The University of Delhi will announce the DU First Cut Off 2018 on June 19, 2018. Candidates can then check the first cut off list of DU 2018 on the official website, du.ac.in or on this page below. Till now St. Stephens, P.G.D.A.V Evening College, Shivaji College and Sri Aurobindo College (Evening) have been announced. The Cutoff of Delhi University 2018 is based on the marks of the candidates in “best four” subjects. The DU Cut Off is announced separately for Science, Commerce, and Arts colleges. On the basis of the percentage of best four subjects, candidates are called for admission. Thus, the average highest marks of “best four” and the number of seats available will decide the DU Cut Off 2018. Candidates can check the first cutoff list 2018 of DU Admission college wise from this page below. Also, know here what are the important steps to be followed now that the first cutoff list is here.
DU First Cut Off 2018
This year St Stephen’s College is the first college among the rest to release its first cutoff for DU admissions 2018. Last year, Shri Ram College of Commerce was the first college to announce the DU cutoff on June 23. Approximately 2.9 lakh students have applied to various courses being offered by the 65 colleges affiliated to the university. The total number of undergraduate seats is approximately 55,000, according to DU officials.
|DU First Cutoff List 2018||Date|
|DU First cutoff list 2018 Announcement||19 Jun 2018|
|Admission approval and Document Verification||19 to 21 Jun 2018|
How To Check DU First Cut Off 2018
Candidates can follow the steps below to check the DU First Cut Off 2018 for admission.
- Candidates have to visit the official website of Delhi University UG Admissions.
- Next, they have to look for “Cutoff 2018-19”.
- On clicking the link, the DU Cutoff 2018 will appear on the screen.
- Candidates have to then search for the desired course and college they have applied for.
- Thereafter, they have to continue with the further admission procedure if they are eligible.
DU First Cut Off 2018 – College Wise List
Click on the name of the college for first cutoff list 2018 of DU. The list below is arranged in an alphabetical order.
- St. Stephen’s College Cut Offs – Announced!
- Acharya Narendra Dev College Cut Offs
- Aditi Mahavidyalaya College Cut Offs
- Aryabhatta College Cut Offs
- Atma Ram Sanatan Dharma College Cut Offs
- Bhagini Nivedita College Cut Offs
- Bharati College Cut Offs
- Bhaskaracharya College of Applied Sciences Cut Offs
- BR Ambedkar College Cut Offs
- College of Vocational studies Cut Offs
- Daulat Ram College Cut Offs
- Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College Cut Offs
- Delhi College of Arts & Commerce Cut Offs
- Deshbandhu College Cut Offs
- Dyal Singh College Cut Offs
- Dyal Singh Evening College Cut Offs
- Gargi College Cut Offs
- Hans Raj College Cut Offs
- Hindu College Cut Offs
- Indraprastha College for Women Cut Offs
- Institute of Home Economics Cut Offs
- Janaki Devi Memorial College Cut Offs
- Jesus & Mary College Cut Offs
- Kalindi College Cut Offs
- Kamala Nehru College Cut Offs
- Keshav Mahavidyalaya Cut Offs
- Kirorimal College Cut Offs
- Lady Irwin College Cut Offs
- Lady Shri Ram College for Women Cut Offs
- Lakshmibai College Cut Offs
- Maharaja Agrasen College Cut Offs
- Maitreyi College Cut Offs
- Mata Sundari College for Women Cut Offs
- Miranda House Cut Offs
- Motilal Nehru College Cut Offs
- Motilal Nehru College (Evening) Cut Offs
- Non-Collegiate Women Education Board (NCWEB) Cut Offs
- PGDAV College Cut Offs
- PGDAV College (Evening) Cut Offs – Announced!
- Rajdhani College Cut Offs
- Ramanujan College Cut Offs
- Ram Lal Anand College (Day) Cut Offs
- Ramjas College Cut Offs
- Satyawati College (Day) Cut Offs
- Satyawati College (Evening) Cut Offs
- Shaheed Bhagat Singh College (Day) Cut Offs
- Shaheed Bhagat Singh College (Evening) Cut Offs
- Shaheed Rajguru College of Applied Sciences for Women Cut Offs
- Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies Cut Offs
- Shri Ram College of Commerce (SRCC) Cut Offs
- Sri Guru Gobind Singh College of Commerce Cut Offs
- Shri Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College Cut Offs
- Shri Guru Nanak Dev Khalsa College Cut Offs
- Shivaji College Cut Offs – Announced!
- Shyama Prasad Mukherji College Cut Offs
- Shyam Lal College (Day) Cut Offs
- Shyam Lal College (Evening) Cut Offs
- Sri Aurobindo College Cut Offs
- Sri Aurobindo College (Evening) Cut Offs – Announced!
- Sri Venkateswara College Cut Offs
- Swami Shraddhanand College Cut Offs
- Vivekananda College Cut Offs
- Zakir Husain College Cut Offs
- Zakir Husain P.G. Evening College Cut Offs
How The DU Cut Off 2018 Is Decided?
The DU First Cut Off 2018 and other cutoff lists are decided on the basis of best four subjects. Although, number of seats also play a major role in the process. Here are the important highlights related to best four percentage calculations:
- Students may have scored higher marks in a particular subject but sometimes including that subject in the “best four” could lead to a deduction by up to 2.5 percentage points.
- For admission to Honours in any language programme, an advantage of 2% in the ‘best four’ will be given to those applicants who have studied that particular elective language in the qualifying examination.
- On the other hand, if an applicant has not studied a language in a qualifying examination, and is seeking admission to Honours in that language (except English and Hindi) a deduction of 5% will be imposed on ‘best four’.
- However, the process of calculating best four for admission in arts/humanities are a bit different than that of other programmes. The university’s admission guidelines say that merit shall be determined on the basis of one language and three best academic/elective subjects.
- Out of three academic/elective subject chosen, one must be the subject in which the admission is sought, failing which a deduction of 2.5% will be imposed on the calculated ‘best four’ percentage. For example, if a student is applying for B.A.(Hons.) in history and if the student has not studied history in Class XII then 2.5% will be deducted from the score.
- For admission into B.A. (Hons.) in economics, applicants must have studied and passed mathematics at the qualifying exam for admission.
After The Declaration of DU First Cut Off 2018
Candidates who are eligible for admission in DU as per the first cutoff list must note the following point carefully:
- Once the University declares the cut-off, the candidates must check that he/she satisfies the cut-off of course and college where he/she would like to take the admission.
- Then by logging in to the admission portal and selecting the appropriate Course and College, candidates have to generate the Admission application form.
- Thereafter candidate has to visit the college selected for admission with a set of original documents and self-attested photocopies of the documents.
- Document verification will be carried out from 9.30 a.m. to 1.30 p.m in morning colleges and from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. in evening colleges.
- Once the respective colleges verify the admission process, candidates will have to pay fees using the online admission portal of Delhi University.
Important Documents for DU Admission 2018
Once the admission form is available, the candidates need to fill it and secure a copy of it. The candidates will then have to visit the respective college, with the following documents. make sure to carry a set of original document and also a set of photocopied documents.
- Class X and XII mark sheet.
- Class XII provisional certificate/ original certificate
- Character certificate, issued either by the Principal of the school or Class -1 Gazetted Officer.
- SC / ST / PwD / CW / KM certificate (if applicable)
- OBC Non-creamy layer certificate (if applicable)
- Transfer certificates from school/college
- Migration certificate
- At least two passport size self-attested photographs.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.