Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Kerala conducts Entrance Examination for admission in B.Tech Lateral Entry for the academic year 2018-19. This entrance exam also known as B.Tech Lateral Entry Entrance Examination and DTE Kerala LET 2018. To admission in B.Tech LE 2018 candidates must fill an application form which has been released on the official website. Candidates can check the complete details of DTE Kerala LET 2018 application process, eligibility criteria and other information on this page below.
DTE Kerala LET 2018
LET Admission will be based on a rank list prepared based on an entrance test.
Schedule for the DTE Kerala LET 2018 is given below.
|Online Registration||14 Mar to 06 Apr 2018|
|Last date of receipt of downloaded application||10 Apr 2018|
|Downloading of Hall Tickets from the website||04 to 08 Jun 2018|
|Date of Examination||09 Jun 2018|
|Publication of Result||20 Jun 2018|
|Online filing of options||21 to 28 Jun 2018|
|Downloading Score Cards from the website||21 to 30 Jun 2018|
|1st Allotment||02 Jul 2018|
|Admission (1st allotment)||04 & 05 Jul 2018|
|Rearranging higher options||09 & 10 Jul 2018|
|2nd Allotment||13 Jul 2018|
|Admission (2nd allotment)||18 to 19 Jul 2018|
|Rearranging higher options||20 to 21 Jul 2018|
|3rd Allotment||26 Jul 2018|
|Admission (3rd allotment)||30 Jul 2018|
DTE Kerala LET Seat Allotment 2018
The candidates who will successfully get through all the verification rounds, will be called for seat allotment. For the allotment, the candidates will be called as per their rank. If the seat is vacant in the prefered course and campus, the seat will be allocated to the candidates. Candidates can check the login link provided below.
- Click here to check the B.Tech lateral entry spot admission allotment list.
- Click Here to check the First Allotment for Admission.
DTE Kerala LET Admission Procedure 2018
Online filling of options has been started for DTE Kerala LET 2018. Candidate can fill the option registration from the link provided below.
Option Registration: Click here for Option Registration for DTE Kerala LET Admission 2018.
DTE Kerala LET Result 2018
A fully computerized system has been adopted for the valuation of the answer scripts using optical mark reader (OMR) system and for the results. There is no provision for revaluation or recheck of the answer scripts or recounting of the marks.
Result: Click here to check DTE Kerala LET Result 2018.
The Rank List has been prepared with all the candidates in the order of marks secured in the entrance test, except those who secure Zero and negative marks. Candidates who secure a minimum of 15% marks in the entrance test alone will be eligible for allotment of seats in various Engineering Colleges for which allotment is made by Director of Technical Education, Kerala. If seats still remain vacant in this category even after spot allotment, Management shall be given permission to admit students from the common rank list themselves.
The marks secured by the candidates are not be disclosed under any circumstances and any such inquiries will not be entertained.
DTE Kerala LET 2018 application form has been released at official website i.e. www.dtekerala.gov.in. Before applying for the DTE Kerala LET 2018, one must ensure the eligibility criteria carefully. The candidates must fill the application form in all respect carefully and check the same before submitting it. The incomplete application form shall not be considered and no correspondence shall be made in this regard.
- All admission will be as per the rank list prepared based on an objective type test conducted by the Joint Controller of Technical Examinations, Thiruvananthapuram.
- The admission will be subject to regulations of the Universities concerned.
- Maximum age as on the last date of submission of application will be 30 Years.
- Non-Keralites are also eligible to apply but their admission will be restricted to the Private Self-Financing institution and Non-Government seats in the Government controlled Self-Financing institutions.
- Candidates will be admitted only to the branch of Engineering as per the equivalency.
For Writing the Entrance Test
- Candidates who have passed Diploma in Engineering/ Technology awarded by the State Board of Technical Education, or Institutions under Govt. of India after undergoing a regular course of 3 years in an approved institution are eligible for writing the Entrance Test. All candidates should produce a certificate showing the duration of the course and the details of the certificate issuing authority properly authenticated by the head of the institution concerned, in the space provided in the body of the application form.
