The application form for CUSAT DAT 2018 has been released. The University will issue Admit Card for only those candidates who will successfully register for the exam. The admit card for CUSAT DAT 2018 will not be sent by post. The entrance exam is conducted by the Cochin University of Science and Technology for admission in all Certificate / Diploma programmes/ M Tech/M. Phil./Ph D programmes. Check more details regarding the CUSAT DAT 2018 in the page below.
CUSAT DAT 2018
The application form for Ph.D./M.Phil/Diploma Programmes are available offline, whereas, for M.Tech admission, the application form will be available online. Candidates can check complete schedule for CUSAT DAT 2018 in the table below.
|Issue and receipt of offline Applications from Departments for admissions to Ph.D./M.Phil/Diploma Programmes||07 Feb 2018|
|Last date to submit the offline application form|
|Extended date of Online registration for M.Tech programme without fine||15 Mar to 21 Apr 2018|
|Extended date of Online registration for M.Tech programme (with fine of Rs 100/-)||22 Apr to 30 Apr 2018|
|Date of Downloading the Admit Card of DAT exam||15 Apr 2018|
|Date of DAT exam (M.Phil, PhD & Diploma Programmes)||28 Apr 2018|
|Declaration of CUSAT DAT 2018 Result||To be notified|
CUSAT DAT 2018 Application Form
The application form for CUSAT DAT 2018 is available in different modes for different courses. To apply for Ph.D./M.Phil/Diploma Programmes, the application form is available in offline mode. The offline application form can be obtained from and submitted to the concerned Departments within the time prescribed above. A DD in favour of ‘Registrar, CUSAT’ payable at Ernakulam for the applicable amount is to be submitted to obtain the application from the departments. To apply for the M.Tech programme, the aspirants need to complete the application process by online mode only. The online registration for M.Tech has started. In the application form, you will need to enter your basic information, course details, upload photograph and signature, choose exam centre, provide GATE score, if applicable, and pay the application fee.
Apply Online: Click Here to register online for CUSAT DAT 2018 for M.tech Programme.
The applicants need to pay the following amount as per their category:
|Application fee for Post Doctoral /Diploma/Certificate Programmes|
|General Category Candidates||Rs.1000/-|
|SC/ST Category Candidates||Rs.500/-|
|Application Fee for M.tech Programme|
|General Category Candidates||Rs. 1000|
|SC/ST Category Candidates||Rs. 500|
|Application fee for International Students|
|For all courses||US$100|
CUSAT DAT 2018 Admit Card
The admit card for CUSAT DAT 2018 will be available for download online at cusat.nic.in. The admit card will consist of the basic information about the exam such as its date, timings and address of the venue, To download the admit card, you will need to enter details such User ID and Password as provided at the time of registration. It is important that candidate should carry the print out of the CUSAT DATE 2018 Admit Card on the day of the examination.
CUSAT DAT 2018 Selection Criteria
The selection of candidates will be on the basis of DAT Score, followed by Interview, or other selection criteria.
For M.Tech Programme
The Rank lists for M. Tech. programmes are prepared on the basis of the valid GATE Score. When the GATE Scores of two or more candidates are equal, the marks scored at the qualifying examination are considered as the tie-breaker. HCandidates without valid GATE score and sponsored candidates will have to appear for a Department Admission Test (DAT) conducted in the Department/ School concerned.
GATE score will not be considered for the following M Tech programmes
- MTech Marine Engineering: GATE score is not required. Preference will be given to those who have passed M.E.O class IV examination or a minimum of 2 years professional experience in shipbuilding /ship repair yard /ship design office/Indian Navy. The admission will be based on the Rank list prepared by giving due weightage to qualifying degree marks (50%), Admission Test conducted by the Department (40%), and number of years of experience after obtaining the degree (weightage is at the rate of 1% per year of experience subject to a maximum of 10%). In the case of Marine Engineers possessing M.E.O Class II Certificate of competency 5% weightage and for those possessing M.E.O. Class I Certificate 10% weightage.
- MTech in Marine Bio-Technology: GATE score is not considered. Selection of candidates is done by Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) on behalf of Department of Bio-Technology, Government of India through a National Test along with all such examinations conducted by the JNU.
For M.Phil Programme – The selection of candidates for M.Phil programmes will be on the basis of the following:
For PhD Programme – The candidates will be selected for PhD programme only if they obtain 50% marks in CUSAT DAT 2018. The final rank list for PhD programme will be prepared on the basis of following:
CUSAT DAT 2018 Result
The result for CUSAT DAT 2018 will be released online at the University’s official website. The candidates will be able to check their result by entering details such as Roll Number, Username, Password. The candidates who will obtain minimum cut off marks in the entrance test will be declared as qualified and their name will be included in the rank list.
CUSAT DAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Before proceeding to apply online, the candidates must ensure that they fulfil the eligibility conditions laid down by the University. The eligibility criteria to apply for CUSAT DAT 2018 is as follows:
- To apply for M.Tech programmes, the candidate should possess a Bachelor’s degree in the concerned discipline with minimum 60% aggregate marks. Also, the candidate should have a valid GATE score, wherever applicable.
- For admission to MPhil programme, the applicants should hold an M.Sc. degree in the concerned discipline with at least 55% marks (5% relaxation in case of SC/ST candidates).
- For admission in PhD programme, the applicants should possess a Master’s Degree from a recognized University with 55% marks in the qualifying examination. A candidate belonging to SC/ST community is eligible for concession up to 10% marks for admission provided that he/she has a pass in the qualifying examination.
For more details of CUSAT DAT 2018 – Download Information Brochure.