DASA 2019 – Seat allotment result for the First phase UG Admission has been released at dasanit.org. The Direct Admission of Students Abroad (DASA) is conducted by National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal, India. Aspirants seeking admission under DASA Scheme had to apply online, fill an online application form and make fee payment through E-payment on or before June 11, 2019. Applicants also have to submit their SAT scores. The candidates are allotted a seat on the basis of their SAT subject test scores and the choices submitted by the applicant in the order of their merit and priority taken together. Check more details on DASA 2019 from this page.
DASA 2019 – UG Admission
Under the DASA scheme, a candidate will be provided admission on the basis of SAT score which must directly reach from College Board, USA, to National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal so as to reach Coordinator, DASA 2019, in the registered office before the last date, along with the application fee. No separate entrance exam is conducted for such students under this scheme.
DASA 2019 Important Dates: The candidates can keep a track of DASA 2019 related events from the table below.
|DASA UG 2019||Important Dates|
|Submission of online application||02 Apr 2019 – 11 Jun 2019|
|Last date for receipt of SAT Subject Test Score||11 Jun 2019|
|First round of Seat Allotment||24 Jun 2019|
|Confirmation by candidates who have been allotted a seat in Round 1||24 – 27 Jun 2019|
|Second Round of Seat Allotment||30 Jun 2019|
|Confirmation by candidates who have been allotted a seat in Round 2||30 Jun 2019 – 03 Jul 2019|
|Third Round of Seat Allotment||06 Jul 2019|
|Confirmation by candidates who have been allotted a seat in Round 3||06 – 09 Jul 2019|
|Choice refilling and new applicants registration (If payment is made by SWIFT then it should be paid by 05th July 2019)||10 – 13 Jul 2019|
|Fourth Round of Seat Allotment||17 Jul 2019|
|Confirmation by candidates who have been allotted a seat in Round 4||17 – 20 Jul 2019|
|Reporting to allotted Institutes by candidates who have been allotted a seat in Rounds 1, 2, 3, and 4||21 – 26 Jul 2019|
|Internal Sliding||27 Jul 2019|
|The announcement of vacant seat matrix for Spot round||29 Jul 2019|
|Choice refilling and new applicants registration for Spot Round (If payment is made by SWIFT then it should be paid by 29th July 2019)||30 Jul 2019 – 01 Aug 2019|
|Spot Round against vacant seats & Spot Round Allotment||03 Aug 2019|
|Reporting to allotted Institutes by candidates who have been allotted a seat in Spot Round||04 – 08 Aug 2019|
DASA 2019 Seat Allotment
Seat Allotment result has been released for DASA UG Admission 2019. Candidates need to login and check the same. Seat allotment is strictly based on valid SAT Subject Test scores and the choices given by the applicant in the order of their merit and priority taken together.
(a) Consideration of SAT Subject Test Scores
Only those applicants whose valid SAT subject test scores have been received by NITK Surathkal directly from College Board would be considered for the preparation of merit list subject to their satisfying all other requirements. In case of applicants who have made multiple attempts, the best of the valid individual subject scores communicated by the College Board will be used to compute the total SAT subject test scores.
(b) Preparation of Merit List
A merit list of all the eligible applicants would be drawn on the basis of total SAT Subject Test scores only. Only those applicants, whose valid SAT Subject Test scores have been received by NITK Surathkal, on or before June 11, 2019, directly from College Board, will be considered for merit list preparation and seat allotment. If the SAT Subject Test scores (total) of two or more applicants are same, the inter se merit of such applicant shall be
determined as follows: By Marks obtained in SAT Subject Test for Mathematics Level 2 followed by Physics. In case the tie is not broken by the above consideration then the date of birth of the applicants will be compared and the older applicant will be given higher merit.
The decision of DASA 2019 Core Committee in this regard shall be final and binding on all concerned.
(c) Allotment of Institutions and Courses
Based on the merit list drawn as above, the allotment of Institution and course would be made as per the choices indicated by the applicant in his/her application form. An applicant appearing higher on merit list would get higher priority in allotment of course / Institution of his / her choices as compared to an applicant appearing lower in the merit list. In case, Institute/course of first preference indicated by the applicant is not available, he/she will be allotted the 2nd preference (Institute/course) and so on. Such of those applicants who have not been allotted any seat will be indicated as Not allotted in the allotment list. In such cases, the applicants will be eligible for Round 2, Round 3 and Round 4 of allotment against vacancies.
