DNB CET SS is the acronym of Diplomat of National Board Common Entrance Test for Super Specialty courses. National Board of Examination (NBE) conducts DNB CET SS every year for the admissions in different Indian Universities for post graduate and post doctorate programmes in Super Specialty courses. Candidates can visit the official site of NBE for all the details and also stay on this page to get the precise information on DNB CET SS.
DNB CET Super Specialty
DNB CET SS is an entrance examination and an essential pre-requisite for entry to post MD/MS/DNB 3-year Super Specialty courses. The admissions are based on the ranking secured by the candidates in the entrance test. Meanwhile, the test would be computer based only which is conducted by NBE once in a year. The test pattern will be the Multiple Choice Question based (MCQ) with single correct response.
|Entrance Examination||3rd week of Dec, 2018|
- Candidates who are in possession of postgraduate medical degrees/Provisional Pass Certificates by the test year in eligible* specialties and their medical qualifications are recognized as per the provisions of the Indian Medical Council Act 1956 or DNB qualifications may apply for DNB-CETSS through the online application.
- Candidate should possess permanent registration certificate of MBBS qualification and their additional medical qualification should be registered with Medical council of India.
- Candidates found to be ineligible at any stage of DNB-CETSS will not be permitted to appear in the examination. In an unlikely event of any ineligible candidate appearing and/or being successful in the CET-SS, the results/candidature of such candidate shall be cancelled and/or are deemed to be cancelled.
- Candidates already pursuing a DM/MCh or DNB course are not eligible to appear for the DNB-CET SS till such time they have completed the duration of the prescribed course or have been discharged from the course.
- Registration and /or appearance in DNB-CET SS does not confer any automatic rights upon the candidate for admission at NBE accredited hospital/institute.
- Registration with M.C.I./State Medical Council/ is necessary and its documentary proof should be furnished at the time of counseling.
- NBE has introduced DNB Medical Genetics as 3 years Super Specialty Course from January 2015 Academic Session onwards. Candidates with DNB/MD/MS qualification in General Medicine, Pediatrics and Obstetrics & Gynecology only are eligible to opt for Medical Genetics.
- For candidates with DNB/MD qualification in Medicine/Pediatrics, the merit list for admission to Medical Genetics Programme shall be derived from DNB CET- SS; Medical & Pediatrics sub group respectively.
- Candidates with DNB/MS qualification in Obstetrics & Gynecology shall appear in the NBE FET (for the same academic session as DNB CET-SS) for Obstetrics and Gynecology discipline. Their FET question paper shall have 100 questions in Obstetrics and Gynecology and 30 questions in Medical Genetics. The marks obtained in Obstetrics & Gynecology component (i.e. out of 100) shall be scaled to 180 and a common merit list shall be prepared (based on performance in 180+30 = 210 questions).
Scheme of Examination
DNB-CETSS is an entrance examination and is an essential pre-requisite for entry to post MD/MS/DNB 3-year Super Specialty courses. This is a computer based test which is taken only once in a year under the guidelines of NBE.
The question paper shall comprise of 180 multiple choice questions (MCQs) with single correct response to be attempted by candidate in 3 hrs. The questions shall be of the level of Post Graduate Exit Examination. The questions shall cover topics from Applied basic sciences, clinical practice and Recent advances.
Question Paper :
- Medical Specialties – 180 questions
- Surgical Specialties – 180 questions
- Pediatric Specialties (For Neonatology) – 180 questions
- For Medical Genetics – Eligible candidates from (a) and (c) above shall in addition undertake 30 MCQ paper in Medical Genetics.
The examination shall be a Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) test delivered using computer network as per scheme prescribed.
Negative Marking: There shall be no negative marking.
DNB CET SS Syllabus: As per the curriculum of the concerned specialty i.e. MD/DNB in Medicine for Medical Super Specialty; MS/DNB in Surgery for Surgical Group; MD/DNB in Pediatrics for Neonatology group.
Instruction to Candidates
- DNB CET-SS is a qualifying-cum-ranking examination for entry to various Super Specialty courses.
- Applicant may kindly note that appearance in CET-SS does not confer any automatic rights to score a seat in NBE accredited hospital /institute.
- Applications of candidates producing false or fabricated information will not be considered and candidates may be further debarred from appearing in any future examinations conducted by NBE.
- Candidates should go through the bulletin carefully for eligibility criteria, scheme, pattern of examination, etc. before contacting the NBE for any queries. Queries pertaining to eligibility and other issues will only be entertained if the information requested is not given in bulletin or on website www.natboard.edu.in.
- Incomplete applications or applications not in accordance with instructions will not be considered and are liable to be rejected. The examination fee will not be refunded in such cases.
- Fee will neither be carried forward to a future date nor refunded under any circumstances. Online applications and/or their acknowledgment of submission received after the due date will not be entertained and exam fee will not be returned in such cases. Application once submitted cannot be withdrawn.
- Instructions in the information-bulletin are liable to changes based on decisions taken by the NBE from time to time. There is no equity or any rights that are /or deemed to be arising in favor of candidate.
- NBE reserves the right to withdraw permission, if any, granted inadvertently to any candidate who is not eligible to appear in the CET-SS even though the admit card/roll number has been issued or name/roll number is displayed on the website of the Board.
- Candidates’ eligibility is purely provisional & is subject to the fulfillment of eligibility criteria as prescribed by the NBE.
- The existing schedule, pattern, policy and guidelines are for ready reference only but in no way they are or are ought to be treated as representative or acknowledgment of fact that NBE is bound to follow the same in future.
- In case of any ambiguity in interpretation of any of the instructions/ terms/rules/criteria regarding the determination of eligibility/conduct of examinations/registration of candidates/information contained herein, the interpretation of the National Board of Examinations will be final and binding.
Official Website for DNB CET SS www.nbe.edu.in