CUSAT CAT Eligibility Criteria 2018 is an extensive topic. Eligibility Criteria for CUSAT CAT 2018 is about minimum qualifications candidates need to have in order to be eligible for the Common Admission Test conducted by Cochin University of Science and Technology. With the online registration, CUSAT releases CUSAT CAT Eligibility Criteria 2018 so that candidates may be well aware about the same. CUSAT CAT Eligibility Criteria 2018 will be provided for each programme for which the CAT will take place in the month of April. Information on this topics is officially will be made available through CUSAT CAT 2018 Information Brochure. On this page you will get all details of CUSAT CAT Eligibility Criteria 2018.
CUSAT CAT Eligibility 2018
Cochin University of Science and Technology will be published notification for CUSAT CAT 2018 in the last week of January 2018. Last Year CUSAT CAT Eligibility Criteria is given here for various courses. Candidate should check their CUSAT CAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria before applying for CUSAT CAT 2018 examination.
Candidates belonging to Kerala Scheduled Caste (KSC) and Kerala Scheduled Tribe (KST) communities are eligible for applying, if they have minimum pass marks in the qualifying examination unless otherwise mentioned specifically.
For all Under Graduate Programmes except 3 year LLB programme, are designed for students who have completed their 12th Grade (Plus 2) with required eligibility conditions. Only graduates with prescribed eligibility conditions can apply for 3 year LLB programme.
In the case of Post Graduate programmes, SEBC candidates of Kerala State with Non-Creamy Layer Status are eligible for 5% relaxation in the minimum required marks for qualifying examination unless otherwise specified. Candidates with valid GATE score are eligible for 5% relaxation in the qualifying examination marks for M Tech Programmes.
Last Year Eligibility Criteria for CUSAT CAT is given below.
Chart showing the minimum eligibility criteria and the code number/name of the compulsory Test/Examination:
Common norms for M Phil Programmes
- The admission to and conduct of M Phil programme of will be governed by the latest regulations of M Phil approved by CUSAT.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks shall be given to the SC/ST candidates in the qualifying examination.
- 50% of the seats of the course shall be reserved for University or College teachers. Priority shall be given to those coming under the Faculty Improvement Programme (FIP) of the UGC or Quality Improvement Programme (QIP) of AICTE.
- Teachers of a University Department or Colleges recognized by or affiliated to a statutory or “Deemed” University having not less than three years of teaching experience will also be eligible for admission to the course.
- If sufficient number of teacher candidates is not available, the corresponding vacancies shall be filled by the candidates from the general quota
Admission to the PhD Programme (Full time/Part Time)
- The admission procedure and the PhD programme will be governed by the latest PhD Regulations of the Cochin University of Science and Technology.
- 2 Candidates seeking registration to the PhD programme shall hold a Master’s Degree from a recognized University with 55% marks in the qualifying examination, or a CGPA of 6.0 in the 10 point scale or an equivalent grade in similar scales. A candidate belonging to SC/ST community is eligible for concession up to 10% marks for admission provided that he/she has a pass in the qualifying examination.
- A candidate who wishes to pursue a programme of study and research leading to the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy of the University will be required to seek registration to the programme as a full-time / part-time research student in a University Department / Recognized Institution under an appropriate faculty and an approved guide.
- Candidates seeking registration shall have to appear for the Departmental Admission Test (DAT)/Interview and get ranked as per the regulation.
- In the case of a Recognized Institution, part-time registration would be granted only for permanent employees of that institution as per rules.
- Candidates, who are working in research projects relevant to the research topic that has been taken up by a Department / School of the University, are eligible for Part Time or Full Time registration if they are admitted to Ph D programme.
- Candidates, who are working in research projects relevant to the research topic that has been taken up by a by a Recognized Institution and funded by internal or external agencies are eligible for full-time registration only if they are admitted to the Ph.D. programme.
- Candidates who are applying for registration as part-time scholars shall be considered for registration only if the Department Research Committee is convinced that effective supervision can be ensured.
The following candidates are exempted from DAT:
- Candidates who possess National/Kerala State research fellowships with valid score, with committed financial assistance at the time of seeking admission, in any of the National / State level eligibility tests conducted by the agencies or by industries so recognized by the University for the purpose.