Seat Allotment: Click Here to check the Round 1 seat allotment for UG DASA Admission.
DASA 2019 Member Colleges
DASA 2019 is a scheme for foreign nationals/NRI category candidate who wishes to pursue an engineering course in India, in the following prestigious institutions.
- National Institute of Technology, Agartala, Tripura
- Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology Allahabad
- National Institute of Technology, Arunachal Pradesh
- Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
- National Institute of Technology, Calicut, Kerala
- National Institute of Technology, Delhi
- National Institute of Technology, Durgapur, West Bengal
- National Institute of Technology, Goa
- National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh
- Malaviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur, Rajasthan
- National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar, Punjab
- National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur, Jharkhand
- National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra, Haryana
- National Institute of Technology, Manipur
- National Institute of Technology, Mizoram
- Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur, Maharashtra
- National Institute of Technology, Patna, Bihar
- National Institute of Technology, Puducherry, Karaikkal
- National Institute of Technology, Raipur, Chhattisgarh
- National Institute of Technology, Rourkela,
- National Institute of Technology, Sikkim
- National Institute of Technology, Silchar, Assam
- National Institute of Technology, Srinagar
- Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat, Gujarat
- National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal, Karnataka
- National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli, Tamilnadu
- National Institute of Technology, Warangal, Telangana
- National Institute of Technology, Meghalaya
- National Institute of Technology, Uttarakhand
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad, (Jhalwa & Amethi Campus), UP
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing, Jabalpur, MP
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design & Manufacturing, Chennai
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Vadodara, Gandhinagar, Gujarat
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee Indian Institute of Information Technology & Management, Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Guwahati, Assam
- Indian Institute of Information Technology Lucknow
- Indian Institute of Information Technology Sri City, Chittoor, Andhra Pradesh
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Una, Himachal Pradesh
- Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Kottayam
- Indian Institute of Information and Technology, Sonepat
- School of Planning and Architecture, Bhopal
- School of Planning and Architecture, Delhi
- School of Planning & Architecture, Vijayawada
- Punjab Engineering College(Deemed to be University), Chandigarh
- Delhi Technological University, Delhi
- Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, Delhi
- Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Longowal, Punjab
- National Institute of Foundry and Forge Technology, Ranchi, Jharkhand
- Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University, Gandhinagar
- National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology, Aurangabad
- Netaji Subhas University of Technology Delhi
- Tezpur University, Assam
- Indian Maritime University
- Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, Katra, Jammu, and Kashmir
- The University Institute of Engineering of Technology (UIET), Punjab University, Chandigarh
- The University Institute of Chemical Engineering & Technology(UICET), Punjab University, Chandigarh
- UIET Panjab University Swami Sarvanand Giri Regional Centre (UIET PUSSRC), Hoshiarpur (Punjab)
DASA 2019 Eligibility Criteria
NITK Surathkal has laid some eligibility norms of the interested candidates which need to be fulfilled by each and every applicant. Below, we have mentioned those eligibility norms.
- Age Limit – Should be born on or after October 01, 1994.
- SAT Score – Minimum score of 1800 in SAT Subject Tests will be required.
- Marks Requirement – A minimum of 60%(or 6.50 CGPA) will be needed for a candidate to be eligible in his or her 10+2 level of exam.
- Qualification – Must have passed 10+2 level of the exam with Mathematics, Physics and any one of the following subjects – Chemistry, Biotechnology, Computer Science, Biology.
DASA 2019 Application Form
For applying under DASA 2019 Scheme, a candidate need to complete 2 steps- fill and submit the application forms online and send the SAT scores NITK Surathkal through College Board, USA. The first step itself will require, you to take furthermore some steps, which are as follows – Registration, Fill the Other Details, Uploading the documents and Paying off the application fees. All refunds will be through SWIFT/NEFT/RTGS transfer only. The applicant should submit online the request for Cancellation of Application/ Allotment/ Admission for DASA 2019 and refund remittance particulars. All eligible refunds will be processed as per DASA-2019 policy after the admission process is over.
