Maharashtra Post SSC Diploma (Polytechnic) in Engineering / Technology 2017 – DTE Maharashtra has released notification for admission to the 1-Year of Post SSC Diploma (Polytechnic) in Engineering / Technology in Government, Government Aided and Unaided Private Professional Educational Institutions for the academic year 2017-18 in Maharashtra State. The complete detail of DTE Maharashtra Architecture Admission 2017 such as application form, eligibility criteria, selection process etc. are given below.
Latest – Provisional Vacancy for CAP Round 3 is available now. Check it below.
Maharashtra Post SSC Diploma (Polytechnic) in Engineering / Technology 2017
The Directorate of Technical Education, Mumbai is the competent authority for admission to First Year of Post SSC Diploma (Polytechnic) in Engineering / Technology for the academic year 2017-2018. The Competent Authority, the Commissioner of State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra State, shall be the authority for Centralised Admission Process and shall direct the students as per their allotment through CAP to all Government, Government Aided and Unaided Private Professional Educational Institutions.
Centralised Admission Process (CAP)
The Unaided Private Professional Educational Institution admit Candidates through the Centralised Admission Process (CAP) as referred in sub-section (3) of section 3 of the Act. The Government, Non-Government Aided/ Unaided institutions shall admit the candidates allotted through CAP. The stages of CAP is as stated below.
- Display or Publishing of Information Brochure by the Competent Authority. This is published on the website of the Competent Authority and the hard copy is also provided to candidates at the time of purchasing the Application Kit for Admission.
- Filling Online Application Form by Candidate for participation in the Centralised Admission Process.
To Check Provisional Allotment Status of CAP Round 2 – Click here
To Check Provisional Vacancy Position of CAP Round 3 – Click Here
Allotment of seats under CAP is made in the following manner
Maharashtra State Candidature Candidate – The stages of computerised allotment are as follows,-
Stage –I: For all the Candidates
- All the Candidates (Technical, Non-Technical, Open, Reserved, Male, Female) belonging to various categories shall be considered for allotment of seats as per their Inter-Se-Merit.
- Backward Class Category Candidates shall be considered for allotment in Open Category seat by virtue of their Inter-se-Merit or in their respective Category of reservation, if Open Category seats are not available at their merit.
- SBC Category Candidates shall be considered for allotment in Open Category by virtue of their merit and in case of SBC Candidates who were in Backward Class prior to their inclusion in SBC Category shall be considered in their original Backward Class Category.
- Persons with Disability Category Candidates shall be considered for allotment for the seats reserved for them otherwise in Open Category as per their Inter-Se-Merit if the seats reserved for them are not available at their merit.
- Defence Category Candidates are considered for allotment for the seats reserved for them by virtue of their merit or in Open Category as per their Inter-Se-Merit if the seats reserved for them are not available at their merit.
- For the Candidates with Technical or Vocational subjects in qualifying examination, the seat availability is checked in the following order –
- Seats for Technical Candidates in Open Category;
- Seats for Technical Candidates in respective reserved Category;
- Seats for general Candidates (for both Technical and Non-technical) in Open Category;
- Seats for general Candidates (for both Technical and Non-Technical) in the respective reserved Category.
Stage II – For Allotment of seats reserved for Female to Male Candidates : If the seat remains vacant after allotment to Female Candidates of the Backward Class Category or Open Category, such seat shall be allotted to the Male Candidates belonging to respective Backward Class or Open Category.
Stage III – For SBC Category Candidates : If the Backward Class Category seat remains vacant, such seat shall be considered for allotment to the Candidates of SBC Category, limited to the extent of 2% seats.
Stage IV – For respective groups of Backward Class Category Candidates – If the seat remains vacant in the respective group of following Categories, such seat shall be considered for allotment to the Candidates of within the respective group –
- Group 1 : (i) Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Castes converted to Buddhism (SC), (ii) Scheduled Tribes including those living outside the specified areas (ST).
- Group 2 : (i) Vimukta Jatis/De- Notified Tribes (VJ/DT) NT(A), (ii)Nomadic Tribes 1 (NT-B).
- Group 3 : (i) Nomadic Tribes 2 (NT-C), (ii) Nomadic Tribes 3 (NT-D), (iii) Other Backward Class (OBC).
Explanation : For Group 1, if the seats remain vacant in ST Category due to non-availability of its Candidates, such seat shall be considered for allotment to the Candidate belonging to the SC Category or vice versa.
Stage V: For all Backward Class Category Candidates : If the seat reserved for Backward Class Category Candidate remains vacant, such seat shall be considered for allotment to the Candidate of any Backward Class Category.
Stage VI – For Persons with Disability Candidates : If the seat reserved for Persons with Disability remains vacant, such seat shall be considered for allotment to any Persons with Disability Candidates.
