DAVV M.E / M.Tech / M.Pharma Admission 2018 – Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore (DAVV) has published notification for admission to the M.E / M.Tech / M.Pharma programmes for 2018-2020 batch. The Sponsored/ Part-time candidates/ Working Executives will be admitted as per the merit developed on the basis of percentage of marks obtained in the Qualifying Examination, Written Test, Interview, and Service Experience. Candidates can read the complete details regarding DAVV M.E / M.Tech / M.Pharma Admission 2018 such as application form & fee, eligibility criteria, selection process etc. on this page.
DAVV M.E / M.Tech / M.Pharma Admission 2018
Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore (DAVV) offers admission in the following M.E / M.Tech./ M.Pharm. Programmes for the academic year 2018-2020.
Group A: M.E (Full Time) / Group B: M.E (Part Time) Programmes
Institute of Engineering & Technology: Computer Engineering with spl. in Software Engg., Electronics with spl. in Digital Instrumentation, Electronics with spl. in Digital Communication, Industrial Engg. & Management, Mechanical Engg. with spl. in Design & Thermal Engg., Information Technology with spl. in Information Security.
Group C: M.Tech. (Full-Time) Programmes
- School of Computer Science & IT: Computer Science, Network Management & Information Security, Information Architecture & Software Engineering.
- School of Electronics: Embedded Systems, Spatial Information Technology, Mobile Computing Technology.
- School of Energy and Environmental Studies: Energy Management.
- School of Instrumentation: Instrumentation.
- School of Physics: Laser Science & Applications
Group D: M.Tech in (Data Science, Executive and Instrumentation)
- School of Data Science & Forecasting: Future Studies & Planning with spl. in Data Science, Systems Management with spl. in Information Systems.
- School of Instrumentation
Group E: M.Pharm. (Full-Time) Programme
- School of Pharmacy: Pharmaceutical Chemistry.
Schedule for DAVV M.Tech / M.Pharma Admission 2018 is given below.
|Start Date for Online Submission of Application Form||11 May 2018|
|Last Date for Online Submission of Application Form||15 Jun 2018|
|Date of Written Test and Interview for Admission of Sponsored Candidates in Programmes of all Groups||25 Jun 2018|
|Date of Written Test and Interview for Admission in Group B Programmes – All categories|
|Date of Written Test and Interview for Admission in Group D
Programmes – Working Executives
|Date of Counselling of GATE/GPAT Candidates for Admission in Group A programmes – All categories||27 Jun 2018|
|Date of Counselling of GATE/GPAT Candidates for Admission in Group C & E programmes – All categories||28 Jun 2018|
|Date of Counselling of NON-GATE/ NON-GPAT Candidates for Admission in Group A Programmes-All categories|
|Date of Counselling of NON-GATE/ NON-GPAT Candidates for Admission in Group C & E Programmes-All categories|
|Commencement of Classes||05 Jul 2018|
A written test followed by the interview will be conducted at the concerned Institute/ School of Studies. The list of provisional admitted candidates will be declared in the evening on the same date.
A candidate should apply online for admission in M.E./M.Tech./M.Pharm. programmes through the official website www.dauniv.ac.in. The candidates are advised to apply for admission only if he/she fulfills the eligibility requirements. The onus of checking appropriate eligibility lies with the candidate. Candidate must read and understand the details given in the guidelines available on the website www.dauniv.ac.in carefully before filling the application form.
- Online application fee for each group is Rs. 1000/- (Rs. 600/- for SC/ST candidates of M.P. domicile).
- In addition to the application fee, Rs. 50/- will also be charged extra as Online Service Charges.
- If a candidate applies for two groups then he/ she has to pay application fee of Rs. 2000/- (Rs. 1200/- for SC/ST candidates) + Rs. 50/- (Online Service Charges).
Mode of Payment
Candidate can pay the fee online through MPOnline authorized KIOSK in MP or through any ATM cum Debit Card/ Credit Card or Net Banking from anywhere. If your amount is deducted and receipt is not generated, pay the fee again, as the previous amount will be reverted automatically into your card or bank account. For more details on this issue call customer care no. 0755 – 4019401 to 406 (six lines).
Eligibility Criteria, Colleges & Seats
For Group A (M.E. Programmes – Full Time)
A candidate seeking admission to the program should have passed with 60% (or Equivalent) in BE/BTech (or Equivalent) in an allied branch of engineering from recognized Institute/ University and Valid GATE Score in the relevant/allied branch of Engineering / Technology.
For Group B (M.E. Programmes-Part Time)
A candidate seeking admission to the program should have passed with 55% (or Equivalent) in BE/BTech (or Equivalent) in an allied branch of engineering from recognized Institute/ University & must have Two Years Post Qualification Experience in the relevant field.
For Group C-Courses
- Relaxation of 5% marks in eligibility for sponsored/ SC/ ST candidates.
- For sponsored candidates minimum two years working experience after qualifying degree is required. The sponsored candidates have to submit a certificate from the employer on the prescribed Performa.
Age Limit: Maximum age limit is 28 years as on July 1 of the admission year. No age limit for female / sponsored candidates. Relaxation in age for SC/ST/OBC/PH candidates is 3 years.
Distribution of Seats: Unreserved-10; SC-1; ST-2; Sponsored-5 (Total seats: 18).
* In case of M.Tech. in Energy Management: Unreserved-10; SC-1; ST-2; Sponsored-5 (Total seats: 18).
