CUSAT 2019 Eligibility – The Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT) conducts two types of admission test, namely, Common Admission Test (CAT) or Department Admission Test (DAT). In some courses, candidates also get admission as per the marks obtained in national level entrance test like GATE, C-MAT, K-MAT, CAT(IIM) etc as an eligibility requirement. Candidates are advised to check the CUSAT 2019 Eligibility conditions specified for each course for which that are willing to apply. It is essential in the later stages of admission as governing body checks the eligibility conditions. Check the complete eligibility criteria for CUSAT 2019 by referring to this article.
CUSAT CAT Eligibility 2019
The application form for CUSAT 2019 is now available. However, candidates should first go through the eligibility criteria carefully and then proceed to fill the application form. The eligibility requirements for each course is different and is explained below.
Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech and B.Voc Programmes
For B.Tech Programmes/ B.Tech Polymer Science and Engineering/
- The candidates should have passed 10+2 or its equivalent examination of the State of Kerala with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as optional subjects.
- Must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in Mathematics separately and 50% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together (5% relaxation in marks for SEBC candidates of Kerala State belonging to non-creamy layer category).
- Candidates belonging to Kerala Scheduled Cast (KSC) and Kerala Scheduled Tribe (KST) communities are eligible for applying, if they have secured minimum passing marks in the qualifying examination.
For B.Tech Marine Engineering Programme
- Pass in class 12 from the State of Kerela or its equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English as subjects.
- Must have obtained at least 60% in PCM and minimum 50% in Mathematics alone.
- Should have passed English in 10th or 12th Standards with at least 50% marks (applicable to SC / ST candidates also).
- Candidates possessing a Vocational / Diploma degree are not eligible to apply for this course.
- Maximum age limit to apply for this course is 25 years as on 1st September of the year of admission.
- Candidates are also required to present Physical and eye fitness certificate issued from a medical officer approved by the DG Shipping at the time of admission.
For B.Tech Instrumentation Engineering
- Candidates must have passed class 12th from any state or national board with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry or any other examination accepted as equivalent by CUSAT.
- Should have secured a minimum of 60% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together and 55% in Mathematics separately (5% relaxation in marks for SEBC candidates of Kerala State belonging to non-creamy layer category).
For B.Voc Business Process and Data Analytics Programme
- Applicants should have passed class 12th from any state / national board with Mathematics or Statistics as one of their subjects.
- Should have obtained at least 65% marks or an equivalent CGPA (5% relaxation of marks for SEBC candidates of Kerala State belonging to non-creamy layer category)
Eligibility Criteria for M.Sc Programmes
The Five-year Integrated M.Sc (I.M.Sc) courses of the University are the non-professional courses. The curriculum is common to all the disciplines for the first four semesters. At the end of 4th Semester, candidates will be allotted to different streams on the basis of their choices and CAT 2019 Rank.
For M.Sc (5 year integrated) Photonics Programme
- Candidates must have completed 10+2 examination from the State of Kerala with Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry as an optional subject or an equivalent examination.
- Should have secured at least 50% marks in Mathematics alone and 50% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together (5% relaxation in marks for SEBC candidates of Kerala State belonging to non-creamy layer category).
For M.Sc (5 year integrated) Science Programme
- Should have passed Class 12th from any recognised Board or its equivalent examination with Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics by obtaining at least 75% marks.
- Those who will be appearing for the class 12th final examination are also eligible to apply for this course.
- Those who possess KVPY (Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana) scholarship will be given preference for admission. Such candidates need not required to appear for CAT, however, they have to apply for CAT through online and should pay the application fee.
Eligibility Criteria for Law Programmes
For BBA LLB and B Com LLB
- Candidates should have qualified 10+2 examination by obtaining at least 60% marks including languages in Science / Commerce group or securing 55% marks including languages in Arts / Humanities stream.
- The candidates should not have completed 20 years (22 years in case of SC / ST / SEBC candidates) of age as on July 01, 2019.
- Those candidates belonging to SC/ST communities or belong to SEBC communities should have obtained 50% marks in class 12 exam to seek admission.
For 3 year course in LLB Evening Programme
- Should possess a Degree with not less than 50% (5% relaxation for SC / ST / SEBC categories candidate)
For LLM Programme offered at School of Legal Studies, CUSAT Main Campus
- Should possess a Bachelor’s degree in Law from any University of Kerala or an examination of any other University accepted by the Syndicate as equivalent thereto by obtaining at least 55% marks in aggregate.
- In the case of foreign candidates seeking admission in LLM (IPR) Programmes offered at IUCIPRS, CUSAT Main Campus, the law degree is not mandatory.
