DAV University is holding Entrance cum Scholarship Test (DAVUET) 2017 to admission in B.Tech and B.Sc(H) course for the academic year 2017-18. Admission to B.Tech and B.Sc (Hons) is done through DEV University Entrance Test. Candidates can check the complete information of DAVUET 2017 application process, eligibility criteria and other information on this page below.
Courses Offered in B.Tech & B.Sc (H)
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Application seeking admission in B.Tech and B.Sc (H) may apply online from the official website davuniversity.org as per schedule date. Those who fill their application on time will be eligible to download the admit card for the entraSchedule for the DAVUET 2017 is given below.
|Last date for submission of duly filled application form|
|Date of Entrance Test||30 Apr 2017|
|Declaration of Result||17 May 2017|
|Declaration of 1st Counselling||25 May to 01 Jun 2017|
|Declaration of 2nd Counselling||05 to 09 Jun 2017|
DAVUET Result 2017
After the successful conduction of Entrance examination result for the same has been declared at the University website www.davuniversity.org. A merit list is prepared based on the total marks secured in the DAVUET-2017. There will be no separate merit list of SC/ST candidates. There is no provision for re-checking/re-evaluation of the answer sheets. No correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
DAVUET Application Form 2017
The candidate is required to fill online form for B.Tech and B.Sc (H) by visiting the website www.davuniversity.org as per schedule mention above. Candidates are advised must ensure their eligibility and other conditions before applying online. Candidates can also fill their application from the direct link provided below.
- Application process is over…!!!
Get printout of the filled online form, the admit cards, and the attendance slip. Affix latest passport-size photographs and sign wherever required.The admit card should be attested from the principal of school/respective examination centre. The form complete in all respects along with registration fee will have to be submitted by hand or by registered post / speed post/courier to the examination centre selected by the candidate in his/her application form. However,the candidate may also get the registration form from the Principal of the opted examination centre by paying Rs. 200/-.
- The filled-in form should not be sent to DAV University unless DAV University Jalandhar is opted as the exam centre.
- Candidates are advised to retain a photo copy of the filled-in application form and admit card for future reference.
- The University will not be responsible for any postal delay or loss in postal transit.
- Incomplete Application form will be rejected.
The candidate can pay the fee of Rs. 200/- to the Examination Centreopted by the candidate. or
Multicity cheque or Demand Draft
The fee can also be deposited through Multicity cheque/DD of Rs 200/-drawn in favour of “Principal, ………………..”, (fill in respective examination centre) payable at the respective city. Candidate should write his/her name, address and mobile number on the reverse side of multicity cheque/DD.
- In caseDAV University is opted as a test centre the Multicity cheque/DD of Rs. 200/- is to be drawn in favour of Registrar, DAV University, Jalandhar.
- Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- The applicationswill be processed on receipt of payment.The online application form registered within due date without deposition of requisite fee will not be entertained.
A candidate who is appearing or has appeared in the qualifying examination, i.e. 12th Standard in 2017. However, he/she shall be admitted to the course only, if he/she provides the proof of passing the qualifying examination with the required pass percentage of marks at the time of admission.
A candidate who has passed 10+2 or any other equivalent examination with required aggregate of marks (follow the website www.davuniversity.org) in respective subject combinations given under section 3. A relaxation of 5% marks will be given to SC Candidates.
The candidates having compartment in qualifying examination at the time of admission will not be eligible for admission to any course.
DAVUET Admit Card 2017
- Admit Card once generated should be carefully examined by the candidate. If any discrepancy is noticed it should immediately be brought to the notice of the Admission coordinator in the respective test centre.
- No candidate will be permitted to appear in the test without a valid Admit Card.
- Candidate must not tamper with the Admit Card.
- The Admit Card is not transferable to any other person.
- The Admit Card is an important document. It should be preserved and produced at the time of Counselling and admission.
DAVUET Exam Pattern
The Question paper shall be based on CBSE syllabi of 10+1 and 10+2 for UG courses.
Question paper will be in English language only and questions will be of multiple choices (MCQ) type. Each question will have 4 choices out of which only one correct answer has to be chosen and the appropriate circle is to be shaded on the provided OMR sheet. Each question will carry one mark. The question paper will have the following four sections:
|A||Physics||1 to 25|
|B||Chemistry||26 to 50|
|C||Mathematics||51 to 75|
|D||Biology||76 to 200|
- ‘0.25’ mark will be deducted for every wrong answer
- Students opting for PCM stream should attempt the sections A,B and C
- Students opting for PCBstreamshould attempt the sections A,B and D
- Andhra Pradesh, Bihar,Chandigarh, Chhattisgarh, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Jharkhand, Madhaya Pradesh, Maharashtra, New Delhi, Punjab, Rajasthan, Telangana, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, West Bengal.
DAVUET Counselling 2017
- The date / time for Counselling will be displayed on the university website: www.davuniversity.org. Candidates can download and take a printout of his/her Counselling letter/ Counselling record from the University website and appear for the Counselling as per the Counselling schedule.
- Short-listed candidates based on their performance in the entrance examination will be called for the counseling to be held at the DAV University premises in Jalandhar, Punjab and/ or at a Centre to be notified later subsequent to the declaration of the result.
- It is the responsibility of the candidates to ascertain whether they possess the requisite qualification for admission or not. Having been called for the Counselling does not necessarily mean the acceptance of eligibility claimed by the candidate.
- The provisional admission offered to a candidate to a program will stand cancelled if he / she does not submit the relevant documents in original, pertaining to admission (such as Marks Statements, Transfer Certificate, Conduct Certificate, etc.).
- Change of date / time of Counselling is generally not permissible. If a candidate does not appear for Counselling / Interview on the date and time specified, his / her seat shall be offered to the next candidate in order of merit.
- The selected candidates will have to deposit the prescribed fee on confirmation of the seat and acceptance of the branch allotted.
- The candidates should produce the following documents in original along with one set of photocopies while reporting for Counselling. Candidates will not be allowed to participate in the Counselling process without these documents.
- Call letter of Counselling
- Admit Card of DAVUET-2017
- Marks sheet of High School (Class X)
- Original or Provisional Marks Sheet of qualifying examination (SSC/12th)
- One valid Identity proof
- Three passport size photographs
- Any other document or fee specified in the Call Letterof Counselling
Note: Candidates whohave appeared in IITJEE will also beconsidered for engineering branches for seats left vacant after the Counselling.
For more details of DAVUET 2017 – Download Information Brochure.