Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Kerala conducts Entrance Examination for admission in B.Tech Lateral Entry for the academic year 2020-21. This entrance exam also known as B.Tech Lateral Entry Entrance Examination and DTE Kerala LET 2020. The conducting body that is DTE KErala releases the Allotment Memo, Allotment List and Result for same. Interested candidates can check the same from the links given below. Candidates can check the complete details of DTE Kerala LET 2020 application process, eligibility criteria and other information on this page below.
Latest: CEE Kerala has released application form for B.Tech Lateral Entry. Click here to Apply.
DTE Kerala LET 2020
LET Admission will be based on a rank list prepared based on an entrance test.
Schedule for the DTE Kerala LET 2020 is given below.
|Last date of Apply the Form|
|Downloading of Hall Tickets from the website|
|Date of Examination|
|Publication of Result|
|Online filing of options|
|Downloading Score Cards from the website|
|Admission (1st allotment)|
13 Nov 2020
|Students get Admission in Allotted College||16 – 17 Nov 2020|
|Rearranging higher options|
|Admission (2nd allotment)|
DTE Kerala LET 2020 Notice
- Click here to download the above notice.
Earlier Notice –
DTE Kerala LET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- The admission will be subject to regulations prescribed in the prospectus and of the Universities concerned.
- Maximum age as on the last date of submission of application will be 30 Years.
- Non-Keralites are also eligible to apply but their admission will be restricted to the Private Self-Financing Institution and Non-Government seats in the Government controlled Self- Financing Institutions.
- Diploma candidates will be admitted only to the branch of Engineering as per the equivalency given in Annexure A.
- Candidates who have passed diploma in Engineering/ Technology awarded by any state board of Technical Education or Institutions under Govt. of India after undergoing regular course with at least 45% marks (42% in the case of candidates belonging to SEBC and OEC category and 40% in the case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category) are eligible for writing the entrance examination. All candidates should produce a certificate showing the duration of the course and the details of the certificate issuing authority properly authenticated by the head of institution concerned, in the space provided in the body of the application form.
- Candidates who have passed D.Voc (Vocational Diploma) stream in the same and allied sector in Engineering / Technology awarded by any state board of Technical Education or Institutions under Govt. of India with at least 45% marks (42% in the case of candidates belonging to SEBC and OEC category and 40% in the case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category) are eligible for writing the entrance examination. All candidates should produce a certificate showing the duration of the course and the details of the certificate issuing authority properly authenticated by the head of institution concerned, in the space provided in the body of the application form.
- Candidates who have passed B Sc degree with Mathematics as their main or subsidiary subject from a recognized university as defined by the UGC and with at least 45% marks (42% in the case of candidates belonging to SEBC and OEC category and 40% in the case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category) and passed 10+2 examination with Mathematics as a subject are also eligible for writing the entrance examination All candidates should produce a certificate showing the duration of the course and the detailsof the certificate issuing authority properly authenticated by the head of institution concerned, in the space provided in the body of the application form.
- Those who are appearing for the Final year of Diploma stream/D.Voc stream/B.Sc stream Examination and satisfying the above criteria are also eligible to apply, subject to the condition that they will produce the Qualifying Certificate (original or Provisional) at the time of admission.
- The students belonging to B.Sc stream shall clear the subject i) Engineering Graphics/ Engineering Drawing and ii) Engineering Mechanics of the First year Engineering programme along with the Second year Subjects.
- The students belonging to B.Sc stream shall be considered only after filling the supernumerary and the unfilled vacancies of the first year B.tech/BE in this Category with students belonging to the Diploma stream and D.Voc stream.
- All admission to Govt/ aided/ Govt controlled/ self financing engineering colleges will be as per the rank list prepared based on Entrance Examination conducted by The Joint Controller of Technical Examinations, Thiruvananthapuram vide Clause 9 of the prospectus.
- Candidate who have acquired/are acquiring the eligibility for qualifying from Board/University outside Kerala state should produce equivalency certificate from Directorate Technical Education/ Universities in Kerala. For diploma /D.Voc eligibility shall be from Directorate Technical Education and for Degree it shall be from any of the Universities in Kerala.
DTE Kerala LET Application Form 2020
DTE Kerala LET 2020 application form has been released at official website i.e. dtekerala.gov.in. Before applying for the DTE Kerala LET 2020, one must ensure the eligibility criteria carefully. The candidates must fill the application form in all respect carefully and check the same before submitting it. The incomplete application form shall not be considered and no correspondence shall be made in this regard.
Application fee is Rs.750/- for general candidates and Rs.375/- for SC/ST candidates, which can be paid in ‘SHAKTI ACCOUNT’ of THE JOINT CONTROLLER OF TECHNICAL EXAMINATION at any branch of State Bank of India.
DTE Kerala LET Admit card 2020
The exam conducting body will release the DTE Kerala LET Admit card at its official website i.e www.dtekerala.gov.in. The direct link to download admit card will also be provided here. Candidates should download admit card by entering the application form number. The admit card will contain the admit card number, photograph of the student, address of the examination center and examination date.
DTE Kerala LET Exam Centers 2020
Examination centers will be at Thiruvananthapuram, Kollam, Alappuzha, Pathanamthitta, Kottayam, Thodupuzha, Ernakulam, Thrissur, Palakkad, Tirur, Malappuram, Sulthan Bathery, Kozhikode, Kannur & Kasaragod.
