DNB Final 2020 – 2021: National Board of Examinations (NBE) has extended the last date to fill the application form for DNB Final Theory December Exam till February 22, 2021, up to 11:55 PM. Candidates can apply online for DNB Final December 2020 exam at exam.natboard.edu.in. The theory examination will be held during March 18-21, 2021. National Board of Examination (NBE) conducts DNB Final in two sessions of June and December. The duration of the exam is 3 hour. Candidates can appear in DNB practical examination only if they have qualified the DNB Final 2020 – 2021 theory examination. Scroll below for more details like eligibility criteria, syllabus, exam pattern, application form and result for DNB Final 2020- 2021 (December Session).
Latest: The last date to submit the application form for DNB Final Theory December Exam is extended up to February 22, 2021. Scroll down to Apply it.
DNB Final 2020 – 2021
Candidates who secure good marks in DNB Final 2020-21 theory exam but fail to pass the practical examination can appear for 2 more attempts in the consecutive sessions of DNB Final Examinations. However, applicants who fail in their first attempt DNB Final Examinations (theory), are required to reappear in the theory examination of session. Shown below are the important dates.
|DNB Final 2020 – 2021||Dates|
|Opening of Online Application Form||19 Jan 2021|
|Closing of Online Application Form|
22 Feb 2021 (11:55 PM)
|Select the examination city of their choice from||19 Feb 2021 (3PM|
onwards) – 23 Feb 2021 (by 6PM).
|Availability of DNB Final Admit Card||to be announced|
|Dates of Final Examinations Dec 2020 (Theory)||18 – 21 Mar 2021|
|Closing of Online Application Form for ONLY PRACTICAL (DNB Final)||to be announced|
DNB Final Theory December Exam 2020 Application Deadline Extended and Examination City Selection Notice
- Click here to download above notice in PDF format.
- Earlier Notice: Click here to check the DNB Final Theory December Exam 2020 Application Form Deadline Extended Notice.
DNB Final Theory Exam December 2020 – 2021 Notice
Click here to download Notice
DNB Final 2020 – 2021 Application Form
Apply Here: Click Here to fill DNB Final 2020 – 2021 Application Form.
NBE, has released the DNB Final 2020 Application Form on the official website. Candidates can apply for the same on online basis through the Online Exit Examinations Portal (OEEP). The applicants should ensure that all details are correct, as there is no form correction facility available for DNB Final 2020 – 2021 Application Form.
DNB Final 2020 Application Fee
The official authority has levied the following application fee for DNB Final 2020 examination.
|Candidate||Exam Fee||Registration Fee||GST|
Mode of payment: Candidates can pay the application form fee through Credit Card / Debit Card or net banking facility.
DNB Final 2020 – 2021 Admit Card
National Board of Examination (NBE) will release the admit card for DNB final 2020 examination for both posts “Broad specialty and Super specialty” on the official website. Candidates have successfully submitted their application form are issued DNB Final 2020 admit cards. Candidates can login with form id and OTP to download the same. No candidate is allowed to enter the test centre without the following.
- PAN Card
- Driving License
- Voter ID
- Aadhaar Card (with Photograph)
DNB Final 2020 – 2021 Courses Offered
Candidates can check the list of the courses offered by DNB Final below.
Broad Specialty Courses
- Diplomate National Board (Anatomy)
- Diplomate National Board (Emergency Medicine)
- Diplomate National Board (Field Epidemiology)
- Diplomate National Board (Immunobematology & Transfusion Medicine)
- Diplomate National Board (Rural Surgery)
Super Specialty Courses
- Diplomate National Board (Hematology)
- Diplomate National Board (Medical Genetics)
- Diplomate National Board (Medical Oncology)
- Diplomate National Board (Neomatology)
- Diplomate National Board (Peripheral Vascular Surgery)
- Diplomate National Board (Rhcumatology)
- Diplomate National Board (Surgical Gastroenterology)
- Diplomate National Board (Surgical Oncology)
- Diplomate National Board (Thoracic Surgery)
Fellowship National Board (FNB) Courses
- Fellowship National Board (Minisral Access Surgery)
- Fellowship National Board (Pediatric Hemato Oncology)
- Fellowship National Board (Pediatric Cardiology)
- Fellowship National Board (Pediatric Intensive Care)
- Fellowship National Board (Reproductive Medicine)
- Fellowship National Board (Spine Surgery)
- Fellowship National Board (Trauma Care)
- Fellowship National Board (Vitreo Retinal Surgery)
- Fellowship National Board (Paediatric Gastroenterology)
- Fellowship National Board (Sports Medicine)
- Fellowship National Board (Critical care Medicine)
- Fellowship National Board (Cardiac Anesthesia)
- Fellowship National Board (Hand & Micro Surgery)
- Fellowship National Board (High, risk Pregnancy & Perinatology)
- Fellowship National Board (Interventional Cardiology)
- Fellowship National Board (Infectious Discase)
- Fellowship National Board (Laboratory Medicine)
DNB Final 2020 – 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check the eligibility criteria required to appear for the DNB Final 2020 below.
DNB Broad Specialty Candidates:
- The candidate should possess Training Completion Certificate along with details of leave taken during DNB training. Any application form without the same, is rejected. The cut off for completion for the same is November 30, 2020.
