DNB CET SS 2017 is a qualifying-cum-ranking examination for entry to various Super Specialty courses.
Latest – DNB CET SS 2017 Counselling schedule has been published. Check the link below.
DNB CET Super Specialty January 2017
DNB CET SS is an entrance examination and is an essential pre-requisite for entry to post MD/MS/DNB 3-year Super Specialty courses. The next session of entrance examination will be held on 29 Nov 2016 and conducted as computer-based test only.
- Purpose of Examination: Ranking Examination for admission to DNB (Super Specialty) courses
- Periodicity: Once a year
- Pattern of examination : MCQ based with single correct response
- Mode of conduct : Computer based
- Criteria for passing the examination: Ranking Examination
- Seat Allotment: Group Specific Merit Based Counseling conducted by NBE
Schedule for the DNB CET Super Specialty January 2017 is given below.
|Online Registration||26 Sep 2016|
|Last date of online registration||07 Nov 2016|
|Date of Examination||29 Nov 2016|
|Cut off date for completing DNB/MD/MS Qualification*||31 Dec 2016|
|Declaration of Result||Declared on 06 Jan 2017
Candidates are advised to read & go through the instructions regarding filling of online application form given on DNB-CETSS website www.cetss.natboard.edu.in before starting online registration and scheduling process for DNB- CETSS (2017 Admission Session).
- Candidates who are in possession of post graduate medical degrees/ Provisional Pass Certificates by 31st December 2016 in eligible* specialties and their medical qualifications are recognized as per the provisions of the Indian Medical Council Act 1956 or DNB qualifications may apply for DNB-CETSS through online application. Candidates shall have completed his/her 3 years of MD/MS training by 31.12.2016.
- Candidate should possess permanent registration certificate of MBBS qualification and their additional medical qualification should be registered with Medical council of India.
- Candidates found to be ineligible at any stage of DNB-CETSS will not be permitted to appear in the examination. In an unlikely event of any ineligible candidate appearing and/or being successful in the DNB-CETSS, the results/ candidature of such candidate shall be cancelled and/or are deemed to be cancelled.
- Requests for appearing in DNB-CETSS from candidates who are qualifying and getting their results of the basic eligibility qualification after 31st December 2016 shall be summarily rejected.
Note: Candidate who are qualifying and getting their results after 31st December 2016 or likely to qualify after 31st December 2016 need not apply in the DNB-CETSS exam as they shall be ineligible to participate at any stage of the admission process.
- Candidates already pursuing a DM/MCh or DNB course are not eligible to appear for the DNB-CETSS till such time they have completed the duration of prescribed course or have been discharged from the course.
- Registration and /or appearance in DNB-CETSS does not confer any automatic rights upon the candidate for admission at NBE accredited hospital / institute.
- Registration with M.C.I./State Medical Council/ is necessary and its documentary proof should be furnished at the time of counseling.
- NBE has introduce DNB Medical Genetics as 3 years Super Specialty Course from January 2015 Academic Session onwards. Candidates with DNB/MD/MS qualification in General Medicine, Pediatrics and Obstetrics & Gynecology only are eligible to opt for Medical Genetics (Cut off date for qualification 31.12.2016)
- For candidates with DNB/MD qualification in Medicine/Pediatrics, the merit list for admission to Medical Genetics Programme shall be derived from DNBCET- SS; Medical & Pediatrics sub group respectively.
- Candidates with DNB/MS qualification in Obstetrics & Gynaecology shall appear in the NBE FET (for the same academic session as DNBCET-SS) for Obstetrics and Gynaecology discipline. Their FET question paper shall have 100 questions in Obstetrics and Gynaecology and 30 questions in Medical Genetics. The marks obtained in Obstetrics & Gynaecology component (i.e. out of 100) shall be scaled to 180 and a common merit list shall be prepared (based on performance in 180+30 = 210 questions).
Admit card will be issued by NBE for the candidates who have submitted the online application form before the last date. Candidates can downloa their admit card to appear for the examination. Candidate is required to print a copy of admit card and affix a latest passport size photograph on the admit card. Candidate is required to bring the admit card to the Test centre along with an identification document.
