DTE Kerala B.Tech Evening Course Admission 2018 – Directorate of Technical Education has released the application form for the eligible candidates for admission into Evening (Formerly Part-time) Degree Courses which is offered in selected Engineering Colleges of the State for students possessing Diploma to acquire Bachelor Degree in Engineering for the academic year 2018-2019. Check all the details like Application process, Eligibility criteria, fee structure etc on this page below.
DTE Kerala B.Tech Evening Course Admission 2018
Interested and Eligible candidates were able to apply online only. Application form for B.Tech course was available here as per schedule. The B.Tech Course extends over a period of four academic years. The classes will be conducted normally in the evening on all working days and on holidays, if necessary, in accordance with the syllabi of the APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University.
Schedule for the DTE Kerala B.Tech Evening Course Admission 2018 is given below.
|Downloading Prospectus and Application Form||26 Jun 2018|
|Last date for submission of online application||07 Jul 2018|
|Last date of receipt of duly filled Application form||10 Jul 2018|
|Rank List & Waiting List Publishing||13 Jul 2018|
|Admission||18 & 19 Jul 2018|
|Vacancy Position Publishing||20 Jul 2018|
|Admission from waiting list||23 Jul 2018|
|Commencement of Classes||01 Aug 2018|
DTE Kerala has started issuing the Allotment lists for admission to B.Tech. evening Admission. The List contains branch wise seats allotted to the candidates. Allotment list can be checked from the official website, A direct link to check the same is also provided below, candidates must check the seat allotment lists to check their allotted
Seat Allotment: Click here to check the first Allotment list for BTech (Evening) degree course.
Application Form 2018
The prospectus and the application form can be downloaded from the sites: www.dtekerala.gov.in or www.cet.ac.in. The print out of the filled up application form along with a Demand Draft of Rs. 600/- (Preferably from SBI) drawn in favour of the Principal, College of Engineering Trivandrum, Thiruvananthapuram payable at Thiruvananthapuram from any nationalized bank (For SC/ST category, the corresponding amount will be Rs. 300/- only) should be sent to The Principal, B.Tech (Evening) Courses, College of Engineering, Thiruvananthapuram – 695016, Money orders, Cheques etc. will not be accepted.
Apply Online: Click Here to apply online for DTE Kerala B.Tech Evening Course Admission 2018.
Steps for Online Application
- Click on Apply Online button
- After filling the Basic Details, Click on Proceed Button
- Login using Application Number and Password
- Click on Finalize and Submit Button
- Take the Printout, attach necessary documents, DD and send it to:
B.Tech(Evening) Degree Courses
College of Engineering Trivandrum-695016
- Diploma Certificate.
- Mark List of final year Diploma Examination.
- Present professional employment certificate.
- Experience Certificate.
- Community Certificate and /or annual family income certificate for the SEBC/SC/ST candidates.
- a copy of the “Incorporation Certificate” issued by the Registrar of Companies duly attested by the Head of the Establishment should be attached.
- Service Certificate.
- Candidates shall be Indian Nationals employed in Kerala State.
- Candidates shall have passed Diploma in Engineering / Technology awarded by the State Board of Technical Education or equivalent.
- Candidates should be permanent technical / professional employment at the time of applying. As on 1st April of the corresponding year they should have at least one year of technical / professional experience after passing the Diploma Examination in any of the following type of establishments:
- Government Organizations
- Quasi- Government Organizations
- Industrial firms duly registered under Co-operative Society’s Act
- Public or Private Limited companies registered under Companies Act.
- Private-Aided Polytechnics and Private-Aided and un-aided Engineering Colleges in the state.
- Employment for a period less than 6 months will not be reckoned for experience.
- One year Apprenticeship Training under Apprenticeship Act will be taken in lieu of experience on production of Certificate issued by the head of the organization.
- In the absence of eligible professionally employed candidates with minimum one year of experience as on July 01, 2018, application from those who are having lesser experience / non-professional experience also be considered. No weightage of marks for experience will be awarded to such candidates. A separate rank list will be published for them and the admission from that rank list will be considered only after the admission of professionally employed eligible candidates.
Reservation of Seats
- Ezhava – 9%
- Muslim – 8%
- Latin Catholic other than Anglo Indian – 2%
- Other Backward Christian – 1%
- Other Backward Hindu – 5%
- Schedule Castes – 8%
- Scheduled Tribe – 2%
Within the sanctioned seats in each institution, one seat is reserved for candidate under sports quota. Candidates who claim reservation under sports quota must attach a certificate of eligibility issued by the Kerala Sports Council as per the guidelines published by them along with the application for selection under this quota.
Selection of candidates will be made by the Principal, College of Engineering Trivandrum, Thiruvananthapuram.
A rank list based on an index mark will be prepared and published at the websites: www.dtekerala.gov.in and www.cet.ac.in.
The index mark is calculated as the sum of the aggregate percentage of marks obtained in all the semesters/years in the Diploma Examination and marks for the qualifying period of experience calculated as 2 marks per year. Maximum marks awarded towards experience will be limited to 10. The date of issue of final year/ final semester mark list will be considered for counting the qualifying experience.
In the case of those applicants who are not having minimum eligible professional experience OR those who have not attached the incorporation certificate of the company where they have worked / are working; aggregate percentage of marks obtained in the Diploma Examination will be taken as their index mark.
In the case of those who have passed Diploma in supplementary examination, minimum pass marks in the subject for which he/she had failed will be considered for arriving at the total marks.
In the case of tie in the index marks, candidates having higher age will be given preference.
|Admission Fee||Rs. 1000/- to be paid at the time of admission.|
|Tuition Fee||Rs. 12,500/- per Semester.|
|Special Fee||Rs. 3000/- per year.|
|Caution Deposit Pre-Matriculation||Rs. 2000/- to be paid at the time of admission (refundable).|
|Registration fee||as prescribed by the University.|
For more detail of DTE Kerala B.Tech Evening Course Admission 2018 – Download Information Brochure.