DTU B.Tech Lateral Entry Admission 2018 – Delhi Technical University offers B.Tech Lateral Entry Admission 2018 at DTU. B.Tech. Lateral Entry Programme is a continuation of technical expertise acquired after completing Diploma programmes and offers an opportunity to Diploma holders to obtain B. Tech Degree in Engineering. Candidates can check the complete information of DTU B.Tech Lateral Entry Admission 2018 such as Application process, eligibility criteria, seat matrix and other information on this page below.
DTU B.Tech Lateral Entry Admission 2018
Interested and Eligible candidates who seek admission in B.Tech Lateral Entry can fill their application form from the official website www.dtu.ac.in. The duration of Degree programme is 3 years as the candidate will be admitted directly in the second year of the regular B. Tech. Program.
Duration – The duration of Degree programme is 3 years as the candidate will be admitted directly in the second year of the regular B. Tech. Program.
Schedule for DTU B.Tech Lateral Entry Admission 2018 is given below.
|Date of release of online application form||11 Jun 2018|
|Last date for submission of completed online application form||04 Jul 2018|
|Last date for receiving filled application form
at D.T.U (only for B.Tech Evening Programme)
|05 Jul 2018|
|Availability of Admit Card||10 Jul 2018|
|Date of Entrance Exam||14 Jul 2018|
|Declaration of merit list||17 Jul 2018|
|First Round Counselling for all categories||23 Jul 2018|
|Display of Vacant Seats for Second Round||25 Jul 2018|
|Second Round Counselling for all categories||27 Jul 2018|
|Display of Vacant Seats||06 Aug 2018|
|Spot Round admissions at DTU||14 Aug 2018|
- Click here to check the SPOT round details for B.Tech(Evening and LE)
- Click here for Registration Schedule.
- Click here to check the notice regarding Counselling Schedule for B.tech and B.tech(Lateral).
Delhi Technical University has released a provisional merit list for lateral entry admissions. The list contains students from various categories who are provisionally selected for lateral entry admissions to B.Tech programme for the session 2018-19. Merit list is available on the official; website a direct link to check the same is also provided below.
- Click here to check the B.Tech Lateral Entry programme upgraded admission list.
- Click here to check the provisional merit list for B.Tech LE programme.
Position of vacant seats Btech(Evening and Lateral)
The candidates seeking admission to B. Tech. Lateral Entry Programmes, must have passed a State Diploma Examination of three years duration in any branch or any other examination equivalent, recognized by the Delhi Technological University with a minimum aggregate (aggregate of all six semesters / three years) of 60% (50% for SC/ST and 55% for OBC candidate).
- Final years’ student who will be completing all the requirements of their qualifying examinations including back paper(s)/supplementary before the date of admission can also apply. Such candidates are required to submit a certificate as per Performa given in Annexure-I at the time of admission. Such candidates may be admitted provisionally but they will be required to produce the proof of having passed diploma with required percentage of marks latest by 30.09.2018, failing which their admission shall be cancelled and fees shall be forfeited.
- Passing the said examination” will be construed to imply the date of the last examination (Annual or otherwise taken by the candidate leading to Complete Fulfillment of the requirements for the award of three years State Board Diploma).
Age Limit – Applicant must be minimum 18 years and maximum 26 years of age on or before 01.10.18. Relaxation in the minimum age of 1 year only with the approval of Competent Authority is permissible (such candidate need to apply for relaxation only at the time of admission).
Application Form 2018
Candidates can download and fill the application from the direct link provided below. Candidates are advised must ensure their eligibility and other conditions before filling the application form. The registration fee of Rs. 1000/- for Gen/OBC and Rs. 500/- for SC/ST/PWD, is to be paid online through credit / debit card / net-banking at the time of registration and choice filling. The registration shall not be complete without the payment of registration fee which is non-refundable and would not be adjusted towards any other fee. A convenience charge (online transaction) will be extra as per banking gateway on every online registration fee payment.
Apply Online: Click Here to Apply online
The completed form may be submitted on or before the last date of the application at the given address through speed post/ by hand or registered post.
The admission to B.Tech. Programme through Lateral Entry shall be done by Delhi Technological University on the basis Performance in Written Examination.
|Date||Time||Duration||Mode Of Examination|
|14 Jul 2018||09:00 A.M||2 Hours||Written/Computer-based|
Note – The mode of examination will be either written or computer-based test. In case of the computer-based test, the candidate will be given a demo test before actual examination.
**Candidates are required to report in DTU with following documents:
a) Two copies of singed Admit Card (generated online)
b) A photo ID card (with a self-attested copy) issued by State/Central Govt./Any
other Govt. agency.
Marking Scheme – Every correct answer will be awarded four marks, and for every wrong answer one mark will be deducted.
The admission to B.Tech. Programme through Lateral Entry shall be done by Delhi Technological University on the basis on the merit list. The merit list will be prepared based on the performance of the candidate in the written/computer based entrance examination.
The candidates reporting for admission are required to bring the following documents in Original along with one set of self-attested copies.
- A duly signed printout of filled application form affixed in the appropriate place on the form.
- Copy of Admit Card duly signed by the Invigilator during CCE.
- All mark sheets and certificate of qualifying examination (Diploma).
- SC/ST/OBC/Persons with disability Certificate(s) whichever applicable, on the basis of which reservation is claimed. OBC candidates must produce necessary financial document to support their category
- Two good quality recent photographs
- Medical fitness certificate
- Bank Demand Draft of Rs. 1,18,000/- drawn in favour of Registrar, Delhi Technological University payable at New Delhi.
Seat Matrix For B.Tech Lateral Entry (Tentative)
B.Tech Lateral Entry Programme
Candidates admitted in B.Tech Programme (Lateral Entry) have to deposit Rs. 33000/- on or before Aug 06, 2018, failing which their admission shall be cancelled.
For More Details DTU B.Tech Lateral Entry Admission Check – Information Brochure.