Delhi Technological University offers admission into B.Des course for the academic year 2019 – 20. The application form for DTU B.Des Admission 2019 is going to be available from June 08, 2019, and the last date for online registration is June 30, 2019, till 12:00 pm midnight. The selection for admission to four years Bachelor of Design programme is on the basis of UCEED 2019 Score. Applicant should be passed qualifying examination from any stream are eligible for applying in B.Des course. The number of seats in the B.Des programme is 60. Interest candidates can read this article for admission in B.Des course for the academic year 2019 – 20.
DTU B.Des Admission 2019
Candidates who have appeared at the annual examination in the year 2019 and have been placed in the compartment are not eligible for admission in the programme. Candidates who have a valid score in UCEED 2019 are eligible to take part in the admission process. Aspirants are requested to read the brochure carefully before filling the application form. Candidates can check the schedule for DTU M.Des Admission 2019 from below table.
|Availability of Notification in newspapers||05 Jun 2019|
|Opening of a web portal for online registration||08 Jun 2019 (10:00 am Onwards)|
|Last date for online registration||30 Jun 2019 (Up to 12:00 pm midnight)|
|Merit list of candidates for first-round admission and waitlist on DTU website||04 Jul 2019|
|First Round of admission at DTU||08 Jul 2019|
|Display of vacant seats for Second round on the DTU website||11 Jul 2019|
|Second Round of admission at DTU||15 Jul 2019|
|Display of vacant seats for Third round on the DTU website||22 Jul 2019|
|Third round of admission also the last date of admission at DTU||30 Jul 2019|
|Display of vacant seats for Spot round on the DTU website||06 Aug 2019|
|Spot round of admission at DTU||14 Aug 2019|
Duration of Course: 4 Year
Candidates should pass the qualifying examination from any stream like Science, Commerce and Arts & Humanities are eligible for admission.
- Senior School Certificate Examination (12- year course) of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi.
- Indian School Certificate Examination (12- year course) of the Council for Indian School Certificate Examination, New Delhi
- Any other examination recognized as equivalent to the Senior School Certificate Examination of CBSE.
- The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by a central or State Board recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (www.aiuweb.org).
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a Board of University recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
- Final examination of the Two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- Senior Secondary School examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School, Board or University examination in India or a foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- H.S.C vocational examination.
- A Diploma recognized by the All India Council for Technical Education (www.aicte-india.org) a State Board of Technical Education of at least 3 years duration.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London, Cambridge or Sri-Lanka) at the Advance Level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate office, Geneva.
- Candidates who have completed Class XII (or equivalent) examination outside India or from a Board not specified above should produce a certificate from the Association of Indian Universities to the effect that the examination they have passed at least one public examination (Board or Pre-University).
Note: If the centre of examination is located in the N.C.T of Delhi, the aspirant shall be considered under the Delhi Region and if the centre of examination is located outside N.C.T of Delhi, he/ she shall be considered under the Outside Delhi Region.
The application form for B.Des course will be available in online mode at www.dtu.ac.in. Candidates need to register first and then allow to fill the online form. Candidates have to take print out of filled application form after paying the application fee online. Candidates are requested to ensure the eligibility criteria before filling the form. The incomplete application form will be rejected by the university, and no communication will be entertained in this regard.
Candidates have to pay the non-refundable application fee through credit/ debit card/ net banking at the time of registration and choice filling.
- For General Category: Rs. 1000/-
- For SC/ ST PWD Categories: Rs. 500/-
The merit list for admission in B.Des course will be publish on the official website and department notice boards. Merit list for admission will be prepared on the basis of UCEED 2019 Score. Candidates are advised to check the official website or stay with us for latest regarding the B.Des Admission 2019.
- If two or more applicant has equal UCEED score, then the applicant having higher aggregate marks in 12the will be ranked higher.
- If the tie still persists, then candidate elder in age will be ranked higher.
The selection procedure for admission in DTU B.Des course is based on the valid score of UCEED 2019.
Delhi Region: 85% of seats are reserved for candidates who have passed the qualifying examination from a recognized school/ College/ Institute located within the National Capital Territory (NCT) of Delhi will be considered for Delhi Region only.
Outside Delhi Region: 15% of seats are reserved for candidates who have passed the qualifying examination from a recognized school/ College/ Institute located outside the National Capital Territory (NCT) of Delhi will be considered for Outside Delhi Region only.
After the display of merit list, selected candidates will be invited for the counselling process. In case some seats remain unfilled then second round/ subsequent rounds of counselling may be conducted. At the time of admission, candidates have to produce the relevant documents for verification. The selected candidates in every round of admission shall deposit the requisite fee as per the given schedule through DD.
- Scheduled Caste: 15% of the total seats are reserved for SC candidates.
- Scheduled Tribe: 7.5% of the total seats are reserved for ST candidates.
- Other Backward Class (OBC-NCL): 27% of the total seats are reserved for other Backward class (Non-Creamy layer) candidates. Please refers to delhi governments list for OBC.
Note: Detailed information regarding the reservation policy, check the information brochure which is attached below in this article.
The total numbers of seats for admission in B.Des programme are 60. In below image categories wise seats are mentioned.
The annual fee of the B.Des programme is deposited by candidates at the time of admission through DD in favour of the “Register Delhi Technology University payable at New Delhi”. Candidates must note that the admission fee should be paid in single instalment failing which the admission offer will be withdrawn immediately.
Note: If the admission fee is not paid within the stipulated date then the admission offer will be withdrawn immediately and seat will be offered to the next eligible candidates.
Official website: www.dtu.ac.in
For more details regarding DTU B.Des Admission 2019, Download Information Brochure.