Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha, Tirupati, will conduct the Vidyavaridhi (Ph.D.) Entrance Test – 2019 (VVET) at specified centers in different parts of the country. Candidates can check all the details like application procedure, eligibility criteria, selection procedure of VVET 2019 from this page given below.
VVET 2019 – Vidyavaridhi (Ph.D) Entrance Test will be conducted on May 26, 2019. Candidates must fill the Application Form before the last date i.e. March 01, 2019. Check the below-provided schedule to have a more clear understanding of the upcoming event.
|Date of Online Application||21 Jan 2019|
|Last date of Online Applications with paying the fee through Online||01 Mar 2019 (by 12:00 Midnight)|
|Last date of Online Application with paying the fee through Online With Fine||11 Mar 2019 (by 12:00 Midnight)|
|The date for downloading of Admit Card||25 Apr 2019|
|Date of Entrance Examination||26 May 2019|
|Date of declaration of Results||19 June 2019|
|Counseling for Vidyavaridhi (Ph.D.)
|01 August 2019|
Schedule for VVET 2019 is given above. Check the schedule before applying online.
The VVET 2019 application form is available online. The applicants should fill the prescribed online application from websites of Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha, Tirupati. Candidates must read the eligibility criteria first. Any application submitted after the last date will not be entertained. Link to fill the Application Form is also provided below.
Apply Online: Click here to fill the VVET 2019 Application Form for Ph.D online.
- Rs. 1200/- SC/ST/OBC/PwD Candidates.
- Rs. 1500/- General/Others/ Unreserved Candidates
1. The online Application fee must be submitted through online only.
2. Rs.300/- is a late application fee for all categories candidates for Ph.D.
3. Do not send any examination fee or other online application fees.
4. The candidates will need to pay an additional processing charge (as per policy of payment gateway) or Credit/Debit/Net Banking etc. to pay the online application fee.
- All those candidates who want to appear for Vidyavaridhi Entrance Test should have passed Acharya/M.A. (Sanskrit) or an equivalent degree (Sanskrit) from Universities, duly recognized by University Grants Commission obtaining at least 55% marks in aggregate.
- For Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC(Non-Creamy layer), /Person with Disability (PwD) categories should have passed Acharya/M.A(Sanskrit)/equivalent degree (Sanskrit) with a minimum of 50% of Marks.
- Foreign candidates who have passed Acharya/M.A. (Sanskrit)/ equivalent degree (Sanskrit) with 55% or more marks in aggregate from any University outside India can also apply for the VVET through the Ministry of External Affairs or Ministry of Human Resource Development. Govt. of India.
- For appearing in the test, such candidates also shall be considered eligible who have appeared for Acharya/M.A(Sanskrit)/equivalent degree (Sanskrit) but their result is awaited, Such candidates shall be required to submit their mark-sheets showing the prescribed percentage of marks required for the registration, before the admission.
- Those eligible candidates who have passed in Vishishtacharya (M.Phil), cleared JRF/NET/SLET and awarded with National Fellowship (NF) are exempted from the Vidyavaridhi Entrance Test, but they must apply online application by paying the prescribed fee through online.
- Reservation policy of G.O.I. shall be followed (Scheduled Caste – 15%, Scheduled Tribes – 7.5%, OBC – 27%) and other reservations are as per GOI policy from time to time.
- Competent Authorities for issuing the Certificates for Reserved Categories are – District Magistrate/Sub-Divisional Magistrate/Tehsildar.
Vidhyavaridhi will release admit card for P.hd entrance test. Admit card will be released for those candidates who will fill up the form accurately and applies before the last date. Candidates can download it from the official website and for the amenity of the candidates, a direct link will be provided below also. Go to the link and download your admit card as it is an important document to be carried in the exam hall. Without admit card no candidate will be allowed to take the exam.
For this entrance test, there will be two papers of one and a half hours each, with maximum marks of 100 per paper.
Question paper 1, Time: 02:30 to 4:00 P.M., M.M. 100
There will be 100 objective type questions on the following topics:
- General knowledge (India and Indian Society and culture) – 6
- Gradual development of Sanskrit language in various periods and sciences – 6
- Various religions and philosophies (prevalent in India/originated in India) – 6
- Fundamentals of all the disciplines (Shastras). (basic principles only) – 6
- Manuscript Science/general introductory knowledge about research-methodology – 6
- Veda – 4
- Chandas – 4
- Jyotisha – 4
- Puranetihasa – 4
- Alankar – 4
- General Knowledge of Sanskrit Grammar (Sandhi, Compounds, Case-endings voices, Subanta, Tignanta, Kridanta, Taddhita etc.) – 25
- General knowledge of Sanskrit Literature – 25
Question Paper –2, Time 04:10 P.M. to 5:40 P.M., M.M. 100
(Essay type questions) :
1. In this paper, the candidates’ knowledge in the subject studied at Acharya/ M.A.(Sanskrit) level will be tested.
2. The candidate can select any of the following subjects as per his choice.
3. No Candidate shall be permitted to take the test in more than one subject.
This paper will contain essay type questions. There will be two parts to this question paper i.e. Part A and Part B.
- Part A – Educational Research Methodology – 10 marks x 5 questions (out of 8 questions)- 50
- Part B –Concerned Subject / Shastra 25marks x 2 questions (out of 4 Questions)- 50
The allotment of the center for examination is done as per information provided by the officials. Once the center for examination is allotted, it will not be changed. The candidate has to appear at the allotted center only.
The candidates, appearing for this test are expected to
- Have sufficient knowledge of the subject offered at Acharya/M.A. level;
- Have an introductory knowledge of research methodology/ editing a book or adept in the science of manuscripts.
- Have sufficient general knowledge about Indian History and its culture, Sanskrit literature and the various stages of the development of language;
- Have sufficient general knowledge of the contemporary world and the constitutional structure of modern India.
Minimum Percentage of Marks Required for Passing VVET-2019
The applicants who will be able to obtain at least 50% marks in the first part of VVET only their second part of question paper will be evaluated. Minimum 50% marks are required in the second part also. Thereafter the selection will be made as per the merit list.
Result VVET 2019 (Ph.D.)
Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha, Tirupati will conduct the Vidyavaridhi (Ph.D.) Entrance Test – May 26, 2019 (VVET). It will release its result for the same. Candidates who will qualify for the same can prepare for further admission process.
Official Website: www.slbsrsv.ac.in
For reference on VVET 2019, you can download information brochure.