Delhi University ECA / Sports Admission: All you need to know about Delhi University ECA Admissions 2018 has been detailed here. It is mandatory for all the Colleges to provide sports facilities and encourage all students to participate in sports and extracurricular activities by introducing inter-class competitions and mass sports.
DU ECA and Sports Admission 2018
Schedule for ECA Finals round has been announced. Candidates can check the result from official website of University of Delhi or the direct link given below.
Important Dates at a glance (Merit Based):
|Starting date for Online Registration||15 May 2018|
|Closing date for Online Registration||07 Jun 2018|
|Notification of First Cut Off (Merit-Based)||19 Jun 2018|
|Commencement of Classes||20 Jul 2018|
|Closing date of Admission||16 Aug 2018|
Schedule of ECA Finals Trials for various activities in colleges for undergraduate courses 2018
Guidelines: Click Here to check the guidelines for ECA Trials (Final Round)
Schedule of Sports Admission 2018
The following is the schedule for admission on the basis of Sports in Undergraduate Programmes for the Academic Session 2018-19. Merit list will be prepared only of those applicants who have registered online on DU UG portal for concerned College/s and have reported in person for every counselling and verification of original certificate/s at concerned College/s during the specified date and time mentioned below:
After approval of Sports Admission by the concerned College, the applicant has to log on to the Undergraduate Admission portal to make online admission fee payment. This may be done till 12:00 noon of the next day of the given Sports Admission List deadline
Schedule of Sports Trials for Admission on the basis of Sports in Undergraduate Programme 2018
Sports Marks in UG programme: – The marks of the applicants who have applied on the basis of Sports in UG programme will be displayed shortly on your dashboard. Please keep checking the UG portal for the same regularly.
For any grievance related to Sports under the Admission helpline Menu, click on Grievance and use “Sports Quota” from the dropdown Menu under select grievance category and submit your grievance.
Procedure for ECA Admission after declaration of Final Results are mentioned below:
STEP-I: The selected Candidates are requested to visit different colleges offering seat in a particular category of ECA. An application has to be submitted to the Cultural Committee of that particular college. Candidates are requested to attach following self-attested documents with their application:
- Copy of final ECA result.
- Copy of class XII mark sheet.
- Copy of the Registration form.
STEP-II: After receiving applications from the candidates colleges, will notify the first ECA admission list.
STEP-III: After notification of admission list candidates are requested to check their names. If the name of a candidates appear in the list then, for next two days they can go and take admission. The candidate must carry their original documents and will download ECA form before going for admission in a college.
STEP- IV: The calculations of ‘Best Four’ for ECA admissions will be done taking the Fourth cut-off as the base cut-off. STEP- V: In case the name of a candidate does not appear in the first list then, candidates who have applied for first list will be considered automatically for the subsequent lists. Fresh applicants will have to go and submit their application in different colleges.
UG Admission procedure in a nut-shell
The admissions to various colleges of the University of Delhi are based on merit/entrance criteria.
- Applicants seeking admission to UG merit based programmes/courses must register on a centralized admission Web Portal, for which the details are given in this Bulletin.
- Applicants seeking admission to UG entrance test based programme/courses need to apply on a separate portal for which the registration will start soon and date will be announced on the University of Delhi website http://www.du.ac.in/du/.
UG Merit Based Admission procedure
- Online Registration: The applicants seeking admission to UG merit based programme must register through online registration.
- Cut-offs: The applicants must check the centralized Admission Web Portal (https://ug.du.ac.in/app/) and respective college website for cut-offs for different programmes.
- Selection of Colleges / Programmes: The applicants who meet the requisite cut-off should login to the UG admission portal into their registration account and select college/programme where the applicant wishes to take admission and meets the desired cutoff criterion.
- Verification of documents at Colleges: The applicant shall take the print out of the admission form and together with the list of documents/certificates, and proceed to the respective college for verification of mark-sheet/certificates, calculation of cut-off percentage depending on the programme/course. The schedule for verification of documents in the colleges.
- Approval of admission: The college will retain the certificates of approved applicant in order to avoid multiple admissions. The certificates will remain with the colleges during the admission process. After this, the college will approve the admission on the UG admission portal. However, the colleges shall promptly return the documents in case student withdraws/cancels the admission or student wishes to appear in counselling of any other university/ institute.
- Online payment of Admission fee: The applicant will then be required to log-on to the UG admission portal to make the online Admission Fee payment through the available online payment options. The approved applicant is permitted to make online admission fee payment till 12 noon of the next day of the given admission list deadline.
Result / Selected Candidates for Final Round
Delhi University was released Result & List of Selected Candidates for ECA Prilims for various courses on the official website. Candidates can check their Result and List of selected candidates from the link provided below.
- Classical dance
- Creative Writing English
- Creative Writing Hindi
- English Debate
- Film Making
- Fine Arts
- Folk Dance
- Hindi Debate
- Indian Instrumental
- Indian Vocal (classical & light)
- Still Photography
- Western Dance
- Western Instrumental
- Western Vocal (classical & light)
Official website: www.du.ac.in
For more details of DU ECA and Sports Admission 2018 – Download Information Brochure.