DU M.Phil and Ph.D. Admission 2018 – The University of Delhi will release the application form for M.Phil and Ph.D admission. The registration will be started on 2nd week of June 2018, and will close on last week of June 2018. The admission in DU M.Phil and Ph.D courses will be granted on the basis of entrance examination, the dates for which will be released soon. The candidates aiming to pursue M.Phil or Ph.D course from the Delhi University may check more details on DU M.Phil and Ph.D Admission 2018 from here.
DU M.Phil and Ph.D. Admission 2018
The registration for DU M.Phil and Ph.D will be released online. The candidates seeking admission in Ph.D course, must have complete M.Phill in respective subject and the candidates aiming for M.Phil admission must have had the respective subject in PG course. Only then the admission will be granted to them.
|Availability and submission of application form||2nd week of June 2018|
|Closing date for online Registration||3rd week of June 2018|
|Dates for the conduct of the Written Examinations||1st week of July 2018|
|Announcement of Results of Written Examinations||2nd week of July 2018|
To submit the application form of DU M.Phil and Ph.D the candidates will have to visit the official website. The application form will be available online. The candidates will be required to submit Login and Personal details. After this, they will be allowed to fill details and upload documents in the application form.
- Registration fee for SC/ST/PwD: Rs. 250/- for each course
- Registration fee for all other Categories (Unreserved, OBC etc.): Rs. 500/- for each course
- The admission to the programme is through a entrance test, which results in the shortlisting of the candidates for the interview. It may be noted that certain Departments may have mode of evaluation other than Interview. Candidate may refer to the Departmental website or contact the Department directly for the details.
- It may be noted that after the written examination, certain Departments may opt to have a second test prior to interview for the candidates shortlisted on the basis of the first written test.
- The list of shortlisted candidates and dates of the interview shall be notified on the M.Phil./Ph.D. admission portal.
- For the Departments requiring “Research Proposal”, an applicant shall bring a printed copy of the proposal at the time of the Interview, which the candidate filled during the online registration process.
Instructions for M.Phil & PhD combined Written Entrance Examination 2018
- There shall be separate written examination for M.Phil. and Ph.D. programmes. However, certain Departments have a common written examination for both M.Phil. and Ph.D. programmes. If a candidate wishes to apply in both the Programmes offered by these Departments, then also the candidate shall fill separate registration form for each of the two Programme.
- The Admit Card for the written examination shall be available in your online registration account.
- Admit Card’s download link shall be available from last week of June, 2018 onwards. Please visit the M.Phil./Ph.D. admission portal for news and updates related with the Admit Card and on the admission procedures.
- Candidate shall take the print-out of the Admit Card. The print quality of the Admit Card should be good enough for verification.
- Admit Card shall carry the information related with Centre, Reporting time etc.
- Candidate shall carry the following documents to the Examination Centre:
- Printed copy of the Admit Card.
- One identity card bearing candidate’s photograph, for verification. This can be any one of the following documents: Aadhaar Card, Driving License, PAN card, Voter’s identity card, Passport or College identity card
- The duration of written examination shall be two hours. The question paper shall be of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) type, except for some of the foreign language courses including Persian which may have short-answer questions.
- The syllabus for the written examination of each M.Phil./Ph.D. programme is the corresponding M.A./M.Com/M.Sc. (or equivalent) syllabus of the University of Delhi or/and as given on the respective Department’s website.
- The answers have to be marked on Optical Mark Recognition (OMR) sheet, except for some of the foreign language courses including Persian which may have short-answer questions also.
Official Website: www.du.ac.in.
For more details on DU M.Phil & Ph.D. Admission download 2017 information brochure.
Insofar, official details of Delhi University M.Phil & Ph.D. Admission 2018 have not been announced. Information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as Delhi University releases Delhi University M.Phil & Ph.D. Admission 2018 information brochure, details will be updated here.