DASA 2019 Fee Structure
DASA 2019 Fee structure has been released. Candidates can have a look at the fee structure under DASA scheme, given below:
Foreign Nationals, who are nationals of SAARC countries, are eligible for 50% Tuition Fee waiver provided they have passed the qualifying examination in SAARC countries. They are required to pay an amount of US$ 2,300 [US Dollars two thousand and three hundred only] along with the application form (i.e. US$ 2,000 towards first-semester tuition fee and a non-refundable registration fee of US$300).
All the participating Institutes would be requested to conduct internal sliding on July 27, 2019 on the basis of inter-se merit and choice for internal sliding indicated by the applicant at the time of admission for vacancies that exist in the particular institute on completion of admission process. After the internal sliding is completed, the participating Institutes will notify the vacancy status to DASA Office at NITK Surathkal.
DASA 2019 General Instructions
- Applicants are advised to read all instructions carefully, before filling the online application form.
- The application forms must be filled in English only. Application forms, filled in languages other than English will be summarily rejected.
- Upload a recent photograph (3.5 cm x 3.5 cm) while filling the application form.
- Fill the fee payment details and attach documentary evidence of payment as applicable.
- Upload scanned copies of other supporting documents, as already specified in the preceding sections.
- If any supporting documents are in languages other than English or Hindi, authenticated translated copy of the documents to English or Hindi must also be uploaded.
- Applicants who are nationals of Nepal but do not have a passport, need to submit the copy of Authenticated Citizenship Card.
- Applicant can fill up as many choices as he/she wishes. Please see the DASA website for details about the Institute and Courses offered under DASA 2019 Scheme.
- Applicant’s name should be consistently the same in SAT score as well as passport and other certificates.
Note: All decisions of DASA 2019 Core Committee regarding admissions under DASA
Scheme 2019 shall be final and binding. Disputes if any, relating to the admissions
under DASA Scheme 2019 coordinated by NITK Surathkal shall be subject to
the jurisdiction of The High Court of Karnataka, Bangalore, India only.
DASA 2019 Other Important Information
- All selected Foreign nationals must obtain a valid student visa as applicable to their category issued by the Indian Missions abroad. The visa can be obtained by producing the provisional admission letter and other required documents at the Indian Missions located in their respective country.
- The applicants, in their own interest, are advised to ensure that they are medically fit to pursue the prescribed course of study. The applicants would be required to submit the Medical Certificate from an authorized medical practitioner in their home country or India for general fitness. Alternatively, the applicants would be required to
undergo a medical fitness test at the time of reporting at concerned Institute. Please note that if the applicant is not medically fit, his / her admission is likely to be rejected.
- Applicants who have been provisionally allotted a seat in an Institution in the first four Rounds have to report for admission in these Institutions during July 21–26, 2019. Generally, the academic session at each Institute begins in the 3rd 4th week of July. The details regarding the documents/certificates to be submitted at the time of reporting at the Institute can be checked with respective Institutes. Applicants should submit the original marks card of the qualifying examination at the time of admission at the allotted Institute or submit within the dates specified by that Institute. Not reporting at the allotted Institute during the specified period entails cancellation of the allotted seat.
- Applicants are advised to contact or visit the respective Institutes for the details of branch change at the end of the first year. DASA 2019 will not be responsible for any branch change after all DASA 2019 admissions are over.
- Potential applicants should visit the websites of individual Institutes or directly approach the authorities of the concerned Institutes for details on academic regulations, placement, and opportunities for the internship.
- Most of the Institutes are residential and the applicants are required to reside in the campus. The hostels are well-equipped with amenities such as reading room, dining hall, etc. Potential applicants should visit the websites of individual Institutes or directly approach the authorities of the concerned Institutes for details of fees, residential requirements, etc.
- English is the medium of instruction at all the Institutes.
- There is a scholarship programme for Diaspora children, for higher and technical education in India. Click here for more details.
Official Website: www.dasanit.org
For more information, the candidate can download the DASA 2019 Information Brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.