DNB Final 2021: National Board of Examinations (NBE) has extended the last date to fill the application form for DNB/DrNB Final Theory December Examinations till November 25, 2021 up to 11:55 pm. Whereas, DNB/DrNB Final theory examination December 2021 session will be held on December 16, 17, 18 and 19, 2021. National Board of Examination (NBE) conducts DNB Final in two sessions of June and December. The duration of the exam is 3 hour. Candidates can appear in DNB practical examination only if they have qualified the DNB Final 2021 theory examination. Scroll below for more details like eligibility criteria, syllabus, exam pattern, application form and result for DNB Final 2021 (December Session).
Latest – National Board of Examinations (NBE) has extended the last date to submit the application form for DNB/DrNB Final Theory December Examinations till November 25, 2021. Click here to Apply.
DNB Final 2021 (Dec)
Candidates who secure good marks in DNB Final 2021 (Dec) theory exam but fail to pass the practical examination can appear for 2 more attempts in the consecutive sessions of DNB Final Examinations. However, applicants who fail in their first attempt DNB Final Examinations (theory), are required to reappear in the theory examination of session. Shown below are the important dates.
|DNB Final 2021 (Dec)||Dates|
|Opening of Online Application Form||23 Oct 2021 (from 3:00 PM)|
|Closing of Online Application Form||25 Nov 2021 (till 11:55 PM)|
|Select the examination city of their choice from||to be announced|
|Availability of DNB Final Admit Card||10 Dec 2021|
|Dates of Final Examinations Dec 2021 (Theory)||16, 17, 18 & 19 Dec 2021|
|Dates of Final Examinations Dec 2021 (Practical)||to be announced|
|DNB Final Theory June 2021||24, 25, 26 & 27 Aug 2021|
|DNB Final Practical June 2021||Nov / Dec 2021|
DNB Final (Dec) 2021 Application Form Last Date Extended
Check out the notice regarding extension of last date to apply DNB Final December Session 2021 exam – Download PDF Here
DNB Final 2021 (Dec) Notification
National Board of Examinations in Medical Sciences (NBEMS) shall conduct the DNB/DrNB Final Theory Examinations of December 2021 session on 16th, 17th, 18th and 19th December 2021 at various examination centers across the country. The Application form for DNB/DrNB Final Theory Examinations December 2021 Session on October 23, 2021 and the last date to submit the Application form till November 12, 2021.
Click here to download the above notice
DNB Final 2021 (Dec) Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check the eligibility criteria required to appear for the DNB Final 2021 below.
DNB Broad Specialty Candidates:
- The candidate should possess Training Completion Certificate along with details of leave taken during DNB training. Any application form without the same, is rejected. The cut off for completion for the same is June 30, 2022.
- Candidates whose DNB training is ongoing must have Provisional Training Completion Certificate (PTCC). After completion, they should have Final Training Completion Certificate (FTCC).
MD/MS Qualified Candidates:
- Candidates who have passed MD/MS from a recognised university can apply.
- Submission of proof of having qualified final examination for MD/MS degree on or before 31st December 2021 is an essential prerequisite..
- Candidates must have written thesis for obtaining a DNB degree certificate.
- DNB candidates must submit their thesis before the cut off date.
DNB Final Direct Six Years Course
Candidates enrolled for DrNB Direct 6 year courses in Paediatric Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Neurosurgery and Cardiothoracic & Vascular Surgery are required to take Part – I & Part – II (Final) Examination.
|Part 1||On completion of 2 years of DrNB training subject to fulfilment of|
Examination eligibility criteria.
|Final||On completion of 5 years of DrNB training subject to fulfillment of|
Examination eligibility criteria. Paper–I of the theory exam shall be
exempted; Candidates are required to take only Paper –II & III of DrNB
Final Theory Exam.
DNB Final 2021 (Dec) Application Form
NBE, has released the DNB Final 2021 (Dec) Application Form on the official website. Candidates can apply for the same on online basis through the Online Exit Examinations Portal (OEEP). The applicants should ensure that all details are correct, as there is no form correction facility available for DNB Final 2021 (Dec) Application Form.
DNB Final 2021 Application Fee
The official authority has levied the following application fee for DNB Final 2021 examination.
|Candidate||Exam Fee||Registration Fee||Total (in Rs.)|
|Only Practical Examination|
(DNB/DrNB trainee or MD/MS/DM/MCh Candidate)
Mode of payment: Candidates can pay the application form fee through Credit Card / Debit Card or net banking facility.
DNB Final 2021 (Dec) Admit Card
The admit card of the candidate for theory examination shall be available for download at NBEMS website natboard from December 10, 2021. Candidates are required to take print out of their admit card from the website, paste their photograph at the designated place and appear at exam centre along with one of the following original and valid/non-expired ID proof:
- PAN Card
- Driving License
- Voter ID
- Aadhaar Card (with Photograph)
DNB Final 2021 (Dec) Courses Offered
Candidates can check the list of the courses offered by DNB Final below.