Stage VII – For all Candidates (without HD and OHD Seat Tag) : If the seat remains vacant after completion of Stage –VI, then for allotment of such vacant seat Stage-I, Stage-II, Stage-IV, Stage-V and Stage VI shall be executed by removing the HD and OHD Seat Tag.
Stage VIII – For all Candidates (without any type of Reservation) : The seats shall be considered for allotment to all the Candidates based on Inter-Se-Merit.
Allotment of seats by CAP Round I, II & III
- CAP Round I, II, and III shall be conducted by computerized allotment.
- If the seat remains vacant due to non-allotment and non-reporting, such seat will be considered for allotment in subsequent round.
- Every stage in CAP Round I, II and III shall be executed with HD and OHD tag and if the seats remain vacant then the same stage shall be executed without HD and OHD tag. If further seats remain vacant for any reason in rule 7(1) and 7(2) of these rules they shall be considered for allotment to all the candidates as per rule 5(1) and 5(2) irrespective of the seat type on the basis of Inter-Se-Merit.
Instruction to Candidates
- The List of the institutes identified as Facilitation Centers (FC) and Admission reporting Centers
(ARC) is available on the website.
- Candidates who do not want to change the options already filled in for CAP Round I or II, their already filled in & confirmed options will be considered for allotment in subsequent rounds.
- The Information Brochure shall also be available for download on website.
- The candidates are required to produce the documents in original for verification and Confirmation of Application Form at FC. Candidates are advised to keep the necessary documents ready at the time of Documents verification stage as per the notified schedule.
- The Seat Acceptance Fee shall be Rs. 3,000/- for Candidates of General Category, VJ/DT, NT, SBC/OBC Category and Rs. 1,000/- for SC, ST Category Candidates. The candidate has to pay the Seat Acceptance Fee during first reporting only. This fee shall be transferred to the institution after
deducting Rs. 1,000/- towards processing fee.
- The Seat Acceptance fees is to be paid at ARC through ONLINE MODE only.
- If candidates fail to confirm online filled application form at FC, then such applications will be rejected and name of such candidates will not appear in the merit list(s) prepared for the purpose of Admission for both CAP as well as Non-CAP process.
- All Backward Class candidates excluding SC & ST should produce Non Creamy Layer certificate valid up to 31stMarch 2018 at the time of verification of documents at FC, if these candidates are not able to produce the Non Creamy Layer certificate, then such candidates will be treated as GENERAL category candidates and such candidates will not be able to claim Reserved seats under the admission process.
- Application received after the last date from candidates belonging to J & K Migrant candidates will be summarily rejected and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard. J & K Migrant Candidates will get the Receipt-cum-Acknowledgement through their login after confirmation of application form.
- Candidates who have purchased application kit as a reserved category candidate but unable to produce Caste/Tribe certificate for reservation claim during documents verification phase, shall have to pay difference amount of fees of 100/- at the FC in cash.
Provisional Merit List for Post SSC Diploma admission has been released by DTE Maharashtra. Candidates can check the Merit List list from the official website OR through the link provided below by entering their Application ID and Date of birth and then clicking ‘Submit’ button.
Preparation of Merit List
Assignment of merit number – All the eligible Candidates who have submitted Application Form on or before the last date specified for the submission of Application Form for Admission through CAP is assigned a merit number.
Change of Marks due to verification – If the marks in the qualifying examination are modified due to verification and the same is duly certified by the concerned Competent Authority or respective HSC or SSC Board, the same is reported to the Competent Authority for admission through CAP or its designated representatives immediately. However the effect of such change is taken into consideration only for the subsequent round (s) of admission.
Method of calculating marks at qualifying examination for deciding eligibility – While deciding the eligibility of the Candidates following procedure shall be adopted –
- The percentage of marks are calculated by rounding off to two places after decimal.
- If letter grades are assigned at SSC, HSC or its equivalent examination, the Candidate must submit the certificate of conversion of letter grades into equivalent marks from the concerned Competent Authority or Board at the time of submission of Application Form. The eligibility is decided on the basis of equivalent marks.
- If the Candidate reappears for the qualifying examination with all subjects then the marks obtained in the latest examination is only be considered.
Application Form 2017
The candidates are required to purchase the Application Kit with information brochure from the nearest Facilitation Centre by paying fees as given below.
OCI / PIO candidates shall pay the required fees mentioned bleow only by Credit Card / Debit Card / Net Banking etc through online mode.
- General Category – Rs. 400/-
- Reserved Category – Rs. 200/-
Maharashtra State/ All India /Jammu & Kashmir Migrant /Children of Indian workers in Gulf Countries (CIWGC) Candidates
- The candidate should be an Indian National.
- Passed Secondary School Certificate (SSC) or its equivalent, with at least 35% aggregate marks.
OCI / PIO Candidates
Candidates should have passed Secondary School Certificate (SSC) or its equivalent with at least 35% aggregate marks.