Delhi University ECA / Sports Admission: DU has opened the UG admission portal from November 18 to 21, 2021 under the ECA category. Candidates can login to their account to find the allotted College pr Program on their dashboard respectively. Earlier, the centralised rank wise merit list of eligible candidates was released by DU for UG admissions under the quota for the Academic Session 2021-2022. It is mandatory for all colleges to provide sports facilities and encourage all students to participate in sports and extracurricular activities by introducing inter-class competitions and mass sports. To know more details on DU ECA and Sports Admission 2021, read the below article.
Latest – DU has released the procedure and schedule for ECA admissions 2021. Check here
Latest – DU has released Undertaking by the Candidate for UG admision under ECA category 2021-2021. Download here.
Latest – DU has released the centralised rank wise merit lists of eligible candidates under ECA quota for UG admissions for the academic session 2021-2022. Scroll down to check it.
DU ECA and Sports Admission 2021
Dates for the admission process are updated here. Check the table given below for dates of all important events.
Important Dates at a glance:
|Starting date for Online Registration||02 Aug 2021|
|Closing date for Online Registration||31 Aug 2021|
|Commencement of Admissin||08 Nov 2021|
|Release of centralised rank wise merit list of eligible candidates for UG admissions under ECA quota||10 Nov 2021|
|Registering of eligible candidates preferences for the allotment of Program and College||10 – 12 Nov 2021 (11.59 PM)|
Schedule for UG Admissions under ECA Category 2021-2022
|Display of the First ECA Admission List||18 Nov 2021|
|College and Program allocated to the|
Candidate visible on his/her Dashboard
|18 – 21 Nov 2021|
|Colleges to complete approvals/rejections for|
|18 – 20 Nov 2021|
|Last date for payment of fees||21 Nov 2021|
DU ECA and Sports Admission 2021 Result / Merit List
Delhi University has released Results & a List of Selected Candidates for ECA Prelims for various courses on the official website. Candidates can also check their Results and List of selected candidates from the link which is provided below.
– Click here to check the centralised rank wise merit list of eligible candidates for UG admissions under ECA quota for the Academic Session 2021-2022.
– Click here to check the Merit List of Eligible Candidates for Under Graduate Merit-Based Admissions under ECA Category for the Academic Session 2021-2022.
Sports Admission Guidelines
DU has released Sports Admission Guidelines 2021-2022 and Male & Female Award list on the official Website. The details are Provided below.
- Click here to download Above Notice.
DU NCWEB 2021 Admission Notice
DU has released the notice regarding Schedule for Commencement of various Under-Graduate Admissions. Candidates can check the image below for schedule.
Click here to download the schedule for Admission 2021
DU ECA and Sports Admission 2021 Registration
Candidates who are seeking Admission under various courses at the University of Delhi can apply before August 31, 2021. Candidates seeking admission under ECA and Sports quota should proceed according to rules.
|Registration fee for Merit-based programs for UR/OBC/EWS||Rs. 250|
|Registration fee for SC/ST/PwBD||Rs.100|
|Additional Registration fee for ECA/Sports||Rs.100|
DU ECA and Sports Admission 2021 Marking Scheme
Candidates who seek admission in ECA and Sports Quota can look into the Criteria for Marking of Merit/Participation ECA Certificates.
|Sr. No.||Quota||Max. Marks|
|1||Participation/Prizes in Competition||44|
|4||Performance / Published work / Exhibition|
Guidelines for Admission on the Basis of Sports
The Colleges shall communicate on the DU UG Admission portal the total number of seats under Sports Quota (Supernumerary) along with requirements in different Games/Sports in Men/Women as applicable.
- The applicant seeking admission on the basis of Sports is required to register online on the DU UG Admission portal.
- Applicants can register with one registration number for one Game/Sport. Applicants can register for a maximum of three Games/Sports.
- An additional registration fee of Rs. 100/- for each Game/Sport will apply in the Sports category in addition to charges applicable for (UR/OBC/SC/ST/PWD/EWS) registration.
Admission herein will be based on:
I. Direct admission on the basis of Category A of the Criteria for Marking of Merit/Participation Sports Certificate.
II. Admission on the basis of Category B, C& D of the Criteria for Marking of Merit/Participation Sports Certificate.
I. Direct admission on the basis of Category A of the Criteria for Marking of Merit/Participation Sports Certificate
Sportspersons who have represented India in the under-mentioned Competition(s), recognized and funded by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports (MYAS) will be given Direct Admission for the Game/Sport at Point no. II (B) where the requirement for the Game/Sport has been given by the Colleges.
- Olympic Games by the International Olympic Committee(IOC)
- World Championship / World Cup by International Sports Federations(ISF)
- Commonwealth Games by Commonwealth Games Federation(CGF)
- Asian Games by Olympic Council of Asia(OCA)
- Asian Senior Championships by International Sports Federations(ISF)
- South Asian Games (SAG) by South Asia Olympic Council(SAOC)
- Paralympic Games by International Paralympic Committee(IPC)
II. Admission on the basis of Categories B, C & D of the Criteria for Marking of Merit/ Participation Sports Certificate
A. Maximum 100 Marks for Merit/Participation Sports Certificate
- Criteria for marking of Merit/Participation Sports Certificate display the marks for different levels of Game/Sport competitions.
- Sports Certificate of Invitational / Memorial / Open / Prize Money League / Selection Trial /Squad/ Ranking competitions will not be considered. Letter/ Letterhead of Merit/Participationin Sports competitions will also be not considered.
- Applicants can upload self-attested copies of a maximum of three Merit/Participation Sports Certificates.