For 5-year Integrated LLM (IPR) PhD and/ or LLM (IP) PhD
|Programme Name||Minimum Educational Qualification|
|LLM (IPR) PhD||
|LLM (IP) PHD||
Note: Those candidates who do not possess a bachelor’s degree in the disciplines mentioned above applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree in Law shall be considered.
Eligibility Criteria for MBA Programmes (Full Time/ Part Time)
- Should possess a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with 50% marks (5% relaxation in marks for SEBC candidates of Kerala State belonging to non-creamy layer category) in aggregate.
- A valid score in any one of the management aptitude tests – KMAT of Kerala Or C-MAT of AICTE or CAT of IIM.
Eligibility Criteria for MCA and MCA Lateral Programme
For MCA Programme
- Should have completed graduation in Science with Mathematics as one of the subjects or completed graduation in Electronics / Information Technology / Computer Science / Computer Applications / Engineering / Technology by securing 60% marks (5% of relaxation in marks for SEBC candidates of Kerala State belonging to non-creamy layer category)
For MCA Lateral Entry Programme
- The candidate should possess a Bachelor degree in Computer Science / Information Technology / Computer Applications / Computer Science and Engineering candidate seeking admission directly to the second year of MCA course (Lateral Entry).
- Should have completed graduation with not less than 60% marks in aggregate (5% relaxation in marks for SEBC candidates of Kerala State belonging to non-creamy layer category).
Eligibility Criteria for MA Programmes
The University offers admission to two (02) MA Programmes, namely, MA Applied Economics and MA Hindi Language and Literature.
For MA Applied Economics
- The candidates should possess a Bachelor’s degree in Economics and should have secured 55% marks in part III (Economics and Subsidiaries) OR
- Should have secured 60% marks with B.Com, BBA, BBM with Economics as one of the subjects OR
- Should have secured 65% marks in B.Sc. Mathematics or Statistics.
- 5% relaxation in marks for SEBC candidates of Kerala State belonging to non-creamy layer category.
- Candidates belonging to Kerala Scheduled Caste (KSC) and Kerala Scheduled Tribe (KST) are also eligible to apply after obtaining the required qualifying marks.
For MA Hindi Language and Literature
- Should possess a B.A. / B.Sc. degree with Hindi as a subject of study by securing at least 45% marks (5% relaxation in marks for SEBC candidates of Kerala State belonging to non-creamy layer category) in Hindi in degree examination.
- Applicants of Kerala Scheduled Caste (KSC) and Kerala Scheduled Tribe (KST) category are eligible to apply after securing the minimum passing marks.
Eligibility Criteria for MSc, MFsc and MVoc Programmes
The University offers 18 MSc, 1 MFsc and 2 MVoc Programmes.
- The candidate who wishes to seek admission in M.Sc programme should possess a Bachelor’s degree in the concerned subject with 55% marks.
- Those who seek admission in Masters of Fisheries Science (MFSc), should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in the concerned subject with 55% marks.
- Candidates willing to take admission in M Voc Programmes must obtain 60% marks in the concerned subject or candidates possessing engineering degree should have secured 50% for being eligible to apply.
Eligibility Criteria for M.Tech Programmes
The University offers 21 full-time M.Tech programmes in various departments.
- Those who wish to apply for the M.Tech programme must possess a Bachelor’s Degree n the concerned branch with a minimum 60% marks.
- A valid GATE Score in the subject wherever applicable.
Eligibility Criteria for M.Phil programmes
The University offers 8 MPhil programmes in various departments such as Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Marine Chemistry, Life Sciences, Applied Economics, Commerce, Social Exclusion and Inclusive Policy Studies, Fisheries Science and Hindi.
- Those wishes to apply for M.Phil Programme must have passed the Master’s degree examination in the concerned subject with 55% marks (5% relaxation in case of SC/ST candidates).
Eligibility Crietria for PhD
- The candidates should possess a Master’s Degree from a recognized University with 55% marks in the qualifying examination or equivalent to grade B in the UGC 7- point scale, or a CGPA of 6.0 in the 10 point scale or an equivalent grade in similar scales (A concession of 10% marks will be given to SC/ST category candidates).
- Eligible Candidates seeking admission to the Ph.D programme should first attend & qualify The Departmental Admission Test (DAT). A minimum score of 50% marks (45% in the case of SC /ST) in the DAT (written test) is compulsory.
- Only those candidates who score the minimum required marks in the written test will be called for the interview with the Research Committee or with a Sub Committee appointed by the DRC.
Eligibility Criteria for Post-Doctoral Fellowship (PDF)
- The minimum qualification required for the award of a PDF shall be a recognized Doctoral Degree with a minimum of two research publications in refereed journals.
- The candidates under PDF are awarded Rs. 35,000/- per month towards fellowship amount along with an annual Contingency Grant of Rs. 20,000/-.
- Candidates up to 45 Years of age are eligible to apply.