|Exam||Last Date||Apply Now|
|CAT||25 Sep 2017||Click Here|
|SNAP||24 Nov 2017||Click Here|
|NMAT||03 Oct 2017||Click Here|
|XAT||30 Nov 2017||Click Here|
CUSAT DAT 2017 is conducted by the Cochin University of Science and Technology. Applicants for all Certificate / Diploma programmes, MA Translation (German/Russian) and M Tech/M. Phil./Ph D programmes will be required to appear for the CUSAT DAT 2017 conducted by the respective Department / School of CUSAT. There can be DAT for M.Tech programmes also, if the number of candidates with GATE score is insufficient.
Latest – CUSAT DAT Admit card is now available for download. Check the link below.
CUSAT DAT 2017
Interested candidates who satisfy eligibility criteria can apply through CUSAT DAT 2017. Applicants to M.Phil / Ph.D Programmes need not apply on-line. Admission through DAT and Interview conducted by concerned Department. Interested candidates may contact the concerned Departments for further details.
Important dates for the CUSAT DAT 2017 is given below.
|Issue and receipt of offline Applications from Departments for admissions to PhD/M.Phil/Diploma/ Certificate Programmes||14 Feb 2017– 15 Mar 2017|
|Date of DAT exam (M.Tech, M.Phil, Ph.D & Diploma Programmes)||19 Jun 2017 at 10:00 AM|
Eligibility for Admission to the Ph.D Programme
- Candidates seeking registration to the Ph.D programme shall hold a Master’s Degree from a recognized University with 55% marks in the qualifying examination, or a CGPA of 6.0 in the 10 point scale or an equivalent grade in similar scales. A candidate belonging to SC/ST community is eligible for concession upto 10% marks for admission provided that he/she has a pass in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates seeking registration shall have to appear the Department Admission Test and ranked as per the norms laid down in the regulation.
- Candidates who possess national/state research fellowship with valid scores, with committed financial assistance at the time of seeking admission, in any of the national/state level eligibility tests conducted by the agencies or by industries so recognized by the University for the purpose, are exempted from provision (ii) above.
- Teachers of Universities/Aided Colleges in Kerala/Teachers who are working in Quasi Government/Government Institutions recognized by CUSAT and scientists in National Level Research Laboratories, who have put in five years of continuous service, and foreign nationals who have been sponsored under a scholarship scheme by the Government of India for undergoing Ph.D. programme in India, are exempted from provision (ii) above.
Candidates seeking admission to the Ph.D programme
Should qualify The Departmental Admission Test (DAT) which shall have two parts,
- Written Test
Should have scored at least 50% marks in the written examination to be eligible to be ranked for admission. For Ph.D Programmes Candidates belonging to SC/ST communities are entitled to a concession of 5% marks in the written examination of the DAT.
The weightage for written test and interview for ranking will be as follows.
|Marks obtained in the Master’s Degree Level||30%|
|Marks obtained in the written test||50%|
|Marks obtained in the interview||20%|
Selection Procedure for M. Tech., M.Phil and Ph. D programmes
Rank lists for M. Tech. programmes are prepared on the basis of the valid GATE Score. When the GATE Scores of two or more candidates are equal, the marks scored at the qualifying examination are reckoned as the tie-breaker. Seats set apart for candidates from different disciplines in interdisciplinary M. Tech. programmes will be allotted on the basis of their GATE Scores in the respective disciplines. Candidates without GATE Score will be considered only if sufficient numbers of applicants with valid GATE Score are not available. Candidates without valid GATE score and sponsored candidates will have to appear for a Department Admission Test (DAT) conducted in the Department/ School concerned.
GATE score will not be considered for the following M Tech programmes
- MTech Marine Engineering: GATE score is not considered. The admission will be based on the Rank list prepared by giving due weightage to qualifying degree marks (50%) , Admission Test conducted by the Department (40%), and number of years experience after obtaining the degree (weightage is at the rate of 1% per year of experience subject to a maximum of 10%). In the case of Marine Engineers possessing M.E.O Class II Certificate of competency 5% weightage and for those possessing M.E.O. Class I Certificate 10% weightage.
- MTech in Marine Bio-Technology: GATE score is not considered. Selection of candidates is done by Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) on behalf of Department of Bio-Technology, Government of India through a National Test along with all such examinations conducted by the JNU. For details visit JNU website: www.jnu.ac.in. For details on (NCAAH) please visit www.ncaah.org
M.Phil Programmes are offered by the following Schools/Departments of CUSAT. Candidates seeking admission to the Master of Philosophy degree course should have passed a Master’s degree examination in the concerned subject of any of the Universities approved by the University Grants Commission (UGC) or an examination accepted by the Academic Council as equivalent thereto and have obtained a minimum of 55% aggregate marks (or equivalent grade) in the examination. Candidates who have passed the Master’s degree examination in the Distance / Continuing Education mode are eligible for admission only if their degree is approved by UGC.
A relaxation of 5% of marks shall be given to the SC/ST candidates. Teachers of a University Department or College recognized by or affiliated to a statutory or “Deemed” University having not less than three years of teaching experience will also be eligible for admission to the course. 50% of the seats of the course shall be reserved for University or College teachers. Priority shall be given to those coming under the Faculty Improvement Programme (FIP) of the UGC or Quality Improvement Programme (QIP) of AICTE.
Ph. D Programmes
Candidates for Ph. D. programmes are advised to ascertain the areas of research and the availability of vacancies under their proposed Supervising Guides in the University Departments / Schools or Recognized Institutions before obtaining the application Forms.
A candidate who wishes to pursue a programme of study and research leading to the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy of the University will be required to seek registration to the programme as a full-time / part-time research student in a University Department / Recognized Institution under an appropriate Faculty. In the case of a Recognized Institution, part- time registration would be granted only for permanent employees of that institution. Candidates, who are working in research projects relevant to the research topic that has been taken up by a Department or by a Recognized Institution and funded by internal or external agencies, will be deemed to be full-time students if they are admitted to the Ph.D. programme. Candidates who are applying for registration, as part-time students shall be considered for registration only where the Research Committee is convinced that effective supervision can be ensured.
For more details of CUSAT DAT 2017 – Download Information Brochure.