DASA PG 2019- Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) has made a scheme namely Direct Admission to Students Abroad popularly known as DASA. Candidates who want to take admission in Post- Graduate Degree courses particularly in the field of Engineering in NITs, IIEST, IIITs, SPAs, Central Universities and other centrally funded and Premier Technical Institutes have to abide by the rules as per DASA. Candidates will have to remain updated and connected with the official website of DASA, in order to receive the news about the availability of Online Application Form, Merit List, and Announcement of Seat Allotment Rounds. To get the hold of more detailed information about DASA PG 2019, candidates can go through this article.
DASA PG 2019
Candidates can submit the application form in two ways and both of the ways are essential in order to fill DASA PG 2019 Application Form. Candidates can submit the application form along with the scanned copies of the various documents. Also, it is necessary to provide GRE / GMAT scores along with DASA PG 2019 Application Form. A noteworthy thing about DASA 2019 Admission is that the seat allotment will be done on the basis of the merit list prepared by the governing authority on the basis of candidates’ GRE / GMAT scores which further will determine their institutes/courses. For more information about DASA PG 2019, candidates can refer to the schedule given below:
|DASA PG 2019||Dates|
|Last to submit the online application form||01 May – 22 Jun 2019|
|Last date for receipt of GMAT / GRE General Test Scores||28 Jun 2019|
|First round of seat allotment||04 Jul 2019|
|Confirmation by candidates who have been allotted seat in Round 1||04 Jul 2019 – 10 Jul 2019|
|Second round of seat allotment||13 Jul 2019|
|Confirmation by candidates who have been allotted seat in Round 2||13 Jul 2019 – 17 Jul 2019|
|Reporting to the allotted candidates||21 Jul 2019 – 26 Jul 2019|
DASA PG 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are required certain rules and regulations set by the governing authority so as to grant admission to the candidates. For the same purpose, candidates need to match with certain eligibility criteria set by the conducting body in order to take admission. Also, it is advised to the candidates to go through the eligibility criteria carefully before applying DASA PG 2019. Hence, candidates can refer to the information given below as per the last year details to know about the detailed eligibility criteria for DASA PG 2019:
- Age Limit: There is no age limit to apply for DASA PG 2019.
- Residential Qualification: In order to apply for DASA PG 2019, candidates must be foreign nationals, PIOs, OCIs who have completed undergraduate programmes from any country (including India). OR Indian Nationals who have completed their undergraduate programme outside India or acquired NRI status and holding it for the last 3 years after obtaining an undergraduate degree from India or completed undergraduate programme in any CFTI under the DASA scheme or undergraduate programme in India but have completed their 11th and 12th standard or equivalent from outside India.
- Academic Qualification: Candidate who will be applying for DASA PG 2019 should have passed the qualifying examination which is four /five-year undergraduate programme in Engineering / Technology or equivalent in relevant discipline for M.Tech / M.Arch / M.Plan / M.Des. / MURP.
- Candidates must have an appropriate UG Degree for MBA Programme from any stream of education recognized as equivalent by the Association of Indian Universities / UGC / AICTE / other statutory bodies as applicable.
- Candidates must have secured a minimum of at least 60% aggregate marks or 6.50 GPA on a 10 point scale or equivalent in the qualifying examination. If in case, CGPA on a different scale is awarded OR if only grades are awarded, percentage / CGPA equivalence provided by the principal examination authorities will be considered. Candidates appearing for the qualifying examination in the academic year 2019 – 20 and expecting their final results latest by September 15, 2019, may also apply. Candidates can check the eligibility conditions of some M.Tech programmes by visiting the DASA website.
- Must have a valid minimum total of 300 GRE Revised General Test Score (Verbal + Quantitative for eligibility for M.Tech./M.Arch./M.Plan./M.Des. and a minimum of 480 GMAT Test Score for MBA programme. GRE test score has to be sent directly through ETS to NITK Surathkal (Institute Code: 0493 ). GMAT Score is also to be sent directly from GMAC to NITK Surathkal (Institute code:CQC). GRE and GMAT test scores received till June 28, 2019, only will be considered for preparation of merit list.
DASA PG 2019 Application Form
The Application Form for DASA PG 2019 has been available online. Candidates have required to visit the official website of DASA in order to fill the application form. Candidates will have to submit their GRE / GMAT scores along with DASA PG 2019 Application Form. Candidates will have to first register themselves by entering the asked details. It is only after the completion of Registration Process, candidates will be able to fill DASA PG 2019 Application Form.
