The Dravidian University was established by the Government of Andhra Pradesh through a Legislature Act (No.17 of 1997) at Kuppam, a tri-lingual junction in the south-western part of Andhra Pradesh with the initial support extended by the governments of Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Kerala for an integrated development of Dravidian languages, literatures thus paving way for cultural and emotional integration of all the regions that carry forward the ancient historical torch of the nation.
Dravidian University Distance Education Admission 2017-2018
Candidates who are seeking admission to the various Under Graduate, Post Graduate, Certificate course and Diploma Courses for the academic session 2017 should fill and submit the application form from the official website www.dravidianuniversity.ac.in or through the direct link, which is given below on or before the last date.
Schedule for Dravidian University Distance Education Admission for admitting students in PG Courses is given here.
|Issue of Applications from||03 Apr 2017|
|Last Date for Receipt of Filled in Applications||15 May 2017|
|With a late fee of Rs. 50/-||16 May to 30 May 2017|
|Last Date for submission of filled in applications||31 May 2017|
|Common Entrance Test for PG Admissions (DUCET)||05 Jun 2017|
Application for entrance examination for admission into various courses during 2017-18 is to be submitted in the prescribed form. A separate application is required for each course.
Candidates are required to pay the prescribed entrance examination fees of Rs. 300/- (for General/BC Candidates) and Rs.200/- (for SC/ST/Differently Abled candidates) in the form of Demand Draft drawn in favour of the Registrar, Dravidian University, Kuppam payable at Andhra Bank, Dravidian University Branch, Kuppam (Code 0001539).
Programme of Study (Regular)
Programme of Study (Self-Financing)
The following eligibility criteria may please be noted carefully while admitting the UG students into various courses of study:
- For admission into B.Sc., Computer Science combinations, Candidates should have studied Mathematics at the qualifying examination.
- For admission into B.Sc., Degree Course with Biology/Zoology/Biochemistry Sericulture/ Chemistry/Microbiology/Bio-Technology as one of the subjects under Part-II candidates should have passed Biology, Physics and Chemistry in the qualifying examination.
- For admission into B.Com., Degree course, priority should be given to the students who passed Commerce/Arts subjects in the qualifying examination, though all are eligible.
- For admission into B.A., Degree course, priority should be given to the students who passed Arts subjects in the qualifying examination, though all are eligible.
- For admission into BBM., Degree Course, priority should be given to the students who passed Commerce subject in the qualifying examination, though all are eligible.
As per merit in the entrance examination except the following:
- B.Ed.: EdCET, TPT: LPCET, MCA/MBA: ICET
Note: There is no Entrance Test for U.G., Certificate, Diploma & P.G. Diploma Courses
** Common Entrance Test : Group-1
*** Common Entrance Test : Group-2
Choice Based Credit System (CBCS)
All the Under Graduate/Post Graduate Programmes of the Dravidian University are offered under Choice Based Credit System (CBCS).
The structure of Post Graduate Programme consists of:
- Core Courses-compulsory.
- Internal Elective courses – open for the students of the particular programme in which they are admitted.
- External Elective course – Open for the students from the other departments.
- Soft Skills- Open for the students from the other departments.
Click here to view/download the Dravidian University Distance Education (DDE) Prospectus.