Broad Specialty Courses
- Diplomate National Board (Anatomy)
- Diplomate National Board (Emergency Medicine)
- Diplomate National Board (Field Epidemiology)
- Diplomate National Board (Immunobematology & Transfusion Medicine)
- Diplomate National Board (Rural Surgery)
Super Specialty Courses
- Diplomate National Board (Hematology)
- Diplomate National Board (Medical Genetics)
- Diplomate National Board (Medical Oncology)
- Diplomate National Board (Neomatology)
- Diplomate National Board (Peripheral Vascular Surgery)
- Diplomate National Board (Rhcumatology)
- Diplomate National Board (Surgical Gastroenterology)
- Diplomate National Board (Surgical Oncology)
- Diplomate National Board (Thoracic Surgery)
Fellowship National Board (FNB) Courses
- Fellowship National Board (Minisral Access Surgery)
- Fellowship National Board (Pediatric Hemato Oncology)
- Fellowship National Board (Pediatric Cardiology)
- Fellowship National Board (Pediatric Intensive Care)
- Fellowship National Board (Reproductive Medicine)
- Fellowship National Board (Spine Surgery)
- Fellowship National Board (Trauma Care)
- Fellowship National Board (Vitreo Retinal Surgery)
- Fellowship National Board (Paediatric Gastroenterology)
- Fellowship National Board (Sports Medicine)
- Fellowship National Board (Critical care Medicine)
- Fellowship National Board (Cardiac Anesthesia)
- Fellowship National Board (Hand & Micro Surgery)
- Fellowship National Board (High, risk Pregnancy & Perinatology)
- Fellowship National Board (Interventional Cardiology)
- Fellowship National Board (Infectious Discase)
- Fellowship National Board (Laboratory Medicine)
DNB Final 2021 (Dec) Test Centers
Candidates can check the test centers for DNB Final below.
DNB Final 2021 (Dec) Syllabus
Candidates can check the syllabus for DNB Final below.
Note: Candidates who have successfully qualified the Part–I theory examination are required to appear in Part – I practical examination.
DNB Final 2021 (Dec) Exam Pattern
Candidates can check the exam pattern for DNB Final 2021 below.
• The theory examination comprises of four papers, maximum marks 100 each.
• There are 10 short notes of 10 marks each, in each of the papers.
• The number of short notes and their respective marks weightage may vary in some subjects/some papers.
• Maximum time permitted is 3 hours.
• Candidate must score at least 200/400 in the aggregate of 4 papers to qualify the theory examination. Grace marks of up to 2% of maximum marks i.e. 8/400 shall be given only to the candidates falling in the zone of consideration i.e. securing between 192-199 marks out of 400.
• Only those candidates who have qualified the theory examination are permitted to take the practical examination.
• Maximum Marks: 300
• Comprises of OSCE and/or Clinical Examination, and Viva.
• Candidate must obtain a minimum of 150/300 marks to qualify for the Practical Examination.
• There is no provision for grace marks in Practical examination.
• There are a maximum of three attempts that can be availed by a candidate for Practical Examination.
• First attempt is the practical examination following immediately after the declaration of theory results in the same session.
• Second and Third attempt in practical examination shall be permitted out of the next three sessions of DNB Final Examinations; after payment of full examination fees as may be prescribed by NBEMS.
Candidates can check the distribution of papers and marks for DNB Final Theory examination below.
DNB Final 2021 (Dec) Important Books
Candidates can check the important books for DNB Final 2021 below.
|Name of the book||Buy Here|
|Anesthesia Review For Dnb Students||Buy Here|
|Exam Preparatory Manual For Obstetrics & Gynecology||Buy Here|
|DNB Orthopaedics Solved Question Bank||Buy Here|
Preparation Tips for DNB Final 2021 (Dec)
Candidates can check the preparation tips for DNB Final 2021 below.
- Candidates must have adequate and basic knowledge of the General Surgery subject.
- Candidates can solve previous year question papers for having an idea of the type of questions and level of the examination.
- Candidates must appear for the mock test for having an idea of the pattern of the examination and also to learn the time management skills.
- Candidates must have good and fast writing skills as in the theory part candidates are required to write for the 10 short notes for 10 marks each for all the four papers.
Duplicate Provisional Pass Certificate
In case any of the qualified candidates have lost their DNB Final 2021 pass certificate then they can claim a duplicate pass certificate to the authorities along with a copy of FIR lodged with police authorities for loss of certificate, affidavit in support of the application (attested by public notary/oath commissioner/judicial magistrate). Candidates must pay a fee of One thousand for document up to preceding 3 years and Two thousand rupees for documents more than three years old. Candidates are required to pay the fees in the form of a Demand Draft.
DNB Final 2021 (Dec) Qualifying Marks
Candidates can check the qualifying marks for DNB Final 2021 below.
|Theory||200/400 (in aggregate of all the 4 papers)|
|Practical||150/300 (in clinical examination including viva)|
DNB Final 2021 (Dec) Result
NBE shall release the result for DNB Final Dec 2021 session. It releases the result in the form of a scorecard. Candidates can download their results online on the official site by entering their roll number and date of birth. After the declaration of the DNB Final Result for the theory part, qualified candidates are required to appear for the practical examination
DNB Final 2021 (Dec) Fee structure
Candidates can check the fee structure for DNB Final 2021 examination below.
|Course||Examination Fee||Registration Fee|
for practical exam
The Government of India established the National Board of Examinations (NBE) in the year 1975 to improve the quality of the Medical Education by establishing high and uniform standards of postgraduate examinations in modern medicine on an all India basis and also for utilizing existing infrastructure for capacity building. NBE conducts the examination to provide a common standard and mechanism of evaluation of the maximum level of attainment of the knowledge and competencies of medical specialties.
Official website: natboard.edu.in
For more information regarding DNB Final 2021 – Download DNB Final 2021 Information Bulletin
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.