DASA PG 2020 – The admission of the Foreign Nationals/ Persons of Indian Origin (PIOS)/ Non – Resident Indians (NRIs) to Postgraduate Engineering Programmes (M.Tech/ M.Arch/ M.Plan/ M.Des/ MURP & MBA) are conducted under Direct Admission of Students Abroad (DASA). Candidates applying through DASA get admission into NITs, IITs, IIEST, SPAs and other participating institutes on a rotational basis. The application form releases on the official website, dasanit.org as per the schedule. To apply for DASA PG 2020, candidates have to fill an online application form and send it to the conducting institute. Check out more details about DASA PG 2020 from this page.
Latest: PG Application fom has been available now. Click here to Apply.
DASA PG 2020
Candidates who have qualified GRE/ GMAT with the required qualifying marks can apply for DASA PG 2020. You can check out the important dates related to DASA PG 2020 below:
|DASA PG 2020||Important Dates|
|Online Application form starts from||28 Aug 2020|
|Last date to fill the Application Form||19 Sep 2020|
|Last date for receipt of GRE/GMAT General test score||21 Sep 2020|
|First round of Allotment||23 Sep 2020|
|Confirmation of the candidates||23 – 24 Sep 2020|
|Second Round of Allotment||26 Sep 2020|
|Confirmation of the candidates||26 – 27 Sep 2020|
|Reporting to the allotted institute||To be announced|
DASA PG 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check out the DASA PG 2020 Eligibility Criteria below:
- Candidates must be Foreign Nationals/ PIOs/ OCIs who have done their UG from any country (including India) Or,
- The candidates must be Indian National who have done their UG from outside of India Or,
- Candidates who have acquired NRI status and has been holding it for the last three years after obtaining UG degree from India Or,
- Candidates who have done their UG in any CFTI under the DASA Scheme Or,
- Candidates who have done their UG in Indian but have completed their 12th and 11th class or equivalent from outside India.
Age Limit: There is no age limit to apply for DASA PG 2020.
- Candidates must have done any Four/ Five year undergraduate programme in Engineering/ Technology or equivalent in a relevant discipline for M.Tech/ M.Arch/ M.Plan/ M.Des/ MURP.
- All the candidates who want to apply for MBA must have a relevant UG degree from any recognized university as equivalent by the Association of Indian Universities or other statutory bodies as applicable.
- Candidates must have appeared for GRE/ GMAT.
- Candidates must have scored an aggregate of 60 % marks or 6.50 CGPA on a 10 point scale or equivalent in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates must have scored a minimum of 300 in GRE and a minimum of 480 in GMAT.
DASA PG 2020 Application Form
The application form for DASA releases on the official website as per the schedule. The process to apply for the form via both – Offline and Online mode. It is a two stage process which is explained below:
- Candidates have to first submit the Online application and upload the required documents as per the specifications.
- After that, candidates have to send the Filled out application form along with the required documents with GRE/ GMAT score to the address of the participating institute.
- Candidates have to send the GRE score directly through ETS and GMAT score directly from GMAC.
How to apply for DASA PG 2020 Application Form?
Candidates can follow the steps below to apply for DASA PG 2020:
Step 1: Registration
- Open the official website from the link provided on this page.
- Click on the link for ‘DASA PG 2020’ on the main page.
- The registration portal will open up.
- Then, create an account and register on the official website by providing your Email Id and entering the Captcha.
- After that, a link to complete the registration is sent to your registered email Id.
- By clicking on the link, you have to enter your Applicant ID and Password. Make sure you use a combination of uppercase, lowercase, number and symbol in your password).
- The next step is to confirm the password.
- Once all the details entered are correct, the registration will be complete.
Note: You must note down your Applicant ID and password for all future logins.
Step 2: Application Form
- After the registration, the next step is to login with your credentials and fill out the application form.
- You can enter any number of choices in the order of preference for the institutes and courses.
- Upload the required documents.
Step 3: Submission of the Application Form
- After filling out the Application form, click on the ‘Preview Application Form’ button and make sure that all the information which you’ve entered is correct.
- In case of any incorrect information, you can click on ‘Edit the Application Form’ and edit the form.
- After that, you can submit and download the application form.
Step 4: Registration Fee and Tuition Fee
You have to pay the Registration fee and Tuition Fee along with the Application form online.
Step 5: Print the Application Form
After downloading the Application form, take a print out of the form and send it to the address (as provided on the website) of the participating institute.
Candidates have to submit the following documents along with the Application form:
- Passport size photograph ( The Nationals of Nepal who don’t have a passport can submit the copy of Authenticated Citizenship Card).
- Proof for Date of Birth (Secondary Education Board/ University Certificate or any certificate issued by the Govt. authorities.
- Mark sheets/ Grade card of all the semesters of qualifying examination.
- Provisional/ Degree certificate (if degree is completed).
- Course Completion certificate from Institution (for result awaiting candidates).