Candidates need to attach certain more scanned copies of some documents such as proof of date of birth, certificate of the last degree acquired, mark sheets of all the qualifying examination. Also, candidates must keep in mind that the submission of Application fee has also to be paid by using online mode particularly E- Payment or SWIFT Transfer. Candidates are required to pay the registration fee as well as tuition fee for the first semester along with the application form. Candidates must note that the registration fee once paid will not be refundable, in other words, it is non – refundable.
DASA PG 2019 Merit List
A merit list will be prepared to specify the marks obtained by the candidates in GMAT / GRE. Only those applicants whose GMAT / GRE test scores have been received by MNNIT Allahabad, on or before the set date decided by the governing authority directly from GMAC / ETS. If the GMAT / GRE score is the same, if two or more candidates then the following given instructions will be followed:
- For MBA, by Marks obtained in GMAT Analytical writing assessment score and then by Quantitative score in that order. If in case, the tie is not broken after following these criteria, then the date of birth of the applicants will be compared and the older applicant will be given higher merit.
- For M.Tech, by marks obtained in GRE Analytical Writing score and then by Quantitative Reasoning score in that order. If in case, the tie is not broken after following these criteria, then the date of birth of the applicants will be compared and the older applicant will be given higher merit.
Allotment of Institutions and Courses
As per the merit list, candidates can select the institutions and courses as per the choices made by the candidates in their application form. An applicant appearing higher on merit list would get higher priority when it comes to the allotment. There will be round for allotment of institutions and courses if in case, first preference is not available, then candidates will be 2nd preference institute/course.
DASA PG 2019 Fee Structure
A noteworthy thing which candidates have to keep in mind is that the amount of the application fee, as well as first-semester tuition fee, may change this year as per the wish of the governing authority. The information provided below is based on last year’s trends and data. However, Candidates can refer to the information given below to know about the fee structure.
- Candidates have to pay US$ 4,300. This is a non – refundable Registration Fee of US $ 300 and a first-semester tuition fee of US$ 4,000.
- Foreign Nationals who are nationals of SAAR Countries are eligible for 50% tuition fee waiver provided they have passed the qualifying examination from SAARC Countries. They are required to pay an amount of U$ 2,300 which includes the registration and first-semester tuition fee as well.
- Candidates who will be applying from Nepal and Bhutan can pay their fees in US Dollars or in Equivalent Indian Rupees (if payments are made from the banks of Nepal and Bhutan). However, in the case of Indian Rupee Payment, they are required to get the Exchange Rate Certificate from the bankers and submit the same along with the registration fee.
- The tuition fee of US$ 4000/ US$ 2000 as applicable for the subsequent semesters of study is to be paid by the admitted applicants directly to the concerned institution as per the rules of the admitting institution.
- Hostel fee and other expenses may range from the US $ 400 – US$ 800 per annum and may vary from institute to institute.
The fee can be paid either through SWIFT Transfer or E-payment. Charges for fee payment, if any, should be borne by the applicant. For more details regarding fees structure, candidates refer to check out the brochure.
|Admission Category||Registration Fee (Non -Refundable)||Tuition Fee (For First Semester only)||Total Amount paid along with the Application Form||In case the payment is done in INR total amount to be paid with Application Form|
|DASA (Non -SAARC)||US $ 300/-||US $ 4000/-||US $ 4300/-||₹ 3,05,300/-|
|DASA (SAARC)||US $ 300/-||US $ 2000/-||US $ 2300/-||₹ 1,63,300/-|
About GRE and GMAT
As it is noticed above that to apply for DASA 2019, candidates will have to provide their GRE / GMAT scores in order to take admission in the participating institutes. Now, it is important for the candidates to be aware of what is the GRE / GMAT score. For this, candidates can refer to the information given below:
GRE is known as Graduate Recorded Examinations which is a standardized test in the most graduate schools of the United States. Candidates are tested on the basis of analytical writing, quantitative reasoning and verbal reasoning in this exam.
GMAT is known as Graduate Management Test which tests the person’s analytical, writing, quantitative, verbal and reading skills in written English for use in admission to a management program such as MBA.
Direct Admission Students Abroad is a scheme which is developed keeping in mind the trend and environment of international education in India. This scheme the target audience such as Foreign Nationals / Persons of Indian Origin / Non – Residents Indians to National Institutes of Technology (NITs) / Indian Institute of Technology (IITs) and other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTIs). The participating institutes have established themselves among the topmost ranking institutions in the country.
Official Website: www.dasanit.org
For more information about DASA PG 2019 Download Information Brochure 2019.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.