The Dravidian University was established by the Government of Andhra Pradesh through a Legislature Act (No.17 of 1997) at Kuppam, a tri-lingual junction in the south-western part of Andhra Pradesh with the initial support extended by the governments of Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Kerala for an integrated development of Dravidian languages, literatures thus paving way for cultural and emotional integration of all the regions that carry forward the ancient historical torch of the nation. DUCET provides admission in various courses. Applications both online and offline are invited for admission into UG / PG / Diploma / Certificate courses through Common Entrance Test (DUCET-2018). Candidates appearing for the final year UG can also apply. There is no entrance test for UG / Diploma / Certificate courses. Application process for UG / PG regular course 2018-19 is going on candidates can apply for it from the link given on this page.
Dravidian University Distance Education Admission 2018-2019
Admission to the various Under Graduate, Post Graduate, Certificate course and Diploma Courses for the academic session 2018 application form process is open candidates can apply for the same and application form is also available at the official website i.e. www.dravidianuniversity.ac.in or through the direct link, which is given below candidates can apply for different courses on or before the last date.
DUCET provides admission in different courses on two basis first one is:
1.Students who already appeared in other universities or want to appear in university.
2.These students can apply only for the UG courses B.A, B.Com.
3.To confirm student admission he/she needs to qualify entrance test which held by Dravidian University or any other.
Application for entrance examination for admission into various courses during 2018-19 is going on candidates can apply for the same from the link below. A separate application is required for each course.
Candidates are required to pay the prescribed entrance examination fees of Rs. 350/- (for General/BC Candidates) and Rs.250/- (for SC/ST/Differently Abled candidates) in the form of Demand Draft drawn in favour of the Registrar, Dravidian University, Kuppam payable at Andhra Bank, Dravidian University Branch, Kuppam (Code 0001539) and for online registration candidate need to pay a sum of Rs. 450/-.
Programme of Study (Regular)
Programme of Study (Self-Financing)
The following eligibility criteria may please be noted carefully while admitting the UG students into various courses of study:
- For admission into B.Sc., Computer Science combinations, Candidates should have studied Mathematics at the qualifying examination.
- For admission into B.Sc., Degree Course with Biology/Zoology/Biochemistry Sericulture/ Chemistry/Microbiology/Bio-Technology as one of the subjects under Part-II candidates should have passed Biology, Physics and Chemistry in the qualifying examination.
- For admission into B.Com., Degree course, priority should be given to the students who passed Commerce/Arts subjects in the qualifying examination, though all are eligible.
- For admission into B.A., Degree course, priority should be given to the students who passed Arts subjects in the qualifying examination, though all are eligible.
- For admission into BBM., Degree Course, priority should be given to the students who passed Commerce subject in the qualifying examination, though all are eligible.
As per merit in the entrance examination except the following:
- B.Ed.: EdCET, TPT: LPCET, MCA/MBA: ICET
Note: There is no Entrance Test for U.G., Certificate, Diploma & P.G. Diploma Courses
** Common Entrance Test : Group-1
*** Common Entrance Test : Group-2
Choice Based Credit System (CBCS)
All the Under Graduate/Post Graduate Programmes of the Dravidian University are offered under Choice Based Credit System (CBCS).
The structure of Post Graduate Programme consists of:
- Core Courses-compulsory.
- Internal Elective courses – open for the students of the particular programme in which they are admitted.
- External Elective course – Open for the students from the other departments.
- Soft Skills- Open for the students from the other departments.
Click here to view/download the Dravidian University Distance Education (DDE) Prospectus.