DNB Final 2020 – National Board of Examination (NBE) conducts DNB Final in two session June and December. But due to the prevailing situation of COVID-19 the exam which was scheduled to be held in June is now Postponed till August/ September. All the applicants must keep themselves ready with the hardcopy of their application form and admit card to appear for the DNB Final theory examination. DNB Final is conducted for admission to Postgraduate Medical courses. For more information regarding DNB Final, June 2020 candidates can refer to this page below.
Latest: The DNB Final Exam June 2020 postponed until further notice.
DNB Final 2020
It is compulsory for all the candidates to register with DNB to appear for the DNB Final examination for June 2020 session. Candidates can check the important dates and events related to DNB Final Exam June 2020 in the table given below.
|DNB Final 2020||Dates|
|Opening of Online Application Form||To be announced|
|Closing of Online Application Form||To be announced|
|Last date to receive hardcopy of Application form at NBE Office||To be announced|
|Availability of DNB Final Admit Card||To be announced|
|Dates of Final Examinations June 2020 (Theory)||To be announced|
|Closing of Online Application Form for ONLY PRACTICAL (DNB Final)||To be announced|
|Last date for receipt of hardcopy of Application form for|
ONLY PRACTICAL (DNB Final) at NBE Office
|To be announced|
Notice for Postponement of DNB Final 2020 June Exam
DNB Final 2020 Courses Offered
Candidates can check the list of the courses offered by DNB Final below.
Broad Specialty Courses
- Diplomate National Board (Anatomy)
- Diplomate National Board (Emergency Medicine)
- Diplomate National Board (Field Epidemiology)
- Diplomate National Board (Immunobematology & Transfusion Medicine)
- Diplomate National Board (Rural Surgery)
Super Specialty Courses
- Diplomate National Board (Hematology)
- Diplomate National Board (Medical Genetics)
- Diplomate National Board (Medical Oncology)
- Diplomate National Board (Neomatology)
- Diplomate National Board (Peripheral Vascular Surgery)
- Diplomate National Board (Rhcumatology)
- Diplomate National Board (Surgical Gastroenterology)
- Diplomate National Board (Surgical Oncology)
- Diplomate National Board (Thoracic Surgery)
Fellowship National Board (FNB) Courses
- Fellowship National Board (Minisral Access Surgery)
- Fellowship National Board (Pediatric Hemato Oncology)
- Fellowship National Board (Pediatric Cardiology)
- Fellowship National Board (Pediatric Intensive Care)
- Fellowship National Board (Reproductive Medicine)
- Fellowship National Board (Spine Surgery)
- Fellowship National Board (Trauma Care)
- Fellowship National Board (Vitreo Retinal Surgery)
- Fellowship National Board (Paediatric Gastroenterology)
- Fellowship National Board (Sports Medicine)
- Fellowship National Board (Critical care Medicine)
- Fellowship National Board (Cardiac Anesthesia)
- Fellowship National Board (Hand & Micro Surgery)
- Fellowship National Board (High, risk Pregnancy & Perinatology)
- Fellowship National Board (Interventional Cardiology)
- Fellowship National Board (Infectious Discase)
- Fellowship National Board (Laboratory Medicine)
DNB Final 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check the eligibility criteria required to appear for the DNB Final 2020 below.
DNB Broad Specialty Candidates:
- Candidates must have undergone training as a DNB trainee at any National Board of Examinations accredited institute or any medical college/university-recognized institute after having registered with NBE as a DNB trainee and are completing their prescribed (as per registration letter) training as DNB trainee.
- Candidates must submit their certificate before or on the cut off date and the cut off date is on June 30, 2020.
MD/MS Qualified Candidates:
- Candidates who have passed the final examination leading to the award of Post Graduate Degree from Indian Universities.
- The degree of the candidates must be awarded to them on or before September 30, 2020.
Post Diploma DNB Candidates:
- Candidates are required to be registered with NBE for Post Diploma DNB training and completing their prescribed training (as per the registration letter) by June 30, 2020.
- As per the rules of NBE all the applicants are required to write a thesis towards partial fulfilment of eligibility for the award of DNB degree certificate.
- DNB candidates must submit their thesis before the cut-off date which shall be 30th June of same year of their scheduled June final theory examination.
DNB Final 2020 Application Form
The application form for the DNB Final 2020 June session will be available on the official website. All the eligible and interested candidates were expected to submit the application form online. Candidates were also required to send the attested copies of the documents along with their application form. All the applicants have got the printed copy of their submitted application form from the university office. Candidates must appear for the test along with the printed copy of the filled DNB Final 2020 application form.
DNB Final 2020 Application Fee
Candidates have to pay the below-given fees at the time of the registration for DNB Final 2020.
|Examination Fee||Registration Fee|
Mode of payment: Candidates payed the DNB Final 2020 application fee through Credit Card/Debit Card.
