DU M.Phil and PhD Admission 2019 – The University of Delhi had released the notification for M.Phil and Ph.D. admission 2019. The application form for M.Phil and PhD Admission were available, the last date for submission of form is June 22, 2019. The admission in DU M.Phil and PhD courses will be granted on the basis of the entrance examination followed by an interview, the dates for entrance has been released by the University. The candidates aiming to pursue M.Phil or Ph.D. course from the Delhi University may check more details on DU M.Phil and Ph.D. Admission 2019 from here.
DU M.Phil and Ph.D. Admission 2019
The registration for DU M.Phil and Ph.D. is started now, a direct link to fill the same is provided on the “application form” page. An applicant shall provide details of the “Research Proposal” on the admission portal for seeking admission in M.Phil./Ph.D. programmes in certain Departments. Candidates can check the DU M.Phil & Ph.D. Admission 2019 schedule from below.
|Availability and submission of application form||03 Jun 2019|
|Closing date for online Registration|
|Dates for the conduct of the Written Examinations|
|Announcement of Results/Grievance Handling||Last Week of Jun 2019|
|Interviews/ Presentation of Synopsis||July to October 2019|
|Meeting of Respective M.Phil. Committee / DRC||July to October 2019|
|Meeting of BRS||Oct 2019|
|Ph.D. Course Work Commencement||Aug 2019|
The detailed eligibility criteria for DU M.Phil & PhD Admission 2019 is mentioned here. Candidates can check the same from below.
- Click here to check the eligibility conditions for entrance based.
- Click here to check the eligibility conditions for entrance exempted.
To submit the application form of DU M.Phil and PhD the candidates have to visit the official website. The application form is available now and a direct link to fill the application form is provided on the respective page. The candidates are required to register at M.Phil./Ph.D. Admission 2019 with Email. After this, they will be allowed to fill details and upload documents in the application form.
- The registration fee for under Reservation categories: Rs. 300/- for each course.
- The registration fee for UR and OBC: Rs. 750/- for each course
Instruction to Fill the Application Form
Candidates have to follow the below steps to fill the registration form for DU M.Phil and PhD Admission 2019.
Step: 1 Registration at M.Phil/PhD Admission with your Email ID.
Step: 2 Personal Profile and uploads
Step: 3 Filling in the Application Form
Step: 4 Payment of the Application Fee
Step: 5 Downloading the Application form
The entrance examination shall be conducted at the Centers located in the following cities:
- Delhi (NCR)*
*Delhi/NCR includes: Delhi, Gurugram, Faridabad, Noida, Greater Noida, Sahibabad, Ghaziabad.
The syllabus for DU M.Phil & Ph.D. 2019 is given below. The syllabus is the primary step which is to be taken in the preparation process. With the help of the following links, candidates can get complete information about various topics and subjects for the exam. It is further advised to the candidates to prepare for the written exam as per the syllabus only.
- Department of Modern Indian Languages
- Department of Political Science
- Faculty of Law – Ph.D. Programme
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Environmental Studies – Ph.D. Programme
- Department of Punjabi
- Department of Operational Research – M.Phil Programme
- Department of Operational Research – Ph.D. Programme
- Department of Biochemistry – Ph.D. Programme
- Department of Adult Continuing Education & Extension
- Department of Financial Studies – Ph.D. Programme
Instructions for M.Phil & PhD combined Written Entrance Examination 2019
The instructions for M.Phil & PhD Entrance Test and the Interview is mentioned here. Candidates can check below for the same.
- There shall be a common entrance examination for both M.Phil. and Ph.D. programmes. If a candidate wishes to apply in both the Programmes offered by these Departments, they can do so by selecting both the courses in the same form.
- The Admit Card for the written examination shall be available in your online registration account.
- Admit Card’s download link shall be available as per the schedule. Please visit the M.Phil./Ph.D. admission portal for news and updates related with the Admit Card and on the admission procedures.
- Candidate shall take the print-out of the Admit Card. The print quality of the Admit Card should be good enough for verification.
- Admit Card shall carry the information related with Centre, Reporting time etc.
- Candidate shall carry the following documents to the Examination Centre:
- Printed copy of the Admit Card.
- One passport size photograph (same as uploaded on the Online Application Form) for pasting on the specific space in the attendance sheet at the Centre during the Examination.
- Any one of the authorized Govt photo IDs (original, valid and non-expired), viz. PAN card/ Driving License/ Voter ID/ Passport/ Aadhaar Card (With photograph)/ Aadhaar Enrolment No/ Ration Card.
- PwD certificate issued by the Competent Authority, if claiming the relaxation under PwD category
- The duration of the written examination shall be two hours.
- The syllabus for the written examination of each M.Phil./Ph.D. programme is the corresponding M.A./M.Com/M.Sc. (or equivalent) syllabus of the University of Delhi or/and as given on the respective Department’s website.
- The admission to the programme is through an entrance test, which results in the shortlisting of the candidates for the interview. It may be noted that certain Departments may have a mode of evaluation other than Interview. The candidate may refer to the Departmental website or contact the Department directly for the details.
- It may be noted that after the written examination, certain Departments may opt to have a second test prior to interview for the candidates shortlisted on the basis of the entrance test.
- The list of shortlisted candidates and dates of the interview shall be notified on the M.Phil./Ph.D. admission portal.
- For the Departments requiring “Research Proposal”, an applicant shall bring a printed copy of the proposal at the time of the Interview, which the candidate filled during the online registration process.
A total number of seats available in M.Phil. Programme in various Departments are mentioned below:
A total number of seats available in the PhD Programme in various Departments are mentioned below:
Official Website: www.du.ac.in.
For more details on DU M.Phil & PhD Admission 2019 – Download Information Brochure.