DASA 2020 Application Form – NITK, Surathkal, has started the DASA application form submission process at dasanit.org. The application form to apply for Direct Admission of Students Abroad (DASA) is available online only until October 25, 2020. The foreign nationals and NRIs can fill the DASA application form for admission in UG engineering and architecture courses at NITs, IIITs, SPAs, and other participating institutes. The candidates with 60% marks in 10+2 and SAT score of at least 1800 can apply for admission via DASA. For more details on DASA 2020 application form, like how to apply, eligibility, documents needed, etc. read below.
Latest: DASA 2020 UG Application Process has restarted. Scroll down to check.
DASA 2020 Application Form
The application process of DASA 2020 includes not just filling the online application form, but includes also sending of SAT scores via the College Board, USA directly to NITK Surathkal. The schedule of DASA 2020 application form submission is given below:
|Registration and Submission of online application||20 Sep – |
|Last date to register and submit form and SAT score|
Apply Here: Click here to fill the application form for DASA 2020 UG Admission.
Official Website: dasanit.org
DASA 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check the eligibility before applying for DASA 2020.
- Age: Candidates born on or after October 01, 1995 are eligible to apply for DASA.
- Qualification: Candidate must have passed the 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and one of the subjects from (Chemistry, Biotechnology, Computer Science, Biology) in 11th and / or 12th.
- Marks: Candidate must have secured a minimum of at least 60% aggregate marks. SAT score of atleast 1800 is mandatory.
- Mandatory Requirement: Candidate must have qualified SAT Subject Test scores (Maths level 2, Physics, and Chemistry)
For detailed eligibility – Click here
DASA 2020 Application Fee
Candidates have to submit the application form along with the payment of the application fee and first-semester tuition fee. The amount of registration fee is non-refundable.
The application fee for DASA 2020:
|Admission Category||Registration Fee|
|Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries (CIWG)||US $ 300/-|
|DASA (Non -SAARC)||US $ 300/-|
|DASA (SAARC)||US $ 300/-|
Candidates can check the amount of first-semester tuition fees from below:
|Admission Category||Tuition Fee (For First Semester only)|
|DASA (Non -SAARC)||US $ 4000/-|
|DASA (SAARC)||US $ 2000/-|
Mode of payment
The fee can be paid via the following ways –
- Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication (SWIFT)
- National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT)
- Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS)
Click here to check DASA 2020 registration fee and first-semester fee structure payable before submission of online application for different admitted categories
Photograph Specifications for DASA 2020 Application Form
Uploading images and documents is an utmost important step in the registration process. Candidate can check the image specification criteria from the given table.
|Document||Format||File size||Other details|
|Passport size photo||JPG||Less than 100 kB||Size: 3.5 cm X 3.5 cm|
|Scanned signature||JPG||Less than 100 kB||–|
|Scanned copies of relevant documents||JPG/JPEG||Less than 500 kB||Colour / B&W/ Gray Scale|
Applicants must use any image editing software like Microsoft Office Picture Manager or Microsoft Paint to resize the photograph and documents. The editing of the images must be done as per the specification above. Make sure the images that are uploaded are clear and documents are readable.
Documents Needed for DASA 2020 Application Form
The candidates must keep the following documents ready at the time of filling the DASA 2020 application form.
- Applicant’s Passport
- Date of Birth proof
- Class 10th, 11th, and 12th mark-sheet
- Class 10th, 11th, and 12th certificate
- Proof of last 2 years of education in a foreign country in case of NRI
- Latest passport size photograph in JPG format
- Scanned signature of applicant in JPG format
- Scanned copies of relevant documents
Note 1 – Original documents are to be produced at the time of admission at the allotted institute. The admitting institute is responsible for the verification of documents and ensuring that all required documents as per rules are available.
Note 2 – For candidates hailing fro Nepal, who do not have a passport, a copy of the Authenticated Citizenship Card has to be submitted.
To upload the documents candidates have to take care of the below-given points
- The transcripts / marks / grade sheets of the qualifying examination should be self-attested.
- If any supporting documents are in languages other than English or Hindi, candidates need to upload the authenticated translated copy of the documents in English or Hindi.
Click here to check the official list of documents needed to submit DASA 2020 application form.
How to Fill DASA 2020 Application Form?
DASA 2020 application form can be filled online only. For smoothening the application form filling process, the candidate is recommended to use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox browser while using the DASA admission portal. Internet Explorer (IE) is not recommended.
Follow the given steps to apply for DASA 2020.
Step 1: Registration
- Visit the official website, dasanit.org or click on the direct link given on this page. The candidates have to click on the button that says “Application for UG Programme in Engineering/Architecture – Enter” as shiwn in the image below:
- A set of instructions appears in the screen, read them and click on “I agree” to proceed.
Step 2: Enter your Email ID and Captcha words (in a space provided).
Step 3: Click on “Create my account”, once the correct details are entered.
Step 4: Candidate will receive an email with a link to complete the registration. Check your email and click the weblink.
Step 5: Candidate must enter the ID (which is given in the email) and create a password. Important, candidate must keep safe the applicant ID and password as it will assist in future logins.
Step 6: Once the correct details are entered, registration is complete.
Step 7: Next the candidates have to fill the rest of the DASA 2020 application form and upload images.
Step 8: To submit the form finally candidates have to use the “Submit the online application Form” link, and pay the application fee.
Step 9: Finally, the submitted online DASA 2020 application form should be downloaded and saved by making use of the “Download Application Form” button.
DASA 2020 Fee Refund Rules
Here are some of the fee refund rules for DASA 2020 the candidates can take a note of :
- Mode of fee refund: All refunds are through SWIFT/NEFT/RTGS transfer only.
- Non refundable part of the fee: The DASA 2020 application form fee in all the cases is non-refundable. The first semester fee is refunded in case admission is withdrawn.
- When is the fee refunded: The fee is refunded only when the admission process is complete in all respect.
How much percentage of fee is refunded: This depends on the cases given below –
|Students who withdraw form before the las date of application||100%|
|Applicants who are not allotted a seat as per their choices|
because the course / institution becomes unavailable
|Students who do not meet eligibility at the time of processing of application fee||100%|
|Applicants, who are allotted any seat as per their choices, and do not accept the allotment||50%|
|Applicants, who accept the seat allotted and later on change their decision by not joining the same||0%|
|Applicants who have been provided provisional admission and rejected at the time of admission||0%|
|Applicants, who withdraw their admissions in the first semester after joining the Institutions||0%|
|Could not submit academic or other documents in time,||0%|
|Applicants who are allotted a seat in spot round as per their choices and do not accept the allotment||0%|
About DASA 2020
DASA 2020 is a scheme of the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India for admission to various Engineering & Architecture programs in NITs, IIITs, SPAs, and other institutes. Through DASA, admission is given to foreign nationals/persons of Indian origin/Non-residents indians/ and overseas citizens of India. Admission is done through a merit list prepared out of the SAT Subject Test scores (Maths level 2, Physics, and Chemistry). Candidates who wish to study in any of the participating institutes of DASA must have qualified SAT.
[aglasemfaq exam_id=”554″ tag=”registration”]
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.