DNB Final 2020 Admit Card
National Board of Examination (NBE) will release the admit card for DNB final 2020 examination for both posts “Board specialty and Super specialty” on the official site. Candidates who will successfully submit their application form will be able to download the admit cards by entering their form id and OTP which they receive on their registered mobile number. Candidates must appear for the DNB Final practical and theory examination for June 2020 along with the hard copy of their DNB Final Admit Card.
DNB Final 2020 Test Centers
Candidates can check the test centers for DNB Final below.
DNB Final 2020 Syllabus
Candidates can check the syllabus for DNB Final below.
- Pediatric Surgery (PART-I)/ Plastic Surgery (PARTI)/Neurosurgery (PART-I)/ Caardiothorasis Surgery (PART-I) PAPER -I: Basic Principles of General Surgery
- Pediatric Surgery (PART I) PAPER II: Basic Sciences as applied to Paediatric Surgery
- Plastic Surgery (PART I) PAPER II: Basic Sciences as applied to Plastic Surgery
- Neurosurgery (PART I) PAPER II: Basic Sciences as applied to Neurosurgery
- Cardiothoracic Surgery (PART I) PAPER II: Basic Sciences as applied to Cardiothoracic Surgery
Note: Candidates who have successfully qualified the Part–I theory examination are required to appear in Part – I practical examination.
DNB Final 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check the exam pattern for DNB Final 2020 below.
- Language: The language of the paper is English.
- Sections: There will be 10 short notes in each of the papers.
- Duration of Examination: Examination will be of 3 hours.
- Type of Questions: There will be 10 short notes in each of the papers.
- Maximum Marks: Maximum marks for the test is 400.
- Maximum Marks: Maximum marks for the test is 300.
Candidates can check the distribution of papers and marks for DNB Final Theory examination below.
Note: Each paper contains 10 short notes of 10 marks each.
DNB Final Direct Six Years Course
Those candidates who have enrolled for Direct 6-year courses (Paediatric Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Cardio-Thoracic Surgery, and Neurosurgery) can take Part–I Examination on completion of their 2 years of DNB training subject to fulfillment of eligibility criteria. The last date for completion of 2 years’ DNB training is 30th June 2020. The examination pattern for the DNB Final Direct Six Years Course is same as explained above in the exam pattern section.
DNB Final 2020 Important Books
Candidates can check the important books for DNB Final 2020 below.
|Name of the book||Buy Here|
|Anesthesia Review For Dnb Students||Buy Here|
|Exam Preparatory Manual For Obstetrics & Gynecology||Buy Here|
|DNB Orthopaedics Solved Question Bank||Buy Here|
Preparation Tips for DNB Final 2020
Candidates can check the preparation tips for DNB Final 2020 below.
- Candidates must have adequate and basic knowledge of the General Surgery subject.
- Candidates can solve previous year question papers for having an idea of the type of questions and level of the examination.
- Candidates must appear for the mock test for having an idea of the pattern of the examination and also to learn the time management skills.
- Candidates must have good and fast writing skills as in the theory part candidates are required to write for the 10 short notes for 10 marks each for all the four papers.
DNB Final 2020 Qualifying Marks
Candidates can check the qualifying marks for DNB Final 2020 below.
|Theory||200/400 (in aggregate of all the 4 papers)|
|Practical||150/300 (in clinical examination including viva)|
DNB Final 2020 Result
NBE shall release the result for DNB Final June 2020 session. It releases the result in the form of a scorecard. Candidates can download their results online on the official site by entering their roll number and date of birth. After the declaration of the DNB Final Result for the theory part, qualified candidates are required to appear for the practical examination. Candidates must note that the result of the tical examination shall be declared only on the submission of final training completion certificate and acceptance of the thesis.
In case any of the qualified candidates have lost their DNB Final 2020 pass certificate then they can claim a duplicate pass certificate to the authorities along with a copy of FIR lodged with police authorities for loss of certificate, affidavit in support of the application (attested by public notary/oath commissioner/judicial magistrate). Candidates must pay a fee of One thousand for document up to preceding 3 years and Two thousand rupees for documents more than three years old. Candidates are required to pay the fees in the form of a Demand Draft.
DNB Final 2020 Fee structure
Candidates can check the fee structure for DNB Final 2020 examination below.
|Course||Examination Fee||Registration Fee|
|2nd/3rd attempt |
for practical exam
The Government of India established the National Board of Examinations (NBE) in the year 1975 to improve the quality of the Medical Education by establishing high and uniform standards of postgraduate examinations in modern medicine on an all India basis and also for utilizing existing infrastructure for capacity building. NBE conducts the examination to provide a common standard and mechanism of evaluation of the maximum level of attainment of the knowledge and competencies of medical specialties.
Official website: natboard.edu.in
For more information regarding DNB Final 2020 – Download previous year’s information brochure.
DNB Final 2019 Exam Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : National Board of Examination (NBE) conducts the DNB Final examination.
Ans : Candidates can register for DNB Final exam at natboard.edu.in.
Ans : Candidates just have three attempts to appear for the DNB Final practical exam.
Ans : Candidates are required to collect the hard copy of their completely filled application form from the university office as per the given schedule.
Ans : NBE releases the result for DNB Final in the form of a scorecard.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.