DTE Kerala LET Syllabus 2020
DTE Kerala LET Exam Pattern 2020
Part A of the Entrance Test for Diploma and D.Voc stream candidates is for 120 marks and will be on following selected subjects of First year B.Tech course and English language.
- Mathematics-20 marks
- Engineering Mechanics -15 marks
- IT and Computer Science -15 marks
- Civil Engineering-15marks
- Mechanical Engineering -15 marks
- Electrical Engineering-15 marks
- Electronics and communication Engineering -15 marks
- English -10 marks
Part B of the Entrance Test for B.Sc stream candidates is for 120 marks and will be on following selected subjects of first year B.Tech course and English language
- Mathematics-40 marks
- Physics -30 marks
- Chemistry – 20 marks
- IT and Computer Science- 15 marks
- English -15 marks
DTE Kerala LET Result 2020
After the successful completion of exam , university has released the result on their official website. Candidate can check result from the website and here also. A fully computerized system has been adopted for the valuation of the answer scripts using Optical Mark Reader (OMR) system and for the results. The Rank list is prepared as per the criteria given in Annexure C. The marks secured by the Candidates will not be disclosed under any circumstances and any such enquiries will not be entertained. There is no provision for revaluation or rechecking of the answer scripts or recounting of the marks.
Resolution of tie for preparing the rank list for the Diploma/D.Voc stream
a) If there is any tie exists for same rank, candidates with higher score in Mathematics will be placed
in higher rank.
b) If tie still exists, candidates with higher score in English will be placed in higher rank.
c) If the tie further exists, age of the candidate will be taken into account and the older will be
placed in higher rank than the younger one.
Resolution of tie for preparing the rank list for B.Sc stream
a. If there is any tie exists for same rank, candidates with higher score in Mathematics will be placed
in higher rank.
b. If tie still exists, candidates with higher score in Physics will be placed in higher rank.
c. If the tie further exists, age of the candidate will be taken into account and the older will be
placed in higher rank than the younger one.
DTE Kerala LET Seat Allotment 2020
The candidates who will successfully get through all the verification rounds, will be called for seat allotment. For the allotment, the candidates will be called as per their rank. If the seat is vacant in the prefered course and campus, the seat will be allocated to the candidates. Candidates can check the login link provided here.
- The allotment of seats will be made by the Director of Technical Education, Kerala on the basis of the rank list published and availability of seats in the various categories through the website www.admissions.dtekerala.gov.in, according to the options given by the Candidates.
- Allotment Memo will be published in the website for download. No duplicate Memo will be issued in any case after allotment.
- Candidates who are eligible for allotment on the basis of the Rank List will have to enter their options online. After each allotment there will be provision for rearranging the options.
- Once the candidate gets an allotment, he/ she will have to join the particular institution and then only he/ she will be considered for further allotments. Otherwise his/ her candidature will be cancelled.
- Once the candidate gets an allotment, all the lower options will automatically be cancelled and reallotment will only be done for higher options. The candidate who got the higher option in subsequent allotment, the previous institution must issue TC and report of vacancy to the Directorate of Technical Education.
- If the candidate is satisfied with the allotment he/she gets in a particular allotment and if he/she does not want to be considered for further allotments, he/ she will have to cancel all the remaining options.
- The selection for admission will be provisional and subject to the verification of the original documents by the concerned Principals at the time of admission.
- Any other details not specifically covered by the clauses given in the prospectus will be decided by the undersigned and his/her decision will be final. He/ She is also empowered to cancel any admission found to be illegal subsequent to the admission.
- All disputes pertaining to the Examination or admission shall fall within the jurisdiction of the Honorable High Court of Kerala.
DTE Kerala LET Reservation of Seats 2020
- All seats under Lateral Entry scheme will be filled from the common rank list prepared by the Directorate of Technical Education for the LET Admission 2020.
- In Government Engineering Colleges all seats under Lateral Entry scheme will be allotted as Government seats
- 15% of seats under Lateral Entry are reserved as Management seats in Aided Engineering Colleges and remaining 85% will be allotted as Government seats.
- The availability of Government seats in Government controlled and other Private Self-Financing Engineering Colleges will be announced before the ensuing online admission.
- Communal reservation for candidate belonging to Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC) and SC/ST category will be followed as per Govt. norms. Detailed list of communities under these categories are included in Annexure D, E, F, F (a) and G.
- 5% Seats are reserved for physically disabled candidates. Candidates claiming reservation under physically disabled quota shall have a minimum of 40% disability. A disability Certificate from the District Medical Board has to be attached along with the application. Such candidates are also directed to produce a certificate obtained from a Medical officer not below the rank of Assistant surgeon to ensure the fitness of candidates to undergo the course at the time of admission.
- One seat each is reserved for Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, and Information Technology branch for defense quota. For claiming reservation in this quota, the certificate obtained from the concerned authority in the prescribed format (Annexure H) provided in the body of the application form is to be produced.
DTE Kerala LET Fee Structure 2020
Official Website: dtekerala.gov.in.
For more details about DTE Kerala LET 2020 – Download Information Brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.