The CUSAT CAT 2019 rank list has been released. Candidates can check the rank list from the official website. CUSAT CAT 2019 is a University level entrance exam conducted for admission in UG and PG, except for M.Phil, Ph.D. and Diploma Programmes. It is a computer-based test conducted across 28 centres of the country and also in Dubai. Check more information on CUSAT CAT 2019 from this page.
This year, 21,412 candidates had appeared for B.Tech CUSAT CAT 2019. But, 810 candidates could not appear for this exam as the exam got cancelled in 2 of its allotted centres, while 1968 candidates had not appeared for this exam.
Schedule for CUSAT entrance exam 2019 has been provided in the table below.
|CUSAT 2019||Important Dates|
|Online registration for CUSAT CAT 2019 starts from||30 Jan 2019 (1:30 PM)|
|Last date to submit CUSAT CAT 2019 Application Form||21 Feb 2019|
|Last date to submit the CUSAT CAT 2019 Application Form with fine||28 Feb 2019|
|Last date to pay the Application Fee||01 Mar 2019|
|last date for online registration to B.VOC and M.VOC programmes||05 Mar 2019|
|Extended period for online registration to M.Tech programmes||15 Mar – 21 Apr 2019
30 Apr 2019 (with fine)
|Issuance and receipt of applications for Ph.D., M.Phil, Diploma Programmes etc. from the Department/Schools concerned||30 Jan to 31 Mar 2019|
|Issuance of Admit Card|
|CUSAT 2019 Exam Date
MSc, LLM, MVoc, MCA, BVoc, LLB, BTech (lateral entry)
BTech, MA (Hindi, Applied Economics), BBA LLB, BCom LLB, MCA
|06 Apr 2019
07 Apr 2019
|Declaration of Result||09 May 2019|
CUSAT CAT 2019 Revised Exam Schedule
The Common Admission Test of Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT) is being conducted in two days in multiple session. The candidates must check the revised schedule as provided in the table below.
|Code||Timings of the exam||Name of the Course|
|06 April 2019, SATURDAY|
|101||9.30 am – 12.30 pm||Test in Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry for Technology (B Tech/ M Sc (5 year Integrated ) Photonics and M Sc (5 year Integrated) /Physics/ Chemistry /Mathematics / Statistics|
|616||9.30 am -11.30 am||Test for MA Applied Economics|
|101||2.00 pm – 5.00 pm||Test in Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry for Technology (B Tech/ M Sc (5 year Integrated ) Photonics and M Sc (5 year Integrated) /Physics /Chemistry / Mathematics/ Statistics|
|301||2:00 PM – 4:00 PM||Test for MA Hindi|
|502||2:00 PM – 4:00 PM||Aptitude Test for Lateral Entry to MCA / MSc Computer
|620||2:00 PM – 4:00 PM||Aptitude Test for LLM(IP) PhD and LLM(IPR) PhD|
|07 April 2019, SUNDAY|
|601 – 618, 623||09.30 am – 11.30 am||Biotechnology, Botany, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Electronics, Engineering Science, Fisheries, Geology, Law (for LLM), Life Science, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Zoology, Instrumentation, Food Science and Microbiology|
|622||12 noon – 2.00 pm||Test for M Voc Programme in Technology and Management Consulting|
|103||12 noon – 2.00 pm||Test for B Voc programme|
|501||12 noon – 2.00 pm||Aptitude test for MCA|
|102||2.00 pm – 5.00 pm||Test for Lateral Entry to B Tech Programmes|
|621||3.00 pm – 5.00 pm||Test for M Voc Programme in Mobile Phone Application
|619||3.00 pm – 5.00 pm||Test for 3 year LLB Programme|
|201||3:00 PM – 5:00 PM||Aptitude Test for BBA LLB (Hons) / BCom LLB (Hons)|
CUSAT CAT 2019 Application Form
The candidates can apply for CUSAT CAT 2019 by online mode only. No offline application form is released by the University. The aspirants have to register for CUSAT 2019 and then pay the prescribed application fee. The candidates must submit the completed CUSAT Application Form before the last date, after which, fine charges will be implied. Aspirants who wish to apply for M Sc. and / or MBA and / or M.Tech programme have to submit separate applications one by one after logging into their Homepage. The candidates should also note that once the CUSAT 2019 Application Form is submitted, modification(s) of any kind may not be done.
