From the year 2019, the DNB-CET admission will conduct once a year. As per the latest notification by National Board of Examination (NBE), the June/ July session has been scrapped. Thus, the DNB CET 2019 July session will not take place. Following this year, the DNB CET will be held in January only. Moreover, the admission will continue to carry out utilizing the merit list of NEET PG. DNB CET is essential pre-requisite for entry to DNB Broad Specialty and Post MBBS Direct 6 years super specialty courses. Get here complete information regarding the DNB CET 2019 such as application process, fee, admit card, counselling and so on.
DNB CET 2019
DNB-CET is a qualifying-cum-ranking examination for entry to various Post Graduate courses including Direct 6-year course in the specialty of Plastic Surgery, Neuro-Surgery, Cardio-thoracic Surgery, and Pediatric Surgery.
Notice regarding Biometric and Certificate Verification of DNB CET January Session
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Will the DNB CET July exam will conduct for the year 2019?
A. No, the exam will not take place from the year 2019.
Q. I was planning to appear for the July session. What should I do now?
A. Such candidates now have to appear for the NEET PG in January. Via the NEET merit position, the counselling for DNB Broad Specialty will take place.
Q. Will there be an increase in seats in the next session, as no admission taking place in July?
A. Yes, all the seats of the July session will be carried forward to January admission session counseling of the next year.
NBE Latest Notice for DNB CET
As per the latest notice, the DNB CET July session will not conduct from the year 2019. From now on, one session a year will take place.
In Continuation of the above notice:
Clarification regarding discontinuation of July Admission Session
- Candidates who are in possession of MBBS degree/Provisional Pass Certificate recognized as per the provisions of the Indian Medical Council Act 1956 and possess permanent/provisional registration certificate of MBBS qualification issued by the Medical Council of India/ State Medical Council and have completed one year of internship/likely to complete on or before 31st August 2019 may apply for DNB-CET examination through online application.
- Candidates found to be ineligible at any stage of DNB-CET will not be permitted to appear in the examination. In an unlikely event of any ineligible candidate appearing and/or being successful in the DNB-CET, the results/candidature of such candidate shall be cancelled and/or are deemed to be cancelled as and when the ineligibility is detected.
- Requests for appearing in DNB CET 2019 from candidates completing internship after 31st August 2019 or having qualifications that are not recognized as per IMC Act shall be summarily rejected. Candidates are further advised not to canvass for the same.
- Candidates already pursuing DNB course are not eligible to appear for the DNB-CET till such time they have completed the entire duration of the prescribed course or have been discharged from the course. Candidates who have joined DNB- Broad Specialty course in or after December 2014 session are not eligible to appear in DNB-CET 2019. This shall be irrespective of their resignation or discontinuation from the course due to any reason.
- Appearing in DNB-CET 2019 does not confer any automatic rights upon the candidate for admission at NBE accredited hospital/ institute.
- Registration with M.C.I./State Medical Council/ is necessary and its documentary proof has to be furnished at the time of counseling and at the test centre on the examination day
- A Candidate can register for DNB-CET 2019 only once. Registration for CET, more than once shall constitute unfair means and lead to disqualification and/or penal action.
Application form for Candidates DNB CET 2019 will be released online at the official website. Candidates can apply from the official website. Before filling the application form candidates must ensure their eligibility. The application form must be filled and submitted on or before its last date. Applications after the last date will not be accepted by the authority.
Admit card will be issued to the candidate once the registration and scheduling process is successfully completed. The candidate is required to print a copy of admit card and affix a latest passport size photograph of the following specifications on the admit card. The candidate is required to bring the admit card to the Test center along with an identification document.
Scheme of Examination
DNB-CET is an entrance examination and is an essential pre-requisite for entry to DNB Broad Specialty and Post MBBS Direct 6 years super specialty courses. The next session of entrance examination shall be held in June 2019 and conducted as computer-based exam only.
The exam comprises of 300 multiple choices, single correct response questions in English language only.
Candidates successful in the DNB-CET shall be asked to participate in a Centralized merit-based counseling conducted by National Board of Examinations for allotment of DNB seats at NBE accredited Institutions/ hospitals/medical colleges in order of their merit and candidate shall be able to opt for the NBE accredited institution/hospital/medical college of their choice as per availability at their merit.
The provisional list of National Board of Examinations accredited institutes where candidates can pursue DNB is available at NBE website www.cet.natboard.edu.in.
The examination shall be a multiple choice questions exam delivered using a computer network.
Negative Marking: There shall be no negative marking.
The list of various tentative cities where DNB CET shall be conducted is as follows:
Candidates are advised to familiarize themselves with the location of test centre and plan travel time accordingly. Candidates have to reach the test centers on or before the reporting time. Candidates may note that late entry to the examination premises is not permitted under any circumstances. NBE shall not be responsible for any delayed arrival of the candidate in reaching the center due to any reason.
The results for DNB CET will be declared after the exam. The mark sheet-cum-result certificate for the DNB CET examination can be downloaded from NBE website http://cet.natboard.edu.in/.
Candidates who will qualify the Centralized Entrance Test (DNB-CET) conducted by NBE and fulfill the eligibility criteria for admission to DNB Broad Specialty including Direct 6 Years courses at various NBE accredited Medical Colleges/ Institutions/Hospitals in India shall participate in the counseling for allocation of seats purely on merit cum choice basis.
Candidates successful in the DNB-CET are advised to participate in a Centralized merit-based counseling conducted by National Board of Examinations for allotment of DNB seats at NBA accredited Institutions/ hospitals/medical colleges in order of their merit and candidate can opt for the NBE accredited institution/hospital/medical college of their choice as per availability at their merit. The provisional list of National Board of Examinations accredited institutes where candidates can pursue DNB is available at NBE website www.cet.natboard.edu.in.
Instruction to Candidates
- DNB CET is a qualifying-cum-ranking examination for entry to various Post Graduate courses including Direct 6-year course in the specialty of Plastic Surgery, Neuro-Surgery, Cardio-thoracic Surgery, and Pediatric Surgery.
- The applicant may kindly note that appearance in DNB-CET does not confer any automatic rights to secure a seat in NBE accredited hospital /institute.
- Applications of candidates furnishing false or fabricated information will not be considered and candidates may be further debarred from appearing in any future examinations conducted by NBE.
- Candidates should go through the bulletin carefully for eligibility criteria, scheme, the pattern of examination etc before contacting NBE for any queries. Queries pertaining to eligibility and other issues will only be entertained if the information requested is not given in bulletin or on website www.cet.natboard.edu.in/
- Incomplete applications or applications not in accordance with instructions will not be considered and are liable to be rejected. The examination fee will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- The fee will neither be carried forward to a future date nor refunded under any circumstances. Online applications and/or their acknowledgment of submission received after the due date will not be entertained and the exam fee will not be returned in such cases. Application once submitted cannot be withdrawn.
- NBE reserves the right to withdraw permission, if any, granted inadvertently to any candidate who is not eligible to appear in the DNBCET even though the admit card/roll number has been issued or name/roll number is displayed on NBE website.
- The DNB-CET shall be conducted by NBE at test centres engaged for the purpose. Candidates will be able to schedule their exams based on the availability of test centre on the date, time and venue of their choice. Candidates are advised to familiarize themselves with the route and location of the test centre. Location maps for all test centres are available on the website.
- Click here to check the seat matrix of DNB for the final round of counseling.
Official Website: www.nbe.edu.in