Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya has emerged as a premier institution of higher learning in Central India by creating, advancing and disseminating knowledge. Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya is located in Indore. It was established in 1964. DAVV DET 2019 – DAVV DET is short for Devi Ahilya Vishwa Vidyalaya Doctoral Entrance Test (DET). The University organizes this test to let eligible candidates take admissions into Ph.D./M.Phil. programme. DAVV DET will release the application form & the last date for submission of the application form will be announced. The Exam Date, Application Form details of each is given on the page, candidates can get all the details from here.
DAVV DET 2019
On this page, you will read about- eligibility criteria, educational qualification. The Entrance Test for admission in Ph.D./M.Phil will be scheduled at the respective centers. The schedule will be updated here for the convenience of the candidate.
Important dates for DAVV DET 2019 is given below
|Last date for submission of application form||2nd week of Apr 2019|
|Last date for submission of application form for M.Phil||4th week of Jun 2019|
|Admit card release||2nd week of May 2019|
|Examination Date Ph.D.||2nd week of May 2019|
|Examination Date M.Phil||3rd week of Jul 2019|
|Declaration of result for PhD||1st week of Jun 2019|
|Declaration of result for M.Phil||4th week of Jul 2019|
The candidate may select the subject for the Entrance Test in which he/she has completed a Master’s Degree or the allied subject in which he/she wants to take admission. If the candidate qualifies the Entrance Test with the subject in which he/she has completed Master’s Degree and wants to take admission in an allied subject of interdisciplinary nature, he/she may be permitted for an interview in the allied subject.
- A candidate for the degree of Ph.D. / M.Phil. must hold a Master’s degree or equivalent in the concerned or allied subject with at least 55% Marks (50% for SC/ST/OBC(non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the UGC from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991.) of the university, a deemed university or other university incorporated by any law for the time being in force and recognized by the University.
- A candidate shall ordinarily be permitted to work for Ph.D./ M.Phil. degree in the subject in which he/she has obtained his/her Master’s Degree. However, research work leads to Ph.D./M.Phil. the degree may be allowed in the allied subject of interdisciplinary nature of the same faculty or of allied faculties. In such cases, candidates may be permitted to work under one or two co-supervisors along with the supervisor.
- There is no age limit for admission to Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) / Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) programmes.
All the eligible candidates who wish to take admission in Ph.D./M.Phil. programme have to apply through https://davv.mponline.gov.in. along with the applicable application fee. No Ph.D. / M.Phil. a student shall join any other course/study or appear at any other examination leading to a degree, except Certificate courses, during his/her Ph.D./ M.Phil. programme.Candidates shall be admitted in M.Phil./ Ph.D. programmes through Doctoral Entrance Test followed by an interview. DET shall be conducted for each subject separately at the University Teaching Departments.
Application Fee: For DAVV DET 2018, the application fee was as mentioned below. You may refer to it for general information.
- For single Entrance Test (either for Ph.D. or for M.Phil.): Rs. 1000/-
- For both Entrance Tests for Ph.D. and M.Phil: 1500/-
- Online Service Charges: Rs. 50/-
Candidate can pay the fee online through MPOnline authorized KIOSK in MP or through any ATM cum Debit Card/ Credit Card or Net Banking from anywhere.
How to Apply
- Reach the official website or the direct link given above.
- Log on to the official website https://davv.mponline.gov.in. and on the home page click on the link ‘Online Application’.
- Click on as follows:
M.PHIL./PH.D. ADMISSION-2019>>> APPLY FOR ADMISSION IN M.PHIL./PH.D.
- Enter details to register.
- The window for Application Form will appear in which basic details have to be entered such as your name, mobile number, email-ID, etc. and click on the ‘Submit’ tab after confirming the details.
- The submitted details such as the mobile number and email-ID must be accurate.
Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya (University) will issue DAVV DET Admit Card before entrance exam. Candidates who are going to appear for the DAVV DET are informed in advance that DAVV has issued the registered candidates DAVV CET Admit Card in online mode. By the time the exam draws near, the DAVV DET hall ticket will be uploaded on the official website at davv.mponline.gov.in.
The Doctoral Entrance Test will have the question paper in two parts.
- Part-A shall consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions of 1 mark each based on research methodology. It shall be of generic nature, intended to assess the research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, data interpretation, and quantitative aptitude of the candidate.
- Part-B shall also consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions of 1 mark each based on the syllabus of the subject at Masters level. The duration of the Doctoral Entrance Test will be of two hours. There will be no negative
The candidates must score a minimum of 50% marks in the entrance test to qualify for the interview. A list of the eligible candidates for interview will be notified on the university website.
The RAC shall decide the cut-off marks in an interview for admission for Ph.D. In case of disagreement among the members the average of the marks given by individual member will be the final marks in the criterion. Merit list will be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained out of 100 marks in the interview and the decided cut-off marks. The RAC shall finalize the list of the candidates to be admitted to the Ph.D./ M.Phil. programme in the concerned subject as per the merit and availability of seats. It shall also allot the Research center, Supervisor, Co-Supervisor (if any), and approve the tentative area of the proposed research work. The final list shall be notified on the University website.
The students who are exempted from the entrance test and who will qualify the DET shall have to appear in the interview for admission in Ph.D. / M.Phil. in the subject where they want to take admission. The interview shall be conducted by the Research Advisory Committee of the concerned subject. The date of the interview in each subject will be notified on the website of the University.
The candidates should also bring with them the following documents:
- The candidates who secured 50 or more than 50 marks in Ph.D. Entrance Test and declared qualified for interview.
- Original certificates and mark sheets along with a self-attested copy of each of the certificate and mark sheet of 10th, 12th, Graduation, and P.G. classes.
- Original documents along with a self-attested copy of SC/ ST/ OBC /MP domicile certificate (whichever is applicable) to claim the benefit of reservation, as per MP Govt. rules.
- The candidates who are exempted from the Ph.D. Entrance Test should also bring the documents related to the applicable exemption criterion.
- The evaluation in the interview will be based on 100 marks to be allocated in the following
criteria, each of 25 marks:
(i) Research plan
(ii) Research potential/ aptitude
(iii) Communication skills
(iv) Subject knowledge in the respective area of research
- The candidates who are exempted from the Ph.D. Entrance test due to fulfilling one of the following criteria:
- Have valid JRF awarded through UGC-NET / UGC-CSIR-NET.
- Have Teacher Fellowship for Research awarded by UGC/ AICTE or any other Govt. agency.
- Have Government/ Foreign Research Fellowship.
- Have M.Phil. degree (as per UGC Regulations 2009 or amended thereafter) with coursework.
As per last year information, seats reserved for SC/ST/OBC category will be offered to the SC/ST/OBC candidates of Madhya Pradesh domicile only. SC/ ST/OBC candidates from other states and the candidates from other reserved categories from any state will be treated under the unreserved category. SC/ ST/OBC candidates have to produce category certificate and valid M.P. domicile certificate issued by appropriate authorities at the time of counseling. Ensure that you have correctly selected your category. Change of category shall not be accepted thereafter at any stage.
Official Website: www.dauniv.ac.in
For more Details regarding DAVV DET 2019, candidates may refer to previous year information, Guidelines 2018.
Insofar, Official Notification regarding DAVV DET 2019 has not been announced yet. Information on this page as per last year details and for reference purpose only. As soon as the conducting body will release the official notification the same will be updated here.