Application Fee – The application fee for CUSAT 2019 is payable by online mode only and can be checked from the table below.
|The application fee for all courses (other than postdoctoral / diploma/certificate programmes)|
|General Category Candidates||Rs.1000/-|
|Kerala SC / ST Category Candidates||Rs.500/-|
|Candidates applying under Children of Indian Gulf Workers (CGW)||Rs.6000/-|
|Candidates applied under CGW of KSC / KST category||Rs.5500/-|
|Candidates who have applied under NRI Quota||Rs.5000/-|
|Note: Candidates opting Test Center at Dubai should remit an additional amount of Rs.10000/-(Rupees Ten thousand only).|
|The application fee for international students|
|For all courses||US$100|
Courses Offered Through CUSAT 2019
The candidates are offered admission in the following UG and PG courses through CUSAT CAT 2019:
- BTech – Civil / Mechanical / Electrical & Electronics / Electronics & Communication / Computer Science & Engineering / Information Technology / Safety and Fire Engineering / Naval Architecture and Ship Building / Instrumentation Technology / Polymer Science & Engineering/Marine Engineering
- BVoc – 3 Year Degree Programme in Business Process and Data Analytics
- BBA LLB – 5-year Integrated Programme
- B Com LLB – 5-year Integrated Programme
- Lateral Entry to 3rd semester of B Tech – Civil / Mechanical / Electrical & Electronics / Electronics & Communication / Computer Science & Engineering / Information Technology / Safety and Fire Engineering / Instrumentation Technology / Polymer Science & Engineering
- MSc – Five-year Integrated Programme in Photonics / Physics / Chemistry / Mathematics / Statistics
- MSc in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Statistics, Computer Science, Electronics Science, Instrumentation, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Marine Biology, Industrial Fisheries, Hydrochemistry, Oceanography, Marine Geology, Marine Geophysics, Meteorology, Environmental Technology.
- LLM (1 year programme) – 2 Programmes
- LLM (IP) Ph.D. (5-year integrated programme)
- LLM (IPR) Ph.D. (5-year integrated programme)
- M Voc Mobile Phone Application Development
- M Voc Technology and Management Consulting
- MA (Hindi, Applied Economics)
CUSAT CAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates who wish to appear for the CUSAT CAT 2019 entrance exam must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria. The basic eligibility criteria for applying for CUSAT 2019 is given below.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria required to Apply for Each Programme
- The students belonging to Kerala Scheduled Caste (KSC) and Kerala Scheduled Tribe (KST) communities are eligible to apply for the CUSAT entrance exam. Such candidates should have obtained minimum pass marks in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates who wish to apply for admission in MTech programme with a valid GATE score in the
specified subject are eligible for 5% relaxation in the minimum required marks.
- SEBC candidates of Kerala State belonging to non-creamy layer category are eligible for 5% relaxation in the minimum required marks for the qualifying examination.
Eligibility Criteria for BTech Programme (except for BTech Marine Engg)
- The candidates should have passed Class 12 examinations from the State of Kerala or its equivalent with Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry as optional subjects.
- Should have secured a minimum of 50% marks in Mathematics and 50% marks in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry together.
Eligibility Criteria for BTech Marine Engg
- Age Limit – The maximum age limit is 25 years as on September 1, 2019.
- Should have passed Plus two examination from the state of Kerala or its equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English as separate subjects.
- Should have obtained an average of 60% in PCM and minimum 50% in Mathematics alone.
- Should have passed English at 10th or 12th class by obtaining at least 50% marks (applicable to SC/ST candidates also)
- The students have to submit the Physical and eye fitness certificate from a medical officer approved by the DG Shipping at the time of admission.
Note: Vocational / Diploma students shall not be eligible to apply for admission in BTech Marine Engg.
Eligibility Criteria for BVoc Business Process and Data Analytics
- Should have passed 10+2 from any state/ national board or its equivalent examination.
- Should have obtained a minimum of 65% marks and should have studied Mathematics or Statistics as one of the optional subjects.
Eligibility Criteria for MSc Five-year Integrated Programme in Photonics
- Should have passed Plus Two examination of the State of Kerala with Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry as an optional subject or any other examination accepted as equivalent thereto.
- Should have secured a minimum of 50% marks in Mathematics and 50% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together.
Eligibility Criteria for MSc Five-year Integrated Science Programme
- The candidates should have passed 12th standard from any state / national level board or its equivalent exam.
- Should have obtained a minimum of 75% marks at +2 level of education.
- Should have studied science subjects (Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics)
- Those students who have completed or expect to complete +2 stage with at least three of the four subjects (Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics) as their optional subjects with a minimum of 75% at +2 level are eligible to apply
Note: Preference in admission shall be given to students possessing KVPY (Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana) scholarship. Such candidates are exempted from appearing in CUSAT CAT exam but have to fill its application form and pay the Application fee.
