With JEE Main 2018 round the corner, students are gearing up for one of the prestigious examinations held in the country for entry to India’s premier and finest engineering colleges. Just a few days are left for JEE (Main) and the JEE Main 2018 Admit Card has been released on March 12, 2018. Every student must be gearing up their revision in these 15 days, however, at the time of the exam there are certain rules which are to be followed and you must be aware of them. For example, you have to carry the print out of the JEE Main Admit Card on the day of the exam. Likewise, there are other necessary documents to be carried with JEE Main admit card. Here we have given a complete list of such documents and items on this page.
Latest – CBSE to release answer key of JEE Main 2018 on April 24, 2018 and then announce JEE Main 2018 Result on April 30, 2018.
What Are The Documents To Carry On The Day Of The Exam?
Here is the list of documents which you must carry on the day of JEE Main 2018:
- A print out of the JEE Main 2018 Admit Card
- Any one of the following Photo ID proof:
- Voter ID Card
- Aadhar Card
- Voter ID
- College ID
- Bank Passbook with photo
- A PwD certificate if claiming relaxation under PwD category.
Other Items which you can carry inside the exam center are as follows:
- Blue/ Black ball point pen if appearing for the Offline examination. The candidates appearing for Computer based test will receive pen at the exam center only.
- A Clipboard for writing the exam but nothing should be written on the clipboard.
- Geometry box set, pencils, erasers and color pencils or crayons for candidates appearing for Aptitude Test in Architecture.
What Are The Items/ Documents Which You Should Not Bring To The Exam Center
Now that you know what all documents/ items you can bring to the exam center, let us now see the list of documents/ items which prohibited/ not allowed inside the examination hall.
- Baggage/ Purse/ Handbag, etc
- Jewellery – earrings, lockets etc
- Do not wear Jeans which requires belt, as last year students were asked to remove the Belt.
- Mobile Phone
- Log Table
- Digital Watch
- Slide Rules
- Any textual material
- Bits of paper
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Should I take a color print out or black and white print out of the JEE Main 2018 Admit Card? In which paper should I take print out of the JEE Main Admit Card?
A. You can take the print out on any normal printer paper. Their is no such implication, however, the print out should be clear and the details should be visible on it.
Q. My Father’s Name in the Application Form is different from the one in my JEE Main Admit Card? Is this fine or should I report this issue?
A. The details printed on the JEE Main Admit Card must be as per the information given by you in the Application Form. If any detail differs or there is any error, contact the JEE Main or CBSE Authorities immediately regarding this.
Q. Is this correct that the candidates appearing for JEE Main 2018 Online based test doesn’t have to bring any pen?
A. Yes, such candidates need not require to bring any pen for the exam. The invigilator will provide them with the rough sheet and pen for the exam at the center only. You can bring the clipboard if you wish to.