AP EdCET 2020 – Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, has announced the result for AP EdCET 2020. The candidates can check the result from the official website or from the link given below. AP EdCET 2020 was held on October 01, 2020. It is a common entrance test conducted for the admission into B.Ed regular course. The candidates who qualify the entrance test are required to take part in the counselling. The admission is granted into the University, Government, Aided and Private Colleges of Education in Andhra Pradesh. Check details about AP EdCET 2020 such as result, counselling, reservation criteria from this page.
– APSCE has released the Hall Ticket for Special Examination to Covid Positive students. Get Here!
– The result for AP EdCET 2020 has been announced. Click Here to check.
– APSCHE has decided to conduct the AP EdCET 2020 for those candidates affected by COVID -19. Scroll down to check the details.
– AP EdCET 2020 response sheet has been released. Click Here to check the complete details.
AP EdCET 2020
Candidate should follow the local / non local requirements of the educational institutes of Andhra Pradesh to appear for this test. All the candidates from AP are allowed to appear for the exam. Check the dates given below for AP EdCET 2020
Schedule for AP EdCET 2020
|AP EdCET 2020||Dates (Revised)|
|Issue of AP Ed.CET – 2020 notification||13 Mar 2020|
|Commencement of Submission of online application||14 Mar 2020|
|Last Date for the submission of online application without late fee|
|Last Date for submission of Online Application with late fee of Rs. 500/-|
25 Sep 2020
|Correction of online application data already submitted by the candidate||07 – 10 Jul 2020|
|AP Ed.CET 2020 Exam Center Change|
|Downloading of Hall Tickets from Website||25 Sep 2020|
|Date of entrance test||1 Oct 2020|
|Availability of preliminary answer key||02 Oct 2020|
|Last Date for receiving of objections on Preliminary Key||04 Oct 2020|
|Date of Announcement of Results||24 Oct 2020|
- Application Form
- Application Status
- Application Form Correction
- Admit Card
- Answer Key
AP EdCET 2020 Result
Result for AP EdCET releases online at sche.ap.gov.in. Candidates can check their respective results by providing the registration number and EdCET hall ticket number. After the declaration of result, a merit list is prepared wherein, candidates are given ranks according to their performance in AP EdCET. A rank card is also issued to the qualified candidates.
AP EdCET Tie Breaking Policy
In case of two or more candidates end up getting the same marks, APSCHE intends to resolve the tie situation in the following way.
- Marks secured in Part C is to be taken into consideration.
- If the tie remains, then the marks secured in Part A is considered
- If the tie is still there, candidates is older will be taken into consideration.
AP EdCET 2020 Counselling
After the declaration of the result, candidates will be informed about the AP EdCET 2020 counselling. Officials release the details about courses offered, seats, admission schedule and processing fee on the official website. Candidates have to register online for admission and have to submit the application to their choice of college. After that, candidates are called for the interview. Selected candidates have to pay the registration fee online and report at the college with the allotment letter.
AP EdCET 2020 Reservation
The candidates are required to satisfy the local / non – local status of the Andhra Pradesh while applying. Check the key points of the same.
Local wise reservations
Other important instructions
- The districts of Srikakulam, Vizianagaram, Visakhapatnam, East Godavari, West Godavari, Krishna, Guntur and Prakasam are regarded as Andhra university local area.
- Anantapur, Kurnool, Chittoor, Kadapa and Nellore, districts of Telanagana, are regarded as Andhra university local area.
- In Sri PadmavathiMahilaViswaVidyalayam, Tirupati, Dravidian University, Kuppamadmission, 85% of the seats in each methodology is reserved for the candidates belonging to 3 local areas mentioned above and the rest 15% of seats are left for open competition.
Other information about local candidates can be checked from the image given below.
AP EdCET 2020 Cut off
Cut off is the minimum qualifying marks for a candidate required to qualify the exam. For qualifying AP EdCET, candidates need to get 25% in the qualifying exam.
|Particulars||Marks or percentage|
|Cut – Off||25%|
|Minimum qualifying marks||37|
AP EdCET 2020 Answer Key
Andhra University, Visakhapatnam on the behalf of APSCHE releases the answer key for AP EdCET. The answer keys are released in the pdf format along with the question papers. It is released for every different subject. Answer key can be used with the question papers to calculate the scores. The candidates can challenge the preliminary answer key. After considering the errors, a final answer key is released. The answer key is released for Urdu and English language.
Update on AP EdCET 2020 for COVID 19 Positive Candidates
AP EdCET 2020 Admit Card
The conducting body releases the admit card for AP EdCET 2020 on the official website. Candidates need to login with their DOB and registration number to download the same. The details in the admit card for AP EdCET 2020 include name, test centre name and address, timings and instructions etc. Each and every applicant needs to carry the AP EdCET 2020 Admit Card / hall ticket and a valid identity proof to the exam centre. They should actually preserve it until the end of admission session.
AP EdCET 2020 Mock Test
Applicants are suggested to practise the mock tests, which are available in the official website or you can also access the from below links. It helps students to get familiarize with the mode of the online test.
|Subjects||Mock Test Links|
|Social Science||Click here|
AP EdCET 2020 Syllabus
Syllabus of the AP EdCET 2020 is divided into 3 parts i.e., General English, General Knowledge and Teaching Aptitude and Part C consist of 5 subjects. The questions are framed from the topics given below.
Part A: General English
- Reading Comprehension
- Correction of Sentences
- Transformation of Sentences – Simple, Compound and Complex. Voices, Direct Speech and Indirect Speech.
