DTU B.Tech Lateral Entry Admission 2019 – Delhi Technical University offers B.Tech Lateral Entry Admission 2019 at DTU. B.Tech. Lateral Entry Programme is a continuation of technical expertise acquired after completing Diploma programmes and offers an opportunity to Diploma holders to obtain a B.Tech Degree in Engineering. Candidates can check the complete information of DTU B.Tech Lateral Entry Admission 2019 such as Application process, eligibility criteria, seat matrix and other information on this page below.
DTU B.Tech Lateral Entry Admission 2019
Interested and Eligible candidates who seek admission in B.Tech Lateral Entry can fill their application form from the official website www.dtu.ac.in. The duration of the Degree programme is 3 years as the candidate will be admitted directly in the second year of the regular B.Tech. Program.
Duration – The duration of the Degree programme is 3 years as the candidate will be admitted directly in the second year of the regular B. Tech. Program.
Schedule for DTU B.Tech Lateral Entry Admission 2019 is given below.
|Advertisement in newspaper||10 May 2019|
|Opening of Website for Online Registration||10 May 2019|
|Last Date for Online Registration||03 Jun 2019|
|Admit Card available online||08 Jun 2019|
|Date of Common Entrance Exam (CEE)||16 Jun 2019|
|Date of display of Merit List for all categories on website www.dtu.ac.in||18 Jun 2019|
|First round of counselling for all categories (reporting at DTU)||05 Jul 2019|
|Display of vacant seats for 2nd round of counselling at DTU website||15 Jul 2019|
|Second round of counselling for all categories (Last Date of Admission)||23 Jul 2019|
|Display of Vacant Seats (if available)||08 Aug 2019|
|Spot round admissions at DTU||14 Aug 2019|
Application Form 2019
Candidates can download and fill the application from the direct link provided below. Candidates are advised must ensure their eligibility and other conditions before filling the application form. The registration fee of Rs. 1000/- for Gen/OBC-NCL and Rs. 500/- for SC/ST/PWD, is to be paid online through credit / debit card / net-banking at the time of registration and choice filling. The registration shall not be complete without the payment of registration fee which is non-refundable and would not be adjusted towards any other fee. A convenience charge (online transaction) will be extra as per banking gateway on every online registration fee payment.
Apply Online: Click Here to apply online for DTU B.Tech Lateral Entry Admission 2019.
The candidates seeking admission to B. Tech. Lateral Entry Programmes must have passed a three-year diploma in any branch of Engineering awarded by any State Board of Technical Education / Diploma recognized by AICTE, Delhi with 60% marks or equivalent CGPA.
- Final years’ student who will be completing all the requirements of their qualifying examinations including back paper(s)/supplementary before the date of admission can also apply. Such candidates are required to submit a certificate as per Performa given in Annexure-I at the time of admission. Such candidates may be admitted provisionally but they will be required to produce the proof of having passed diploma with required percentage of marks latest by 30.09.2019, failing which their admission shall be cancelled and fees shall be forfeited.
- In the case of the grade awarded in terms of Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA), the percentage will be calculated by multiplying CGPA with the conversion formula provided by the concerned instructions. If the concerned instruction does not have its own conversion formula, then the equivalent percentage (%) will be calculated as per the formula given below.
Percentage of Marks = 10*CGPA
The admission to B.Tech. Programme through Lateral Entry shall be done by Delhi Technological University on the basis Performance in Written Examination.
|Date||Time||Duration||Mode Of Examination|
|16 Jul 2019||10:00 A.M||2 Hours||Written|
**Candidates are required to report in DTU with following documents:
a) Two copies of singed Admit Card (generated online)
b) A photo ID card (with a self-attested copy) issued by State/Central Govt./Any
other Govt. agency.
Marking Scheme – Every correct answer will be awarded four marks, and for every wrong answer one mark will be deducted.
The admission to B.Tech. Programme through Lateral Entry shall be done by Delhi Technological University on the basis on the merit list. The merit list will be prepared based on the performance of the candidate in the written/computer based entrance examination.
The candidates reporting for admission are required to bring the following documents in Original along with one set of self-attested copies.
- A duly signed printout of filled application form affixed in the appropriate place on the form.
- Copy of Admit Card duly signed by the Invigilator during CCE.
- All mark sheets and certificate of qualifying examination (Diploma).
- SC/ST/OBC/Persons with disability Certificate(s) whichever applicable, on the basis of which reservation is claimed. OBC candidates must produce necessary financial document to support their category
- Two good quality recent photographs
- Medical fitness certificate
- Bank Demand Draft of Rs. 1,66,000/- drawn in favour of Registrar, Delhi Technological University payable at New Delhi.
Delhi Technical University will release the provisional merit list for lateral entry admissions as per the schedule. The list will contain students from various categories who will be provisionally selected for lateral entry admissions to B.Tech programme for the session 2019-20. Merit list will be available on the official website, a direct link to check the same will also be provided below.
The seat matrix for B.Tech Lateral Entry Programme is mentioned here, candidates can check below for the same.
The fee structure for B.Tech Lateral Entry Programme is mentioned here, candidates can check below for the same.
For more details regarding DTU B.Tech Lateral Entry Admission, Download – Information Brochure.