|Manipal University||Apply Now for MU OET|
|SRM University||Apply Now for SRMJEEE|
|JEE Main 2018 Exam Date, Eligibility, Exam Pattern.||Get All Details Here|
Forest Research Institute, Dehradun announces the Master of Sciences (M.Sc) Admission at FRI (Deemed) University for the session 2017. Candidates who are searching for M.Sc Courses at FRI (Deemed) University for 2017 session can check all the details like schedule, eligibility criteria, application procedure, admission procedure from this page given below.
Latest: – FRI M.Sc Admission result has been announced. Check the link below.
FRI M.Sc Admission 2017
The Forest Research Institute University admission test 2017 will held at 12 centres in the country. The duration of M.Sc courses will be 2 years. Candidates can fill their application for M.Sc courses in various discipline at Forest Research Institute, Dehradun as per schedule date. Those who fill their application on or before the last date will be issued admit card for entrance examination.
|Courses||Number of seats|
|M.Sc. Wood Science & Technology||38|
|M.Sc. Environment Management||38|
|M.Sc. Cellulose & Paper Technology||20|
Schedule for FRI M.Sc Admission 2017 is given below.
|Issue of application forms starts on||23 Jan 2017|
|Last date for issue of application forms by post||24 Mar 2017|
|Last date for issue of application forms from Institute / Bank Counter||31 Mar 2017|
|Last date for receiving completed application forms||03 Apr 2017|
|Date of admission test||14 May 2017|
|Date of Ist counseling||07 Jul 2017|
|Date of II counseling||10 Jul 2017|
|Date of Starting New Session||17 Jul 2017|
FRI M.Sc Result 2017
A merit list of candidates including a waiting list will be formed for each course on the basis of aggregate marks secured in the written test. Candidates will be selected in order of merit in all the categories. The result of the exam is declared on the website www.fridu.edu.in . Date of first counseling is 7th July, 2017 and date of second counseling is 10th July, 2017. The candidates will be suitably advised before they come for counseling.
To Check FRI M.Sc Result 2017 – Click Here
The selected candidates will have to pay the prescribed fees and join the course by the due date notified. The fee has to be paid at the time of counseling otherwise the seat will be offered to the next candidate.
If a selected candidate does not join by the prescribed date or if no extension has been asked for and granted by the University the admission shall stand cancelled automatically and the seat shall be offered to the candidate in the merit/waiting list.
FRI M.Sc Application Form 2017
Application form can be obtained by post by submitting a Bank Draft for Rs. 1200/- (Rupees One thousand two hundred only) payable at Dehradun in favour of Registrar, FRI (Deemed) University, P.O.I.P.E., Kaulagarh Road, Dehradun–248 195.
A candidate who want to apply for two or more courses has to fill up separate form fee @ Rs. 1200/- for each course.
Application Fees: Rs. 1200/-
M.Sc. Forestry: Three years bachelor’s degree in science with at least one of the subjects namely Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Zoology or a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or Forestry.
M.Sc. Wood Science & Technology: Three years Bachelor’s degree with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry or B.Sc. degree in Forestry.
M.Sc. Environment Management: Three years Bachelor’s degree in any branch of basic or applied Sciences or Bachelor’s Degree in Forestry or Agriculture or BE/B.Tech in Environment Science.
M.Sc. Cellulose & Paper Technology: Three years Bachelors degree in Science with Chemistry as one of the subjects or BE/B.Tech. (Chemical or Mechanical Engineering). The 2nd year of this course is likely to be conducted at Central Pulp & Paper Research Institute (CPPRI), Saharanpur.
Percentage of Marks (in the qualifying examination): Candidates having 50% or above marks in general category and 45% marks for Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes may apply.
Age Limit for In-service Candidate
The maximum age limit in respect of in-service candidate to M.Sc. Environment Management course shall be 50 years. The age shall be reckoned as on 31st July of the year of admission and no further relaxation will be given in any case.
FRI M.Sc Admit Card 2017
Admit card containing centre code and roll number will be mailed to the applicant by the third week of April, 2017.
In case a candidate has either not received the admit card or has lost it, duplicate card can be obtained from the centre superintendent of his/her examination centre. Alternatively, the candidate may reach office of the Registrar, FRI University, Dehra Dun on working day during working hours. Where duplicate admit card will be issued after submission of a bank draft of Rs. 50/- and a photograph identical to that pasted on the admission test form.
There will be an objective type written test of three hours with questions grouped under the following four sections:
- Basic Sciences including Social Science (100 questions)
- Arithmetic and Quantitative abilities, Computational ability, Quantitative reasoning, Interpretation of Tables, Graphs, etc. (40 questions)
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs (30 questions)
- English Language, Comprehension, Vocabulary, Grammar, Idioms, etc. (30 questions)
The candidate will check within 5 minutes of issue of the test booklet, and ensure that it contains all the pages and no question is missing. If any discrepancy is noticed the candidate must bring it to the notice of the Superintendent/Invigilator and obtain a fresh booklet
The entries in answer sheet must be made with Black/Blue ball point pen only. The options in the answers are also to be rounded with ball point pen only.
The candidate will fill in all the details in the space provided for it on the front page and affix his signature before starting to answer the questions.
Each question will be followed by four alternative answers. The candidate is required to select the one which he/she feels is correct answer. The detail instructions will be printed on the answer sheet. The candidate is advised to go through the instructions.
There will be negative marking for wrong answer to the extent of one-fourth (¼) of the marks allotted to the questions. No page from the test booklet is to be torn or removed. If candidate is found tearing any paper from the test booklet, he/she is liable to be punished for use of unfair means. Inner cover page of the Test Booklet or the blank space/pages at the end of the Test Booklet may be used for rough work.
In case of any dispute it will be subject to jurisdiction of Dehra Dun court only.
Centre of Examination
(1) Dehra Dun (2) Jabalpur (3) Bangalore (4) Kolkata (5) Chandigarh (6) Delhi (7) Lucknow (8) Jodhpur (9) Shimla (10) Ranchi (11) Coimbatore and (12) Jorhat
FRI M.Sc Reservation
Out of the above, following seats are reserved for:
- SC/ST – 15% and 7.5% respectively
- Reservation to OBC – will be provided as per the policy of GOI(c)
- Physically Handicapped – 3% reservation to the Persons with Disabilities under the Persons with Disabilities (Equal opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995 Chapter No. 39, in each course for the candidate with locomotor disabilities one leg, one arms (without mobility restriction) and persons with partial deafness. The candidates will have to produce Disability certificate issued by competent authority at the time of Counseling for admission.
- ICFRE Employee – 5 seats in M.Sc Enviroment Management.
Documents in original to be produced by the candidate at the time of counselling:
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate, if passed from University (to be submitted not later than 90 days of admission)
- High School Certificate/equivalent Certificate and Mark sheet.
- Intermediate Certificate/equivalent Certificate and Mark sheet.
- B.Sc. degree and Mark sheet of all the three years.
- M.Sc. degree and Mark sheet.
- Admission Test admit card issued from this office.
- SC/ST certificate on the basis of which reservation is claimed.
- Physically Handicapped certificate from Civil Surgeon/C.M.O
In case equal marks in written test, the following criteria shall be adopted for taking admission in the course concerned:-
- Preference will be given to the candidate who has higher percentage of aggregate marks in the qualifying examination.
- In case the candidates have equal percentage of aggregate marks in qualifying examination then the candidate higher % in graduation will be given preference.
For more details of FRI M.Sc Admission 2017 – Download Information Brochure.