Scheme of Examination
DNB-CETSS is an entrance examination and is an essential pre-requisite for entry to post MD/MS/DNB 3-year Super Specialty courses. The next session of entrance examination shall be held on 29 November 2016 and conducted as computer-based test only
The question paper shall comprise of 180 multiple choice questions (MCQs) with single correct response to be attempted by candidate in 3 hrs. The questions shall be of the level of Post Graduate Exit Examination. The questions shall cover topics from Applied basic sciences, clinical practice and Recent advances.
Question Paper :
- Medical Specialties – 180 questions
- Surgical Specialties – 180 questions
- Pediatric Specialties (For Neonatology) – 180 questions
- For Medical Genetics – Eligible candidates from (a) and (c) above shall in addition undertake 30 MCQ paper in Medical Genetics.
Merit list shall be as follows:
- Pediatrics /Neonatology
- Medical Genetics combined-Medical /Pediatrics /Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Candidates successful in the DNB-CETSS shall be asked to participate in a Centralized merit based counseling conducted by National Board of Examinations for allotment of DNB seats at NBE accredited Institutions/ hospitals/ medical colleges in order of their merit and candidate shall be able to opt for the NBE accredited institution/hospital/medical college of their choice as per availability at their merit.
The examination shall be a multiple choice questions test delivered using computer network as per scheme prescribed.
Negative Marking: There shall be no negative marking.
DNB CET SS Syllabus: As per the curriculum of the concerned specialty i.e. MD/DNB in Medicine for Medical Super Specialty; MS/DNB in Surgery for Surgical Group; MD/DNB in Pediatrics for Neonatology group.
The results for CET-SS will be declared after the successfully conduction of examination. Candidates who appeared for the examination can check their result from the “Result” link mentioned above.
The schedule of CET(SS)-Centralized counselling is now made available on NBE website www.natboard.edu.in. The counselling shall be done purely on the basis of the CET(SS) Group specific Merit Position. In the event of two or more candidates obtaining same CET(SS) marks, the Tie breaker criteria are mentioned in information bulletin below.
Candidates are required to deposit a counseling fee of Rs. 2500/- through demand draft in favour of National Board of Examinations, payable at New Delhi, on the day of counseling at counseling venue itself. Candidates are required to bring the above mentioned demand draft, failing which they shall not be allowed to participate in the counseling.
Instruction to Candidates
- CET-SS is a qualifying-cum-ranking examination for entry to various Super Specialty courses.
- Applicant may kindly note that appearance in CET-SS does not confer any automatic rights to score a seat in NBE accredited hospital /institute.
- Online Registration & scheduling for the examination must be completed by schedule date.
- Applications of candidates producing false or fabricated information will not be considered and candidates may be further debarred from appearing in any future examinations conducted by NBE.
- Candidates should go through the bulletin carefully for eligibility criteria, scheme, pattern of examination etc before contacting the NBE for any queries. Queries pertaining to eligibility and other issues will only be entertained if the information requested is not given in bulletin or on website www.natboard.edu.in
- Incomplete applications or applications not in accordance with instructions will not be considered and are liable to be rejected. The examination fee will not be refunded in such cases.
- Fee will neither be carried forward to a future date nor refunded under any circumstances. Online applications and/or their acknowledgment of submission received after the due date will not be entertained and exam fee will not be returned in such cases. Application once submitted cannot be withdrawn.
- Instructions in the information-bulletin are liable to changes based on decisions taken by the NBE from time to time. There is no equity or any rights that are /or deemed to be arising in favor of candidate.
- NBE reserves the right to withdraw permission, if any, granted inadvertently to any candidate who is not eligible to appear in the CET-SS even though the admit card/roll number has been issued or name/roll number is displayed on the website of the Board.
- Candidates’ eligibility is purely provisional & is subject to the fulfillment of eligibility criteria as prescribed by the NBE.
- The existing schedule, pattern, policy and guidelines are for ready reference only but in no way they are or are ought to be treated as representative or acknowledgment of fact that NBE is bound to follow the same in future.
- In case of any ambiguity in interpretation of any of the instructions/ terms/rules/criteria regarding the determination of eligibility/conduct of examinations/registration of candidates/information contained herein, the interpretation of the National Board of Examinations will be final and binding.
For more details of DNB CET SS 2017 – Download Information Brochure.
For queries if any, please ask in the comments below.