- The uploaded Merit/ Participation Sports Certificate will be evaluated as per the Criteria for marking of Merit/Participation Sports Certificate. However, the Marks obtained in the Highest uploaded Merit/ Participation Sports Certificate will be considered for preparation of the Centralized Sports Marks Award List.
- Keeping in view the Covid19 pandemic situation, the Merit/Participation Sports Certificate of the preceding four years will be considered from 01st May 2017 to 30th April 2021.
- The level of competency of the applicant will be determined only for those who have achieved distinction during the preceding four years in the Game/Sport at Point number II (B).
- Applicant must secure a minimum of 10 marks in the marking of the uploaded Merit/Participation Sports Certificate to be eligible for admission on the basis of Sports.
B. Games/Sports considered for Admission on the basis of Sports
Baseball (M), Basketball (M & W), Cricket (M & W), Football (M & W), Handball (M &W), Hockey (M & W), Kabaddi (M & W), Kho-Kho (M & W), Netball (W), Softball (W) and Volleyball (M & W)
Dual & Combat Sports
Badminton (M & W), Boxing (M & W), Judo (M & W), Squash (M & W), Table Tennis (M& W), Taekwondo* (M & W), Tennis (M & W) and Wrestling** (M & W), Kyorugi
Individual Sports Archery (M & W), Athletics (M & W), Chess (M & W), Diving (M & W), Gymnastics (M &W), Shooting**** (M & W), Swimming (M & W) and Weight-lifting (M & W)
***Compound & Recurve
****10 Meter Air Pistol & 10 Meter Air Rifle
Steps to Add/Modify ECA Categories for DU ECA and Sports Admission 2021
The registered candidates can add or modify a maximum of 3 ECA categories. However, those who are registering for the first time need to create a login first and then fill up the complete registration form and make payment. Steps to add/modify ECA categories are given below.
Step 1: Using the link provided above, access the login window.
Step 2: Login using registered email id.
Step 3: Go to ECA tab and click on “Add another ECA Activity/Specialisation.
Step 4: Select the desired category and sub-category.
Step 5: Go to upload section and upload a maximum of 5 certificates per activity selected.
Step 6: Pay the additional fee per ECA activity and complete the registration process.
Click here to check the detailed instructions to add/modify ECA categories (Previous Year).
DU ECA and Sports Admission Procedure 2021
Procedure for ECA Admission after declaration of Final Results is mentioned below (As per previous year):
STEP-I: The selected Candidates are requested to visit different colleges offering seat in a particular category of ECA. An application has to be submitted to the Cultural Committee of that particular college. Candidates are requested to attach following self-attested documents with their application:
- Copy of final ECA result.
- Copy of class XII mark sheet.
- Copy of the Registration form.
STEP-II: After receiving applications from the candidates colleges, will notify the first ECA admission list.
STEP-III: After notification of admission list candidates are requested to check their names. If the name of a candidates appear in the list then, for next two days they can go and take admission. The candidate must carry their original documents and will download ECA form before going for admission in a college.
STEP- IV: The calculations of ‘Best Four’ for ECA admissions will be done taking the Fourth cut-off as the base cut-off.
STEP- V: In case the name of a candidate does not appear in the first list then, candidates who have applied for first list will be considered automatically for the subsequent lists. Fresh applicants will have to go and submit their application in different colleges.
UG Admission procedure in a nut-shell
The admissions to various colleges of the University of Delhi are based on merit/entrance criteria.
- Applicants seeking admission to UG merit-based programmes/courses must register on a centralized admission Web Portal, for which the details are given in this Bulletin.
- Applicants seeking admission to UG entrance test based programme/courses need to apply on a separate portal for which the registration will start soon and date will be announced on the University of Delhi website du.ac.in
UG Merit Based Admission procedure
- Online Registration: The applicants seeking admission to UG merit based programme must register through online registration.
- Cut-offs: The applicants must check the centralized Admission Web Portal (ug.du.ac.in) and respective college website for cut-offs for different programmes.
- Selection of Colleges / Programmes: The applicants who meet the requisite cut-off should login to the UG admission portal into their registration account and select college/programme where the applicant wishes to take admission and meets the desired cutoff criterion.
- Verification of documents at Colleges: The applicant shall take the print out of the admission form and together with the list of documents/certificates, and proceed to the respective college for verification of mark-sheet/certificates, calculation of cut-off percentage depending on the programme/course. The schedule for verification of documents in the colleges.
- Approval of admission: The college will retain the certificates of approved applicant in order to avoid multiple admissions. The certificates will remain with the colleges during the admission process. After this, the college will approve the admission on the UG admission portal. However, the colleges shall promptly return the documents in case student withdraws/cancels the admission or student wishes to appear in counselling of any other university/ institute.
- Online payment of Admission fee: The applicant will then be required to log-on to the UG admission portal to make the online Admission Fee payment through the available online payment options. The approved applicant is permitted to make online admission fee payment till 12 noon of the next day of the given admission list deadline.
Schedule of Sports Admission 2021
Schedule for admission on the basis of Sports in Undergraduate Programmes for the Academic Session 2020-21 is released online on the official website. Merit list will be prepared only of those applicants who will register online on DU UG portal for concerned College/s and will report in person for every counselling and verification of original certificate/s at concerned College/s during the specified date and time.
After approval of Sports Admission by the concerned College, the applicant will have to log on to the Undergraduate Admission portal to make online admission fee payment.
DU ECA and Sports Admission 2021 Seat Matrix
Delhi University has released the seat matrix for DU ECA and Sports. Candidates can check the seat details (As Per Previous Years) is given below the link.
- Click here to check the ECA Seat matrix for UG Courses.
- Click here to check the ECA Seats for Undergraduate Admissions
- Click here to check the Sport Seats for Undergraduate Admissions
Official website: du.ac.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.