CUSAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria – Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT) conducts Common Admission Test (CAT) for admission into various undergraduate and post-graduate courses. The university defined some terms and conditions for the students who wish to study any course from there. The eligibility criteria of CUSAT 2020 varies for each course and candidates can check it from below.
CUSAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
CUSAT CAT is conducted for many UG and PG courses, it is important to meet all these terms and conditions to take admission. Before filling the application form, it is important to check the eligibility criteria because at any time, false information may lead to rejection of candidature. Check the detailed CUSAT 2020 eligibily criteria from this page.
Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech and B.Voc Programmes
For B.Tech Programmes/ B.Tech Polymer Science and Engineering
- The candidates should have passed 10+2 or its equivalent examination of the state of Kerala with the subjects physics, chemistry and mathematics as optional subjects.
- Candidates must have secured minimum 50% marks in mathematics alone and 50% marks in physics, chemistry and mathematics when taken together.
- 5% relaxation given to SEBC candidates of Kerala belonging to NCL category.
For B.Tech Marine Engineering Programme
- The candidates must have passed 10+2 examination from Kerala or its equivalent examination with the subjects chemistry, physics and mathematics
- The candidates must have secured minimum 60% in PCM and 50% in mathematics alone
- The candidates should have passed 10th and 12th with minimum 50% marks (applicable for SC / ST candidates)
- The candidates must not be more than 25 years as on September 01, of the same year,
- Candidates must have a physical fitness and eye certificate from a medical officer approved by the DG shipping.
For B.Tech Instrumentation Engineering
- The candidates who want to pursue this course must have passed class 12th from any national / state board with the subjects mathematics, chemistry and physics,
- The candidates must have secured a minimum of 55% in mathematics and 60% marks in physics, chemistry and mathematics when put together.
- 5% relaxation in marks for SEBC candidates of Kerala (NCL category)
For B.Voc Business Process and Data Analytics Programme
- For pursuing this course, the candidates should have complete 10+2 from national / state board with statistics or mathematics as one of their subjects.
- The candidates applying for this course must have at least 65% in aggregate or equivalent CGPA
- 5% relaxation for SEBC candidates belonging to Kerala (NCL category)
Eligibility Criteria for M.Sc Programmes
The candidates who are required to pursue M.Sc programme must meet the eligibility criteria given below.
For M.Sc (5 year integrated) Photonics Programme
- For pursuing M.Sc. in Photonics, the candidates must have completed 10+2 from Kerala with the subjects mathematics, physics, chemistry as an optional subject or any equivalent examination.
- The candidates must have secured at least 50% marks in mathematics and 50% marks aggregate in physics, mathematics and chemistry.
- 5% relaxation in marks for SEBC of Kerala (NCL category).
For M.Sc (5 years integrated) Science Programme
Qualification – who have completed Class 12th from any recognised Board or its equivalent examination with Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics as subjects
Minimum marks – must have obtained at least 75% aggregate marks in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics
Note – Those who possess KVPY (Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana) scholarship will be given preference for admission. Such candidates need not required to appear for CAT, however, they have to apply for CAT through online and should pay the application fee.
Eligibility Criteria for Law Programmes
For pursuing any of the courses in the law stream, candidates must ensure that they fulfill the criteria given below.
For BBA LLB and B Com LLB
- For pursuing any of the courses from the law stream, the candidates must have qualified 10+2. They must have obtained 60% marks which include languages in arts / humanities stream.
- The candidates belonging to SC / ST / SEBC must not be older than 20 or 22
- Candidates belonging to SC / ST or SEBC communities must have minimum 50% marks in class 12th.
For 5-year Integrated LLM (IPR) PhD
- For pursuing this course, the candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in law from any of the universities in Kerala or from any other university.
- The candidates must have done bachelor’s with minimum 55% aggregate marks.
LLM (IP) PhD
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in economics, political science, history, management, science and technology from any of the universities.
- The candidates must have secured at least 55% marks.
Eligibility Criteria for MCA and MCA Lateral Programme
Candidates can look at the the eligibility criteria given below for MCA programmes.
For MCA Programme, MCA Lateral Entry
- Those want to pursue MCA must have done graduation in science with mathematics as one of their subjects or must have completed graduation in electronics / information technology / computer science / computer application / engineering / technology.
- The candidates must have secured minimum 60% marks.
- 5% of relaxation for SEBC candidates of Kerala (NCL category)
Eligibility Criteria for MA Programmes
For MA Applied Economics
Qualifications – The candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in Economics and must have minimum 55% marks or have secured 60% marks in BBA, B.Com, BBM with economics OR have secured 65% arks in B.Sc. mathematics or statistics.
Relaxation: 5% relaxation will be given to SEBC candidates of Kerala belonging NCL category.
For MA Hindi Language and Literature
Qualifications – The candidates must have a B.A. / B.SC degree in Hindi and must have atleast 45% marks.
Relaxation: 5% relation to SEBC candidates of Kerala (NCL category)
Eligibility Criteria for MSc, MFsc and MVoc Programmes
- For pursuing M.Sc programme, the candidates must have a bachelor’s degree with 55% marks.
- For pursuing MFSc. programme, the applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree with 55% marks.
- For taking admission in M.Voc programme, the candidates must obtain 60% marks in the respective subject or 50% marks in engineering.
About CUSAT CAT
CUSAT Common Admission Test is conducted by Cochin University of Science and Technology for numerous UG and PG courses. CUSAT CAT is a computer-based test. It consists of multiple-choice questions from the subjects selected by the candidates. The test is conducted for the duration of 3 hours. After the entrance test, the selected candidates need to appear for the group discussuion and interview.
Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT) is a government-owned science and technology university that was founded in 1971. It was named as the University of Cochin, whereas later on it was named as CUSAT in 1986. It offers various courses at UG, PG, and doctoral levels. It has the motto, “may the light illumine on us”. It constitutes 3 campuses including Kochi campus.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.