DTU B.Tech Lateral Entry Admission 2020 – Delhi Technical University offers B.Tech Lateral Entry Admission 2020 at DTU. B.Tech. Lateral Entry Programme is a continuation of technical expertise acquired after completing Diploma programmes and offers an opportunity to Diploma holders to obtain a B.Tech Degree in Engineering. Candidates can check the complete information of DTU B.Tech Lateral Entry Admission 2020 such as Application process, eligibility criteria, seat matrix and other information on this page below.
DTU B.Tech Lateral Entry Admission 2020
Interested and Eligible candidates who seek admission in B.Tech Lateral Entry can fill their application form from the official website dtu.ac.in. The duration of the Degree programme is 3 years as the candidate will be admitted directly in the second year of the regular B.Tech. Program.
Duration – The duration of the Degree programme is 3 years as the candidate will be admitted directly in the second year of the regular B. Tech. Program.
Schedule for DTU B.Tech Lateral Entry Admission 2020 is given below.
|Admission 2020 Open|
|UPES Deharadun B.Tech Applications Open. Apply Now!!|
|Manipal University Engineering Admission 2020 Open. Apply Now!!|
|LPU NEST 2020 Applications Open. Apply Here!!|
|KIITEE Admission 2020 Applications Open. Apply Now!!|
|Advertisement in newspaper||1st week of May 2020|
|Opening of Website for Online Registration||1st week of May 2020|
|Last Date for Online Registration||1st week of Jun 2020|
|Admit Card available online||1st week of Jun 2020|
|Date of Common Entrance Exam (CEE)||2nd week of Jun 2020|
|Date of display of Merit List for all categories on website www.dtu.ac.in||2nd week of Jun 2020|
|First round of counselling for all categories (reporting at DTU)||1st week of Jul 2020|
|Display of vacant seats for 2nd round of counselling at DTU website||2nd week of Jul 2020|
|Second round of counselling for all categories (Last Date of Admission)||3rd week of Jul 2020|
|Display of Vacant Seats (if available)||1st week of Aug 2020|
|Spot round admissions at DTU||2nd wek of Aug 2020|
DTU B.Tech Lateral Entry Admission 2020 Application Form
Candidates are advised must ensure their eligibility and other conditions before filling the application form. The registration fee of Rs. 1000/- for Gen/OBC-NCL and Rs. 500/- for SC/ST/PWD, is to be paid online through credit / debit card / net-banking at the time of registration and choice filling. The registration shall not be complete without the payment of registration fee which is non-refundable and would not be adjusted towards any other fee. A convenience charge (online transaction) will be extra as per banking gateway on every online registration fee payment.
Apply Online: DTU B.Tech Lateral Entry Admission 2020 Application form will be available at dtu.ac.in.
DTU B.Tech Lateral Entry Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates seeking admission to B. Tech. Lateral Entry Programmes must have passed a three-year diploma in any branch of Engineering awarded by any State Board of Technical Education / Diploma recognized by AICTE, Delhi with 60% marks or equivalent CGPA.
- Final years’ student who will be completing all the requirements of their qualifying examinations including back paper(s)/supplementary before the date of admission can also apply. Such candidates are required to submit a certificate as per Performa given in Annexure-I at the time of admission. Such candidates may be admitted provisionally but they will be required to produce the proof of having passed diploma with required percentage of marks latest by 30.09.2020, failing which their admission shall be cancelled and fees shall be forfeited.
- In the case of the grade awarded in terms of Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA), the percentage will be calculated by multiplying CGPA with the conversion formula provided by the concerned instructions. If the concerned instruction does not have its own conversion formula, then the equivalent percentage (%) will be calculated as per the formula given below.
Percentage of Marks = 10*CGPA
DTU B.Tech Lateral Entry Admission 2020 Examination Scheme
The admission to B.Tech. Programme through Lateral Entry shall be done by Delhi Technological University on the basis Performance in Written Examination.
|Date||Time||Duration||Mode Of Examination|
|2nd week of Jul 2020||to be announced||2 Hours||Written|
**Candidates are required to report in DTU with following documents:
a) Two copies of singed Admit Card (generated online)
b) A photo ID card (with a self-attested copy) issued by State/Central Govt./Any
other Govt. agency.
Marking Scheme – Every correct answer will be awarded four marks, and for every wrong answer one mark will be deducted.
DTU B.Tech Lateral Entry Admission 2020 Selection Procedure
The admission to B.Tech. Programme through Lateral Entry shall be done by Delhi Technological University on the basis on the merit list. The merit list will be prepared based on the performance of the candidate in the written/computer based entrance examination.
The candidates reporting for admission are required to bring the following documents in Original along with one set of self-attested copies.
- A duly signed printout of filled application form affixed in the appropriate place on the form.
- Copy of Admit Card duly signed by the Invigilator during CCE.
- All mark sheets and certificate of qualifying examination (Diploma).
- SC/ST/OBC/Persons with disability Certificate(s) whichever applicable, on the basis of which reservation is claimed. OBC candidates must produce necessary financial document to support their category
- Two good quality recent photographs
- Medical fitness certificate
- Bank Demand Draft of Rs. 1,66,000/- drawn in favour of Registrar, Delhi Technological University payable at New Delhi.
DTU B.Tech Lateral Entry Admission 2020 Merit List
Delhi Technical University will release the provisional merit list for lateral entry admissions as per the schedule. The list will contain students from various categories who will be provisionally selected for lateral entry admissions to B.Tech programme for the session 2020-21. Merit list will be available on the official website, a direct link to check the same will also be provided below.
DTU B.Tech Lateral Entry Admission 2020 Seat Intake
The seat matrix for B.Tech Lateral Entry Programme is mentioned here, candidates can check below for the same.
DTU B.Tech Lateral Entry Admission 2020 Fee Structure
The fee structure for B.Tech Lateral Entry Programme is mentioned here, candidates can check below for the same.
For more details regarding DTU B.Tech Lateral Entry Admission 2020, Download last year’s information brochure – Clcik here