Eligibility Criteria for BBA LLB and BCom LLB
- At the time of admission, the candidate should have passed 10+2 examination with at least 60% marks including languages in Science group/Commerce group or with at least 55% marks including languages in Arts/Humanities stream.
Eligibility Criteria for LLM (1-year programme) – 2 Programmes
- Should possess a Bachelor’s degree in Law from any University of Kerala or an examination of any other University accepted by the Syndicate as equivalent thereto.
- Should have obtained 55% marks in the Bachelor’s examination.
Eligibility Criteria for MCA and MCA Lateral Entry programme
- A student who has completed graduation in Science with Mathematics as one of the subjects or a graduate in Electronics / Information Technology/Computer Science / Computer Applications/ Engineering/ Technology by obtaining 60% can apply. (5% of relaxation of marks for SEBC candidates of Kerala State belonging to non-creamy layer category)
Eligibility Criteria for MA Programme
|Name of the Programme||Minimum Eligibility Criteria|
|MA Applied Economics||Should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Economics with 55% marks in part III (Economics and Subsidiaries) or 60% marks with B.Com, BBA, BBM with Economics as one of the subjects or B.Sc. Mathematics or Statistics with 65% marks.|
|MA Hindi Language and Literature||Should possess a B.A. /B.Sc. degree with Hindi as a subject of study with at least 45% marks in Hindi|
Eligibility Criteria for MSc Programme – Should hold a BSc degree in the respective subject and should have obtained a minimum of 55% marks in the degree examination
CUSAT CAT 2019 Exam Pattern
It is advised to the candidates who are willing to take the entrance exam to first check the exam pattern specified for each course below to get an idea about the structure of the examination.
Nature of the Test: The exam will be conducted in online mode only.
Marking Scheme: For every correct answer, 03 marks will be awarded. For every wrong answer, 01 marks will be deducted from the total score.
For B.Tech and 5 year integrated M.Sc programmes
- Number of Questions: 250 objective type questions.
- The Duration of the Exam: 03 hours.
- Maximum Marks: The exam will be of total 750 marks
- The standard of the questions will be as per the 10+2 syllabus
Candidates can check the distribution of question given in the table below
|Subject||Number of Questions|
For Lateral Entry to III Semester B.Tech Programme
- Number of Questions: 200 Multiple choice based questions.
- The Duration of the Exam: 03 hours.
- Maximum Marks: 600 marks
|Subject||Number of Questions|
For B.B.A., LL.B. (Hons.) / B. Com., LL.B.(Hons.)
- Number of Questions: 150 MCQ type questions.
- Maximum Marks: 450 total
|Topics||Number of Questions|
|Ability in Reasoning and Logical Thinking||50|
|General Knowledge and Current affairs||25|
|Law Related Matters||25|
The entrance test for LLM will be comprised of 150 MCQ based questions and will be divided into two parts
- Part 1 – Proficiency in English and General Knowledge, Analytical and reasoning capability and aptitude to do research.
- Part 2 – Compulsory papers in Law as prescribed by the Bar Council of India.
For MA Hindi
The MA Hindi entrance examination will consist of 150 objective type questions. The questions in the exam will be pertaining to the level of the second language studied at degree level.
The MCA entrance test will be consisting of total 150 MCQ questions. About 50% of the questions will be from Mathematics covering areas of Engineering Mathematics/B.Sc. subsidiary level Mathematics while the rest of the questions will be to test the ability of the candidate in logical reasoning based on pictures, geometrical figures, patterns of words, Number Sequence, Set Theory, Logic decoding etc.
For MCA Lateral Entry/M Sc Computer Science
There will be a total of 150 MCQ question. The distribution of questions for this test is as follows:
|Topics||Number of Questions|
|Computer science and Applications||100|
For M.Sc Biotechnology/ Chemistry/ Chemical Engineering/ Botany/ Geology/ Mathematics/ Physics/ Statistics/ Zoology/ Instrumentation/ Food Science/ M.F.Sc. Sea Food Safety & Trade
The test will be pertaining to a total of 150 objective type questions and the standard of these questions will be as per the graduation level.
For M.A. Applied Economics
The entrance exam for this course will be comprised of 150 MCQ questions. The questions will be designed in such a way to test the proficiency of the candidate’s applicant at the Graduate level in Economics. In this test, 50 % of the questions will be from Economics, 15% from Simple Mathematics, 15% from Statistics and 20% General awareness.
