Candidate can select this option to deposit cash in any SBI Branch after taking the print out of Pre-Acknowledgement Payment (PAP) ge nerated by SBI Collect).
- Please send the proof of payment along with printed copy of online submitted Application form to ISTC by due date.
- Please note the ‘DU Reference Number’ after the payment that will require filling the online application form.
Essential Qualifications: Candidate must have passed the Matriculation or equivalent examination with Mathematics, Science and English as subjects from any recognized school / board. Those who have appeared in the qualifying examination this year, are also eligible to apply.
Age: Those born on or after 1 st August 1999 (1st August 1996 in case of SC/ST candidates) are eligible to apply.
Admit Card 2018
Printing facility of e-admit card will start after receiving the downloaded printed application form. Candidate are not allowed to enter the examination hall without e-Admit Card. Admit Card must be preserved after the examination also. The selected candidates are required to present the same at the time of admission/counselling to the Training Center. Candidates can download their Admit Card by login through the direct link that will be provided here.
Entrance Test Syllabus – The test will comprise of questions in Mathematics, Science, Aptitude, English and General Knowledge. Syllabus for the entrance test will be of CBSE 10th class standard or equivalent.
Entrance Examination Pattern – The ISTC entrance examination will consist of objective multiple choice questions. 25% of the allotted marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Indo-Swiss Training Centre (ISTC) of CSIR Central Scientific Instruments Organisation (CSIO) will release Result for the Exam going to be held on July 15, 2018. Candidates can check the Roll Number wise Result from the official website OR through the direct link that will be provided below.
The final merit list will be prepared based on the performance/marks of ISTC entrance exam. Allocation of course will be on the basis of this merit list. In case numbers of seats in any course are filled, the next candidates will have the choice of only the course for which the seats are available.
The candidates in order of merit will be called for counselling. Candidate should visit regularly to ISTC or CSIR-CSIO websites for couselling updates. The candidates should satisfy themselves fully about the eligibility conditions of admission as given in Para 4 viz. Qualification, Age, Category, Physical fitness etc.
Procedure for Admission – The candidates that will be called for counselling are required to report at ISTC at the time and date given in the counselling letter along with their original certificates and fees & funds as described below. If a candidate fails to report for admission at the given time and date, his/ her seat will be offered to the next eligible candidate. If he/she fails to meet the requisite eligibility conditions, he/she will not be admitted to the training centre even if his/her name has been projected in the merit list.
For more details of CSIR CSIO Admission 2018- Check Admission Notification.