- BE/B Tech (Electrical/Electronic Engineering): 03
- BE/B Tech (Mechanical Engineering): 03
- BE/B Tech (Chemical & other branches of Engineering): 03
- M.Sc. in Physics: 01
For Group D-Programmes
M.Tech. in Data Science
- The candidate should have at least 55% aggregate marks in B.E. / B.Tech./ M.Sc. in a relevant subject or any other equivalent degree (including M.C.A.) from a recognized University. Relaxation of 5% marks in eligibility for SC/ ST candidates. Relevant subjects, for admission in M.Tech. Data Science, are CS/CSE/IT/Maths./Physics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or other computer related subjects.
- The candidates must have minimum two years of working experience after qualifying degree. The candidates have to submit a certificate from the employer on the prescribed Performa.
M.Tech. in Embedded Systems
- The candidate must have a minimum work experience of 2 years in the industry and be employed at the time of applying. The candidates need to produce a copy of allotted PF number at the time of counseling.
- Candidates must have obtained BE/B Tech/MSc in the relevant subject.
M.Tech. in (Instrumentation) for Working Executives
B.E./B. Tech. Degree in Computer Science, Electronics, Electrical, Instrumentation, Chemical, Mechanical Engineering or M.Sc. in Computer Science, Electronics, Instrumentation, or Physics with 55% marks in qualifying examination. Relaxation of 5% marks in eligibility for SC/ST candidates will be provided for the applicants of Madhya Pradesh domicile only.
For Group – E (M.Pharma in Pharmaceutical Chemistry)
Regular: Candidates having 60% marks in aggregate in B. Pharm. from an Institute/University recognized by Devi Ahilya University. However, preference shall be given to GPAT qualified students. Sponsored: Candidates having 55% marks in aggregate in B. Pharm. from an Institute/University recognized by Devi Ahilya University, with a minimum of 2 years professional experience from the date of declaration of result of B. Pharm.
Distribution of Seats : Unreserved-10; SC-1; ST-2; Sponsored-5 (Total seats: 18).
GATE/GPAT qualified candidates will be preferred for admission. Admissions will be given as per GATE/ GPAT score. However, if seats are vacant due to non-availability of the GATE/GPAT qualified candidates, then NON-GATE / NON-GPAT candidates will be admitted as per the merit developed on the basis of % of marks obtained in the qualifying examination.
The sponsored/ part-time candidates will be admitted as per the merit developed on the basis of % of marks obtained in the following categories:
- Qualifying examination: 100
- Written Test: 50
- Interview: 30
- Service Experience*: 20
- Total: 200
* Service experience – 2 marks per year limited to maximum 20 marks.
The candidates who want to take admission under sponsored category in Group-A or Part-time category (Group-B) should report for the test at Institute of Engineering & Technology. While the candidates who want to take admission under sponsored category in Group-C or Group-E should report for the test at the concerned School of Studies. The candidates who want to take admission as Working Executives in a programme of Group-D should also report for the test at the concerned School of Studies, where the programme is being offered.
The candidate has to bring a demand draft of Rs. 10,000/- drawn in favour of Registrar, DAVV, Indore, payable at Indore at the time of counselling and it is required to deposit the demand draft for confirmation of the seat.
Click here to check the list of documents required at the time of counseling.
Admission Rules and Instruction
- The candidate is advised to apply for admission only if he/she fulfills the eligibility requirements. The onus of checking appropriate eligibility lies with the candidate. Candidate must read and understand the details given in the guidelines available on the website at www.dauniv.ac.in carefully before filling the application form.
- Maximum age limit is 28 years as on July 1, 2018. No age limit for female / sponsored/ part-time candidates. A relaxation of three years in upper age limit for SC / ST / OBC and the physically handicapped candidate shall be provided for the applicants of Madhya Pradesh only.
- Candidate must upload his/ her photograph with signature at the given space in the online application form. No other documents are to be uploaded along with the online application form.
- Seats reserved for SC/ST category will be offered to the SC/ST candidates of Madhya Pradesh domicile only. SC/ ST candidates from other states and the candidates from other reserved categories from any state will be treated under the unreserved category. Select your category carefully. SC/ ST candidates have to produce category certificate and valid M.P. domicile certificate issued by appropriate authorities at the time of counselling. Ensure that you have correctly selected your category. Change of category shall not be accepted thereafter at any stage.
- Check the form thoroughly before online payment, the unpaid form will not be accepted in any case.
- Indicate choice of group(s) as per your interest and eligibility. One can opt for more than one group if he/ she fulfills the eligibility requirements.
- The candidate is required to report in person for counselling on given date and time. Nonappearance in counselling, for whatsoever reason, will automatically disqualify the candidature for the admission. The admissions will be finalized at the time of counselling.
- The name of the candidate must be the same as given in the mark sheet of the qualifying examination. Competent authorities should certify the discrepancies in the name of various mark sheets if any.
- The information given in the online application form will be verified with the original documents at the time of counselling/admission by the University. If it is found that an applicant has provided incorrect or false information or withheld some relevant information at the time of filling up the online application form, the applicant shall be debarred from admission or the admission can be cancelled at any time during the course of studies without giving any prior notice.
- In case any University / Institute do not show the percentage of marks in the mark sheet, a certificate from the competent authority of the University / Institute must be produced stating the equivalent percentage of marks as well.
- If reserved seats under SC/ST/Sponsored category remain vacant in any programme on the day of counselling, vacant seats will be converted to the unreserved category. SC/ST seats will mutually be interchanged if candidates in particular category, are not available.
- Computer Science
- Data Science and Forecasting
- ME (Industrial Engineering & Management)
- ME (Computer Engineering/Information Technology)
- ME (Design & Thermal)
- M.E. (Electronics) Digital Communication / Digital Instrumentation (M.E. Sponsored candidate)
Official Website: www.dauniv.ac.in
For more details about DAVV M.E / M.Tech / M.Pharma Admission 2018 check Admission Notification.