For 3-year LL.B course
It will consist of 150 Multiple choices based questions and the test will be of maximum marks of 450. The distribution of questions among each topic is as follows:
|Topics||Number of Questions|
|General Knowledge/Current affairs||25|
For Five year Integrated Dual Degree Programmes of LLM(IPR) Ph.D. Degree & LL.M (IP) Ph.D. Degree
The test will consist of 150 MCQ questions and the distribution of question will be as follows:
|Topics||Number of Questions|
|General aptitude in Intellectual Property Law||20|
|Analytical and Reasoning Ability||40|
|Aptitude to do Research||35|
For M Voc. Mobile phone application development
The aptitude test for M Voc mobile application development will comprise of 150 objective type questions. The weightage of the topics for this test is as follows:
|Topics||Weightage in Paper|
|Verbal and reading comprehension||20%|
|Logical reasoning (based on pictures, geometrical figures, patterns of words, Number sequence, Set Theory, Logic decoding, reasoning etc.||20%|
For M Voc. Technology and Management Consulting
The aptitude test for M Voc Technology & Management Consulting consists of a total of 150 objective type questions. The weighatge for each topic is as follows:
- Quantitative ability- 30%
- Data interpretation and logical reasoning- 25%
- Verbal and reading comprehension. – 25
- Current affairs in Technology and business – 20%
For M.Sc. Micro-Biology
The test consists of 150 objective type questions. The weighatge of each topic for M.Sc Micro Biology is as follows:
- Microbiology – 50%
- Botony – 15%
- Zoology – 15%
- Biotechnology – 15%
- Environmental Science – 5%
CUSAT CAT 2019 Admit Card
The CUSAT 2019 Admit Card can be downloaded from online mode at the official website,admissions.cusat.ac.in. It is going to be available as per the schedule is given in the table above. Timings of the test, the address of the test center, roll number and other important information is provided in the CUSAT CAT 2019 Admit Card. No candidate will get the hardcopy of the CUSAT Admit Card by post. It is advised to the candidates to retain the printed copy of the Admit card till the admission process is over. It is a mandatory document to be carried to the test center.
CUSAT 2019 Test Centers
The test centers for CUSAT 2019 has not been announced yet. The exam shall be conducted at the test centers as last year only. Check the list of CUSAT exam center from the table below.
For First Degree Programmes (i.e. B.Tech and M.Sc. in Photonics (5 year Integrated):
For PG Programmes, BBA, LLB (Hons), B.Com, LLB (Hons.), LLM (IP) Ph.D., LLM (IPR) Ph.D., 3 Year LLB and Lateral Entry Tests:
CUSAT CAT 2019 Answer Key
The Answer key will be made available to the students who will be appearing for the entrance examination. The answer key will be released after the few days of the conduction of the exam. It will be released on the University website. The direct link to download the answer key will also be provided on the page of “Answer Key” in the quick links section as soon as the answer key is published. It will be very helpful for the candidates who will be appearing for the exam as they will be able to match their answers and also get the estimate of marks scored by them. Candidates will also have an option to raise the objection against the answer key if required.
CUSAT CAT 2019 Result
The result will be released after the successful completion of the entrance exams. The result of CUSAT CAT 2019 will be declared on the University website. Candidates who will be appearing in the examination will be able to check the result by entering login details. Candidates who will secure the minimum marks will be eligible for the further round of counselling and admission process. Those candidates whose name will be in the rank list will be eligible for the rounds of the admission.
CUSAT CAT 2019 Rank List
The rank list of the candidates for various courses will be prepared on the basis of the following criterion as per the records of last year. In case of any changes in the weight age given to each round then, details will be updated here.
M.B.A (Full-time) / (Part-time) Programme – The rank list for this programme will be prepared on the basis of MAT (AICTE) / K-MAT / CAT(IIM) score and performance at Group Discussion and Interview. The weightage for each criterion is as follows:
|C-MAT / K-MAT/CAT(IIM) Score||70%|
M.Sc. Industrial Fisheries – The CUSAT CAT 2019 Rank list for this programme is prepared on the basis of CAT conducted by the University followed by Interview.
BCom LLB/BBA LLB/3 Year LLB – The rank list will be prepared on the basis of candidate’s performance in CAT entrance exam conducted by the University, GD, and PI.
|Part I of CAT||40%|
|Part II of CAT||40%|
LLM – The rank list will be prepared on the basis of the CAT score followed by GD and PI.
|Part I of CAT||35%|
|Part II of CAT||35%|
CUSAT CAT 2019 Counselling
Soon after the result declaration, eligible candidates are going to be called for counselling / GD / PI rounds, as applicable. The details regarding the counselling process will be released on the university website. Candidates must note that No individual call letter or intimation letter will be sent via post to the qualified candidates. Students are advised to be present at the allotted date, time and venue of the counselling, Also, candidates are required to bring the relevant documents on the day of counselling.
Official Website: www.cusat.nic.in
For more details, about CUSAT CAT 2019 – Download Information Brochure