- Those who are appearing for the final year Diploma Examination are also eligible to apply subject to the condition that they will produce the Qualifying Certificate (Original or Provisional) at the time of Admission.
DTE Kerala LET Admit card 2018
The exam conducting body will release the DTE Kerala LET Admit card at its official website i.e www.dtekerala.gov.in. The direct link to download admit card will also be provided here. Candidates should download admit card by entering the application form number. The admit card will contain the admit card number, photograph of the student, address of the examination center and examination date.
How to download
- Visit the official website or click on the above link.
- Candidates are required to log in by entering their Username & Password as allotted during the online application process.
- Then click on submit button to view admit card.
Examination centers will be at Thiruvananthapuram, Kollam, Alappuzha, Pathanamthitta, Kottayam, Thodupuzha, Ernakulam, Thrissur, Palakkad, Tirur, Malappuram, Sulthan Bathery, Kozhikode, Kannur & Kasaragod.
DTE Kerala LET Entrance Examination
A State level OMR based objective type Entrance Test for the duration of 2 hours will be conducted by the Joint Controller of Technical Examinations, Kaimanam, Thiruvananthapuram for the selection.
The Entrance Test will be on following selected subjects of first-year B.Tech course and English language as per the scheme and syllabus approved by Government.
- Engineering Mechanics
- IT and Computer Science
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
3 marks for each correct answers & 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer. Marking of more than one bubble against a question will be considered as a wrong answer. Erasing, overwriting, partial marking etc may also be treated as an incorrect answer. No deduction of the mark will be made for unanswered questions.
Reservation of Seats
- All seats under Lateral Entry scheme in Government Engineering Colleges will be allotted as Government seats.
- The availability of Government seats in Government Controlled and other Private Self-Financing Engineering Colleges will be announced before the ensuing online admission.
- 15% of seats under Lateral Entry are reserved as Management seats in Aided Engineering Colleges and remaining 85% will be allotted as Government seats.
- Communal reservation for candidate belonging to Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC) and SC/ST category will be followed as per usual norms
- 3% seats are reserved for physically disabled candidates. Candidates claiming reservation under physically disabled quota shall have a minimum of 40% disability. A disability Certificate from the District Medical Board has to be attached along with the application. Such candidates are also directed to produce a certificate obtained from a Medical officer not below the rank of the Assistant surgeon to ensure the fitness of candidates to undergo the course.
- One seat each is reserved for Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, and Information Technology branch for defense quota. For claiming reservation in this quota, the certificate obtained in the prescribed format provided in the body of the application form.
Official Website: www.dtekerala.gov.in.
For more details about DTE Kerala LET 2018 – Download Prospectus.
DTE Kerala LET 2017
Seat Allotment 2017
DTE Kerala has released 1st,2nd, 3rd & Spot round Seat Allotment on the official website. Candidates can check the Allotment & Last Rank details through the link provided below.
DTE Kerala LET Result 2017
The exam conducting body has declared the DTE Kerala LET Rank List 2017, Which can be checked through the direct links provided below.
DTE Kerala LET Final Answer Key 2017
The exam conducting body has published the DTE Kerala LET Final Answer key at its official website. Same can also be checked through the direct link provided below.
DTE Kerala LET 2016
DTE Kerala LET Allotment List 2016
DTE Kerala LET has released a list of allotted candidates for admission in B.Tech Lateral Entry 2016 after the declaration of result. Candidates can check the list of allotted candidates on the official website of DTE Kerala or by the direct link given below.
DTE Kerala LET Admission Procedure 2016
Online filling of options has been started for DTE Kerala LET 2016. Candidate can fill the option registration from the link provided below.
- Online filling process is over…!!
DTE Kerala LET Result 2016
Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Kerala had conducted the Entrance Examination to admission in B.Tech Lateral Entry for the academic year 2016-17. Now the Result for the same has been declared. Same is also provided below for the sake of candidates.
LET Top 10 Candidates
DTE Kerala LET Final Answer Key 2016
The undersigned has received complaints about the following questions. (Qn. Nos: 36, 63, 67, 68, 74, 107 & 113). After verification, the Scrutiny Board, decided to approve the final key without any alteration. The final answer key is appended.