Part B: General Knowledge and Teaching Aptitude
- Current Affairs
- General Policy
- Scientific Research
Part C: Candidate has to choose one subject from the 5 given subjects
- Mathematics (MS)
- Physical Sciences (Physics and Chemistry)
- Biological Sciences (Botany and Zoology)
- Social Studies (Geography, History, Civics and Economics)
- English (Special English in BA)
AP EdCET 2020 Exam Pattern
AP EdCET is conducted in English and Telugu language. The candidates opting for Urdu language will get the paper in that language also. For more information about AP EdCET 2020 exam pattern, check the information given below.
- Mode: It is conducted in the online mode
- Duration: The duration of the exam is 2 hours
- Sections: There are 3 sections in the test
- No. of questions: There are 150 questions in total
Distribution of questions
|Parts||Name of the parts||No. of questions||Marks|
|Part A||General English||25||25|
|Part B||General Knowledge|
Medium of Entrance Test: The question paper will be in English and Telugu except for English methodology. However, candidates opting to write the Entrance Test in Urdu medium will be served with Urdu paper and such candidates shall opt Kurnool as Test Centre.
AP EdCET 2020 Exam Centres
AP EdCET 2020 take place in the following given centres. Check the list given below to know the test centres.
AP EdCET 2020 Important Books
Candidates can check the list of the books for AP EdCET 2020.
|Book Name||Buy Here|
|Objective General English R.S Aggarwal||Buy Here|
|General Knowldge Lucent||Buy Here|
|General Knowledge 2020 by Arihant||Buy Here|
| Practice Papers- General Paper 1 |
(Teaching and Research Aptitude) Gurukul Books
|Quantitative Aptitude R.S Aggarwal||Buy Here|
AP EdCET 2020 Preparation Tips
Check the preparation tips for AP EdCET 2020 given below.
- Check the syllabus properly: Before starting with the preparation, the candidates must check the syllabus properly. So, start the preparation after analyzing the syllabus carefully.
- Proper time management: After checking the syllabus, decide well in advance which topic and subject have to be picked first. Start with the most difficult topic and then, go on to the easiest one.
- Polish your concepts of teaching: As this is an entrance exam related to teaching, make sure your concepts about the teaching is on point and up to date.
- Watch youtube videos: If any concept is not clear, watch a youtube video on it and clear your doubts about it.
- Revise: This is the best technique to score well in the examination. So, revise the topics again and again until and unless the concepts are not clear in your mind.
AP EdCET 2020 Application Form
Candidates can apply for AP EdCET at sche.ap.gov.in. The candidates have to follow the steps given below to fill the application form.
Step 1: Go to the official website, sche.ap.gov.in.
Step 2: Find the link of the application form and proceed to fill the application form.
Step 3: Then, as the next step, pay the application fee.
Step 4: After the payment has been done, start filling the application form.
Step 5: Enter the details like candidate’s details, address details, particulars of the common entrance test, address details.
Step 6: After entering all the details, upload the documents asked in the application form such as the images of photograph and signature.
Step 7: Take a preview of the application form and then, after submitting the form take a printout of it.
Application fee: Before filling the application form, candidates have to pay the application fee by debit/ credit card/ net banking.
|SC / ST||400|
AP EdCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates need to make sure that they are eligible fo AP EdCET 2020. Check the necessary conditions of eligibility criteria like age limit, past academic records etc.
Citizenship: For pursuing B.Ed course, the candidate must be a citizen of India.
Age Limit: The minimum age of the candidate should be 19 years as on July 1, 2020. There is no upper age limit to appear for AP EdCET 2020.
Residential Status: Candidates must be a resident of Andhra Pradesh and satisfy all the requirements of local/ non local status as laid down in the Andhra Pradesh Educational Institution.
- Candidates should have passed/appearing for their graduation level B.A./B.Sc./B.Sc. (Home Science)/B.Com./ B.C.A./B.B.M. at the time of submitting the application for APEd.CET-2020. Candidates are required to produce marks memo and pass certificate at the time of admission.
- Candidates should have secured a minimum of 50% marks either in the Bachelor’s Degre or in the Postgraduate Degree in relevant subject or 5 years integrated course in the relevant subject of methodology or any other qualification equivalent thereto.
- The candidates belonging to the reserved categories are required to secure minimum 40% marks.
Note: The candidates who have passed B.E / B.Tech with a minimum of 55% marks, with Mathematics, Physics can also apply for the course.
Eligibility Criteria for the choice of the subject under Part C
AP EdCET 2020 Exam Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : There are 3 sections in the test.
Ans : AP EdCET is conducted for the duration of 2 hours.
Ans : AP EdCET is conducted on the online mode. In other words, it is a computer based test.
Ans : The candidates who have secured minimum 50% in their graduation or in the post-graduation can apply for AP EdCET 2020.
Ans : AP EdCET is conducted by Sri Venkateswara University on behalf of APSCHE.
Ans : AP EdCET is a state level test and is conducted in the districts of Andhra Pradesh only.
Ans : AP EdCET 2020 is going to be held on May 09, 2020.
Ans : AP EdCET consists of multiple - choice questions.
Ans : Ap EdCET consists of 3 parts.
Ans : Yes, it is a state-level test and is conducted for the admission in the colleges of Andhra Pradesh only.
Ans : The candidates are required to get a minimum of 25% out of the total marks.
Ans : AP EdCET is going to take place in English and Telugu language. However, candidates opting for Urdu language will get the urdu question paper also.
Ans : There are total 150 multiple - choice questions in AP EdCET 2020.
Official website: sche.ap.gov.in
For more information about AP EdCET 2020, download the following documents.
- AP EdCET 2020 Information Brochure
- AP EdCET 2020 Notification
- AP EdCET Application Guideline
- AP EdCET Application Correction Notice
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.