DNB-CET is an entrance examination and is an essential pre-requisite for entry to DNB Broad Specialty and Post MBBS Direct 6 years super specialty courses. The next session of entrance examination is conducted as a computer-based exam only. Get here complete information regarding the DNB CET on this page.
Candidates successful in the DNB-CET are advised to participate in a Centralized merit-based counseling conducted by National Board of Examinations for allotment of DNB seats at NBE accredited Institutions/ hospitals/medical colleges in order of their merit and candidate can opt for the NBE accredited institution/hospital/medical college of their choice as per availability at their merit. The provisional list of National Board of Examinations accredited institutes where candidates can pursue DNB is available at NBE website www.cet.natboard.edu.in.
DNB-CET is a qualifying-cum-ranking examination for entry to various Post Graduate courses including Direct 6 year course in the specialty of Plastic Surgery, Neuro-Surgery, Cardio-thoracic Surgery and Pediatric Surgery.
Schedule for DNB CET is given below.
|Online Registration for DNB CET||11 May 2018||May 2019|
|Last date for online registration||31 May 2018||May 2019|
|Examination date for DNB CET||29 Jun 2018||Jun 2019|
|Declaration of Results||26 Jul 2018||Jul 2019|
- Candidates who are in possession of MBBS degree/Provisional Pass Certificate recognized as per the provisions of the Indian Medical Council Act 1956 and possess permanent/provisional registration certificate of MBBS qualification issued by the Medical Council of India/ State Medical Council and have completed one year of internship/likely to complete on or before the year admission may apply for DNB-CET examination through online application.
- Candidates found to be ineligible at any stage of DNB-CET will not be permitted to appear in the examination. In an unlikely event of any ineligible candidate appearing and/or being successful in the DNB-CET, the results/candidature of such candidate shall be cancelled and/or are deemed to be cancelled as and when the ineligibility is detected.
- Requests for appearing in DNB CET from candidates completing internship after the year of admission or having qualifications that are not recognized as per IMC Act shall be summarily rejected. Candidates are further advised not to canvass for the same.
- Candidates already pursuing DNB course are not eligible to appear for the DNB-CET till such time they have completed the entire duration of the prescribed course or have been discharged from the course. Candidates who have joined DNB- Broad Specialty course in or after December 2014 session are not eligible to appear in DNB-CET. This shall be irrespective of their resignation or discontinuation from the course due to any reason.
- Appearing in DNB-CET (Admission Session) does not confer any automatic rights upon the candidate for admission at NBE accredited hospital/ institute
- Registration with M.C.I./State Medical Council/ is necessary and its documentary proof has to be furnished at the time of counseling and at the test centre on the examination day
- A Candidate can register for DNB-CET (Admission Session) only once. Registration for CET, more than once shall constitute unfair means and lead to disqualification and/or penal action.
Scheme of Examination
DNB-CET is an entrance examination and is an essential pre-requisite for entry to DNB Broad Specialty and Post MBBS Direct 6 years super specialty courses. The next session of entrance examination shall be held as per schedule and conducted as computer-based exam only.
The exam comprises of 300 multiple choice, single correct response questions in English language only.
Candidates successful in the DNB-CET shall be asked to participate in a Centralized merit-based counseling conducted by National Board of Examinations for allotment of DNB seats at NBE accredited Institutions/ hospitals/medical colleges in order of their merit and candidate shall be able to opt for the NBE accredited institution/hospital/medical college of their choice as per availability at their merit.
The provisional list of National Board of Examinations accredited institutes where candidates can pursue DNB is available at NBE website www.cet.natboard.edu.in.
The examination shall be a multiple choice questions exam delivered using computer network.
Negative Marking: There shall be no negative marking.
The list of various tentative cities where DNB CET 2018 was conducted last year is as follows:
Candidates are advised to familiarize themselves with the location of test centre and plan travel time accordingly. Candidates have to reach the test centres on or before the reporting time. Candidates may note that late entry to the examination premises is not permitted under any circumstances. NBE shall not be responsible for any delayed arrival of the candidate in reaching the centre due to any reason.
Instruction to Candidates
- DNB CET is a qualifying-cum-ranking examination for entry to various Post Graduate courses including Direct 6 year course in the specialty of Plastic Surgery, Neuro-Surgery, Cardio-thoracic Surgery and Pediatric Surgery.
- Applicant may kindly note that appearance in DNB-CET does not confer any automatic rights to secure a seat in NBE accredited hospital /institute.
- Applications of candidates furnishing false or fabricated information will not be considered and candidates may be further debarred from appearing in any future examinations conducted by NBE.
- Candidates should go through the bulletin carefully for eligibility criteria, scheme, pattern of examination etc before contacting NBE for any queries. Queries pertaining to eligibility and other issues will only be entertained if the information requested is not given in bulletin or on website www.cet.natboard.edu.in/
- Incomplete applications or applications not in accordance with instructions will not be considered and are liable to be rejected. The examination fee will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Fee will neither be carried forward to a future date nor refunded under any circumstances. Online applications and/or their acknowledgment of submission received after the due date will not be entertained and exam fee will not be returned in such cases. Application once submitted cannot be withdrawn.
- NBE reserves the right to withdraw permission, if any, granted inadvertently to any candidate who is not eligible to appear in the DNBCET even though the admit card/roll number has been issued or name/roll number is displayed on NBE website.
- The DNB-CET shall be conducted by NBE at test centres engaged for the purpose. Candidates will be able to schedule their exams based on the availability of test centre on the date, time and venue of their choice. Candidates are advised to familiarize themselves with the route and location of the test centre. Location maps for all test centres are available on the website.
Official Website: www.nbe.edu.in