- Candidates who have qualified UGC-NET Lectureship examination or GATE/ICAR/KSCSTE/CSIR/NBHM/ICSS/M Phil
- Candidates who have been awarded Fellowships by the Govt. of India or the Government of Kerala for pursuing doctoral research leading to Ph D Degree.
- Foreign students who have been sponsored under a scholarship scheme by the Government of India for undergoing Ph D Programme in India.
- Teachers of Universities/Aided Colleges in Kerala, teachers who are working in Government Institutions/Quasi Government recognized by Cochin University of Science and Technology and Scientists in National Level Research Laboratories, with a minimum continuous service of five years as permanent employees.
Post-Doctoral Fellowship (PDF):
- CUSAT offers one Post-Doctoral Fellowship in each Department/ School.
- PDF shall be tenable at any Department / School of the University, open throughout the year.
- The minimum qualification required for the award of a PDF shall be a recognised Doctoral Degree with at least two research publications in referred journals.
- PDF are awarded @ Rs.25,000/- per month towards fellowship amount along with an annual Contingency Grant of Rs.20,000/-.
- The maximum age for applying for Post-Doctoral Fellowship is limited to 45 years.
- Research experience after the award of PhD only will be considered for PDF.
- To apply for PDF, the candidate shall identify a Mentor who shall be a permanent Faculty of the University, holding a Doctoral Degree and shall be a recognized Research Guide of the University and prepare a Research Project Proposal in consultation with the Mentor in the specific format provided by the University and submit the same to the Head/Director of the Department/School after authentication by the Mentor.
- PDF shall be awarded for a maximum period of three years based on yearly performance appraisal.
- Leave rules are as applicable to research fellows of the University.
- Prescribed application forms are available with the Schools/Departments.
Admission Procedure for PhD
Eligible Candidates seeking admission to the Ph.D programme should first attend & qualify The Departmental Admission Test (DAT).
A minimum score of 50% marks (45% in the case of SC /ST) in the DAT (written test) is compulsory.
Only those candidates who score the minimum required marks in written test will be called for interview with the Research Committee or with a Sub Committee appointed by the DRC.
The Committee shall also scrutinize the academic records of the candidate, the research proposal made by him/her in the application, the long term plan of the academic work to be undertaken by the candidate and recommend remedial courses to be taken by the candidate to complete the requirements of the course work. For the new Ph.D regulations please visit website (cusat.ac.in).
The final rank list for PhD programme will be prepared on the basis of the total score calculated as detailed below:
- Marks obtained in the Master’s Degree 30%
- Marks obtained in the written Test 50%
- Marks obtained in the interview 20%
Categories of Seats, Reservation of seats, Quota etc. and Eligibility for each
State Merit Seats (SM): Out of the total approved seats of Self-financing B Tech Programmes 50% are earmarked as State Merit Seats with lower rate of fees. Keralites, as defined in this prospectus, and who have selected Keralite status in the on-line application alone can opt for State Merit Seats.
All India Merit Seats (AIM): Out of the total approved seats of Self-financing B Tech Programmes 40% seats are earmarked as All India Merit Seats with higher rate of fees. Both Keralite and Non-Keralite candidates can opt for AIM seats.
All India Quota (AIQ): For the regular B Tech Programmes viz.B Tech in (Naval Architecture and Ship Building), B Tech (Instrumentation Technology) and B Tech (Polymer Science Engineering) and for all programmes other than B Tech Programmes 10% of the total approved seats are earmarked as All India quota. Both Keralites and Non-Keralites are eligible to be considered against AIQ. The remaining seats are reserved for candidates who are Keralites as defined in this prospectus and who have opted Keralite status during the on-line application process.
Non-Resident Indian Seats (NRI): Out of the total approved seats of B Tech self-financing programmes, 10% seats are set apart as NRI seats with a different fee structure. Similarly 10% of the total seats of LLB and LLM programmes and all undergraduate and post graduate programmes that do not require AICTE approval are reserved for NRI candidates on supernumerary basis.NRI Status is not essential to apply for these seats. Those who intend to be considered to NRI seats should invariably choose “NRI” in the “special reservation” section during the process of online application and in the case of B Tech, such candidates must choose NRI seat as one of their option in the order of preference along with other options. In the case of programmes other than B Tech for which NRI seats are available those who have applied for NRI seats shall be considered automatically for Non-NRI seats as their first option and for NRI seats as their second option.