DNB CET SS 2019 is a qualifying-cum-ranking examination conducted by the National Board of Examination (NBE) for the admissions to various Super Specialty courses. Through this entrance test, students can get admission in post graduate or post doctorate programmes in different Indian Universities. Candidates who are looking for admission to Super Specialty courses can check all the details of DNB CET SS 2019 like application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern etc from this page given below.
DNB CET Super Specialty 2019
DNB CET SS 2019 is an entrance examination and is an essential pre-requisite for entry to post MD/MS/DNB 3-year Super Specialty courses. The next session of entrance examination shall be held in the month of Dec 2018 and will be conducted as a computer-based test only.
- Purpose of Examination: Ranking Examination for admission to DNB (Super Specialty) courses
- Periodicity: Once a year
- Pattern of examination: MCQ based with single correct response
- Mode of conduct: Computer based
- Criteria for passing the examination: Ranking Examination
- Seat Allotment: Group Specific Merit Based Counseling conducted by NBE
Tentatives Dates for the DNB CET Super Specialty December 2019 is given below.
|Online Registration||1st week of Nov 2018|
|Last date of online registration||Last week of Nov 2018|
|Admit Card||2nd week of Dec 2018|
|Date of Examination||3rd week of Dec 2018|
|Cut off date for completing DNB/MD/MS Qualification*||Last week of Dec 2018|
|Declaration of Result||3rd week of Jan 2019|
|Date of Centralized Merit Based Counselling||Last week of 2019|
|Date of 2nd Round Centralized Merit Based Counselling||3rd week of May 2019|
Demo Test for DNB CET Super Specialty December 2019 will be available 10 days prior to the date of the examination. Candidates can practice for the exam by giving the Demo test. The direct link will be available for the demo test.
- Demo Test
- Candidates who are in possession of postgraduate medical degrees/Provisional Pass Certificates by 31 December 2018 in eligible* specialties and their medical qualifications are recognized as per the provisions of the Indian Medical Council Act 1956 or DNB qualifications may apply for DNB-CETSS through the online application. Candidates should have completed his/her 3 years (36 Months) of MD/MS training by 31.12.2018.
- Candidate should possess permanent registration certificate of MBBS qualification and their additional medical qualification should be registered with Medical council of India.
- Candidates found to be ineligible at any stage of DNB-CETSS will not be permitted to appear in the examination. In an unlikely event of any ineligible candidate appearing and/or being successful in the CET-SS, the results/candidature of such candidate shall be cancelled and/or are deemed to be cancelled.
- Requests for appearing in DNB-CETSS from candidates who are qualifying and getting their results of the basic eligibility qualification after 31st December 2018 shall be summarily rejected.
Note: Candidates who are qualifying and getting their results after 31st December 2018 or likely to qualify after 31st December 2018 need not apply in the DNB-CETSS exam as they shall be ineligible to participate at any stage of the admission process.
- Candidates already pursuing a DM/MCh or DNB course are not eligible to appear for the DNB-CET SS till such time they have completed the duration of the prescribed course or have been discharged from the course.
- Registration and /or appearance in DNB-CETSS does not confer any automatic rights upon the candidate for admission at NBE accredited hospital/institute.
- Registration with M.C.I./State Medical Council/ is necessary and its documentary proof should be furnished at the time of counseling.
- NBE has introduced DNB Medical Genetics as 3 years Super Specialty Course from January 2015 Academic Session onwards. Candidates with DNB/MD/MS qualification in General Medicine, Pediatrics and Obstetrics & Gynecology only are eligible to opt for Medical Genetics (Cut off date for qualification 31.12.2018)
- For candidates with DNB/MD qualification in Medicine/Pediatrics, the merit list for admission to Medical Genetics Programme shall be derived from DNB CET- SS; Medical & Pediatrics sub group respectively.
- Candidates with DNB/MS qualification in Obstetrics & Gynaecology shall appear in the NBE FET (for the same academic session as DNBCET-SS) for Obstetrics and Gynaecology discipline. Their FET question paper shall have 100 questions in Obstetrics and Gynaecology and 30 questions in Medical Genetics. The marks obtained in Obstetrics & Gynaecology component (i.e. out of 100) shall be scaled to 180 and a common merit list shall be prepared (based on performance in 180+30 = 210 questions).
Candidates are advised to read & go through the instructions regarding the filling of online application form given on DNB-CETSS website www.cetss.natboard.edu.in before starting online registration and scheduling process for DNB- CETSS (2019 Admission Session).
Admit Card for DNB CET Super Specialty 2019 will be available at the official website. Candidates can download their admit card to appear for the examination. Candidate is required to print a copy of admit card and affix a latest passport size photograph on the admit card. Candidate is required to bring the admit card to the Test centre along with an identification document.
Scheme of Examination
DNB-CETSS is an entrance examination and is an essential pre-requisite for entry to post MD/MS/DNB 3-year Super Specialty courses. The next session of entrance examination will more likely to held on 3rd week of December 2018 and conducted as computer-based test only
The question paper shall comprise of 180 multiple choice questions (MCQs) with single correct response to be attempted by candidate in 3 hrs. The questions shall be of the level of Post Graduate Exit Examination. The questions shall cover topics from Applied basic sciences, clinical practice and Recent advances.
Question Paper :
- Medical Specialties – 180 questions
- Surgical Specialties – 180 questions
- Pediatric Specialties (For Neonatology) – 180 questions
- For Medical Genetics – Eligible candidates from (a) and (c) above shall in addition undertake 30 MCQ paper in Medical Genetics.
The examination shall be a multiple choice questions test delivered using computer network as per scheme prescribed.
Negative Marking: There shall be no negative marking.
DNB CET SS Syllabus: As per the curriculum of the concerned specialty i.e. MD/DNB in Medicine for Medical Super Specialty; MS/DNB in Surgery for Surgical Group; MD/DNB in Pediatrics for Neonatology group.
The results for CET-SS has been declared on the official website. The candidates who appeared for the examination can check their result from the “Result” link mentioned above.
The schedule of CET(SS)-Centralized counselling will be made available on NBE website www.natboard.edu.in. The counselling shall be done purely on the basis of the CET(SS) Group specific Merit Position. In the event of two or more candidates obtaining same CET(SS) marks, the Tie breaker criteria are mentioned in information bulletin below.
Official Website for DNB CET SS Dec 2019 is www.nbe.edu.in.
Insofar, official details of DNB CET SS 2019 have not been announced. Information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as the conducting body releases DNB CET SS Dec 2019 information brochure, details will be updated here.