Diplomate of National Board has conducted the Post Diploma Centralized Entrance Test (PDCET) for January 2019 Session. Schedule for First Round of Open Counselling for DNB PDCET January 2019 has been released. NBE conducts postgraduate and postdoctoral examinations in approved specialties leading to the award of Diplomate of National Board. The Medical Council of India has laid down standards for postgraduate examinations conducted by various medical colleges and affiliated to concerned universities and other institutions, yet the levels of proficiency and standards of evaluation vary considerably in these institutions.
DNB PDCET 2019
The candidates applying for this examination will get admissions in the various specialties like Dermatology, Anesthesiology, Psychiatry, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Radio Diagnosis, Radiotherapy, DNB-PDCET is an entrance examination for entry to post-diploma DNB 2 years postgraduate courses. The entrance examination was conducted by the concerned authority as a computer-based test only. Appearance in the Post Diploma CET is an essential pre-requisite for the entry in DNB Broad Specialties 2019 admission session.
Tentative dates for DNB PDCET Jan 2019:
|Availability of Application Form||16 Oct 2018|
|Last date for Online registration||06 Nov 2018|
|Availability of Admit Card||08 Dec 2018|
|Exam date||14 Dec 2018|
|Declaration of Result|
|Registration and filling Options/Choices for First Round Counseling||02 Apr 2019|
Mock test for DNB PDCET 2019 is available here. Candidates can take this test to practice and well versed with the upcoming exam. Candidates can take this test to get familiar with the questions. A static link to take the DNB PDCET 2019 mock test is provided below.
Application Form for DNB PDCET Jan 2019 has been declared in online mode. The schedule for the last date of filling up the application form has also been released by the conducting body. Candidates are required to fill the application form before the due date. Candidates must be aware of the eligibility criteria prior to filling up the application form. The direct link and all details regarding the Online Application Form have been provided above in “Application Form” Page.
- Candidates who have passed the final exam of Post Graduate Diploma from Indian Universities which are duly recognized as per provisions of Indian Medical Council Act 1956, Govt of India i.e. have passed/Passing the final examinations for Post graduate diploma on or before December 31, 2018 can apply for the Post diploma CET in the same Broad specialty. Candidate should have completed his/her 2 years (24 months) of post-graduation diploma training.
Other Criteria to be kept in mind
- Submission of proof of having passed/Passing the Postgraduate diploma final examination on or before is essential. If, in case candidate does not submit the required proof of passing his/her postgraduate diploma final examination at the time of centralized merit based counseling, his/her candidature will not be considered for PDCET admission session.
- Candidate found ineligible at any stage of PDCET will not be permitted to appear in the indicative and exam. In an unlikely event of any ineligible candidate appearing and/or being successful in the PDCET, the result/candidature of such candidate shall be canceled/deemed to be canceled.
- Requests for appearing in PDCET from candidates, who are qualifying and getting their results of the basic eligibility qualification shall be summarily rejected. The candidate who are qualifying their PG Diploma examination or their results or likely to qualify need not apply in the PDCET exam as they shall be ineligible to appear in the PDCET. The candidature of such applicants will be cancelled.
- Candidates already pursuing an MD/MS/DNB course are not eligible to appear for DNB-PDCET till the time they have completed the duration of the prescribed course or have been discharged from the course. Candidates who have joined DNB (Post Diploma) course are not eligible to appear in DNB-PDCET 2018 admission session. This shall be irrespective of their resignation or discontinuation from the course due to any reason.
- Mere appearance in DNB-PDCET do not confer any automatic rights upon the candidate for admission at NBE accredited hospital/institute.
- Registration with M.C.I./ State Medical Council is necessary and its documentary proof should be furnished at the time of counseling.
The admit card for the entrance test will be notified on the official website. Admit card will be released for only those candidates who have completed/submitted and have also done payment of the application form. Applicants can download/take a print out of the admit card and affix a latest passport size photograph on the admit card.
Candidates possessing a valid Admit Card shall only be permitted to take the test. Applicants are advised to bring the admit card to the Test center along with an identification document.
The exam will comprise of 250 multiple choice questions(MCQs), single correct response questions of 4 mark each in English language only as per the following scheme:
|Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry||30|
|Pathology, Microbiology and Pharmacology||30|
|General Medicine, Dermatology, Psychiatry Radiotherapy||45|
|General Surgery, Ansethesia, Orthopaedics & Radiodiagnosis||45|
|ENT & Ophthalmology||30|
|Obstetrics & Gynaecology||30|
- The standard of the examinations will be at the level of Final MBBS (Exit Examination).
- The above scheme is purely provisional. NBE reserves rights to alter/vary /amend the same.
- Candidates successful in DNB-PDCET shall participate in Centralized merit-based counseling conducted by National Board of Examinations for allotment of DNB seats at NBE accredited Institutions/hospitals/medical colleges in order of their specialty-specific merit and candidate shall be able to opt for the NBE accredited institution/hospital/medical college of their choice as per availability at their merit.
- The provisional list of seats in NBE accredited hospitals/institutions will be
updated at NBE website in due course of time.
- The examination shall be a multiple choice questions(MCQs) computer-based test.
- There shall be 25%(0.25) negative marking scheme for incorrect answers. No marks will be deducted for unattempted questions.
The result of the Post Diploma CET has been declared by January 15, 2019. All candidates appearing in Post Diploma CET examination can be ranked in order of the marks secured by them amongst other candidates of same Broad specialty. A separate merit has been prepared for each Broad specialty in which Post Diploma CET examination was conducted.
In case, if two or more candidates obtain same marks then inter-se merit will be determined for all such candidates:
- Candidate who has less number of negative responses shall be placed at higher position.
- Candidate who has more number of correct responses shall be placed at higher position.
- Date of birth of the candidate will be taken into consideration. Older Candidates will be placed at a better merit position.
Candidates who will Qualify the DNB PDCET 2019 exam and fulfill the eligibility criteria for admission to DNB (Post Diploma) courses at various NBE accredited Medical Colleges/ Institutions/ Hospitals in India will participate in the counseling based on merit cum choice basis.
- PDCET is a ranking examination for entry to various post diploma DNB courses.
- Online Registration & Scheduling for the examination must be completed on or before schedule date.
- Applications of candidates producing false information will be rejected and candidates may further be debarred from appearing in any future examinations conducted by NBE.
- Candidates are advised to go through the bulletin carefully. Queries related to eligibility and other issues will only be entertained if the information requested is not given in bulletin or on website http://www.natboard.edu.in
- Incomplete applications will not be considered valid and are liable to be rejected. The examination fee will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Fee will neither be carried forward to a future date nor refunded under any circumstances. Application once submitted cannot be withdrawn in any case.
- NBE reserves the right to withdraw permission, if any, granted inadvertently to any candidate who is not eligible to appear in the DNB-PDCET even though the admit card/roll number has been issued or name/roll number is displayed on NBE website.
- Absentees from the examination will forfeit their examination fee.
Official Website: www.natboard.edu.in
For more details about DNB PDCET 2019 – Download Information Broucher.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.