|Exam||Last Date||Apply Now|
|CAT||20 Sep 2017||Click Here|
|NMAT||03 Oct 2017||Click Here|
|SNAP||24 Nov 2017||Click Here|
|XAT||30 Nov 2017||Click Here|
DU CIE B.Ed Admission 2017 – Central Institute of Education (CIE) has been released the information brochure of Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) admission in the University of Delhi. The candidate seeking admission in DU B.Ed courses should note that the schedule for DU PG admission will be followed for the filling of seats.
Important Announcement – The Third Admission List, if required, for B.Ed./ B.Ed.(Special Education (V.I.)/ B.Ed. Special Education (M.R.) and M.Ed., will come in the First week of August 2017. Kindly stay connected.
Registration for DU PG Admission 2017 has been started. The DU B.Ed Application Form 2017 is the same as that of the PG admission. The candidates may access it from the link below. This year, the candidates will be able to apply for numerous courses, by submitting only one application form. Check more details on Du CIE B.Ed Admission 2017 from this page.
DU CIE B.Ed Admission 2017
The B.Ed course is offered by four colleges of DU. These are:
- Faculty of Education (Central Institute of Education – CIE)
- Lady Irwin College (LIC)
- Maharshi Valmiki College of Education (MVCE)
- Shyama Prasad Mukherji College for women (SPMC)
- Lady Irwin College (LIC) and Shyama Prasad Mukherji College for Women are exclusively for women. Only women candidates can apply to LIC and SPMC.
- Faculty of Education (Central Institute of Education – CIE) and Maharshi Valmiki College of Education (MVCE) are co-educational institutions.
Academic Session for the B.Ed. Programme is likely to commence on July 20, 2017.
DU CIE B.Ed 2017 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria of DU CIE B.Ed 2017 is to be fulfilled by all the candidates, in order to receive admission. The ineligible candidates will not be granted admission, so it is better that the candidates ensure eligibility before applying.
The criteria for eligibility is as below:
For B.Ed Programme – To apply for the B.Ed course in the University of Delhi, the candidates should have secured at least 50% marks in Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree. Apart from this,
- the degree should have been awarded in Science/Social Science/Humanities/Commerce/Engineering/Technology
- and the candidate should have secure 55% marks in specialization in Science and Mathematics or any other subject.
For the Teaching Subject – The candidates also need to select one subject as Teaching Subject. The criteria for choosing this subject is that:
- the candidate must have studied it during the Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree.
- the respective subject should have been of at least 200 marks and candidates should have secured 50% in it.
Note: The candidates can choose only one subject.
DU CIE B.Ed 2017 Application Form
Unlike last year, there is only one application form for PG admission. Hence, the application form for DU CIE B.Ed admission is the same as for other courses. Through a single application form, the candidates may apply for various courses.
To submit the application form, candidates need to click on the link above and then register by submitting the login and personal details. The candidates will also have to pay the application fee of through online payment gateway. The application fee is as below:
- Rs. 500 for General and OBC category.
- Rs. 250 for SC/ST/PwD category.
DU CIE B.Ed 2017 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of DU CIE B.Ed 2017 is as below:
- The exam will be held in pen and paper mode.
- It will be divided into 3 sections.
- Sections will be for Reasoning/ Teaching Aptitude/General Knowledge, Subject Knowledge at school level, and Language Proficiency.
- The total number of question in the exam will be 400.
- All the question will be of Multiple Choice Type (MCQ).
The table below will assist candidates in understanding the exam pattern of DU CIE B.Ed 2017.
DU CIE B.ED Answer keys
- The Department will upload the answer key of the entrance examination within 24 hours from the conclusion of the entrance examination.
The applicant is required to visit the website to check the answer key vis-a-vis the question paper. In case of any discrepancy, the applicant concerned can register a complaint within 48 hours from time of uploading the answer key.
The request for obtaining a copy of one’s own ORS ( OMR Response Sheet ) by the applicant must be made within 7 calendar days from the date of declaration of results to the University in the prescribed format along with a fee of Rs. 500/ per paper.
Read Official Notification Here – Click Here
DU CIE B.Ed 2017 Seat Intake
The seat intake of DU CIE B.Ed 2017, in all the four colleges, is as below:
DU CIE B.Ed Reservation of Seats 2017
The reservation of seat in B.Ed program will be done as per the following norms:
(a) Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/Other Backward Classes
- Reservation of seats shall be in the following manner:
- Scheduled Caste = 15% of total intake in each course
- Scheduled Tribe = 7½% of total intake in each course
- Other Backward Classes = 27% of total intake in each course
DU CIE B.Ed 2017 Admission List
On the basis of the performance in the entrance test, depending on the rank in the merit list of their respective category, subject category and preference of the institutions, candidates will be allocated to different institutions. Display of name in the merit list does not indicate final selection for admission. The general merit list will comprise of candidates of all categories in the order of merit. No one will be excluded from the same. In other words, it will also include SC/ST/OBC candidates if they come in the general merit. In case of a tie, the University norms will be followed. Candidates should check CIE website and DU website for regular updates on Schedule of B.Ed. Admissions
For more details of DU CIE B.Ed. Admission 2017 – Download Information Brochure.