- Proof for Residential Eligibility for the Indian Nationals who completed their UG from India.
- Proof for having acquired and holding the NRI status for three years/ Proof for having completed a UG course degree in any CFTI under the DASA Scheme (Certificate from Institution)/ Proof for having completed 11th and 12th class or equivalent from outside India (Certificate from school authorities).
- Scanned copy of the GRE/ GMAT score.
- Proof and details of the fee payment in case you have paid via SWIFT transfer.
DASA PG 2020 Photograph Specifications
Candidates have to upload the following documents in a specified format in the Application form:
|Passport size photograph||JPG only||3.5 cm x 3.5 com (less than 100 KB)|
|Scanned photo of the Signature||JPG only||Less than 100 Kb|
|Scanned copies of other documents||JPG/ JPEG only||Less than 500 Kb|
Note: Candidates can upload the other documents in Color/ B&W/ Grayscale. To edit the documents, candidates can use image editing software like Microsoft Office Picture Manager or Microsoft Paint to resize the documents.
DASA PG 2020 Participating Institutes
There are many Central Universities, Premier Technical Institutions, NITs, IITs, Schools of Planning and Architecture (SPAs) under the DASA PG 2020 scheme. These institutes are participating institutes which coordinate with DASA to conduct the admission process.
Last year, NIT Karnataka was the participating institute. You can check out the same in the picture below:
DASA 2020 Fee Structure
All the candidates have to pay the Registration fees and Tuition fee together. The tuition fees are paid for the semester only along with the Registration fee. Candidates can check out the DASA PG 2020 fee structure below:
DASA 2020 Seat Details
The seat details for PG courses in various institutes releases on the official website as per the schedule. You can check out the seat details below:
Click here to view the seat details of DASA PG 2020.
DASA 2020 Merit List
A merit list is prepared by the participating institute on the basis of the GRE/ GMAT scores only. The merit list is considered for the seat allotment of the candidates. In case of two or more candidates have scored the same in GRE/ GMAT, the inter merit of them will be considered by:
- For M.Tech, the marks obtained in GRE Analytical Writing and Quantitative Reasoning score will be compared in a sequence order. In case the tie is still there, then the DOB of the candidates will be considered and the older candidate will be given a Higher merit.
- For MBA, the marks obtained in GMAT Analytical Writing Assessment score and Quantitative score will be considered in sequence order. In case of the tie again, the DOB of the candidates will be considered. The older candidate will be given a higher merit.
DASA 2020 Seat Allotment
After the application process ends, the seat allotment is conducted online. Candidates are allotted seats as per their Merit. Higher merit results in the seat allotment in the higher priority indicated by the candidates in their Application form and vice – versa
First Round of Seat Allotment
The result of the First Round of Seat Allotment is released online. Candidates have the option to either get admission in the allotted institute or opt for the up gradation of the institute in the Second Round. If any candidate does not select any option in a specified duration of time, it is presumed that the candidate is not interested for admission. Such candidates lose their right to participate in the Second round of Seat Allotment.
Second Round of Seat Allotment
Candidates who opt for the up gradation of the institutes/ candidates who does not get allotted in the first round can participate in the Second Round of Counselling.
Reporting at the Institute
A provisional Admission letter gets generated on the official website for all those candidates who is allotted a seat. Candidates have to report to their allotted institute afterwards with a print copy of the Provisional Admission letter and other documents.
Note: The institute does not send any individual mail/ letter to the candidates for Seat Allotment. Candidates must visit the official website daily for updates.
DASA 2020 Important Instructions
Candidates must keep some of the important instructions related to DASA PG 2020 as mentioned below:
- Fill out the Application form in English language only. Forms submitted in other languages are not accepted.
- Read all the instructions carefully before filling out the Application form.
- Do fill out the Fee payment details. Also attach a documentary evidence of payment as applicable.
- If the documents which you have uploaded are in languages other than English or Hindi, you have to submit an authenticated translation copy of the documents to English or Hindi.
- The name of the candidate should be same in GRE/ GMAT scorecard as well as in his/ her passport and other documents.
About DASA PG 2020
Direct Admission of Students Abroad (DASA) 2020 is a Scheme of Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India. Through DASA PG, all the Foreign Nationals/ Persons of Indian Origin/ Non – Resident Indians/ Overseas Citizen gets admission at one of the Premier Institutions of India in (M.Tech./M.Arch./M.Plan./M.Des./MURP & MBA).
All the participating institutions of DASA 2020 comes among the top-ranked institutions of India. All the NITs or IITs, for example, have been declared as Institutes of National Importance by an act of Parliament. Other institutes have been declared as Deemed universities. The degree from any of these institutions means a considerable amount of Merit and Recognition. All the information regarding the admission process releases on the official website as per the schedule.
Official Website: dasanit.org
For more information about DASA PG 2020, candidates can – Download Information Brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.