- Candidates whose DNB training is ongoing must have Provisional Training Completion Certificate (PTCC). After completion, they should have Final Training Completion Certificate (FTCC).
MD/MS Qualified Candidates:
- Candidates who have passed MD/MS from a recognised university can apply.
- The degree of the candidates must be awarded to them on or before September 30, 2020.
- Candidates must have written thesis for obtaining a DNB degree certificate.
- DNB candidates must submit their thesis before the cut off date.
DNB Final 2020 – 2021 Test Centers
Candidates can check the test centers for DNB Final below. This is as per last year.
DNB Final 2020 – 2021 Syllabus
Candidates can check the syllabus for DNB Final below.
- Pediatric Surgery (PART-I)/ Plastic Surgery (PARTI)/Neurosurgery (PART-I)/ Caardiothorasis Surgery (PART-I) PAPER -I: Basic Principles of General Surgery
- Pediatric Surgery (PART I) PAPER II: Basic Sciences as applied to Paediatric Surgery
- Plastic Surgery (PART I) PAPER II: Basic Sciences as applied to Plastic Surgery
- Neurosurgery (PART I) PAPER II: Basic Sciences as applied to Neurosurgery
- Cardiothoracic Surgery (PART I) PAPER II: Basic Sciences as applied to Cardiothoracic Surgery
Note: Candidates who have successfully qualified the Part–I theory examination are required to appear in Part – I practical examination.
DNB Final 2020 – 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check the exam pattern for DNB Final 2020 below.
- Language: The language of the paper is English.
- Sections: There will be 10 short notes in each of the papers.
- Duration of Examination: Examination will be of 3 hours.
- Type of Questions: There will be 10 short notes in each of the papers.
- Maximum Marks: Maximum marks for the test is 400.
- Maximum Marks: Maximum marks for the test is 300.
- Cut off: They need to obtain 150/300 in order to qualify.
- It is divided into 2 parts i.e Clinical Examination and Viva
Candidates can check the distribution of papers and marks for DNB Final Theory examination below.
Note: Each paper contains 10 short notes of 10 marks each.
DNB Final Direct Six Years Course
Those candidates who have enrolled for Direct 6-year courses (Paediatric Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Cardio-Thoracic Surgery, and Neurosurgery) can take Part–I Examination on completion of their 2 years of DNB training subject to fulfilment of eligibility criteria. The examination pattern for the DNB Final Direct Six Years Course is same as explained above in the exam pattern section.
DNB Final 2020 – 2021 Important Books
Candidates can check the important books for DNB Final 2020 below.
|Name of the book||Buy Here|
|Anesthesia Review For Dnb Students||Buy Here|
|Exam Preparatory Manual For Obstetrics & Gynecology||Buy Here|
|DNB Orthopaedics Solved Question Bank||Buy Here|
Preparation Tips for DNB Final 2020 – 2021
Candidates can check the preparation tips for DNB Final 2020 below.
- Candidates must have adequate and basic knowledge of the General Surgery subject.
- Candidates can solve previous year question papers for having an idea of the type of questions and level of the examination.
- Candidates must appear for the mock test for having an idea of the pattern of the examination and also to learn the time management skills.
- Candidates must have good and fast writing skills as in the theory part candidates are required to write for the 10 short notes for 10 marks each for all the four papers.
Duplicate Provisional Pass Certificate
In case any of the qualified candidates have lost their DNB Final 2020 pass certificate then they can claim a duplicate pass certificate to the authorities along with a copy of FIR lodged with police authorities for loss of certificate, affidavit in support of the application (attested by public notary/oath commissioner/judicial magistrate). Candidates must pay a fee of One thousand for document up to preceding 3 years and Two thousand rupees for documents more than three years old. Candidates are required to pay the fees in the form of a Demand Draft.
DNB Final 2020 – 2021 Qualifying Marks
Candidates can check the qualifying marks for DNB Final 2020 below.
|Theory||200/400 (in aggregate of all the 4 papers)|
|Practical||150/300 (in clinical examination including viva)|
DNB Final 2020 – 2021 Result
NBE shall release the result for DNB Final Dec 2020 session. It releases the result in the form of a scorecard. Candidates can download their results online on the official site by entering their roll number and date of birth. After the declaration of the DNB Final Result for the theory part, qualified candidates are required to appear for the practical examination
DNB Final 2020 – 2021 Fee structure
Candidates can check the fee structure for DNB Final 2020 examination below.
|Course||Examination Fee||Registration Fee|
for practical exam
The Government of India established the National Board of Examinations (NBE) in the year 1975 to improve the quality of the Medical Education by establishing high and uniform standards of postgraduate examinations in modern medicine on an all India basis and also for utilizing existing infrastructure for capacity building. NBE conducts the examination to provide a common standard and mechanism of evaluation of the maximum level of attainment of the knowledge and competencies of medical specialties.
Ques 1. Can I submit DNB 2020 Application form offline?
Ques 2. What is DNB 2020 Final Examination?
qualification. It is held in 2 stages.
Ques 3. What to do in case of query in DNB 2020 Final Examination?
Communication Web Portal.
Official website: natboard.edu.in
For more information regarding DNB Final 2020 – Download DNB Final 2020 Information Bulletin
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.